Virgin Atlantic

"food is very low standard"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Austin to Johannesburg via London. The food is very low standard compared to other airlines. We have flown with a wide variety of airlines before (also economy) where the food was acceptable to high quality. Virgin Atlantic don’t seem to serve a well thought out menu. It was a disappointment. I didn’t eat well as most of the items was junk food filled with sugar and simple carbs so I just left it and sent it back.
RouteAustin to Johannesburg via London
Date FlownJune 2022

"thanks to all keep up the good work"

Not Verified | The flights attendants were amazing Julie and Ellie on our outbound flight were extremely helpful and made our experience enjoyable. Departing Thu 07APR at 12:30 Flight Number VS45. Our return flight VS6 from Miami to Heathrow April 23rd was also amazing with staff going out of their way to be attentive and helpful. Heidi went above and beyond to help our family of 5. Many thanks to all keep up the good work.
RouteLondon to New York

"Very disappointing, shame"

Trip Verified | I was excited to fly upper class on Virgin Atlantic. Sadly my bubble was burst at checkin. There was nobody at the desk. The premium next door was working and I was left stand like a lemon for 5 minutes. No apologies when I was finally served. The cabin was very tired. I sat in 1k and the seat was damaged and the interior tired in general. There was no room for my hand luggage in the overhead. I had to ask for the pillow as it wasn’t on my seat. The crew were okay but certainly didn’t give you the feeling of being in a premium seat. I have flown premium class before and thought the seat and service were much better Virgin Atlantic than Upper Class. I chose the chicken for my dinner. It arrived very overcooked and dry. I didn’t have any further courses. The toilets I used weren’t very clean with toilet paper and litter on the floor. The sink was dirty. The seat/bed was probably the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in. The bed was uncomfortable - lumpy and enclosing. The morning breakfast bacon roll was very small and uninspiring and the coffee was luke warm. Whilst I would fly premium again, I definitely wouldn’t fly upper class on Virgin. I actually feel like I was ripped off. The extra cost of the seat did not match service or experience received. Very disappointing, shame.
RouteMiami to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2022

"changed the flight schedule several times"

Trip Verified | I booked a Virgin Atlantic flight for my parents, both senior citizens prioritizing the layover time and they changed the flight schedule several times. The flight originally had 4 hours layover at London Heathrow and changed to 14 hours. I paid a premium price for the tickets based on the relatively short layover. The policies are designed just to dupe people's money. For the sake of refund they offer flight credit valid for Year, for the same passengers and destination. When you take our money for booking then why not return money for the changes you made. Nobody in the right state of mind would want their parents to spend 14 hours at the airport considering their age. On rescheduling the tickets they are asking me to pay $3000 NZD (difference) with 11.5 hours layover at the London Airport. These policies are to scam people of their money. These policies would not want me to consider the airline again. There is no way that I can use that flight. I will have to make a fresh one way booking for them.
RouteOrlando to Mumbai via London
Date FlownDecember 2021

"spacious and comfortable seats"

Not Verified | Flew with them to Delhi and back this month. Was a great flight with no to very short delays, spacious and comfortable seats, good entertainment selection which will keep you entertained for the whole flight (non-Hollywood selection was underwhelming however), average food (decent for a plane though), friendly cabin crew who were always coming around serving food/drink and happy to support with anything. Would definitely recommend anyone to fly with this airline.
AircraftA350-1000
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLondon Heathrow to Delhi

"I am very disappointed"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I do not recommend Virgin Atlantic. This was an absolutely awful experience that ruined my vacation with my family and infant son. To start they put my infant son in danger by forgetting to book him on our flight that was changed so we ran around the whole airport and had to pay a bunch of money to jump in our flight last minute. After they lost all of our bags, so we were left with nothing we needed for us or our son. This left us all in stress and a lack of what to do, ruining the first several days of our vacation. We finally got the stroller and one bag shipped to us, but one bag was still missing. The bag with my clothes and my sons. I was promised it would be shipped to my next destination, but when it never arrived there, they said it was shipped yet again to the wrong address. Yet another mistake. Because of Virgin Atlantic, our vacation is ruined because we lack clothes and essentials, for our trip. I am very disappointed and do not recomend anyone to travel with this airline.
RouteLondon to New York
Date FlownApril 2022

"a few months before each flight they change the aircraft to an inferior one"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Virgin Atlantic decided to start a very aggressive campaign to promote their A350. Seeing as they finally chose a decent business class layout for one of their planes I booked a flight that is operated with it. Unfortunately this appears to be a trick that they use to get customers to book with them. They systematically advertise flights with the new A350 and a few months before each flight they change the aircraft to an inferior one (B787 / A330) and raise the price by thousands of dollars. Sadly, Virgin Atlantic will be the first airline that will be able to switch their customers support from human representatives to robots, since they're only allowed to follow a very strict script provided by the airline. Was told by a few representatives that they're getting non stop calls from angry customers (some with disabilities) about aircraft changes from the A350 to older ones and that the only option it to pay thousands of dollars in fare difference to switch to a flight on the A350. On multiple trips with the 787 and A330, I experienced stuck seats, ripped seat covers, broken armrests, non responding entertainment system and filthy windows and seats. Crew onboard obviously had no way to help with any of it aside from offering me more antibacterial wipes to clean my area. To add to these amazing Virgin Atlantic experiences, they food is the worst among the many airlines I flew with in the past. Would be better off with a cup of noodles. Virgin Atlantic has amazing crew and very good onboard service (had a nasty incident having to do with a disability of mine and the crew were fantastic), but unfortunately that is basically it.
RouteTel Aviv to Los Angeles via London Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Absolute rubbish"

Not Verified | London to Seattle. First flight with Virgin, and direct to LHR to SEA - lost my check-in luggage. Along with around 20 other passengers. Absolute rubbish of a company. From the moment of entering the terminal area for Virgin to arrival. Complete disorganisation at check-in, an hour plus delayed takeoff and arrival, zero updates on any changes, gates, delays, food items running low for a 9.5hrs journey, and a grand final of my lost luggage.
RouteLondon to Seattle
Date FlownApril 2022

"last 4 digits of payment card did not match"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight in December 2020 from Manchester to Barbados on Virgin flights via Kiwi Travel. I had everything prepared (paperwork, covid tests etc). At check in the Virgin staff advised me I couldn't board the flight because the last 4 digits of the payment card did not match my personal credit card. I advised that Virgin, as top of the food chain, must have set up a payment process with their 3rd party agent (KIWI) and therefore with anybody booking via this agent, the cards would never match as this was obviously a KIWI card. The staff appeared to ring a manager and proceed to tell me as the card numbers didn't match I was a security risk and couldn't board the flight. The Virgin staff then went on to say if I gave them more money I could board the flight (I asked how this would stop me from being a security risk and they had no answer). I had no alternative other than to pay the demand (£591.90). Immediately after I arrived at my destination I sent a formal complaint. There have been many emails in the past 15 months where Virgin have tried to deflect me back to KIWI when it is in fact Virgin who have taken my money. I have also put great effort into getting KIWI to reimburse me: Internet searches suggest KIWI are a scam and I am now having to go legal. This legal action may cost me more than I can recover, however I feel that Virgin are playing on this in order not to repay those who have been cheated by this system that they themselves have set up. As such, on ethical grounds, I am prepared to lose money.
RouteManchester to Barbados
Date FlownDecember 2020

"this was an abysmal loss recovery process"

Not Verified | Terrible flying experience overall. Would not recommend flying. Disjointed departure experience. Poor information regarding process - had to stand in 2 different lines for 30 minutes just for document verification. Flight delayed by 60 minutes. The real problem however started after arrival. Bags did not arrive. The generic baggage desk at New Delhi airport was singularly unhelpful. After 60 minutes, they registered a claim. We were told that next day we would be called by an agent. We were also provided with a WhatsApp number to call. No calls were received and the provided number was wrong. We contacted a number located from an internet search. In a string of email messages, had to submit the same documents over and over. Initially, they refused to deliver to home but agreed after considerable conversation. 3 days later, still no luggage - airline will not provide us with contact phone of the courier who will apparently deliver the bags. No compensation provided - we are expected to submit invoices which will take at least 16 days to adjudicate. It is understandable that some bags do inevitably get misplaced but this was an abysmal loss recovery process.
RouteAtlanta to Delhi