United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

LAX-ORD-FRA-EWR-LAX last month. All flights arrived on time with no major issues. ORD-FRA on 747 and FRA-EWR on 777. Had upper deck on the 747 and it's the best place on the plane. Less people in a much more secluded environment. On both directions the crew was congenial and the service was top notch. I appreciated being thanked for my business and for flying UA. The United Club in EWR was a bit crowded for my liking but overall a great experience on all 4 legs. I fly almost every week and they tend to get me where I need to go on-time.

United Airlines customer review

I boarded UAL 771 July 25th SFO to LAX. I had an International flight to catch on another airline. While I have had my share of grumpy UAL flight attendants I immediately noticed a different energy in the FC cabin when I entered (I bought FC - it was not a complimentary upgrade). There were two male flight attendants being warm and welcoming. They were constantly seeing what passengers needed (it was a 24 seat 757). They knew how to handle every request and not just with a sterile perfunctory smile. The mood among all of the passengers was noticeably different. I'm not sure that many of UAL's FA's know how significant they are in creating an energy on the plane among the people by the way they welcome and serve the passengers. Most FA's know how to serve a cup of water. That does not take much skill. However to serve the water and give the sense that it is done graciously is something else.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Flight from ORD to Edinburgh was first delayed and then cancelled at 7pm due to "aircraft maintenance". We were told to stay at the gate where a 'recover' team would rebook us onto other flights. It took each agent about 15 minutes to deal with each customer and then after standing in line for an hour we were told that we had to leave the gate as it was needed for another flight. We were told to go and join the back of the long queue at the Customer Services desk across the hall. After standing in line for almost another hour we were told that the best that could be done would be to put us on the flight the next day. Luckily I checked and found an American Airlines flight to London Heathrow leaving at 9.40pm that night with an onward connection to Edinburgh with British Airways. The American and BA staff were courteous and helpful unlike the United staff who didn't seem to give a damn.

United Airlines customer review

UA982 12/23/2013. United provided me with the worst traveling experience of my life. I spent 24 hours in Kuwait City airport after a cancelled flight. United gave me the run-around promising flight after flight which were all already overbooked. The only compensation I received was a complimentary hotel room. I got to the hotel at 1.30am and they took me back to the airport at 4am to catch a flight that was of course overbooked. I finally got a flight (on a different airline) 12 hours later. I understand that some circumstances simply cannot be helped. That is the gamble that goes along with travel. It is the being lied to and treated so poorly which made my experience so terrible.

United Airlines customer review

I write this review sitting in the Milwaukee Wisconsin airport. My flight from Milwaukee to Chicago has been first cancelled then delayed twice. I should have driven to Chicago. Missed two connecting flights. Should have bee in Hartford CT at 10am then 2pm now 4pm. What an absolute joke. When an airline can't provide adequate service from Milwaukee to Chicago they should just fold up their tent and go home. Don't pretend to be a transportation service when you can't transport people as promised. Scheduled this trip specifically to attend a theatre production produced by a friend. Attending that event despite my best planning is being placed in jeopardy by this airline.

United Airlines customer review

The worst airlines I have flown in years! Kiosks were confusing and not enough help to use them. Both round trip flights from Boston to San Francisco were packed to the gills. Seats were terrible and cramped and it felt like you were sardines. Absolutely no snacks at all! Food offerings looked so bad even the staff said not to buy most of them. They have the audacity on the flight back to charge passengers for direct TV with no free channels at all! No cool circulating air so it felt suffocating! Seats terrible and uncomfortable. Staff agreed with our complaints. Flight was one hour late getting into Boston.

United Airlines customer review

In May my flight from Newark to Toronto was cancelled due to bad weather - eventually 3 hours after boarding and sitting on the tarmac. I was then left stranded as an international passenger trying to deal with a very surly United ground staff "customer service agent" who told me either to sleep overnight in the airport or find a hotel? No help or assistance. I complained to United officially on my return to the UK and in fact they "granted" me a voucher for $150 off my next booking. They added that they hoped that this did not give me a bad impression of United. Unfortunately I had already made my next booking to the US with United travelling Belfast to Newark to Knoxville early July. Flights from Newark to Knoxville cancelled two days in a row. As there are 3 of us this time I have to find hotels for 2 nights in a row. One positive that came of this was that United re-routed us to Knoxville via Atlanta using Delta. On the way back from Knoxville via Washington to Newark the United flight was delayed by 2 hours. We are then re-routed from Washington to London then Belfast. It maybe incidental to note that no other airlines had delays at Knoxville that day? At least we get home albeit some 4 hours later than expected. Due to delays in arriving we miss the connection London to Belfast. Luckily this flight is on a British Airways plane so I go to BA and it is sorted - promptly and courteously by a nice customer service lady.

United Airlines customer review

First Class from LA to Dulles. When breakfast service came they had cereal and fruit. That's the meal for a $3000 ticket. The attendant repeatedly told me "That is all we currently have available". I offered to buy my own breakfast from the coach menu and was informed that I would indeed have to purchase my meal. On my return flight scheduled at 2.30 pm from Dulles the flight was delayed twice then cancelled at 6pm. Provided with a $100 coupon - certainly doesn't pay for a hotel room in DC. My original plan - flying back on the 10.10 pm flight indeed proved irrational. It was also delayed. I asked the customer service agent to put me on American 6.15 flight to LA. She refused pointing out that I was on backup for 10.10 pm with United. She reissued my ticket on American at the coach rate. She also incorrectly copied down the gate to delay my progress. Thankfully they were on the same concourse. When I made it to American I indeed confirmed that there still was an open first class ticket. The lovely American agent called United and unfortunately did no better than I had for the past three hours finding someone who could reissue the ticket as first class. American graciously put me in the last seat without any help and much hindrance from United. I can honestly say that one should strongly consider their well being before booking a United flight.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

Went ORD-DCA-ORD to visit family. On a regional jet the flight was still somewhat comfortable. Coming back to Chicago there was some confusion with passengers who needed to get seats together and while I didn't mind moving I would hope they could try and resolve these things before the plane is full and it becomes hard to move around because of people in aisles etc.

United Airlines customer review

This is usually a good airline - except when flying out of Santa Barbara CA. They share with Skywest and this is a horrible partnership. The gate agents in SBA are horrific and could not care less about their customers. They canceled our flight and the next flight and the next flight on our anniversary weekend. Their only excuse was that skywest never responds and this always happens. If I offered that at my place of business I would be out of business.