Virgin Atlantic

"didn’t care to respond for months"

Trip Verified | I never came to Virgin expecting too premium of a service but I wasn’t expecting for them to have such a level of disrespect for their customers. The flight was actually ok, pleasant enough even. They have good shows I suppose. The problems was their baggage tracing and appeals platform. They had lost my bag. I had to buy new things, stay a week longer because they said my bag ‘might’ show up (on their website they said wait about two weeks, no one actually ever bothered to contact me, ever). Nevertheless I had to leave Los Angeles and couldn’t wait there anymore and had paid extra to wait and stay in my hotel. So I left without a word from them, my bag effectively in limbo and my financial claims unanswered. Never a word from them. For a month according to their own policy they had officially lost my bag. Finally, “your bags arrived" in Los Angeles. Now I had to get it cross the country which wasn’t cheap either. I decided to get a claim together and send it to the company, I had already sent the little expenses in for clothes but they didn’t pay. Well, the first claim was sent around July 14, they first got back to me about my claim this morning (October 24th). Their response: sorry, I guess. Such a long drawn out, stressful waste of time. I could have gotten a way better service: a nicer seat and better service and paid a fraction of how much they ended up costing. Nevertheless they didn’t care to respond for months and when they did only to say “computer says no”.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2022

"they had no idea and made no effort to find out"

Not Verified | I have an allergy to sesame seeds. I was offered a chance to choose a "special meal" but no information on the sesame seed content. When I asked the members of staff they had no idea if the food contained sesame seeds and made no effort to find out. The food, with one exception, was labelled only in Hebrew. It was also quite horrible. Given that there has been a least one tragic death on a plane, it would surely be prudent for the staff to have a working knowledge of allergens.
RouteBen Gurion to Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2022

"entertainment system was not working"

Trip Verified | The inflight entertainment system was not working could not see the safety instructions. When complained a very rude air staff made an excuse. Then two hours before landing the whole system was reset and it was working. The food was awful no taste. Seat very uncomfortable.
RouteLondon to Mumbai
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Overall an average service"

Trip Verified | Flew Virgin to Islamabad, Ground Staff at Heathrow was at shortage therefore not-so smooth Check-in and boarding process. The flight pushed back 2hrs late which did get annoying. The seats were spacious, and legroom was excellent even in the far end of the Economy section. The IFE's were quite responsive and easy to use and had many choices available. The crew were also very attentive and helpful. The meals were delicious and fulfilling. Landing in Islamabad was considerably delayed, for those connecting to other destinations it may have been a hassle, however passengers like us whose journey terminates in Islamabad it wasn't that impactful. Overall, an average service, not comparable to the airlines in the Middle East, however in terms of the British/EU/American market they offer a great product and service.
RouteLondon to Islamabad
Date FlownJune 2022

"it was mediocre at best"

Trip Verified | I recently flew to Johannesburg with Virgin on their "new" A350, and it was mediocre at best. The cabin crew were fine, a bit absent during the flight, but no more so than other airlines. I flew economy delight and the seat was nice, especially the extra leg room. Unfortunately after take off there was an issue with the entertainment system which was reset, but a lot of the movies had no sound which was disappointing on a ten and half hour flight. The food portions were tiny, as were the drinks, but perhaps that is what it is like after COVID. It just seemed mean. On arrival at Johannesburg my suitcase was broken so the Virgin rep got me to fill in a form and told me they would get back to me within the week. This never happened. I have tried calling the number on several occasions and no one picks up. It is very poor customer service, actually there is no customer service! I don't expect a lot but I do expect to be treated with a bit of respect and this has not been my experience. I am not looking forward to the return flight, but it will at least be my last with this airline. Considering everything that is going on in the world, do yourself a favour Virgin and realise there are lots of companies out there that deliver a better service and value for money.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Johannesburg

"awful customer service"

Trip Verified | We planned a 40th birthday trip for myself, my wife and some friends to Las Vegas then heading to California then flying home from Las Vegas again. I am 6"7 so we opted for the upgrade to economy delight. We checked for the front row seats at the time of booking and during the build up to the trip but they were never available. The flight back there was next to no food/drinks on offer for the upgrade we booked. The lady in front reclined her seat when the flight took off, she pressed the seat against my knees. Fast forward a few hours where I had finally got to sleep on the over night flight. I was rudely awaken by the stewardess on the chair in front, knee up on the chair, left hand on the recline button and the right hand on the head rest as she repeatedly jumped to recline the chair. My wife saw exactly what happened as she woke from her sleep (light sleeper) and shouted that they stopped. The chair was slammed back in to my knees like 5 or 6 times before she stopped and exclaimed that everyone has the right to recline their seat. Her only response was "Oh!"... no apology, no offer to move the lady in front or myself to a more suitable seat. I filed a complaint with Virgin about the awful service but they don't care. They have offered me some points that will get me money off my next booking but nothing great. Awful experience, awful customer service and awful complaint handling. Won't be flying with them again.
RouteLas Vegas to London
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Virgin really is all hype"

Trip Verified | Virgin really is all hype. What you see on the TV ads is not what you get onboard. First of all horrendous handling in IAD. No communication, staff like lost sheep. Boarded the aircraft at the same time as departure. Drinks being poured in the bar area as we boarded, nice to see Upper Class drink juice from Tetra Pak. Not even fresh juice in Upper? Seat pitch in economy must be the worse I’ve seen. Tatty seats and when you adjust the headrest it comes off in your hands. Crew scruffy look like they just woke up. Food appalling! Basic, tasteless and minimal. Just slides off the tray table anyway couldn't keep anything upright on it. Waited to use the toilet during the flight was there about 15 mins. Crew passed no one said anything, they unlocked the toilet and tidied it up. Nice. Stood waiting like an idiot while crew walked past and said nothing. Breakfast was awful. A pain au chocolat they could at least have the decency to heat. Wouldn’t take 5 mins. Yoghurt and some granola bar. Cabin crew walking around wearing passenger blankets. Duty free service in the dark. What’s the point? Just awful. First experience and I would never book again. Cheapest full service airline I’ve ever flown with. Do not recommend at all.
AircraftA330-300
RouteWashington to London
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"look forward to flying on Virgin again"

Not Verified | First leg on Delta was atrocious. Seats on Virgin was very comfortable (11hr. flt.) Meal service was very good, entertainment system very good as well. Extremely satisfied with economy delight class. It seems foreign carriers provide much more service that US airlines. Assistance checking-in in London super with Virgin staff. The walk to the gate was very long however, so give yourself enough time to get to the gate. I look forward to flying on Virgin again!
RouteHonolulu to London via Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Terrible service in Heathrow"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Terrible service on Internet site. Payment for seats select was withdrawn but in the terminal check in refused and made me to pay secondary for the same seats. Terrible service in Heathrow terminal. Food very poor.
RouteLondon to Tel Aviv
Date FlownAugust 2022

"definitely travel with Virgin again"

Not Verified | Had a great flight out to Vegas with Virgin. I booked the standard economy light flight and had seats allocated when I checked in the day before. The seats were comfortable and the service throughout the flight was exceptional. I would definitely travel with Virgin again. A bit disappointing that the price has risen so astronomically though. I had a return flight booked for back in 2020 that was obviously cancelled due to the Covid and the same flight now costs nearly treble, such a shame.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Las Vegas