Thai Smile Airways

"I wish to show my gratitude"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I flew from Penang to Bangkok on 26 sept 2018 for a golf trip. Upon arrival at Bangkok airport I realised that I have lost my wallet on the plane. My tour leader quickly helped me to contact Thai airways office for lost and found to locate my wallet. With the help of Thai airways Malaysia KLIA office, we managed and found my wallet and I collected my wallet at the Thai airways lost and found office. I wish to show my gratitude to Thai Airways staff for quick recovery of my wallet, their efficiency and honesty. Thank you Thai Airways.
RoutePenang to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"seriously fool their customers"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Yangon. I booked my flight via Thai Airways Website and received a Thai Airways ticket and flight number. As I took this flight already several times (back then operated by Thai airways itself) I did not check about the flight operator. I only found out that the flight will be operated by Thai Smile, when the check-in agent at Vienna airport told me, she cannot check through my luggage from Bangkok to the final destination Yangon. So, I took my luggage into the cabin on the long haul flight to avoid the immigration procedures at BKK airport for collection and checkin of my luggage again at Bangkok Airport. After my arrival in Bangkok I found out that Thai Smile Airways has got no Transfer counter. Worse than that, its mother company Thai Airways also rejected to issue me a boarding pass, even though, the ticket was bought from Thai Airways. This ment I had to clear immigration and customs in Bangkok, approach the Thai Smile (better Thai Cry) checkin counter, queue up for 30 minutes, get the boarding pass, do security check again, go through immigration again which took altogether one and a half hours. Luckily I had three hours connection time, so I finally made it to my flight to Yangon. No Star Alliance benefits, even though I had a Ticket bought from Thai Airways. Great Job, Thai, and Thai Cry Airways! Your going to lose plenty of customers to the competition. My flight back (Yangon to BKK) is with Myanmar National Airlines. Brand new aircraft and I check through my luggage the entire way via BKK to Vienna without any issues. Never again Thai Cry Airways- I'll also think twice before booking Thai Airways in the future, as they seriously fool their customers and refuse to support them at BKK airport.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBangkok to Yangon
Date FlownJune 2018

"attempted to change my flight"

Trip Verified | I have flown Thai Smile many times and have had a generally positive experience until today. I had a flight booked for the 6PM flight on Thai Smile from Bangkok to Ubon and attempted to change my flight to get back to Ubon on the earlier 2PM flight. I knew there might be a small rebooking fee. But I didn't realize how ridiculous Thai Smile's policy really was on changing your flight. Thai Smile wanted to charge me the full last minute ticket price. I am extremely disappointed in Thai Smile and will think twice before considering using them again.
RouteBangkok to Ubon
Date FlownMay 2018

"his return flight cancelled"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Udon Thani. My whole family flew from Bangkok to Udon Thani on separate flights. My eldest son had his return flight cancelled (with no notice to him) and put him on a later flight. As he had a connecting flight to Vietnam he was forced to cut short his holiday one day and the cost of a hotel one night so he could connect his flight. If not for his travel agent trying to assist he would have been very stressed. My other son (whose wedding we all flew over to see) also had his return flight with Thai Smiles cancelled with no notice given to him or his wife - who were on separate bookings. Because they were planning a honeymoon in Koh Samui they also had connecting flight in Bangkok. Thai Smiles were rude, unhelpful and very disrespectful to them. They went to Udon Thani airport many times to try and get a connecting flight or get Thai Smiles to get them on a later flight from Bangkok. They were not interested in helping in any way. My son then had the cost of a night in Bangkok and had to purchase another ticket to Koh Samui. Very disgusted with Thai Smiles - they tried very hard to ruin our family holiday. Wonder how many people were affected with the early morning flights cancelled without notification to anyone, and also no help in any way to get connecting flights. My son's wedding should not have had all this stress and holidays shortened and have to pay extra for flights they had already paid for.
RouteBangkok to Udon Thani
Date FlownApril 2018

"better food than on Thai"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | A branch of Thai Airways. Unfortunately no web check-in was available, and therefore a long line at Airport. They do not accept Star Alliance status and privileges, which is very weird. On the other hand, much more pleasant ground and flying attendants, better food than on Thai, a larger choice of drinks, and a brand new aircraft.
RoutePhnom Penh to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Small snack and drink included"

Trip Verified | Flew Thai Smile Airways. Saturday morning equates to many people wishing to leave Chiang Mai to Bangkok and beyond, including my own flight. Check-in a little chaotic but well managed with a number of staff on hand to deal with issues as they arose. No impact on departure which was 10 minutes ahead of schedule, as was arrival BKK. Small snack and drink included within price. Overall service rather let down by a lengthy bus journey from the plane to terminal and tardy delivery of bags, not an issue for me.
RouteChiang Mai to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight is such good value"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. The price of this flight was excellen , so my expectations weren’t too high. The aircraft was spotless, seats comfortable. I managed to have a spare seat in the middle, was happy I didn’t book their premium economy product the only difference being you get the middle seat free and an upgraded meal service, but on such a short flight it seems wasted. We were served a bottle of water and a dire chicken sandwich (which I felt unnecessary for a flight of such short duration). The all female crew I thought were quite aggressive in their manner, but when your flight is such good value this is a small grumble.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownMarch 2018

"broker is charging additional fee"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I want to warn travelers who are buying ticket via one of the search engines like Gotogate, Tripsta, Budgetair that by doing this according to the airline you incapacitate yourself so any further changes can be make only via your broker. I made change on their web site (which was not blocked), paid for it by my CC and nothing happen. They took the money and did not make change directing me to the broker I bought flight. Than I found out that the broker is charging additional fee ($100) for the change so you pay twice for the service accomplished by yourself on their web site. I have lost more than $300. Contact with customer service is pointless, they simply stop responding. Flight from Bangkok to Phuket was OK, on time and without issues.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"made it to the flight just in time"

Trip Verified | As a STAR status member I booked the flight with the Thai Website and under a TG flight number. On the confirmation I read that the flight will be operated by Thai Smile, a subsidiary Airline of Thai Airways. We booked the longhaul flight with Finnair and we had a 4 hr stopover at BKK Airport. We asked the Finnair check-in agent at Heathrow Airport to check-in the bags on to Luang Prabang, which she did. We arrived at BKK Airport where we were met by an Airline representative, who told us that our bags could not be checked through to Luang Prabang and this was a mistake by the agent in London. We were asked to clear immigration, claim our bags, checkin our bags with Thai Smile and clear immigration again, as Thai Smile doesn't have an interline agreement with Finnair. (They only have one with Thai Airways) Everyone who has passed through BKK Airport knows that this can take more than a 2 hours. Our bags of course didn't arrive on the Finnair flight luggage conveyer belt. We asked the ground staff to locate our bags, which of course took ages again. Presumably they had been sent to the LPQ flight after all! In the end we made it to the flight just in time. The meal on this flight consisted of a juice and some sort of wrap. The staff appeared to be very young. Not to mention that the flight was nearly empty (20 passengers or so) and you don't get any miles or lounge Access although it cost GBP 140. Never again.
RouteBangkok to Luang Prabang
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I do not like Thai Smile"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | I flew from Bangkok to Phnom Penh with Thai Smile. I am a citizen of Kazakhstan and I am required to pay 2000 Thai Bhat (around 60 USD) for Thai Visa on Arrival if I want to enter Thailand. However, I arrived with Air Astana flight from Astana to Bangkok Suvarnubhumi airport without baggage (I had only hand luggage with me). Then in the international zone I approached the Thai Smile desk and I told them that I want to transit to Phnom Penh. Since the Thai Smile does not allow online check-in for international flights, I kindly asked the transfer desk to issue me a boarding pass. They refused me. They told me that I had to get Thai Visa On Arrival before I can get my boarding pass in the airport's departure zones. Again, I kindly explained that I did not have any luggage and, thus, I would appreciate if they allowed me to get boarding passes. Again, they refused. Then I had to spend 2 more hours going through Thai Passport Control and Customs and I paid 60 USD for Thai Visa on Arrival which I did not need since I left right away to Cambodia! I do not like Thai Smile Airways!
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh