Turkish Airlines

"not satisfied for this service"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Istanbul. I wanted to change the date of my flight from 22:05 16\6\2019 to 15:55 at 16/6/2019 - it's on the same day just a small change between hours and there were free seats in both planes. They wanted 126$ for the change fee, and it's a very huge number for a small change, I'm not satisfied for this service.
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"Worst time schedule ever"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Alexandria to London via Istanbul. Flight delayed one hour from Alexandria had to run to catch the connecting flight in Istanbul which was at the other side of the airport. In the return flight, it was delayed by more than an hour and a half in London and had also to run to catch the returning flight to Egypt. Worst time schedule ever!
RouteAlexandria to London via Istanbul

"pretty comfy seats"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | My flight from Istanbul to Bodrum was very pleasant. Aircraft was a B738 equipped with in flight entertainment, and with pretty comfy seats with a nice legroom(I'm 1.84). Unlike what most people claim experience taxi duration to runway 34R (which is the farthest runway from the terminal) was 15 minutes and we didn't hold before departure. Crew was ordinary, my luggage didn't get lost. As usual for short flights we were offered a sandwich/toast, a variety of drinks and some snacks. We arrived 3 minutes early too. Food could have been better but the flight is too short for any other kind of meal to be served.
RouteIstanbul to Bodrum
Date FlownJune 2019

"crew very efficient but no smiles"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Toulouse via Istanbul. Seats comfortable without being luxurious - Economy after all. Food good but airline should stay away from omelets as bland and runny! Cabin crew very efficient but no smiles - rather this than cheerful incompetents. Staff at Toulouse airport excellent. New Istanbul airport very impressive. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteJohannesburg to Toulouse via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2019

"never recommend Turkish Airlines"

Not Verified | New York to Istanbul . I flew for the first time with Turkish Airlines and they lost my baggage since Feb 18th, 2019. I have filed a claim and made numerous phone calls as well. And they still haven’t found my baggage nor gave me any compensation for it. It has been over 4 months. The flight seats were also very small and uncomfortable. I will never recommend Turkish Airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteNew York to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"be treated terribly"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Dubai. During our trip with horrible airline they managed to try their absolute hardest to downgrade our full fare business tickets to economy 3 times until they succeed. First from Istanbul to Bodrum “sorry were over sold you and your whole family are going in economy,” followed by Bodrum to Istanbul sorry 5 hour delay we might not have seats in business and last but not least Istanbul to Dubai “we can’t find your business class ticket are you sure you paid for a ticket?” Basically if you want to throw away your money or be treated terribly fly Turkish airline!
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2019

"very poor service all around"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to London. Very disappointed with Turkish Airlines service, staff and attitude generally. They cancelled my inbound flight and moved it to the next day for no explanation. I am an Elite Plus Member but this makes no difference the loyalty I have given them flying so many times on Turkish. I called them and was put through to a call centre in Turkey. The accent of the operator was so heavy I couldn’t understand them. After 20 minutes on the call I was told I had to visit Gatwick airport before the flight to change my ticket. This is untenable and ridiculous to expect someone to do this when they cancel a flight. I ended up getting a Turkish speaking friend to call them and they managed to exchange the ticket. But to a different London airport costing me more in taxis and taking longer to transfer for which I was not compensated and no apology. At Istanbul airport now on the flight I was moved to. The Turkish Airlines staff here are just rude and arrogant and do not care at all. The directions to the lounge are poor in the new airport. The staff do not look you in the eye. Do not care to help you. I think they know everyone is complaining so have became disconnected from their job. Just very poor service all around. This is why I choose other airlines now. PS if you ever have a bag damaged with Turkish Airlines forget any help in compensation- it happened to me twice. Compare this with BA. BA sort it immediately.
RouteIstanbul to London

"Poor baggage handling"

Not Verified | Kayseri to Istanbul. Poor baggage handling. Looks like being thrown irresponsibly. Extremely poor baggage damage complaints unit. 6 other passengers had the same problem at the baggage office. Clearly shows the magnitude of the problem. Agreed by ground staff. Submitted claim online but after a few messages, blatantly declined to compensate. Finally ignored my messages.
RouteKayseri to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"surely was a weird flight"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Ankara. A Boeing 777 for a short haul flight of about 45 mins - you do not see that everyday but I was pleased to be in my favorite aircraft anyway. However, dealing in full-board service with a large aircraft for a short haul was problematic for both cabin crew and passengers alike. Meal was a special Ramadan box, including a soup and additional drink, so I am not sure if everyone could get their boxes. Extremely nervous crew could not come back to collect the garbage and we were told to throw them on the floor while landing! I would prefer their usual short haul panini, rather than the Ramadan box anyway. Poor ground service combined with amazingly long taxi duration of new Istanbul airport. 45 mins delay in boarding time and 45 mins of taxi for a 45 mins of flight time? That surely was a weird flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteIstanbul to Ankara
Date FlownMay 2019

"do their job, but without any smile"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Istanbul. IFE selection and economy catering of Turkish is perfect, no complaints in that department. Seat pitch was not as problematic as I usually encounter in their A330-300s, this time it was okay. However, their ground service is sloppy almost everywhere. You do not always see 50 minutes delay in boarding at Schiphol. Cabin crew do their job, but without any smile - as usual in Turkish.
AircraftA330-300