Virgin Atlantic

"absolutely not worth the fare"

Trip Verified | London to Havana. First time on Upper Class, and somehow it fell quite short. Did not like the seating config - though sat together, we were a long way apart as is the case for alternate rows. Lounge at LGW all table service - nice staff, quality of breakfast absolutely dire. Once aboard, despite it's reputation, I struggled to find anything to interest me on the IFE. Food was very grim - beef on the outbound was like chewing a doormat, and I dislike the way they serve drinks ready poured from the galley as opposed to miniatures most airlines dispense. Drinks were not strong either. On the return, my earphone jack only worked in one ear so I was stuck with a tablet with much less choice and a tiny screen. Again, food and drink poor. Crew both ways were OK without being standout, very bumpy for most of the return but not a word from the flightdeck the whole time - something frequent but still nervous flyers like us find reassuring. All that was said once landing was "hope the turbulence didn't trouble you too much". Idiotic to serve breakfast without putting the lighting back up and when it was so choppy it was difficult to keep it all on the table. Sorry Virgin, absolutely not worth the fare.
RouteLondon to Havana
Date FlownNovember 2019

"experience with Virgin was so bad"

Trip Verified | London to Boston. Terrible experience. Seats are so close together that it was actually painful to sit there for 7+ hours. When we boarded the plane, it was so hot it made my wife nauseous, and we just had to endure until take off. Then the TV screens in the seats were barely functional, very difficult to navigate and use. I used to fly Virgin frequently but after this experience I will give my business to their competitors. My experience with Virgin was so bad.
RouteLondon to Boston
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never fly with Virgin again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with Virgin again. They changed my flight 3 times before I was to go from Atlanta to London on the 26th December 2019. They took me out of premium and into economy delight. I informed them that it was unacceptable. On the day of my flight back to London. I had a 45 min lay over. I reached the desk in 30 minutes from getting off my earlier flight. They closed the gate and would not let me on even though I still had 25 minutes before take off. I was put on an economy Delta flight. I did not get my money back for the premium ticket. Horrible experience.
RouteLondon to Atlanta
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I could recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Washington to London. Friendly, helpful, and responsive crew. On my outbound flight, I was so exhausted that I felt sick, but crew treated me kindly and quickly. Fortunately, I got feel better soon after taking anti-sick pills and oxygen mask. I would like to thank cabin crews from VS22 on Dec. 14 concerning this. Foods were good for economy, though not great. I usually don't use inflight entertainments, but I liked the selection of boarding music. I booked with economy classic, but paid extra for economy delight for outbound and exit row for return. The former was an older version of seat, which is a bit out-of-date from today's standard. A newer seat in the return flight was very comfortable, and I suspect this was the case if it had not to be exit row. I enjoyed my flight, and will come back again. While general service quality may not be comparable to five-star airlines in Asia, I could recommend this airline at least when you have to cross the Atlantic.
AircraftA330-200
RouteWashington to London
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Delhi. The airline offers economy light tickets to long distance travelling passengers which means they are not allowed to carry baggage unless paid separately. Passengers are also not allowed to choose seat prior to travel unless paid separately for this service too. Their agents like Opodo do not make this clear enough to passengers at the time of selling tickets to them. It often comes as bad surprise to travellers. Opodo does not like to take the ownership of cheating by way of misinformation. This affects the airline reputation and people like me will think several times before travelling by this airline again. I was female traveller and was forced to sit between two male passengers on a small seat, putting me in very uncomfortable and awkward position. I would never recommend this airline to anyone this was my first and last experience with them.
RouteLondon to Delhi

"A very good experience"

Not Verified | Johannesburg to London Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic. A very good experience, flight left and arrived on time, flight crew were very professional and polite, the aircraft was clean, food was of a standard I have come to expect from airlines in that its nothing that will wow your taste buds but it was sufficiently tasty. The in-flight entertainment had a reasonable selection of movies and music. The only downside is that the 787 is not as comfortable as other aircraft so you do keep moving around in your seat a lot more.
RouteJohannesburg to London Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a wonderful crew"

Trip Verified | New York to London Heathrow. What a wonderful crew I had on my flight, smiling and happy especially Nicole. They were attentive, Helpful and efficient It was a welcome change and made my journey pleasurable. I’m very happy to hear that next year Virgin Atlantic are scheduling flights from Gatwick to JFK I did tell Nicole & a couple of the crew how delighted I was with my flight & the service.
RouteNew York to London Heathrow

"Extremely narrow seats"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to London Heathrow. Extremely narrow seats, which for certain passengers is a health problem. Poor service, staff not properly trained.
AircraftA340-600
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Flight delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to London Heathrow. Flight delayed by 2 hours which caused me to miss my connecting flight and stuck at airport hotel without toiletries because you cannot bring then via carry on luggage. My 25th wedding anniversary started off sadly by missing 1 day in Corfu, this cannot be made up by Virgin Atlantic, due to their 2 hour delay.
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"we were looked after the entire flight"

Trip Verified | I flew with my family of 8 on the 23rd of August 2019 with Virgin Atlantic. It was a family trip from Gatwick direct to Orlando, Florida. This was our first time with Virgin Atlantic and so glad we did. We booked the in at the desk with a friendly and most helpful lady. The crew on the aircraft were so friendly and helpful too. Such a delight, we were offered throughout our flight meals, drinks including alcohol drinks and snacks such as ice creams. I felt we were looked after the entire flight. Next time we fly to the USA we will be booking with Virgin Atlantic.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Orlando