Turkish Airlines

"changed my flight 5 times"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | This is by far the worst company I have travelled with. They changed my flight 5 times and constantly giving me false information. They are part of the Star Alliance group, but doesnt want to give you ticket from other of their alliance members. Refunding your money will take a year and this basically means you are being a bank for them. They are constantly not picking their phones and putting you on hold. From April, now I'm not even sure will i fly in July! This is ridiculous.
RouteTokyo to Sofia via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2020

"only option is free change request"

Not Verified | It is appalling how bad Turkish Airlines handled their refunding options during the COVID period. Their website clearly states the following options for a refund: open ticket, free change request, refund in Miles, refund with a voucher, standard refund; however, whenever you contact them the only real option is free change request. As a frequent flyer to Turkey, I will use other airlines going forward. During this outbreak all other airlines I had reservations with gave a full refund within days; however, Turkish Airlines is refusing to have any common sense and make sure their customers are suffering.
RouteHouston to Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2020

"most customer unfriendly airline"

Trip Verified | They do not respond to emails, I wonder what they do? knowing they have already our money taken in advance no support or service is provided to us and our flights are getting cancelled.This is not acceptable. In the past they had the call centre in Romania and they was helpful and amazing, now due to cost cutting they moved to Ukraine where people do not understand customer service, very rude staff-huffing and puffing in my ear on the phone knowing they have cancelled my original flight (this was well before the CORONA VIRUS) I have to say Turkish Airlines is the most customer unfriendly airline I have ever flown with, cannot wait to get my money back. They put you as well to log a a customer relation ticket in order to get rid of you from the phone,, so you waste even more time doing that knowing they have cancelled originally the flight, and after their response is another standard template not even addressing the the original issue.
RouteLondon to Bodrum via Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2019

"never travel with Turkish Airlines again"

(Ecuador)

Trip Verified | Panama City to Tehran via Istanbul. Tragedy. I will never travel with Turkish Airlines again. I had both the visa and the residence card of the country I wanted, but at the entrance of the flight gate, my wife and my pregnant wife were prevented from flying, and we were displaced at the Turkish airport for three days, and no one was held accountable. The flight attendants were very ignorant and stubborn. Finally, after ten days and following up with the embassy of my country and enduring a lot of expenses, I was able to save myself and my family.
RoutePanama City to Tehran via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused to reroute my way back"

Not Verified | Cairo to Manchester via Istanbul. They cancelled my flight, not informed me and refused to reroute my way back home. When I submitted a complaint they said "since all the procedure applied was in accordance with the rules". I replied Can you please tell me which rules say that: 1. You do not have to inform your passengers by any means of communication about their flight cancellation? Clearly you haven't informed myself or my booking agent that the flight was cancelled. 2. You do not have to reroute your passengers onto another flights to help them get back to their homes? Again you failed to help me with that.
RouteCairo to Manchester via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"treated us in Istanbul like animals"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Douala via Istanbul. This is the worst company you can fly with. I strongly disadvise anyone who will want to travel with them. It is sometime cheaper, but believe me it is not worth it! They left us at the airport on my return for more than 9 hours without given us any reasonable reason. They treated us in Istanbul like animals. When I came back, I wrote to the customer service to ask for reparation, and they couldn't even give me something. It is a real shame.
RouteStuttgart to Douala via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never fly with them!"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I am very frustrated with this airline. Due to the Pandemic of Corona Virus, they were unable to make the flight from Sao Paulo to Istambul. However, now they say it could take 1 year - yes, 1 whole year - to refund my money, which would be very important right now with the economic crisis we have ahead. I agree that the money i already paid should be refund later, as we now the airlines are also suffering a lot, but the most impressive is they refuse to cancel the payments i have in the next 4 months. That means one thing: we, customers, became banks for them. We pay every month for tickets that no longer exists, and after 12 months, they will give our money back - no interests, of course! Easy like that, right? Every single peace of the Tourism economy took a huge blow, but it appears Turkish Airlines thinks they are really special. One thing is for sure, never fly with them!
RouteSao Paulo to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2020

"stuck to waste a thousand dollars\"

Not Verified | I am appalled by how Turkish airlines is handling my case considering the circumstances of this virus. My flight was March 18 and literally days before the U.S. started banning travel to countries to Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. I also had a bad cough, extreme sore through, and running nose. With all this being said, if I would have gone to Turkey, firstly I could have been taken under quarantine for weeks as soon as I arrived because of my sickness and second if I were to have left the U.S. and then there was a travel ban to Turkey (like there was to multiple upon multiple countries literally days before) I wouldn’t have been able to make the flight home for any of my elderly at risk family members. I am being offered a voucher good till next February but the fact of the matter is I’m out of work, I have been for months, I can barely feed myself and pay my bills. I will not be able to travel outside of the country regardless if I have a voucher or not. I’m disgusted with how Turkish Airlines has this image of being extremely caring for its customers and random people around the world, yet those who cannot afford to accept this voucher and who cannot travel outside of the country are just stuck to waste a thousand dollars that would quite literally SAVE ME. This is absurd and I have spoken to every single person I can in the call center, feedback centers, etc and I am lost for words the disrespectful my situation and I’m sure so many others.
RouteChicago to Istanbul

"disappointed me extremely"

Trip Verified | London to Antalya via Istanbul. Turkish Airlines has disappointed me extremely, as I landed in Istanbul. Everything went downhill from there from being treated horribly with no information given to me and I was sent back due to having a Norwegian Passport. I lost my transit as I was planning to go to Antalya to see my husband and wasn’t able to. Every single staff has turned a blind eye to me and no sympathy nor information was shown to me. Myself and another passenger was sent back to London after being stuck in the Istanbul airport for 5 hours and we was being treated like a criminal, we were the last people to get on the plane back to London and they wouldn’t give us our passports until we landed in London (once again for no reason). I was beyond furious and wrote feedback after feedback to Turkish Airlines and nobody has reached me yet to explain what happened or even had the decency to apologise. Never will I travel with them or even go to Istanbul. Horrible experience
RouteLondon to Antalya via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refused to refund me my money"

Trip Verified | Miami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul booked for June 2020. I asked to be refunded since I paid cash for my trip overseas and due to the Covid 19, where I am traveling to, they have closed the borders. The rep refused to refund me my money back and stated that I would still be able to travel. I am in shock right now and just want my refund. This is the first and last time I deal with this airline company. They need to train their staff to be sympathetic during this time.
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul