Virgin Atlantic

"Absolutely shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | This flight was booked on Monday 16 March. Received an email on 17 March informing me the flight is due to be cancelled. Was phoned on 18 March to say the flight has been cancelled. 204 days later and still no refund! Absolutely shocking customer service. I will never use this airline again. Shame on you.
RouteJohannesburg to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"customer service has been abysmal"

Not Verified | I am due to fly on Saturday (26th Sept) to America despite the fact that America is not allowing anyone from the UK in (apart from direct family, US residents etc.). Virgin will not refund me as the flight is still going. I can't actually go due to the FCO advise for America. Because I have booked through an agent, Virgin won't talk to me. I am the agent! I booked my own flights while working for the travel company before being made redundant. I have been trying for almost a week to change my flights to next year since I can't get a refund and am now being told I might be charged for it. This is unacceptable. Your treatment and customer service has been abysmal.
RouteLondon to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I will never use them again"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled - appalling customer service and refund policy - minimum 120+ days wait for refund and no way to make contact with them. Suggest a refund from your credit card company as a better option. I will never use them again and very much doubt they will be in business much longer.
RouteManchester to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Vast improvements are needed"

Trip Verified | Check-in, Security and Boarding were all reasonably efficient. The Virgin Atlantic aircraft interiors are always pleasing and welcoming with the nice mood lighting. Unfortunately the seat is not very welcoming. Something about this seat makes it feel very uncomfortable and cramped, even for an economy seat. The flight got off to a bad start when the IFE completely stopped working, and unfortunately never started working again for the rest of the flight. This happened whilst halfway through the safety demonstration, causing the crew to have to suddenly scramble to perform a manual safety demo. The crew were outstanding, and really made this flight. Without their friendly and professional attitude, the experience would have been poor. They tried their best to get the IFE working whilst also creatively coming up with ideas for entertainment e.g. drawing competitions and quizzes etc. A really great team! Food was terrible! This airline has sadly lost it's classy image. Having a great brand is not enough! Vast improvements are needed.
AircraftA330-300
RouteLondon Heathrow to Boston
Date FlownJune 2019

"not provided the service advertised"

Trip Verified | I purchased an upper class seat with Virgin Atlantic, and when I was not provided the service as advertised, the customer service agent had this to say: “I must advise with respect the meals and drinks we provide to our customers on our flights are complimentary and does not form any part of the cost of the ticket to fly with us”. Instead of being offered a travel voucher or something nice for the inconvenience, you are berated as though it is somehow an imposition to ask for what is advertised when you booked; go figure! Virgin refused to do anything to assist in the matter, and finished me off with an empty apology.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2020

"chooses to impose outrageous penalties"

Not Verified | In this time of hardship and a world wide pandemic, Virgin chooses to impose outrageous penalties, unless you booked in March 2020, what about us the people that have tickets and vacations planed since last year? The pandemic is now a heartless company. They would rather fly ghosts planes creating fuel emissions that damage the economy by wasting fuel and leaving a much contaminated air pollution behind at least give the world a break at least in this time of trouble. BA, Lufthansa and all other mayor important airlines waived the penalties, look around you. Everyone will remember this moment in which you chose money as oppose to profits. As we travelers have seen what you truly are.
RouteMiami to London Heathrow

"kind and lovely staff"

Trip Verified | New York to London. Virgin Atlantic are the best. Extremely kind and lovely staff. The food was amazing especially the wine, the plane was new, amazing in flight entertainment.
RouteNew York to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"kind and very hospitable"

(Trinidad & Tobago)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Tobago with Virgin Atlantic. The cabin crew were exceptionally kind and very hospitable. The flight number was VS097. I forgot to notify the airline of my food allergies in advance yet the stewardess made every effort to provide me with meals that were vegetarian and would not get me sick. Thank you so much again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Tobago
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never had such a poor treatment"

Trip Verified | Paid for a 5pm direct flight from San Francisco to London. Had seats with my wife assigned and vegan meals ordered. Our flight got cancelled. We where rerouted the next day with a 9:00 am flight to LA, with a 4 hour layover to a connection flight to London. Called USA Virgin Atlantic customer service, was on hold for 90 minutes, till my phone died. Tried again later that evening and No one answered. The next day, we got up at 4:00 am because we had to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight, had no breakfast and when we checked in at the counter we found out that we where seated separately on both flights and that our vegan meals where canceled. In LA I called customer service who could not fix anything, due to the “system” not allowing him to do so. He was arrogant, telling us to contact ground staff to see if they could get our seats together, and advised us to buy our own meals at the airport. Furthermore, he said that we should be grateful that we are returning home the next day. Ground staff did get us two seats together, but we did not have vegan meals. On the airplane the flight attendant was kind to find us food that we could eat from other meals. Never had such a poor treatment from an airline before in my life!
RouteSan Fransisco to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"could not fault the service"

Not Verified | A wonderful Crew. London Heathrow to New York JFK. Flew Economy on the 13th and 17th January. I’ve never flown with Virgin before, but definitely will again! Honestly could not fault the service, all staff were friendly, helpful, attentive and lovely to talk to, my whole group felt the same! The food was really good also and so was the on-board entertainment. Will be definitely flying with Virgin again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to New York JFK