Virgin Atlantic

"customer service is horrible"

Trip Verified | It is one of the worst flights ever. They have the meanest ground staff and their customer service is horrible, the wait time is 2 hours to get hold of someone in customer service. The food served on board is nasty and its the bare minimum. Never fly again with them!
RouteDelhi to London
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Virgin has cut back everything"

Trip Verified | Arrived at LHR to be greeted by Virgin ground staff, all the COVID checks were completed, such as documentation, proof of vaccinations and negative PCR tests as required at the time of flying. This was an early morning flight, and we arrived early, but the queues were already building, chaos in the lines, people fumbling for paperwork, 2 staff members running around the check-in area like headless chickens which is just a sight you don't want to see. You would think a large airline would be able to handle this amount of passengers. Check in desk finally reached, and our seats had been moved, we were travelling premium, and had pre-selected the seats only weeks ago, 2 seats next to each other. No we had been split up and separated in two single seats at opposite ends of the cabin, sat next to random people. Fair play to the check in agent and she was able to solve this quickly, with our original seats given back to us. boarding soon arrived and this was again a free for all, no boarding for upper class and premium passengers, people shoving and pushing each other, which given we are in the height of the pandemic I was irritated that social distancing went out the window and the airline allows such poor practice to be allowed! We eventually boarded, only by joining the lines and being allowed straight through ahead of some of the economy passengers. We were given a travel pack which contained sanitiser, face masks and wipes. Cabin crew came round with water or juice, no champagne as advised that they didn't have enough for premium passengers, only upper class will get it. Not great, but what can you do - we had juice instead. No snacks, no pretzels anymore - seems the airline removed this, and we were told it was an argument with the supplier? We asked about amenity kits and were told that premium passengers don't get them anymore, Doors eventually closed, we took off for the sun. Mealtime soon came round, menus were given to passengers, when the crew got to us, they only had a veggie option available to eat. They said they only had 8 chicken dishes loaded and they went to the first 8 passengers in premium so the rest of us have to have veggie choice. Neither of us had the main meal as it wasn't to our taste. Crew apologised to us and said upper and economy had the same issues as well. Could it get worse - 4 hours into the flight the IFR screens froze and despite resetting did not work in some of premium. No spare seats so could not move but was told that we could go and sit in economy if we wanted to - kind of defeats the purpose of the upgraded cabin, so we looked out the window and read for a while, but still not great. The snack wall was another disappointment, again thanks to upper class clearing it out and limited stocks we didn't get a look in to this. The crew were great, they expressed there frustrations that Virgin has cut back everything to the bare bones of which they said that they hate it as they cannot give the service they want. Overall really disappointed with the airline and how bad they have slipped.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Antigua
Date FlownOctober 2021

"You cannot amend or cancel online"

Not Verified | Had to attempt to amend our booking due to a medical emergency. You cannot amend or cancel online, only fill a silly form that they say they'll respond to in 72 hours, more like never on hold to customer service for 2 hours and 20 minutes when we finally got through! We were a credit card number away from rebooking our flight only to get cut off/hung up on for no reason and then no contact, call back email or anything when they had our phone number, booking reference etc. We are currently an hour and half into our second call attempt and have another phone in line as a back up in case they hang up on us again. Wish us luck but I don't think we're amending this booking or getting a refund from what reviews I've also read.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Miami via West Bay
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"What a shocking airline!"

Trip Verified | What a shocking airline! I have been waiting since the 12/10 for a refund from Virgin, have been on the phone to them about 20hours in total about this, have messaged them via twitter. I received my refund today for half the amount into the incorrect bank account! Avoid at all costs!
RouteLondon to Johannesburg
Date FlownDecember 2021

"our bag did not make the plane"

Not Verified | We arrived and our bag with all our clothes did not make the plane. We were told it would come in the next day or two, that Virgin would be in touch each day with updates and gave us an 800 number to call. We were also told to go buy anything needed in the meantime. The 800 number says the line is not in service and to use the WhatsApp line or email. We have done both. No word from anyone. We decided to not buy anything as we spent what have on this trip to see our family - who we haven't seen in almost 3 years. We did not want to spend more and then have our claim go into a black hole as our luggage seems to have done. We have missed a celebration as we don’t have our clothes, shoes, toiletries etc and still no word on our bag. We arrived two days ago, no word, can't get ahold of anyone. We can’t understand how 2 bags checked together 2.5 hrs prior to departure and only 1 bag arrives. Then all the info regarding delivery of the missing bag sends us to a black hole, very dishonest and misleading. It feels like a big business getting the best of you and there is nothing you can do about it. My husband and I are now out almost all the clothes we own which went much in the first place. Not sure what to do at this point.
RouteLondon to San Francisco
Date FlownDecember 2021

"service wasn't the best"

Trip Verified | Started off well easy check in at LHR for 0800 flight. First issue was lounge was not open until 0630 which seemed late for the flight and with Airline requirments of boarding 50 minutes before flight, it only gave us 40 minutes in the lounge. The lounge was very impressive just wished we had more time. Boarding was a mess no priority for Upper class passengers and queued a long time on the boarding bridge. On board the seat was comfortable and lie-flat spacious, remember this is an early morning flight and the meal service we received at 0930 was based on dinner (who wants a Roast Pork or Chicken Dinner at that time). Cabin Crew were friendly but service wasn't the best with poor quality of food and drinks. Not what you expect when paying a premium price.
RouteLondon to Montego Bay

"Worst meals ever"

Trip Verified | Had early morning Mumbai to London flight at 2.20 VS 355,and we’re in the queue waiting to do the check in Suddenly my uncle BP shot up, hence requested for wheelchair assistance at the Mumbai airport. Chrisella at the checkin desk was really supportive, helpful so polite and very professional. She made the checkin so quick and even checked in my uncles had luggage which saved me for having to carry his on top of mine. Your service is excellent but please improve on food, as the meals on both the flight London to Mumbai and back we’re horrible. Had to survive on juice and water. Worst meals ever.
RouteMumbai to London
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I am now stuck in a loop with customer service"

Trip Verified | We recently booked a return flight from NYC to London directly through Virgin Atlantic's website for August 31 at 10 pm. I thought it was extremely odd that it wasn’t showing up in flight status or their website, only on our booking number. I called Virgin Atlantic eight times to confirm and was assured multiple times the flight was going ahead. We showed up at the Virgin Atlantic terminal at 6.30pm on August 31 and were told by Virgin Atlantic representatives to go to the Delta counter. We waited an hour at the Delta counter only to be told there was no 10 pm flight even though we had the reservation number. I asked to talk to the supervisor who grew hostile and said she had five other flights to process none of which were mine and I needed to talk to Virgin Atlantic though by that point there were no agents at the Virgin Atlantic counter. We asked one more Delta agent who said there was no 10 pm flight to LHR at JFK. This was a very important trip for me. I hadn't taken a break from work since May 2019. I had not seen my family in the UK since January 2019 (including my mother who has M.S.). We got a hotel at the airport and stayed up until 2 am because that is when the Virgin Atlantic phone desk opens in the UK. After being put on hold for an hour we managed to get booked onto a flight the next day at 8.15 am. However, because the trains to my mother's in Lincolnshire stop running at a certain time of night, we had to book a hotel in London and catch a train in the morning. I am now stuck in a loop with "customer service" at Virgin Atlantic who refuses responsibility stating that they are just the marketing people and the flight was operated by Delta. Delta is stating they are just the flight operators and Virgin Atlantic is the agent. Neither will offer apologies or compensation for the hotels.
AircraftVS4030
RouteNew York JFK to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Lovely cabin crew"

Not Verified | It was outstanding. Lovely cabin crew, the seat were fantastic, just got to watch out for the food as it can be and look disgusting. For the inflight entertainment there was a lot for the adults but not for the kids and for the WiFi you pay like £20 for 1 hour of WiFi. Besides that it was a great flight.
RouteBridgetown to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2021

"She is an amazing person"

(Israel)

Not Verified | We had a flight on May 29th from Tel Aviv to London. All the staff was amazing and so welcoming, but I want to mentioned Emma, flight attendant. She is an amazing person, such a sweetheart. We had a situation with our bag that left behind in the lounge at Ben gurion airport. We had all of our covid documents printed and we were in such stress that we will not allowed to enter England. We had a personal reason to come over, and not for just vacation. Emma noted my stress and she was so emphatic and caring. She tried to relax me when I was crying about it .. she talked with her manager to try to solve it before we'll land and she wrote an email to the lounge regarding the bag that left behind. She's is the best and most amazing flight attendant that I had the chance to flight with. We both so thankful for her and for her attitude regarding all of this. It was such a bliss to meet her again on our flight back on June 9th Again, she remembered us and ask about it and took care of us personally and I can't thank her enough♡. We're for sure will travel again with Virgin Atlantic company and sooner is better, thank you for everything.
RouteTel Aviv to London