Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

IST to Gatwick London on 25th as a Gold member with other Star Alliance airlines they did not provide a priority baggage handling tag. Lounge at IST was excellent but far too busy at least 10 mins to find a seat and another 10 mins to queue for the foods. If you want to have a shower you may need to wait 90 mins. From London to Istanbul on 30th I was not allowed to use the lounge not allowed to increase check-in baggage allowance and could not check my bags to my final destination. When I re-checked my bags in Istanbul they would not check-in my bag again to Melbourne only to Singapore asked me to re-check them in Singapore. After I arrived in Singapore I checked with ground staff of Singapore airlines who helped me to re-direct my bags to Melbourne and I did not have to do it myself again. The cabin service with TK: staff very unfriendly and do not want to provide services at all. The toilet was disgusting. Only good thing about TK is that they provide a good travel kit.

Turkish Airlines customer review

The B737-800 used by Turkish airlines (IST-ISB) is completely unsuitable for a journey of over 4000km and lasting 5 hrs 35 mins. The seats are tiny and the leg room not great even for 5'10 person. Turkish Airlines continue to spend an awful lot of money on advertising telling us how great they are but the reality is somewhat different. This Aircraft is only suitable for domestic or 2000km maximum.

(Turkey)

IST-SZG (Salzburg) - IST. Outbound with A321 inbound A320. Crew friendly and smiled during the flight. Food was excellent. Departures on time and even though I am 1m 80 legroom was satisfactory. Just because some of the aircraft's are old you may not have a personal entertainment system which is not so much a problem with short haul flights.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Today I am waiting in the busy airport with inadequate facilities in Istanbul airport. It looks like Turkish Airlines are trying to run more than it's capacity can support. I am bound for Dhaka after completing my 15 days holidays in Europe. It was announced just 2 hours before departure that Dhaka flight TK 721 is delayed for 5.55 hrs almost 6 hours. I went to airline desk with sign "We are here to help". But in reality we got nothing not even a smiling apology. We came. To know that airline will not provide any help and we were told to spend time in the crowed food court where we had a hard time to get a place to rest. Finally we had to purchase ticket for lounge just to have a place to rest. I am widely travelled and a member of SIA Gold Card holder. Turkish Airline staff need to learn to be more polite and train to handle difficult situation and continue to satisfy the customers when they fail to provide services in time. A long way to go.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Took a flight from Stuttgart to Istanbul aircraft was not in a very good shape. Food Quality was okay staff were unorganized.

Turkish Airlines customer review

In December 2013 we flew from Istanbul to JFK - Flight 0003. We had previously flown from JFK to Istanbul a week earlier so we knew what to expect as far as seat comfort movie selection and meals. This time however the flight crew was very different from the last crew. It was obvious from the moment we walked on the plane that the crew was unfriendly and unprofessional. They seemed completely unconcerned for the well being of the passengers. We received a tiny cup of coffee at take off and did not get any more in the 11 hour flight! The beverage cart only came around when meals were served - twice! The bathroom went from clean to disgusting in about three hours and remained that way. It is very disappointing that such a good airline has terrible employees.

Turkish Airlines customer review

In December 2013 we flew from JFK to Istanbul Turkey then on to Rome Italy. Our flight was 0004. After reading some of the reviews for Turkish Airlines I was concerned about our trip. We were however pleasantly surprised. The flight crew was friendly accommodating and generous with drinks and food. We flew Economy Class. The seats were as comfortable as they can be after 9.5 hours. The movie selection was good. The crew is what really made the flight great. If all Turkish Airline employees were as good as this flight we would definitely fly with them again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from ORD to IST then on to ADD in Early December 2013. The leg from Chicago to Istanbul was perfect. Excellent seats attentive staff and excellent food. Check in was east and efficient and all ground and all flight staff were highly professional and friendly. Flight from IST to ADD was on a smaller plane (B737) so the seats were not good but service was fine. The Istanbul airport is total chaos but the business lounge was huge and the food omnipresent. I'd give Turkish Airlines a top rating better than similar flights on Delta or Ethiopian by far!

Turkish Airlines customer review

The overall service is fair. I was booked in economy premium from Scotland to Turkey and then Turkey to Bangladesh. Although I collected my boarding pass for both parts of the journey from Edinburgh airport where I was allocated my chosen seat. On my trip to Bangladesh the cabin crew at the boarding gate had cut my seat number (12K) on the boarding gate with a pen and gave me seat at the very back of the plane. This made my journey very unpleasant. On both parts of my trip the cabin ran out of one of the options on the catering menu. There was no in-flight entertainment facility on the flight from Turkey to Bangladesh.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Flew from AMS-IST-RUH. The seats in business class are not at all comfortable and not working properly. The steward dressed up as a cook is a joke! Unorganized and messy.