Turkish Airlines

"totally irresponsible"

Not Verified | It is a disappointment with Turkish Airlines that knowing there is a travel ban for Singaporeans into Tel Aviv due to COVID-19, they refused to waive the cancellation charges after approaching them on several encounters and insisted to apply their travel fare policies on us. This is my 1st time and my last time booking air tickets with this star alliance airline who don't place customers' safety as part of their customer satisfaction. SIA, land tour agency and Shangri-La at Istanbul graciously cancelled the bookings with full refund when there was no cancellation in their policies. Imagine what will happen if we were to travel there and be stranded at the airport and still have to incur further expenses to book our own accommodation and flight back. When the whole world is combating a pandemic outbreak, they are looking at profiting out of travellers like this. This is totally irresponsible and uncommon in customer satisfaction.
RouteIstanbul to Tel Aviv
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"The worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Male to Amsterdam via Istanbul. The worst customer service I have never experimented. I forgot something on the plane and I did realized 15 minutes after I left the plane, but the doors were already closed, I went to help desk of Turkish airlines and they told me, go to lost and found, there they told me that was just for the airport not plane lost and founds so again I went to another desk from the Turkish airline company, they told me to go through passport control to get my item because I needed to enter to turkey area to get my item (I couldn’t cause I was on a transfer, so I didn’t have visa) so they told me to not worry you can fill a form in Amsterdam, we will send the item to your home address. Once in Amsterdam they told me is not possible cause the plane never landed here, so they hive me a email address, when they ask a lot question about my item ( including password to verifying) they say It is there and I can pick up between now and 3 months in the airport of Istanbul, or give power of attorney signed by notary to some one (to who? I don’t know anyone there) so what now?? Nothing! I lost my item, and the best thing is that now they have for free because they even know the password! That it is what Turkish airlines does! Keep all you can forget in the airport. That in my country is called stealing- yes Turkish airlines are stealing items from their passengers. Nver will fly with them anymore.
RouteMale to Amsterdam via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"mess when it comes to luggage handling"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | I flew from Helsinki to Istanbul and onward to Kathmandu. I was told in Helsinki that they were not sure if I would be able to receive my luggage at the same time in the destination when I arrive. However, to make sure I asked Turkish Airlines in Istanbul Airport if my luggage was on board. And, the female official confirmed that the one luggage is on board. To my surprise, I didn't receive my luggage here in Kathmandu. It is now clear that she lied to me about my luggage. I was told by Turkish Airlines that they have no knowledge about my luggage. Some say that they can not track my luggage, some say it will come in next flight. I am in Kathmandu just for 10-14 days only. Already here the second day, and really cold here. While asking around, I am told that Turkish Airlines have many luggage mismanagement incidents specially when you have transit in Istanbul. It is really sad that I have to give a bad review because contrary to management staff, the cabin crew were friendly. The meal was good, flight was comfortable. But, they are real mess when it comes to luggage handling.
RouteHelsinki to Istanbul via Kathmandu
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"one of the worst airlines I ever flew"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Dusseldorf via Istanbul. Never again. Turkish Airlines be one of the worst airlines I ever flew. After dinner and breakfast they take forever to remove the plates. Crew were not very friendly. Not checking regularly on passengers for water or something else to drink. On my route back, plane was delayed without prior warning. I was sent from checkin counter to ticket sales and back to check in counter. waited more than 2 hours to be helped. eventually got rebooked for the next day. Wifi didn't work on my outbound flight and old movies on the entertainment system. Entertainments system was slow and difficult to touch as calibration was out. no apologies from the airline. First time and last time.
RouteJohannesburg to Dusseldorf via Istanbul

"Service unbelievably horrible!"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Dakar to Prague via Istanbul. They changed our flight and we had to wait 10 hours at the airport. Via email they promised Istanbul tour but at the airport we have been told that tour started 8:30 and next is too late to be back on time at the airport (we still have almost 9 hours to wait). Nobody helped us, they was sending us from hotel desk to information and from information to denied flight and nobody was able to tell as what to do. Service unbelievably horrible! I have tried to ask for compensation but all what they sent have been just s few formal and unsympathetic messages that they're just unable to offer any kind of compensation. This is was our very last flight with Turkish Airlines.
RouteDakar to Prague via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"airline staff were downright rude"

Not Verified | Tashkent to Belgrade via Istanbul. Our flight from Tashkent to Istanbul got delayed and we missed our connection flight. The next one was after 10 hours. I have had the most unpleasant experience. 1st they promised hotel. Made us walk for hours and then we finally came to immigration, they say you are not permitted since you don't have a visa. The airline staff were downright rude. There were rooms available in the airport hotel but we were not provided with rooms.
RouteTashkent to Belgrade via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"don't care about the customers"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Sharm el Sheikh via Istanbul. Overbooked flights, missed flight because plane left earlier than scheduled (b/c was oversold) and they cancelled the return ticket, so we ended up paying triple for buying two new tickets because the operator did not care to tell us and did not care. Customer service is a nightmare, barely understandable English, very rude and don't care about the customers at all. Spoiled holiday.
RoutePrague to Sharm el Sheikh via Istanbul

"positive overall impression"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Vienna with an Airbus A321-200. The cabin was spacious and clean, the crew polite and helpful. Took off after a while due to heavy traffic over IST airport and the breakfast service started, for a 2 hours flight served an amazing breakfast with many drinks options and scrambled eggs were very tasty. A small IFE screen in front of me, but with a great selection of films or TV series, although I was too tired to watch something. Fast luggage delivery at the airport and very positive overall impression.
AircraftA321-200
RouteIstanbul to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Very bad service"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Istanbul. Very bad service, would never recommend to anyone. There's no wheel chair available. My mom is disable and they made her walk 4 km. Worst service ever. No body speaks English nor polite. The lady who was dealing with wheelchair was very rude. This was my big mistake trying to travel through Istanbul to go Jeddah as it's big hurdle to change airport with all luggage and reach late to other airport because of traffic. They took 2 hours to just get my mom to baggage claim no 9.
RouteAtlanta to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"WiFi onboard was pretty fast"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Istanbul. Crew were attentive, except one female crew in TK 1952 from AMS. Which I thought cabin crew for BC has always been the chosen ones, but I was wrong. Onboard catering is delightful, thanks to Do&Co, except the scrambled egg for breakfast. It was not scramble egg that I know, watery almost like porridge / congie egg. I was having me time at the lavatory, the door being knocked loudly from outside What shock me the most is that, the lady who were in the queue was economy passenger. Cbin crew must have recognize their BC passangers. Told to the cabin manager, and luckily she responded professionally. WiFi onboard was pretty fast.
AircraftA330-200 / 300