Turkish Airlines

"baggage didn’t arrive for 3 days"

Trip Verified | Going from XNA to ADD on 7/6 baggage didn’t arrive at destination for 3 days. I am informed at the airport, this is standard operating procedure for Turkish Airlines arriving in ADD. Had to go to the airport at 1 a.m. for 3 days before my baggage was located as there was no “system” to inform me of the status of my bags. Now flying back on 7/19, flight from IST to ORD delayed by 160 minutes. As a result, will miss connecting flight at ORD. I will have to pay for my own accommodation at ORD or opt to stay in IST and go out the following day taking the same risk for a flight delay. (flight on 7/18 was also delayed by the same amount of time) At three customer service desks at three different locations of the IST airport, I asked to be routed through ATL and was told I must pay my own way from ATL to XNA as the only flight out that night was Delta it was not Star Alliance. And they will terminate my flight at ATL. I opted into that. The process of talking to agents (many, as no one seems to have the authority to make decision) took 1.5 hours which possibly caused episode 3 below. My baggage did not make it to ATL on 7/19 on TK31. And as of this morning (7/21) according to the customer service agent, the system doesn’t show where my bag maybe. Advised next steps: wait until tomorrow a.m. 48 hours after my flight, and submit a lost baggage claim; which will start a process to “reimburse for lost luggage” or “expedite the search”. BTW – since I opted to get my flight terminated and paid $500 for my last leg of the flight, TK will not deliver my bag to my final destination. I will have to pay a FedEx fee for that. Still waiting for my bags! Again: if you don’t need baggage or good customer service, fly Turkish Airlines.
RouteAddis Ababa to Chicago via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"we had to pay for water"

Trip Verified | I booked a return flight on Turkish Airline from New Delhi to Geneva and then Rome to New Delhi. The last leg of the journey was horrible, It was operated by Turkish codeshare partner Indigo. I fail to understand how can a full service carrier like Turkish make its customers travel on a low cost airline. We had to pay for water, no inflight entertainment and no hot meals only sandwiches that too only what was available with them.
RouteIstanbul to Delhi

"Disappointing bland breakfast"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Edinburgh. Pleasant flight. Disappointing bland breakfast, and very surprised at the poor quality. Entertainment hit and miss. Professional and courteous staff.
RouteIstanbul to Edinburgh

"Terrible service"

Not Verified | Dusseldorf to Istanbul via Seychelles. I've now flown 4 times with Turkish Airlines, all times were terrible. Unfriendly staff, some don't even speak English properly. I was flying alone with my baby and also being pregnant, no extra help was offered. When flying during the night, they start serving dinner at midnight, lights are on bright, people trying to sleep with blankets over their heads. I asked several times if they could dim the light. When pressing the flight attendant button, nobody comes. Terrible service! The meals are also horrible. Cheap, tasteless, unhealthy food. They are trying to be like Emirates but they obviously can't compete.
RouteDusseldorf to Istanbul via Seychelles

"Crew were friendly"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Adana to Istanbul, night flight. Crew were friendly. They supported me with a blanket and helped with my hand baggage. Beverages were different and it's cool. But sandwich wasn't good. The bread was very dry from 4 sides, and attached cheese wasn't good. One problem disturbed me, I bought connecting flight via Turna.com from Adana-Istanbul-Almaty, Turkish Airlines and Air Astana, but in Adana on baggage registration desk they couldn't connect my baggage till my last destination.
RouteAdana to İstanbul

"Seats are terrible"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Istanbul. Seats on this flight are terrible and uncomfortable. The food is becoming lower and lower - just a small tiny sandwich and every 5 minutes announcements so you cant sleep 15 minutes. Horrible and not recommended. I am a member at the highest level of Turkish Airlines and they never ever give me upgrades. Horrible airline.
RouteTel Aviv to Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Flight attendants rude"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | New York to Sofia via Istanbul. Luggage arrived damaged and they won’t pay for damage they did. Flight attendants rude like you didn’t pay you ticket. Transfer person on the airport is one for 10 people you waiting hours before they take you out to see you gate. After arrived the lost luggage agent not sure what paper to fill - they fill 3 different one. Next is you have to go to airport every day to see if they find you luggage because no one call you to let you now if they find or not? 5th day I finally receive luggage, and the luggage arrive damage. Well after they give you claim number in one complicated page is take you 2 day to figure this out how to send them pictures. And after 3 months waiting sending mails what no one answers and you try to forget you loses and you madness.
RouteNew York to Sofia via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"experience was great"

Not Verified | Havana to Munich via Istanbul and Caracas. My Turkish Airlines experience was great. The service is incredible, the crew is nice and funny and always ask you if everything is going well even they make you the bed. The seat is comfortable, it goes fully flat, also the privacy is good, the entertainment screen is big, and includes a lot of movies, music, games it also has cameras to see what is happening outside and have free wifi which is good, also the food is delicious, for me this is a top 5 airline, totally recommended.
RouteHavana to Munich via Istanbul / Caracas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"legroom was good for economy"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Dammam to Istanbul. The staff weren't smiling, but they were professional. I got into the plane and checked the Economy legroom, it was good for an economy class seat and for a medium haul flight, in-flight entertainment is amazing! The food was so delicious, the staff really helped.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDammam to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"No one to help"

Not Verified | Dubai to Oslo via Istanbul. Pathetic, I was told by ground staff to get boarding pass for my second leg journey from gate, due to some technical glitch in system. Gate says they cannot issue, talk with airline staff. Airline staff says talk with Istanbul ground staff. No one to help.
RouteDubai to Oslo via Istanbul