United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

Possibly the worst airline to fly internationally. Such a shame compared to other European and Asian airlines. Traveled on the ORD-MUN. Flight was delayed due to leakage in cargo. Apparently they found it after every one boarded the plane. Planes are ageing. Entertainment system kept rebooting automatically. Each reboot taking 5 minutes. Service was pathetic. FA's never tried to help. Beverage rounds were few and in between. Overall has been a very bad experience whenever I have flown United. Avoid it like plague.

United Airlines customer review

I had the worst experience with this airline. I frequently fly between Hartford and Columbus. All flights out of Columbus and Hartford have a very poor on-time percentage around 40%. My return flight had been boarded with a broken air plane which led to everyone de-boarding and boarding a second plane. In return many people on the plane missed their connecting flights from the delay and had to be rebooked and stay at a hotel overnight including myself. My morning flight the next day had a delay that cost be a full business day at work. This is just one of many times I have had trouble with this airline I will not be flying again.

United Airlines customer review

Returning to Michigan from Waikiki we got to Chicago where we found out that the plane to Detroit was cancelled. When we went to the service desk they acted like they did not care told that we could be put on stand by until the next open flight in 3 days had a seat. Their customer service was rude and uncaring. Luckily our travel agent called American Airlines and got us a flight in one hour.

United Airlines customer review

Flew United SYD-SFO in Economy Plus. Paid $200 for exit row seat so unlimited legroom. Staff business like but not rude. Soft drinks offered soon after takeoff. Dinner was basic but that was actually welcome - steamed chicken 4 slightly shrivelled chips veg tiny Apple pie drinks offered again. Water was offered twice during overnight and a midnight ham roll and Tim Tam for those awake. Breakfast was omelette and barely recognisable sausage. IFE was shared screens but I used iPad. Overall not as unpleasant as I had feared.

United Airlines customer review

Flight from Midland to Salt Lake City was great. Both planes were small but that was fine. The crew were great and the reason I purchased the tickets was because it was the fastest flight. The layover was short and it was easy to find my next gate. We left and arrived on time. On my way back however totally different! I had a 6.20 flight and arrived at the airport at 4.30. The line for United Airlines was so long it extended the length of the terminal and out of the door. I stood in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes! No information given and the line did not move very quickly at all. Finally at 6 am a woman working for United started walking down the line asking if anyone was going on the 6.20 flight to IAH. Over 30 people left the line to stand in yet another line for an additional 10 minutes. No explanation was offered no apologies given. We were rushed through first class passenger line of security and I boarded the plane at 6:15 am. The plane was half full because everyone was still waiting in line. Our flight left at 6.45 because we had to wait on all the other passengers. The pilot did his best to make up time in the air and I made in time to make my connecting flight. I still have no idea what happened in SLC it seemed to me like a lot of laziness and poor customer service.

United Airlines customer review

Flew Dublin - Newark - Washington Dulles on 6th March on a B757 and then a D8. The cross Atlantic flight was fine on time reasonable seat good choice of movies etc. but the food was very poor - potatoes hard as was the bread no choice - it was meat or meat. On the hop from Newark to Dulles I was surprised how noisy it was though I was close to the engines. United seem to call people forward now by group number as printed on there boarding pass as opposed to seat number blocks. Not sure it helps and fail to see the logic of filling from the front back - getting the people at the back in first means less blocked aisles.

United Airlines customer review

It has taken me in excess of an hour to resolve what should be a simple matter on the phone with their customer service flights are always late (which I understand is not always the airline's fault but most of my late flights result from insufficient crew which they can do something about). The coach cabin is a mess and even first class which I usually take is sub par. Last time I flew first class they gave me a hard time when I asked for milk for my toddler children! Not to mention that they ran out of food. I already had low expectations for them but I did not expect to bring my own food to first class. Avoid at all costs.
Seat TypeFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

NRT-BKK. Uneventful trip on a route about to be abandoned by United. Surprising considering the 747 was packed to the brim. Boarding was chaotic and those of us in business class had no idea where to line up to board. Nice hard product but uninspiring service and meal. Overworked flight attendant working business class in the dome got the job done though. Pilot had Channel 9 (air traffic control) activated which is one of the nice features that only United can claim. The RCC lounge at NRT has much to be desired - hands down had the worst cappuccino in my life there.

United Airlines customer review

Flew from Newark to Denver where United decided without any form of communication to hold 2 of our bags to arrive with the next flight to Denver 3 hours later. After arriving in Denver we waited at the baggage carousel for nearly an hour until we were fully convinced 2 of our bags did not make the flight. Throughout the night we tried calling different customer service numbers of United and could not get a straightforward answer. 20 hours later our bags reached us. On our flight back from Denver to Newark the entire flight was boarded seat belts fastened welcomed by the pilot until another announcement from the pilot came on and I quote "there is a small problem. Should be a quick fix that will take best case 30 minutes". 10 minutes later we are told to deboard the plane because this "quick fix problem" has caused the plane to be completely out of service. As we all deboard our entire flight is told to go to one customer service desk with 4 representatives. Nearly an hour later we finally get up to the representatives and all I hear is a potential flight to Houston reboard the out-of-commission plane at 3.30 or wait until tomorrow. Save yourselves the trouble and aggravation and never fly United Airlines!

(Austria)

Washington to San Diego and San Francisco to Washington. Old planes not enough overhead storage for the amount of cabin luggage they allow people to lug in. One stewardess had a shouting discussion about the oncoming superbowl from the front of the plane to row 39. No free food on a 5 hour flight no drinks except water and fruit juices of doubtful quality. Online entertainment is a joke! Never again!