Virgin Atlantic

"I am now stuck in a loop with customer service"

Trip Verified | We recently booked a return flight from NYC to London directly through Virgin Atlantic's website for August 31 at 10 pm. I thought it was extremely odd that it wasn’t showing up in flight status or their website, only on our booking number. I called Virgin Atlantic eight times to confirm and was assured multiple times the flight was going ahead. We showed up at the Virgin Atlantic terminal at 6.30pm on August 31 and were told by Virgin Atlantic representatives to go to the Delta counter. We waited an hour at the Delta counter only to be told there was no 10 pm flight even though we had the reservation number. I asked to talk to the supervisor who grew hostile and said she had five other flights to process none of which were mine and I needed to talk to Virgin Atlantic though by that point there were no agents at the Virgin Atlantic counter. We asked one more Delta agent who said there was no 10 pm flight to LHR at JFK. This was a very important trip for me. I hadn't taken a break from work since May 2019. I had not seen my family in the UK since January 2019 (including my mother who has M.S.). We got a hotel at the airport and stayed up until 2 am because that is when the Virgin Atlantic phone desk opens in the UK. After being put on hold for an hour we managed to get booked onto a flight the next day at 8.15 am. However, because the trains to my mother's in Lincolnshire stop running at a certain time of night, we had to book a hotel in London and catch a train in the morning. I am now stuck in a loop with "customer service" at Virgin Atlantic who refuses responsibility stating that they are just the marketing people and the flight was operated by Delta. Delta is stating they are just the flight operators and Virgin Atlantic is the agent. Neither will offer apologies or compensation for the hotels.
AircraftVS4030
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Lovely cabin crew"

Not Verified | It was outstanding. Lovely cabin crew, the seat were fantastic, just got to watch out for the food as it can be and look disgusting. For the inflight entertainment there was a lot for the adults but not for the kids and for the WiFi you pay like £20 for 1 hour of WiFi. Besides that it was a great flight.
RouteBridgetown to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2021

"She is an amazing person"

(Israel)

Not Verified | We had a flight on May 29th from Tel Aviv to London. All the staff was amazing and so welcoming, but I want to mentioned Emma, flight attendant. She is an amazing person, such a sweetheart. We had a situation with our bag that left behind in the lounge at Ben gurion airport. We had all of our covid documents printed and we were in such stress that we will not allowed to enter England. We had a personal reason to come over, and not for just vacation. Emma noted my stress and she was so emphatic and caring. She tried to relax me when I was crying about it .. she talked with her manager to try to solve it before we'll land and she wrote an email to the lounge regarding the bag that left behind. She's is the best and most amazing flight attendant that I had the chance to flight with. We both so thankful for her and for her attitude regarding all of this. It was such a bliss to meet her again on our flight back on June 9th Again, she remembered us and ask about it and took care of us personally and I can't thank her enough♡. We're for sure will travel again with Virgin Atlantic company and sooner is better, thank you for everything.
RouteTel Aviv to London
Date FlownMay 2021

"Buyer beware!"

Not Verified | Buyer beware! We purchased first class tickets to Europe for September and Virgin Atlantic just cancelled them but will not refund our money. We have a family trip planned for specific dates and need to purchase tickets with another carrier, but our money is now tied up with Virgin Airlines, which we will likely never fly. Looks like they just stole $7,000 from us. Do not purchase any tickets with Virgin Atlantic unless you want to be ticketless and moneyless!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles to Amsterdam via Rome
Date FlownApril 2021

"flight got delayed twice for 12 hours"

Trip Verified | My flight got delayed twice for 12 hours once I arrived in the airport. When I called them to help me out I received no help! I called multiple times just to hear that if I don't mind keep getting delayed they'll get me home. No compassion, no feelings, and absolutely no help. I would strongly advise against using this airline.
RouteTel Aviv to London
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Absolutely shocking customer service"

Trip Verified | This flight was booked on Monday 16 March. Received an email on 17 March informing me the flight is due to be cancelled. Was phoned on 18 March to say the flight has been cancelled. 204 days later and still no refund! Absolutely shocking customer service. I will never use this airline again. Shame on you.
RouteJohannesburg to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"customer service has been abysmal"

Not Verified | I am due to fly on Saturday (26th Sept) to America despite the fact that America is not allowing anyone from the UK in (apart from direct family, US residents etc.). Virgin will not refund me as the flight is still going. I can't actually go due to the FCO advise for America. Because I have booked through an agent, Virgin won't talk to me. I am the agent! I booked my own flights while working for the travel company before being made redundant. I have been trying for almost a week to change my flights to next year since I can't get a refund and am now being told I might be charged for it. This is unacceptable. Your treatment and customer service has been abysmal.
RouteLondon to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I will never use them again"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled - appalling customer service and refund policy - minimum 120+ days wait for refund and no way to make contact with them. Suggest a refund from your credit card company as a better option. I will never use them again and very much doubt they will be in business much longer.
RouteManchester to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Vast improvements are needed"

Trip Verified | Check-in, Security and Boarding were all reasonably efficient. The Virgin Atlantic aircraft interiors are always pleasing and welcoming with the nice mood lighting. Unfortunately the seat is not very welcoming. Something about this seat makes it feel very uncomfortable and cramped, even for an economy seat. The flight got off to a bad start when the IFE completely stopped working, and unfortunately never started working again for the rest of the flight. This happened whilst halfway through the safety demonstration, causing the crew to have to suddenly scramble to perform a manual safety demo. The crew were outstanding, and really made this flight. Without their friendly and professional attitude, the experience would have been poor. They tried their best to get the IFE working whilst also creatively coming up with ideas for entertainment e.g. drawing competitions and quizzes etc. A really great team! Food was terrible! This airline has sadly lost it's classy image. Having a great brand is not enough! Vast improvements are needed.
AircraftA330-300
RouteLondon Heathrow to Boston
Date FlownJune 2019

"not provided the service advertised"

Trip Verified | I purchased an upper class seat with Virgin Atlantic, and when I was not provided the service as advertised, the customer service agent had this to say: “I must advise with respect the meals and drinks we provide to our customers on our flights are complimentary and does not form any part of the cost of the ticket to fly with us”. Instead of being offered a travel voucher or something nice for the inconvenience, you are berated as though it is somehow an imposition to ask for what is advertised when you booked; go figure! Virgin refused to do anything to assist in the matter, and finished me off with an empty apology.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles