Turkish Airlines

"did not get any reply"

Trip Verified | This is regarding my flight booking from Mumbai to Berlin via Istanbul on 14th March. Due to the ongoing corona virus and the University being shut down (Information received from College on 12th of march), I could not travel on the same date. I tried calling the airline multiple times on 12th and 13th March but did not get any reply. I did not expect this kind of response from your airline.
RouteMumbai to Berlin via Istanbul

"They don't care"

Not Verified | New York to Cape Town via Istanbul, Amid all the corona virus issues, the airline would not be flexible to waive the fee when international travel from the US is being restricted. I received travel credit after paying $150 to cancel, if I didn't have the travel credit then I wouldn't be flying on them. Completely unprofessional. Make sure if you book with them that you don't have any emergencies or the country be quarantined because you'll be screwed. They don't care.
RouteNew York to Cape Town via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"rubbish and rude customer services"

Trip Verified | London to Istanbul on 13 February. One of most rubbish and rude customer services. Our flight had 12 hours delay and when I claim for compensation for first few days and weeks tried to play the game and when they did find I am serious they start offering. And after except their offer they start playing gave to give me the cheque. Several times I called them and they pretended not hearing my voice but clearly you can understand they are pretending. I am really sorry for people who spending their money for this rubbish airline.
RouteLondon to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Do not fly Turkish Airlines"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Malta to Bali via Istanbul. First time using Turkish Airlines for Long Haul and certainly will be the last. The worst and most unprofessional airline I have ever flown with. Extremely rude staff both flights, now had my connecting flight changed without notice or warning and any contact attempts ignored after being delayed 12 hours, not to mention part of our group had their connecting flights changed to before their first flights which makes the connecting flight impossible to reach. The person contacted support spent 30 minutes to be hung up on disgusting primitive behaviour. Do not fly Turkish Airlines.
AircraftBoeing 737 / 787
RouteMalta to Bali via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"check in staff were rude"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Avoid Istanbul airport, it is not practical. There is no internal transportation system and passengers end up walking miles and miles from point to point. Sign signal was poorly managed, airport staff were not friendly and most of the time they were busy on their mobile. Worst of all was Turkish airline business class check in staff. They were rude and doesn’t have a ‘service’ attitude. They had no smile on their faces. It seemed they simply want to finished checking passengers and get back to their mobile chat programs. Worst was the manager where she doesnt have a clue when one of her check in staff asked for more details (the check in staff also had no clue despite being at business check in counter - no training?). Sadly let down by the airport and business class check in staff. The on board crew were very friendly and welcoming. Food was excellent too. Seating was nothing great.
RouteIstanbul to Bangkok

"very good hot meal"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Stuttgart. One of the best crew I have had on a flight: professional, smiling, engaging. New A321, comfortable seats, wide section of movies, very good hot meal. Landed ahead of schedule.
RouteIstanbul to Stuttgart

"very good hot meal"

Trip Verified | Stuttgart to Istanbul. Short European flight but high level of service and comfort. Excellent cabin crew, very good hot meal. Plus, this specific plane had great legroom. Landed ahead of schedule.
RouteStuttgart to Istanbul

"disappointing and irresponsible"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | I have booked a flight to Istanbul on 14th March via my travel agent..But due to the latest development of the Covic'19 crisis, we decide to pull out on 6th March and sent an appeal via our agent to postpone our trip to a future date. We didnt even request for a refund, we just requested to postpone to a future date when it is safer to travel .On 5th March 2020 a Turkish airline plane that landed in Singapore was found to carry a covic19 victim.. So we have every reason and right to protect ourselves and by not travelling to Turkey during this time of crisis. However our request has been turned down. The response from the Turkish airline has been very disappointing and irresponsible, no postponement is allowed. They should put the lives of customers above their self interest.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Istanbul

"Never travel with them"

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Cluj-Napoca via Istanbul. Terrible. The flight never arrived to destination due to weather conditions, they told us that we can book any transport (flight, taxi, bus) and that the customer service will pay for it. Luckily for me my new flight was only 55euros, because even after 2 months of fight, they having gave me my money back. Never travel with them.
RouteKathmandu to Cluj-Napoca via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"very unpleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I had very unpleasant experience with Turkish Airlines. On 5th of February I purchased ticket from Chicago to Kazan via Istanbul for dates of Apr 1, 2020 - Apr 17 ,2020. I printed out confirmation and was happy about my purchase. It showed that transaction went successfully and I did not receive any email or notification that there is any problem with it. Next day, I id login to my account to select seats, which I did successfully. And that is it. Today, on the 2nd March, 2020 I decided to login to my account in order to change the seats and could not locate my ticket, although I have both Reference number and ticket number. After multiple attempts to find my ticket I had to call customer service on this phone number 800-874-8875. I spoke to representative and explain my issue. I gave my ticket number and she located it. But she said that it was cancelled and refunded. When I asked why it was cancelled and who did this, she replied that it was cancelled by the system. Unfortunately, she did not provide clear explanation why that happened. Also, there was no apology for inconvenience at all. She suggested filling out feedback form on the website and calling back with Feedback reference number. She said that in that case I will be transferred to Customer relations and they will be able to see detailed reason and will be able to explain the situation. I fill out feedback form and attached prove I have that I purchased the ticket. After that, I called again and gave that number to operator; also I want to mention that all the agents I spoke to where kind of rude and inconsiderate. Which is shocking and unacceptable, and I did not expect that such a company will have such poor customer service. I was transferred to customer relations. After couple minutes, she got back to me and said that my ticket was cancelled right away and refunded by system. And again, I did not hear clear explanation why that happened. Also, there were no apologies, no saying sorry. She just said that she cannot do anything and that is it. I asked her to see if there is any solution, she muted me and even did not listen to me talking. I asked her to take of the mute so I can feel that I am speaking to live person. She said that she did that so there will be no noises on the background. I said that it does not bother me. I tried to explain my issue again so she can advice solution and again right in the middle of me talking she put me on mute again. After that she started interrupting me and giving sign that she fed up with me and she wants to end this conversation. She put me on mute again and in that moment I asked her to transfer me to supervisor or manager. She did not reply back, I started saying: “Hello, Hello”. She took me from mute and said that she hears me and that she cannot help me. I asked her did you hear my question. She was not able to confirm that she did. I said that this is very disrespectful and that I will be complaining about my experience.
RouteChicago to Kazan via Istanbul