Turkish Airlines

"Twice they messed up my flight"

Trip Verified | Twice they messed up my flight. First time when I was flying to Lviv they messed up the dates ,and I couldn’t do check in because I was not in the system. The people who’s working there not professional, I spoke with over 20 different people over the phone to check what’s going with my flight, they couldn’t fix anything , and it was their fault. So when I was going to the airport I still didn’t know if I’m flying or not. I got to the airport on rush, 1 hour before registration because I was on the line and they didn’t tell me anything and didn’t fix it. And it was international flight when you supposed to get there at least 3 hours before. But I didn’t know that was just a beginning, when I supposed to return back from Lviv that was happened again. Messed up my dates, my flight, I was holding on the line the whole night and they send me final confirmation 1 hour before registration in the morning.
RouteLviv to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"not the same anymore"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines is not the same anymore. I would like to share my experience about my flight MIA-IST on Jan 31. I’ve had a sit at 26H. I was board in one of the first group. I’ve had a huge box with laptop. It can’t be stored in the overhead bin as there was no room for that. I placed it between my legs and the crew saw that and did nothing upon boarding but before take of the flight attendant asked me to place it under the seat in front of me or in the overhead bin. I told her I can’t do that as there is no room for that and ask to change my seat. They found a sit for me at 18G and I placed the box with laptop under the seat 18E. There was nobody and there was a plenty room for that. At this time another flight attendant showed up and start yelling to me if I’m not place it in the overhead bin and not follow the rules she kick me off the plane. She was rude and very aggressive. I’ve had a flight to Miami on Jan 29 and had a bag with dogs. It was stored the same way at 17E as the box with laptop and it was fine and nobody said nothing on my first flight. So why it was such a big deal if they do nothing on my first flight with the same issue? I wanted to use the lavatory but the seatbelt sign was on so the crew informed me I have to stay in my seat but few minutes later I’ve seen a guy who get off his seat with mask off and this lady was standing next to him and said nothing.
RouteMiami to Kyiv via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"disappointed for what was not a cheap ticket"

Trip Verified | A disappointing trip that would be so easily made better. Actually my first ever trip on Turkish airlines. And it was poor. I understand that we are travelling under different circumstances at the moment but they could do better. To serve a flavourless cheese roll, a peach juice and a small water as replacement catering is unacceptable. Does the ME3 who compete with Turkish do likewise? No. Crew were not interested in the customers and after handing out the cheese rolls remained mostly hidden at the back of the aircraft. I asked for a wine but was offered a second water. Again, disappointed for what was not a cheap ticket. I was offered business class too at a competitive cost but glad I did not take that option in case of similar poor service standards. Worth noting that check in and ground crew was fine. IFE too looked goo but I did not participate. I think my one-off experience with Turkish as a ME3 alternative will not be repeated.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"They served us some absolutely delicious meals"

(Finland)

Not Verified | The airport was a little bit dirty when I stepped in the waiting area, but the staff were very kind at the airport. Because the economy class was full, and some of the economy travellers were Frequent Flyers, (like me) we had a free upgrade to Business class. We were kept waiting for almost 1 and a half hours inside the plane. The cabin crew was very nice and I had a choice of four different pre-flight drinks. The cabin was wide and quiet, while I was very surprised at the seat having an IFE System and a reading light, that is pretty rare in narrow-body airliners. The seat was very clean and had many useful things. The In-Flight Entertainment system had lots of features which I could use while waiting for the plane to move. Later on, we got flying and experienced some minor turbulence. The cruise was overall very good. They served us some absolutely delicious meals, consisting fruits, a main course, drinks and a dessert. We landed quickly and smoothly to Istanbul. We left the plane via a jetway, which was pretty nice too.
RouteHurghada to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I don’t recommend Turkish Airlines"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I had a connecting flight Doha to Cairo via Istanbul. We have arrived at 11.30pm from Cairo. We have arrived (me, wife & infant) at the arrival gate then we have to walk around 4 KM passing by Security gate, Security team doesn’t speak English and asked me to carry my child out of his car to scan it. I tried to explain that X-ray machine not going to fits. However, they insist to be like that but I was right and the x-ray didn’t fit and we lost time. On my way to my gate I have noticed my flight status ( last call) I run around 3 minutes but unfortunately I missed my flight. I went direct to the customer service informing them the situation and this was at 12.50am which’s 5 minutes after the gate close and 55 minutes before the flight time, customer service lady asked me on very rough and taff way to follow the line tried to inform her I have a baby and we can catch the flight but she ignored me. Now, I understood no way and I have missed the flight. I started to ask about solutions ( the only option to provide me another flight after 15 hours without hotel accommodation and Egyptian Nationalists not allow to enter the country by getting visa upon arrival. So no hotel booking for 15 hours with 4 months child with additional cost of $100 to access the IGA lounge and just to let my wife feel good while she breath feeding her child. I don’t recommend Turkish Airlines for any one.
RouteDoha to Cairo via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | This is the worst customer service that you could imagine. The attitude and knowledge are really bad! They will try to ignore you, put you on wait, point you to someone else .. until you give up. They made us running around for no reason .. everyone of them have the different guidance and none of them take responsibility to solve the issues or help their customers. One of them even asked me to wait for 15 mins .. then after 15 mins, she stood up then went home. I tried to asked her about my case, she ignored me totally. So I realized, she asked me to wait for her to end her shift so that she could go home and leave me behind: “Not my responsibility anymore”. I will never ever fly with them again. This airline is the worst in the world.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"refused to make a complete refund"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. At first they delayed their flight for no reason, due to which my connecting flight got missed. Then they had to provide me accommodation for 19 hours transit, upon arrival at Istanbul Airport I got to know that E-Visa website was down. Hence they only have contract with hotels outside the Airport (because they are cheap). So, upon requesting several times they did not provide me with any accommodation/food/internet. I had to buy it on my own. Now, I have been trying for a month and they have refused to make a complete refund. I am never going to travel through this worst airline.
RouteLahore to Warsaw via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"been by far the worst experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! No refund given after the flight was cancelled. Had to present papers, credit card authorization, feedback, calls followed more calls but nothing. After ten months of nothing I decided to use the ticket with the result that they made a mistake in reissuing the ticket but wouldn’t take responsibility. The hotline is extremely incompetent and not professional at all. It’s been by far the worst experience with any airline. Never ever I will book a ticket with them.
RouteIstanbul to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they wont see me again"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | First time ever ive tried to travel with Turkish Airlines. Checked possible fly dates numerous times just to make sure dates are ok for me. Dates was always the same so i have booked a flight. They took my money and after 24 hours I've got a notification from the airline that my connection flight via Istanbul was rescheduled to 24h earlier time that was originally advertised. Of course that makes it completely impossible to physically execute because at that time not even my first flight from my home country is gonna depart. They gave me no reason why and didnt offer any help resolving this issue. Bad first impression with this airline and for sure they wont see me again.
AircraftA320 and A330
RouteLjubljana to Bangkok via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"service is one of the worst"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Bought a return ticket Kuala Lumpur-Paris via Istanbul in July 2020. Flight from KL-IST-Paris was fine. For the return trip Paris-IST-KL (20th Feb 2021), Turkish Airlines suddenly sent a cancellation notice in Nov 2020. We then decided to stay back due to Covid and contacted Turkish Airlines on 9th Jan 2021, with intention to postpone our flight. When we got a reply back from Turkish Airlines, they had by then re-scheduled the flight instead of having cancelled earlier. Anyhow, we still wrote in to postpone the flight. We provided the Booking Ref., which should already be sufficient for them to take action. Then we received another reply demanding that we provide, Booking Ref, Names, Original Flight No, Flight Date, Flight Time, E-Ticket No, which we furnished. That was on 11th Jan 2021. Till today, 23rd Jan 2021, we have still not received any reply nor instructions on how to proceed while the date of our flight is drawing closer. I agree with some of the comments here that Turkish Airlines service is one of the worst I have come across and they are "robbing" customers by not replying which will cause you to forfeit your flight. Then it becomes your fault. Even worse, we bought an Economy Flexi which allows us at least 1 change for free. We had to pay more for it. This is also not the first time TK has given us issues. They abandoned us while we were visiting Turkey at the height of the Covid 19 pandemic in March 2020. We called their office in Istanbul. Only to be told they cannot help us. We have been duped twice TK, there will never be a third, I assure you. You will be our last choice even if you are the cheapest. TK still has a lot to learn about customer service.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Paris via Istanbul