Virgin Atlantic

"a wonderful crew"

Trip Verified | New York to London Heathrow. What a wonderful crew I had on my flight, smiling and happy especially Nicole. They were attentive, Helpful and efficient It was a welcome change and made my journey pleasurable. I’m very happy to hear that next year Virgin Atlantic are scheduling flights from Gatwick to JFK I did tell Nicole & a couple of the crew how delighted I was with my flight & the service.
RouteNew York to London Heathrow

"Extremely narrow seats"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to London Heathrow. Extremely narrow seats, which for certain passengers is a health problem. Poor service, staff not properly trained.
AircraftA340-600
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Flight delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to London Heathrow. Flight delayed by 2 hours which caused me to miss my connecting flight and stuck at airport hotel without toiletries because you cannot bring then via carry on luggage. My 25th wedding anniversary started off sadly by missing 1 day in Corfu, this cannot be made up by Virgin Atlantic, due to their 2 hour delay.
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2019

"we were looked after the entire flight"

Trip Verified | I flew with my family of 8 on the 23rd of August 2019 with Virgin Atlantic. It was a family trip from Gatwick direct to Orlando, Florida. This was our first time with Virgin Atlantic and so glad we did. We booked the in at the desk with a friendly and most helpful lady. The crew on the aircraft were so friendly and helpful too. Such a delight, we were offered throughout our flight meals, drinks including alcohol drinks and snacks such as ice creams. I felt we were looked after the entire flight. Next time we fly to the USA we will be booking with Virgin Atlantic.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Orlando

"this was disappointing"

Trip Verified | After 5 years of saving Virgin’s flying club miles we eventually booked our one way upper class trip! The (highly rated) Heathrow lounge was disappointing and not a patch on BA’s business class lounge (not alone it’s 1st class one). The food was small, bite sized with only about 3 food choices and all drinks were served to you with no option of helping yourself to anything. The upper class cabin was comfy but not luxurious enough to warrant the 6-8k price tag! The flat beds are fine if your under say 5.8’ The food was adequate but nothing extraordinary and the bar was just a counter you can sit on in the gangway. All in all - this was disappointing and not the amazing ‘never to be forgotten’ experience we were anticipating - send me back to economy where you at least get what you pay for!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLondon to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Crew were great on both legs"

Trip Verified | London to New York JFK. Flew both legs on an A350 in Economy outbound from LHR and returning on a red eye in Economy Delight. New aircraft which were as expected immaculate. Seats comfortable enough for the 6ish hour flight. In Economy Delight there was lots of leg room, 2 of us had 3 seats to ourselves which gave enough space to stretch out and get a bit of sleep which in economy is a rarity. IFE was quick to respond and easy to use. The tail cam gave a clear view on take off and landing. Wifi was free as part of a celebration of the new aircraft, this was excellent once working and was really fast, to test this I was able to make a clear WhatsApp voice call mid flight. Food and drinks weren't bad, cut backs were noticeable since my last Virgin Atlantic flight. Still a choice of 3 main meals, however no side salad, just a main, cracker and cheese, and a small potted dessert. Crew were great on both legs and worked hard throughout the flights to make sure passengers were happy. Definitely recommend Virgin Atlantic when flying to USA.
AircraftA350-1000
RouteLondon to New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Very uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Manchester to Atlanta. Very uncomfortable seat spacing - particularly compared with Delta who run the same route (and owns VA). Jammed in leg room and narrow seats. Food was as bad as anything ever, anywhere. Charred something. Not even bread. Some kind of pudding in a jar: Weird. Wine - the cheapest trash I have ever been offered. It all matched the dreadful airport I flew from - Manchester. Attendants, not very friendly. I hardly use in-flight entertainment - but could see it was poor. Poor film selection and not much mainstream music. I fly Air France a lot - which is vastly superior. LH, Swiss, far, far better value. Delta much better and nicer crew. And food edible. Even EasyJet is better. And Virgin was expensive.
RouteManchester to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"would fly with this airline again"

Not Verified | Manchester to Las Vegas. Flight has excellent service. Flight attendants were professional and served us delicious food. I joined the Flying Club one I got back home. I would fly with this airline again.
RouteManchester to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Nice touch Virgin and thank you"

Not Verified | Very impressed with my flight with Virgin Atlantic. I was met in Johannesburg by an airport official who ran me through customs to get my connecting flight to Durban or I would have missed my flight. Nice touch Virgin and thank you! Best customer service ever. I leave on the 24th August and I’m looking forward to flying Virgin back home.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Durban
Date FlownAugust 2019

"entertainment system is extremely outdated"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to New York JFK with Virgin Atlantic. The entertainment system is extremely outdated in comparison with other airlines I’ve used, both in terms of the software (not touch screen, started up too late, etc) and screen resolution (text was unreadable), badly needs an update. Food could also use improvement, I’ve tasted better on at least several other airlines. Food fold-out table is badly designed, the half closer to me was angled down toward me causing my tray to slip if placed there. Seat pocket is too thin/tight to fit things like a blanket. The seat in front of me had an affixed metal box underneath on the left so there wasn’t enough space to horizontally place my carry-on laptop bag. As you can see most of my feedback relates to components of the plane, not as much the service. Overall a 3/10 from me; some changes relating to the above could raise it at least a few points.
RouteLondon Heathrow to New York JFK