Turkish Airlines

"The worst experience ever!"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever! Turkish Airlines made a mistake with the outbound flight (which they even recognized). Despite several feedback, tens of calls they were unable to rectify the mistake. Incompetent, unprofessional and with poor English the call center is a disaster. Terrible.
RouteKhartoum to Malaga via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"still not given me back my money"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by them in April 2020, I asked for a refund in August 2020, it is now the end of February 2021 and they still have not given me back my money despite asking for the money at least 10 times. If you book with Turkish Airlines, just realise that if the flight is cancelled, they will not give your money back for perhaps a year.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London

"seriously unhelpful, irresponsible"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | They sold me open ticket, they cancelled the flight on their own, and then never allowed me to book a new ticket. I wasted many hours on their phone lines. They kept saying we don't have permission from travel agency and you should contact travel agency. even though I had contacted the travel agency many times and they had notified the airline to book me a new ticket and they could see it in their system. they still refused to help. My whole money and vacation got wasted. They are a seriously unhelpful, irresponsible and greedy airline.
RouteTehran to Stockholm via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines"

Not Verified | The award for the biggest deterioration in quality goes to Turkish Airlines. They blame covid for cutting every business class amenity - but every other tier 1 airline aren't having to cut service, this airline has crushed its standard - should be a 2 star airline now. If you cant deliver a quality product - don't reopen - but charging 4000 per person and then taking away all the quality elements is just bad.
RouteNew York to İstanbul

"Very unsatisfactory service"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines client services via phone are extremely slow and unhelpful. In order to effect a simple and straightforward change of reservation, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with a service center in Romania, with people who barely spoke English, and who were unable to process the reservation change because (1) they don’t understand English well enough; and (2) because apparently the computer system suffers frequent glitches. In the end it was impossible to change the reservation without filing a complaint (which they call “feedback”). And this feedback requires waiting to receive a feedback #, which one must use to communicate again with the Romanian client services. This was done, and I was told to expect an email in 2 hours — which never arrived. Back to the Romanian call center, another 2 hours wasted trying to explain, to no avail. I lost that ticket, ended up buying a completely new ticket for twice the price. And Turkish Airlines refused to acknowledge their mistake. Very unsatisfactory service.
RouteRome to Khartoum via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"will never recommend it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | My return flight from Tel Aviv to Madrid was cancelled 4 times. Each time I received a cancelation mail, I called the head office and was re-booked for another date and 30min after I got the confirmation by email, the flight was cancelled. Eventually I was told that the Israeli government is not allowing this airline to fly to and from the country and even though the company had this information they kept selling the exact flight on there official website! So do not believe what you see on line or you will get a big surprise and many frustrating hours on the phone with the airline. Will never fly with this company again and of course will never recommend it.
RouteMadrid to Tel Aviv via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired"

Trip Verified | The flight from ATL to IST was good; however the food was not as good as it used to be, the number of options and quality has declined tremendously. Boarding at IST to DXB was a concern for us, too many people on an enclosed waiting room and delayed flight. The Boeing 777-300 interior looks tired. The onboard service was very simple to poor. The seats were ample but tired. It still has three seats in the middle, configuration 2-3-2, which is not the most desirable, unless you are flying in a family of three. Disembarkation in Dubai was disorderly, instead of doing it by rows, the passengers in Economy just pushed their way through Business to get out first, no social distancing or order by put in place by crew.
AircraftBoeing 787-9/777-300
RouteAtlanta to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication"

Trip Verified | Turkish Airlines denied boarding for some apparent miscommunication between Turkish Airlines and the Turkish Government, according to the last communication from Turkish the government put out on December 30, 2020 effective immediately a requirement for COVID 19 test for transit passengers. According to Turkish this requirement was voided on same day 12/30/2020, however Turkish failed to communicate to the passengers the new requirement. I had called on 12/29/2020 to verify if we needed a test and Turkish Call Center indicated no test was required. However, I did get an email from Turkish on 12/30/2020 at 7pm, when we landed in Houston (on another airline at our own expense) that passengers in transit in Istanbul did not need a COVID-19 test. Turkish Airlines has not assumed the responsibility to communicate the changes or to repair the loses they caused us.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 787-9
RouteDubai to San Francisco via Istanbul

Turkish Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Everything started great with them. The booking process was surprisingly easy especially with COVID-19. I booked the ticket for my girlfriend to come and visit me here in the US and she said the flights to Seattle with them were great and she had no complaints. About a week before she was going to depart Seattle to go home she got sick and had a positive COVID test and I had to suspend the ticket. The process of suspending it was very easy because I just had to send them the PCR test showing a positive result. But now sense she has recovered we have been trying to get the ticket reissued and have been trying for 2 weeks now. They have been extremely slow and been lying constantly about returning phone calls and making false promises for the new rebooking. As of now I have sent the positive PCR results in 3 times to them and am starting to go around the same loop again. I will update this as more news come.
RouteOdessa to Seattle via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2020

"lose or destroy my luggage"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | I'm a frequent traveler with hundreds of flights. My worst experiences is with Turkish Airlines. They always manage to lose or destroy my luggage. This time, they overcharge on extra weight and totally destroyed my new bag. Ground and customer support are useless. My Company booked me on Turkish Airlines because i would never book them myself if there's alternative.
RouteIstanbul to Kuwait