Turkish Airlines

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed due to technical issue and caused our subsequent flight to delay. We had 15 minutes to dash to our next connecting flight. There were no ground staffs to help neither were there at buggy system around to sweep us through the big empty airport in Istanbul. Worst, the Turkish airline air transfer desk agents weren’t helpful at all. Although we explained we book our tickets with their partner flight in one same booking; they do not want to hold accountable for our lost. Worst, the manager or we think who pretends to be the manager will not offer us help or give us a clear explanation as to why; when we were already checked in all the way to Melbourne from Tel Aviv (even with the lugage proof). His arrogant and ignorant behavior were not professional. Very poor customer service.
RouteTel Aviv to Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"baggage with 3 days delay"

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Bordeaux via Istanbul. Several problems: baggage with 3 days delay when returning from Nepal. No compensation. I had to pick up my luggage myself at the airport on a Sunday in the late afternoon. Flight from Kathmandu with more than 8 hours late (already 2 hours one way). The flight duration displayed on the outward and return journey is not the right one. It takes 2 hours more. I did not find the staff pleasant considering the late conditions. by buying the ticket, the return flight was to last 17h. In the end, it lasted 36 hours. The price of the ticket being more expensive than another company, the total duration and the rest make it better to avoid Turkish Airlines. Plusieurs problèmes : bagages avec 3 jours de retard au retour du Népal. Pas de dédommagements. J'ai du aller chercher mes bagages moi même à l'aéroport un dimanche en fin d'après midi. Vol au départ de Kathmandou avec plus de 8 h de retard (déjà 2 h à l'aller). La durée de vol affichée à l'aller et au retour n'est pas la bonne. Il faut compter 2 heures de plus. Je n'ai pas trouvé que le personnel était agréable compte tenu des conditions de retard. en achetant le billet, le vol retour devait durer 17h. Au final, il a duré 36 h. Le prix du billet étant plus cher qu'une autre compagnie, la durée totale et le reste font qu'il vaut mieux éviter turkish Airlines
RouteKathmandu to Bordeaux via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

"poorest ever customer service"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Hurghada via Istanbul. The poorest ever customer service, 23rd Feb. 2019, I flew with my son from Moscow to Hurghada Egypt via Istanbul, the flights were delayed, which was not their fault due to snow, we arrived to hurghada 3 hours late, and our luggage were left behind in Istanbul. we stayed just under 24 hours in Hurghada then my son went back to Moscow without his luggage and I travelled to Cairo. Communications with Turkish Airline customer service worse than poor, the luggage. arrived three and half days later with one luggage was damaged. From March the time I reported it, the case still going, they refused to compensate me for the damaged luggage because I reported it after eight days, no compensation for what I needed for necessary need for three and half days of the 6 days the length of my trip because I didn't obtain receipts for what I purchased, I had to carry my son's case back to London where he visited me the following week and took it back. I will never ever fly Turkish Airlines again if they pay me. I spent the most 3.5 miserable days of my life worrying as I had medications in the lost cases, by the way I am 70 years old, and they had no sympathy whatsoever. I challenge them to respond to this review. On my son's return to Moscow he also had another nightmare experience and had to pay for another airline to get back to Moscow and there was no compensation whatsoever (found out later they responded to him to visit their office in Moscow to get some kind of voucher to be offset against his next flight with their airline, why will he be forced to use their airline again?)) This review is mainly about how the customer service handled my issue,
RouteMoscow to Hurghada via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"service has been deplorable"

Trip Verified | On May 14 I traveled from Addis Ababa to London via Istanbul. When I landed in Gatwick I was told that my luggage I checked in at Addis did not make my flight connection in Istanbul and was subsequently not in London. I had a wilderness medical training course that day, and all of my gear was in my luggage. Because I had to travel from London to Wales that day, the desk agent at Gatwick told me that the earliest day my luggage could be delivered to my location would be 2 days. I strongly expressed that it was urgent I need my gear for my course, and finally after much convincing, the desk manager made a phone call to have my luggage delivered to my location the next day. He told me that I could go online to file a claim to receive compensation for the delay. Afterwards, when I did submit the claim, I was told that because I didn't have the original receipt documenting my "urgent need" my claim could not be processed. I was never given such a receipt, nor told that I needed to ask for or keep any particular paperwork in order to apply for the claim. Furthermore, the claim evaluation insisted that my baggage was delivered to me the same day, which it was not. I did not receive my luggage until 26 hours later, on the second day. The service has been deplorable. I do not recommend this airline if you value your luggage or your time.
RouteAddis Ababa to London via Istanbul

"Service was really bad"

Not Verified | Istanbul to Singapore. Perhaps one of the worst airline amongst the Middle East airlines. Despite being flown in and out of the brand new Istanbul Airport, both flights were delayed and made worst when there was no announcement by the airline nor by the airport. Service was really bad, with air crew shouting across aisle and at passengers. Unpleasant experience. Poor attempt at food. Best thing served was the still water. nly good thing of the airline is that it didn't bring me to destination. And this will be my last flight with them. Period.
RouteIstanbul to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"efficient crew on board"

Trip Verified | Kigali to Gatwick via Istanbul. Friendly and efficient crew on board. Took great care to ensure comfort and satisfaction on board. Excellent food and drink service. On time and simple transfer via the fab new IST airport and new TK biz lounge is really great.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A321
RouteKigali to Gatwick via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Horrible experience with Turkish"

Not Verified | Singapore to Catania via Istanbul. Because of my Turkish Airlines, TK55, scheduled to leave Singapore on May 5th 2019 right after midnight, was late, I could not take my connecting flight in Istanbul and I could only fly 11 hours later than scheduled to Catania, my final destination. In order to be reprotected on this other flight, I had to go through hell at the "Care Centre" service assistant. He repeatedly misunderstood my requests (Poor English? Poor attitude?). His supervisor couldn't care less and, for a couple of hours, all his colleagues refused to assist me. Also, throughout the new Istanbul airport, I could not find a single customer service assistant (youngsters who wear the "ask me" t-shirt around the airport) who could speak decent English. Horrible experience with Turkish Airlines and with the new Istanbul airport. Never again.
RouteSingapore to Catania via Istanbul

"a nightmare for all"

Not Verified | Miami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. Do not use Turkish Airlines if you can avoid them! The seats are extremely uncomfortable for the flight lengths they entail. The pilot never communicated or was reassuring with passengers on terrible turbulence. Flight attendants were unfriendly. They literally slammed the food on our trays and tossed rolls on them. Seats felt like hardwood. Terrible on backs. It was a nightmare for all 40 passengers on our group. No one slept on our 12-hour flight.
RouteMiami to Tel Aviv via Istanbul

"Avoid at all costs"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Doha to Milan via Istanbul. Flight TK781 delayed in Doha, lost connection. The connection flight was actually delayed, too, but did not wait for me (only 3 minutes late on the already delayed connection flight) although checked in. Arrived 4+ hours late in Milan with another flight, lost car reservation money, too. Avoid at all costs.
RouteDoha to Milan via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2019

" No Wheel Chair Support"

Trip Verified | I wish I can give them minus stars, They don't deserve even 1 Star. One of the worst airlines to fly with. Zero customer Service, No Courtesy, No support when flight cancels, No Wheel Chair Support, Baggage was Damaged. I can't even count problems with this Airline, I really don't know how they are flying at international level. It's my mistake I chose this airline to fly. Worst experience of my 20 years of flying history. I won't recommend anyone to fly with this airlines as I will never ever fly with them.
RouteChișinău to Istanbul