TAP Portugal

"The flight was very nice"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Barcelona. The flight was slightly late and the boarding was a bit crowded. But this seems to be down to the airport being old, small, overcrowded. The flight was very nice. Most of the crew really seemed to enjoy what they were doing instead of just going through another task. The food they served - on a 90 min flight - was really good: couscous with chicken and mint wrap. And some other goodies.
RouteLisbon to Barcelona

"They did not care"

Trip Verified | Leaving from JFK to Copenhagen was a long wait to check in and no express for online check-in. The flight was pleasant the food was simple and not appealing but at least they feed us something. Seats in economy were very tight and I had expected it from what I read before. Seats on the plane lack comfort. However, its a new and very modern aircraft the A330 Neo. On my connection to Copenhagen, I transfer to a the A321. They fed us a light meal. The seats are basic and hard; I am 5, 9.5 in height and my knees were hitting the seat in front of me. Now this is the most something I had never seen before. In the entire cabin, seats don't recline. Its like at a 90 degree angle, and that is what I endured for 3 hours to Copenhagen. Come back Amsterdam to New York via Lisbon, the plane was delayed 1.5 hours and I missed my connection. Without my input they placed me on flight the following day (24) hours later. I miss a family graduation party. They did not care. Imagine, they told me that no flights were available to NYC. Why could they not put me on a different airline and send me home? They did not. I was told to a hotel next to the airport. I had to walk and pull my luggage. It is hard to find TAP agents to seek help throughout the airport. Also, the airport lack space and other updated infrastructure. They gave me food vouchers. I had to eat the same meals three times. Its a limited menu to chose from and confined to the hotel. This is how TAP handle this. After escalating the issue with a formal complain after I came home, NO help there, I was offered mileage or a travel voucher on TAP. This is after I cited EU laws that entitles me for financial compensations. Thus, I will have to deal with them again, and its fearful when you face problem and your airline is not easy to reach. And here I mean have to walk so far to find a TAP person or office to sort matters. TAP crew were wonderful and pleasant. The plane was clean and the entertainment was enough. I must add that even boarding from Amsterdam to Lisbon, there were only two TAP agents at check in. I waited one hour to check in. I was very annoyed. And it was here that the flight was delayed to Lisbon which caused my miss - connection to JFK.
AircraftA321NEO / A330NEO
RouteAmsterdam to New York via Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2019

"luggage was not included"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Lisbon. Spent $3,000 CND on 3 tickets bought about 6 months in advance. Checkin day came and they told me luggage was not included, so $150.00 per suitcase, each way, added $600.00 to the cost. Then they cancelled my son's ticket, forced me to purchase another ticket for $1,500. Now i'm up to $5,100.00. TAP refused to speak to me, told me it was the travel agency that cancelled the ticket, travel agency confirmed they had no reason to do so, TAP did. Try calling them, emailing them, worse experience ever. Needless to day, first and last time flying with this company.
RouteToronto to Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2019

"TP 671 had been cancelled"

(Uruguay)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Lisbon connection to Sao Paulo, in business class. On the date of departure, September 9th 2019, we arrived at Schiphol Amsterdam at 17:15 to board our flight, 2.30 hours prior to the scheduled departure and were going through the security barrier when we were informed that TP 671 had been cancelled. We were so surprised that we could not believe what we were hearing, and were advised to contact TAP representatives at the airport. Our absolute nightmare commenced on trying to do so, since we quickly learned thanks to a luggage porter, that TAP was only represented by a third party company SWISSPORT at Schiphol. We eventually got directed to the SWISSPORT customer service, and upon reaching it discovered we had over 150 people standing in a queue waiting to be attended to by only 2 lady clerks, we were duly informed we must line up behind all the rest of the customers in the line. Once it was our turn, our first question was why did TAP not contact us the travelers about this cancellation, to which we got the reply was “I cannot tell you, we just provide the service at the airport for TAP. The flight was cancelled due lack of crew” Why did TAP not reach out to the travelers prior to the flight to inform of the cancellation? At the SWISSPORT desk we were indicated by this rude clerk that we had been reprogrammed to depart the next morning at 07:00 AM to Lisbon on TP 669 and would connect on to Sao Paulo on TP 089, a 9.30 hours flight entirely performed during daylight. When these tickets were purchased over 10 months ago, we chose TP 87 flight as it was a night crossing over the Atlantic, which would also allow us to continue our journey within South America, since our final destination after Sao Paulo was Montevideo, Uruguay. Therefore all our flight connections were missed and we had to purchase entirely new tickets to our final destination after TAP Portugal dumped us
RouteAmsterdam to Sao Paulo via Lisbon

"It's the worst airline"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Helsinki to Lisbon. As a Gold Member I am entitled to check in one luggage for free at TAP. Even so they charged me 70 EUR. Now almost 2 months have passed after I filed the complain online to get the refund, and nobody has ever contacted me. I called already 2 times. No help whatsoever. The last time they asked me to prove legally that I am the one who is getting the refund! I provided paper. Silence! Again I called, tried it for more than 2 hours to get through the hotline to the customer centre without result! Nothing. Never ever again will I fly TAP. It's the worst airline in the world! The worst service ever I have seen. What service? There is no service.
RouteHelsinki to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Plane was brand new"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Newark. Great flight from beginning to end. Check-in was swift as was security and lounge was nicely appointed with a bartender making good drinks. Boarding was by bus which isn’t great but was ok. Plane was brand new. The seat was lie flat and very private and the screen was enormous. Plenty of film choices. Food excellent - canapés, soup, fish, main course, dessert. Crew were so-so - they need to smile more and be more engaging as the hard product is good.
AircraftA330-900neo
RouteLisbon to Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"best legroom I had ever had"

Trip Verified | Before I took TAP, I had read reviews about how not great the airline was. So when I arrived in New York, I was worried about my flight to Lisbon. But once they started the check-in process at JFK, it was smooth sailing from there. The flight wasn't full and so the person sitting next to me was able to move to another seat, which gave me a whole row to myself. The legroom on the 330-900neo was great! The best legroom I had ever had on an international flight. The food was decent. Normal airline food and wine were good. We arrived in Lisbon early. My flight to Prague was a bit messier. As we were not at the jetbridge but we were on jet stairs. So that made boarding go by a little slower. We arrived later in Prague. The unloading of the bags took a long time but that was more on Prague ground crew then TAP.
AircraftA300-900neo
RouteNew York to Prague via Lisbon

"our extreme disappointment"

Trip Verified | London to Lisbon. As a first experience with TAP we wanted to advise everyone of our extreme disappointment. The two male cabin attendants on this flight in Business Class were VERY unwelcoming, very unprofessional and appeared angry & unhappy to be working. This made us feel very uncomfortable. We were not offered a welcome drink and a pre-packed refreshing towel was only offered after take-off. As we reached cruising altitude of the flight we were spoken to by the Flight Purser, who was a very nice man and completely the opposite of his crew, it seemed that the crew had complained of us taking photographs 'of them' which we were not doing. We were just photographing the cabin and food on board - both of which were also very disappointing - very poor in quality & quantity. The meal consisted of a few slices of cold meat, a poor salad and a Pastel de Nata. It felt like an economy meal rather than a premium cabin meal. The purser continued throughout the flight to make us as comfortable as possible and did agree with us on his crew and their attitudes displayed assuring us of his ability to grade them post flight. On our return flight the crew were much more professional but some aspects were also extremely disappointing. The TAP Lounge in Lisbon airport T1 was closed for refurbishment but no alternative was offered for Premium fare paying passengers. Boarding was chaotic and the Food and Beverage offering was again, a very poor Cold Meat salad and despite having IFE on our outbound flight we had nothing offered on the inbound. All in-flight magazines on both sectors (if available) were of a poor condition, torn and creased. This was the pitiful response from TAP Customer Services;- Thank you for contacting TAP Air Portugal. We are sorry for the situation you reported. Your comment will allow us to improve customer experience with our company. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever you consider it relevant. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.
RouteLondon to Lisbon

"they really don't care"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Valencia to Lisbon. Typical TAP flight: late for more than an hour due to the late arrival of the aircraft and lack of diligence on the airline's part for not making sure this situations won't happen. The annoying thing here is the fact they really don't care. Save your patience, fly with others. I had personal commitments which were seriously compromised.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteValencia to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"one of the worst airlines"

Not Verified | Porto to Toronto via Lisbon. TAP Portugal is one of the worst airlines I have flown on in a while! Great customer service but horrible fees. How is that I have to pay for everything? Seat selection, baggage. Also one of the ground agents in Porto airport was extremely rude and sarcastic with me. Absolutely ridiculous. One of the worst ground service I have experienced and I am a frequent flyer
RoutePorto to Toronto via Lisbon