Virgin Atlantic

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | Recently had a flight change from the evening, and then Virgin cancelled the evening flight until the next morning. We were informed any hotel costs and food would be reimbursed as they are the ones who cancelled and then re booked our flight. Virgin have now refused to refund the hotel cost they promised to reimburse. Virgin are clearly incompetent and liars, never fly with them again. In regards to the flight itself, food was terrible, seats very uncomfortable, if I could give less than 0 stars I would.
RouteCape Town to London
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Rude airline staff"

Trip Verified | Rude airline staff constantly knock in to you when walking through the aisle, and wake you up to tell you to unrecline your seat even though this is meant to be allowed.
RouteMontego Bay to London
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"£125 GBP for a seat assignment"

Not Verified | I bought a Business class (Upper class) ticket and called for seat assignment (calling the 800# put me on a constant loop of menus,: none of which offered an agent.) I found another phone number and learned that despite having spent $$$$ for a business class ticket I would have to pay an additional £125 GBP for a seat assignment. Astonishing and after this upcoming flight I will likely be done with Virgin
RouteMiami to London
Date FlownAugust 2022

"regret to say I will go back to BA"

Not Verified | The staff both outward and inward were very good. My main gripes are the food and beverages for such a long flight. The children’s meals were inedible and of very poor quality. The wine in a can is abysmal. The inflight entertainment is adequate. When you have a flight in excess of 7/8 hours, good food, drink & entertainment are the things that help pass the time pleasurably, especially if you’ve paid to upgrade the flight. We flew back Upper Class but I can’t say it was much better. The flat bed seats are like ironing boards and so uncomfortable, the food & wine were marginally better than Premium but not outstanding. I regret to say I will go back to BA. Virgin, I gave you the opportunity but felt let down, especially for the price paid.
RouteLondon to Orlando

"definitely outstanding service"

Not Verified | I flew with this airline for Christmas. Great airline, everything is up to standards. The food was great and it was very spacious. Especially my flight attendant who is lovely and attends to my every need, definitely outstanding service!
RouteHeathrow to Boston
Date FlownDecember 2022

"on board everything pretty good"

Trip Verified | Used Virgin for the 2nd time in 10 days this time in Premium Economy, premium check in at Orlando took only seconds and security about 30 minutes. I used the Delta Club Lounge through my FF tier which was very busy not great but a bit better than the general busy departure area. Boarding was a bit slow but once on board everything pretty good, seat 20A was comfortable crew where great and surprisingly the food was pretty good too. Departed on time and arrived about 10 minutes late after 8 hours 20 minutes. I'm a big fan of premium economy and actually I felt the seat was more comfortable than my previous flight on the 787 Upper Class. Premium economy fares have increased lots recently but if you can get a decent fare I would use premium economy on Virgin Atlantic.
AircraftA330-300
RouteOrlando to London
Date FlownDecember 2022

"the best between UK & US"

Trip Verified | Used Virgin Atlantic for this trip, first time with VA for about 5 years. Check in at Heathrow T3 very quick priority security also very quick, on to the Virgin Clubhouse which is always good but perhaps VS need to look at the scan system for ordering food which I waited for for 30 minutes after ordering. Boarding was simple and well organised, seat 2A on the Boeing 789 was fine although I've never liked this seat, it was okay, flight departed on time and arrived just about on time after 9 hours. Crew were great, I didn't know what to expect food wise, but it was pretty nice and I enjoyed it anyway. I had changes made to this flight 3 or 4 times which meant having to contact the Virgin call centre which was a pain. That said I like Virgin, never used them lots because I dont visit the US that much, but I feel they are the best between UK & US.
RouteLondon to Seattle
Date FlownNovember 2022

"didn’t care to respond for months"

Trip Verified | I never came to Virgin expecting too premium of a service but I wasn’t expecting for them to have such a level of disrespect for their customers. The flight was actually ok, pleasant enough even. They have good shows I suppose. The problems was their baggage tracing and appeals platform. They had lost my bag. I had to buy new things, stay a week longer because they said my bag ‘might’ show up (on their website they said wait about two weeks, no one actually ever bothered to contact me, ever). Nevertheless I had to leave Los Angeles and couldn’t wait there anymore and had paid extra to wait and stay in my hotel. So I left without a word from them, my bag effectively in limbo and my financial claims unanswered. Never a word from them. For a month according to their own policy they had officially lost my bag. Finally, “your bags arrived" in Los Angeles. Now I had to get it cross the country which wasn’t cheap either. I decided to get a claim together and send it to the company, I had already sent the little expenses in for clothes but they didn’t pay. Well, the first claim was sent around July 14, they first got back to me about my claim this morning (October 24th). Their response: sorry, I guess. Such a long drawn out, stressful waste of time. I could have gotten a way better service: a nicer seat and better service and paid a fraction of how much they ended up costing. Nevertheless they didn’t care to respond for months and when they did only to say “computer says no”.
RouteLondon to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2022

"they had no idea and made no effort to find out"

Not Verified | I have an allergy to sesame seeds. I was offered a chance to choose a "special meal" but no information on the sesame seed content. When I asked the members of staff they had no idea if the food contained sesame seeds and made no effort to find out. The food, with one exception, was labelled only in Hebrew. It was also quite horrible. Given that there has been a least one tragic death on a plane, it would surely be prudent for the staff to have a working knowledge of allergens.
RouteBen Gurion to Heathrow
Date FlownOctober 2022

"entertainment system was not working"

Trip Verified | The inflight entertainment system was not working could not see the safety instructions. When complained a very rude air staff made an excuse. Then two hours before landing the whole system was reset and it was working. The food was awful no taste. Seat very uncomfortable.
RouteLondon to Mumbai