United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

AUS-IAH-LGA in F. First segment on a new E175 in Economy Plus. Actually really surprised at the comfort of the seat despite all the negative press about the new Slimline product. Of course this flight was only about 30 minutes but for a regional hop not bad at all. Continuing segment was on A319 in F. Seat was moderately comfortable but pitch was lacking and by the end of this 3 hour flight I was definitely eager to deplane. Service was attentive and professional however and drinks were consistently refilled. Food could have been better but what else is new. Overall I was pleased with this journey and despite being loyal to AA would consider UA again if traveling to one of their hub cities.

(Lithuania)

I have no idea why they call travelling United "flying the friendly skies". I have not seen even one friendly FA during my two flights. During SJU-EWR leg we weren't even greeted while boarding the plane. It felt like a sarcastic joke when they showed a safety video at the beginning of the flight with smiling crew greeting you since all you see on board is sad tired unprofessional crew. The flight was 90 minutes late due to an electronic glitch in one of the plane's systems. Even though many were going to miss their connections in FRA there were no apologies given - just a statement of facts. Pilot announcements consisted of mumbling something intelligible into a PA system couple of times and when it was brought to the attention of a FA she responded "Oh yes I know I could not understand him either". Thirdly it is a meal service. Food itself was inedible but this is a common trend of many airlines so I did not have any expectation in regards. The main issue was what they call service on board United or total lack of it. There were no smiles no "enjoy your meal" no "what would you like" just appalling "what do you want" and throwing it at your table - truly "the friendly sky"! There was a row and a half of passengers forgotten during the beverage service and FA had to be reminded to serve us some drinks. I understand mistakes and miscommunication may happen but a little "sorry" would be the right word to say. There were none! And lastly is the seat comfort. I understood that new United modus operandi of the economy class is to squeeze you towards the back of the plane into old uncomfortable seats with no leg room (in which no one should be allowed legally to seat for more than 2 hours) so you would spend a hundred or so bucks for the Economy Extra next time you fly with them. I also however do believe that even the most affordable on-board service class should include some basics of travel and hospitality: decent amount of leg room (not extra but just sufficient) acceptable service and a friendly crew. Anything beyond that should be considered extra and come for a price of course that customer will chose to pay or not. Since United has obviously different point of view in this regard I will avoid flying them next time.

United Airlines customer review

Houston to Narita and Narita to Houston - dirty plane restrooms not cleaned during the flight and staff could learn how to serve with a smile from almost every Asian airline. Only positive was the flights were on time. We should not be treated like cattle and rude attendants who complained about the merger of two airlines rather than even attempting to serve the passengers. Oh and the meals were 1/2 the quality of ANA Delta Air France or KLM.

United Airlines customer review

Up at 3 am for a 6 am flight from Buffalo to Miami with stop in Newark. Buffalo to Newark bathrooms on plane out of order. They were to tell us before we boarded but did not. Arrive Newark 8 minutes late. First ones off aircraft onto shuttle at terminal "A" to terminal "C". Race through airport no time for bathroom stop arrive gate to be told they sold our seats. They had to know we were on the flight because they had our luggage. Very angry workers directed me to service desk where they booked us on a flight 12 hours later to Miami where we had to pay for another hotel for a night because the car rental company that we booked through was closed. The plane was still at the gate while we were making other arrangements. I am a frequent flyer and will now utilize another airline.

United Airlines customer review

Recently flew from Boston to San Francisco on a 757. First at the check in where Star Alliance Gold Passengers have to pay for an extra bag. Then to the lounge - dirty and too full. Then onboard - crew so grumpy and super senior rude crew. Very limited service and no smiles at all. Crew just wanted to get their job done so they could chat amongst themselves at the back of the Y class cabin. Honestly I dread flying this airline - UA has to be the worst airline in the Star Alliance. SQ TG NH TK please teach them how to serve their customers better!

United Airlines customer review

Flew IAH-DEN-IAH on A320 last week and we had the Personal Entertainment Option (Beta). I guess after Beta unfortunately we have to pay for that too. Both flights on time and nothing to complain about.

United Airlines customer review

I have been a loyal UA Mileage Plus customer since 1984. On my last flight from FLL to SFO (Flight 1645 on 2/1/2015) I was not admitted into the FLL Lounge - despite me having presented a very valid UA Club Pass which I received last week in relation to my new Chase MP Explorer Visa Card. Even the remark that I travel on First Class did nothing. The lady in the lounge claimed that the United Passes I got from Chase were falsified! They were not as UA customer service later confirmed. The flight itself was a horrible experience: None of very old blue leather seats in First Class reclined. There were no foot-rest (which is standard even in many Economy Classes around the world - for example on Turkish Airlines). The United First Class Seat was at least 30 years old with a sealed armrest ashtray. The food was horrible and cold and a stewardess did not know the difference between white wine and champagne. The Video system on my seat had no audio. The much touted "Wi-Fi” did not work - I could not connect. I conveyed to UAL that they should not use such equipment on long-haul flights. The flight in First (which really was not a First Class experience at all) cost me 50.000 Miles. I will frequent other airlines from now on.

United Airlines customer review

FRA-ORD-LAX-OGG. All flights were in clean planes with enough legroom (I've 183cm of height). IFE on international SEA-IAH-LIM return. This was a good trip outbound in business class. The lie flat seats in the B767s on the Lima leg were excellent crews were attentive. My wife broke her leg in Peru so we had a medically assisted evacuation back and the service was excellent wheelchairs attendants etc. all good.

United Airlines customer review

FRA-ORD-LAX-OGG. All flights were in clean planes with enough legroom (I've 183cm of height). IFE on international flights depends on the aircraft but on B777 and B767-400 its working well with a good choice of movies. Staff friendly (with one exception) food compared to other airlines (e. g. Lufthansa) much better. We missed our flight in ORD due to a 45min-delay in FRA for which United was not responsible. We could Hotel vouchers in Chicago flew to LAX and OGG the following day and arrived in Maui about 20hrs late. OK we missed one day in Maui but we got compensation (350USD for each passenger).

United Airlines customer review

Frequent flyer here. Worst flight experience I have had. Flight was supposed to be 53 minutes long. Got 44 minutes delayed due to late arrival of the plane. After boarding 15 minutes delay due to "technical difficulties". Smallest plane I've been in. Even though I wasn't planning on checking in my backpack the plane was so small that most passengers had to give their carry on luggage to the flight attendants to pick up from the luggage claim later. After landing (59 minutes after we were supposed to) the baggage claim carousel wasn't turned on until 35 minutes later! 2 other flights' passengers have landed after us collected their luggage from the carousel next to ours and left. Finally 40 minutes after landing (which is unusual for a domestic flight at a small airport) they started providing our luggage. The only good part about the whole flight was the behaviour of the pilot and the attendant. My ride was waiting outside for an hour and a half and I was extremely embarrassed. Never again.