Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines customer review

Dublin to Istanbul 27 Dec returning on 1 January. Outgoing flight TK 1978/27 return flight TK 1975/01. Great service staff and entertainment. Couldn't fault this airline and I am a frequent flyer. Would definitely recommend using their services again.

(New Zealand)

September 2013 on a return trip from New Delhi to Istanbul. The plane food service were all way below what I expected the plane was so old I was surprised it was still in service. I took a return trip from New Delhi to Rome - via Istanbul. At that time I raved to friends about the quality of the plane flight everything. I was shocked when my experience this year was so bad. Staff didn't want to be on the plane it was so bad. I would like to try Turkish Airlines again when I travel in September this year - how do I know whether I get a good plane or a bad one. I have said I would recommend the airline again because my first experience was so good - would advise people to be cautious though.

Turkish Airlines customer review

I took a business class flight from London to Karachi via Istanbul leaving on 15th December 2013 and returning on 4th January 2014. Going in December the London to Istanbul leg was on par with the business class for other carriers I had flown with both in terms of the seats and the service. For the Istanbul to Karachi leg (5 hours) the seats were essentially comparable to economy class seats for other airlines I have taken (e.g Emirates Qatar Airways Oman Air) both in terms of width and maximum pitch. This was the case for the entire return journey both from Karachi to Istanbul and from Istanbul to London. Essentially I feel as if I have paid for a business class ticket but received economy class seats! I certainly wasn't feeling refreshed after a holiday to go straight back to work. I would not advise anyone to use Turkish Airlines.

(Saudi Arabia)

Flew Jeddah-Istanbul-Dublin December 2013 and returned by reverse route January 2014. Business class is a joke. Seats and legroom shocking on both Jeddah Istanbul legs and no inflight entertainment. Disgraceful when compared to alternative carriers. Customer service via website also dreadful.

(Greece)

ATH-IST-DXB and MCT-IST-ATH on A320A321.All flights on time. Food and beverages above average and that's the only positive. FA's with poor knowledge of English had a typical and cold smile trying to serve the meal fast and then disappear. Seat comfort and legroom very poor. PTV's on A321 ok but on A320 not at all not even on the roof! Finally we had to wait about 4 hours both inbound and outbound in a chaotic transit in Istanbul with not even one chair to sit on. Terrible. TK is advertised as the best European airline but after my experience well what can I say.

Turkish Airlines customer review

TK0710 and TK0711. The service from Istanbul to Islamabad and Islamabad to Istanbul is very poor. On 30th December 2013 Islamabad-Istanbul flight I found the cabin crew very rude. Their understanding of English was poor. They kept missing seats while dropping food trays. For a 5 hours plus flight the single aisle plane was not comfortable. With no personalised seat mounted entertainment I feel sorry for families travelling with kids. One toilet was not working there were long queues for the only other working toilet for economy class.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Business class LGW-IST-BKK / BKK-IST-LHR. Having read several reviews particularly around the level of business class service we were somewhat apprehensive prior to travelling. In the event we found the overall product to be high quality and at an operational level all flights departed on time and allowed connections to be made easily. It is true that its down to you to request drinks throughout the flight but requests were met in a friendly way. In fact there was certainly no lack of friendliness or smiles from the cabin crew unlike other reviews on this site. Comfort levels were great in the A330 flat bed sectors the London to IST sectors on the A321 compare very favourably to other carriers short haul business class. The lounge at IST is also to be highly commended although very busy (xmas). Overall we were very satisfied all round and would use them again and would recommend.

(Italy)

Got a very cheap discount ticket from Milan (Italy) to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and return. Each sector was on time and operated by an aircraft with decent legroom. Meals on board were excellent more bistro than airline food! Transiting at Istanbul airport is as painful as getting through packed Gulf hubs (as Doha and Abu Dhabi) but this is the unavoidable part of the journey! Just two cons: Most of cabin crew and ground staff at IST have really basic English skills. In Dec 2013 online check-in was not available at KL airport making the pre-flight experience a bit hectic. However by best Europe/SouthEastAsia travel experience so far!

Turkish Airlines customer review

MAD-IST-SIN in business class Dec 27th. TK use a shared AENA run lounge in Barajas T1 but it's spacious and food/service offering has just been improved and is good but seats are really old and need a good clean. Flight to IST in brand new 737-800 with comfortable 2-2 seating. Good inflight meal and entertainment. Transfer in IST was horrific - poor signs and the transit for VIP passengers is not highlighted so easy to miss. Miles of walking and it looked like a building site. The lounge was simply overcrowded and staff at reception had an "I don't care attitude". Onward flight boarded early no separate line for business class and departed on time. Inflight service and airline image ruined by an inept crew that messed up the service and were shoddy. This is a shame as the product could in principle be very good but we'll not fly TK again.

Turkish Airlines customer review

Chicago - Kathmandu- Chicago. Poor to fair inflight service. IST-KTM flight delayed. Return flight KTM-IST delayed missed connecting flight. Ground staff very rude took 4 hours to find where to go. Some passengers with me spent night on airport chairs. They changed my connecting flight booking from Chicago to Kansas city. I nearly missed the flight. Ground staff got angry when passengers did not understand when their names were called.