TAP Portugal

"Never flying TAP again"

Not Verified | Terrible! Never flying TAP again. Customer service reps at the front desk are terrible and completely unfair. Representative at the front desk did not allow me to pass through with my carryon and made me check my bag. However, a-couple right after me has the same size carryon, slightly bigger actually and allowed them to pass without checking their carryon. They were Portuguese and was all smiles vs me, not Portuguese and did not speak any Portuguese. Extremely arrogant, rude and major attitude. I asked for manager and she said there is no manager. What kind of airline doesn’t have a manager? I will pay whatever additional amount to not fly TAP ever again.
RouteNewark to Porto

"Incredibly horrible"

Not Verified |  Where can I start. From the rep changing our seats and separating our group to wet floor on the plane to rude employees at Lisbon airport, nothing on this airline is good. Incredibly horrible. Absolutely worthless.
AircraftA330-900
RouteMiami to Madrid via Lisbon

"most disorganized airline"

Not Verified | I have never flown TAP before and never will again. It was literally the most disorganized airline and airport. Last minute everything. Bags that complied with size and weight at check in were removed at the gate holding up the line. People were not pulled aside to do this, everyone in line had to wait while baggage was tagged. The Portugal airport was worse. We had a connecting flight and still had to go through security with 300 other people in the snake lines. So many people were jumping the lines security had to be called. Connectors should be rerouted to their next gate. At the gate was another line to show passports again, then there was a gate change and once again; another line of waiting customers. Then an hour wait on the tarmac for clearance! Food was horrible and unidentified, I had no idea what I was served. I did get a free glass of wine and the duty free area was clean and comfortable. I have wanted to visit Portugal but this has changed my mind!
RouteMallorca to Toronto via Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"They chose the most ruthless way"

Trip Verified | We had a slight emergency which caused us to get to our boarding gate 20 minutes before the plane was scheduled to depart. We were told that the gate closed 30 mins before departure and they couldn't do anything for us. It was a very resolute and cold approach without considering our situation and trying to help in any way. The plane was still on the ground and it would take 5-10 minutes max to get us in. We were directed to go to the TAP counter and re-book our flight. As if not being able to get on our scheduled flight wasn't bad enough we were then told that if we wanted to get on the next flight (6 hrs later) it would cost us $4,842 . It was a shock since this one way ticket for three of us was more expensive than our previous round tickets for four of us ($3,530). I felt horrified, very upset, trapped and taken advantage of in a worst way. When we boarded our next flight I couldn't not notice that there were people still coming into the plane 5 minutes before the scheduled departure. So, the question remains as far as why some people can get on the plane at last minute and why we were not able to board the plane 20 minutes before the departure. I could understand if we were charged a small fee for transferring those tickets or the same price of the previous ticket but overcharging us in a situation when we should have been able to get on our original flight was something we definitely didn't expect. They chose the most ruthless way and charged us exorbitant amount of money for the seats which would otherwise be empty. I haven't experienced more coldhearted approach with any other airline in my last 40 years of traveling.
RouteLisbon to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2023

"will never fly with them again"

Not Verified | TAP Portugal charged me 165 euros to carry on my bag. This is after me complying with the baggage information provided on their website and showing my baggage to their flight attendants at check in. Their customer service stated that my ticket did not allow any baggage while this is not stated anywhere on my ticket confirmation. TAP Portugal has been totally fraudulent in their representation of baggage allowance and charges. I will never fly with them again.
RouteDublin to New York

"A smooth experience"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Flight left Malaga late because of the amount and size of carry on they bring , it took ages for people to sit and we could go on our way, TAP needs to control better the carry ons, the remote stand keeps being a thing we boarded in remote stand in Malaga but to my surprise fast the transport. A smooth experience with no more issues.
AircraftEmbraer E-195LR
RouteMálaga to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"need to pay to select a seat"

Trip Verified | Overall the flight was okay but unfortunately you need to pay to select a seat even during the check-in or else you will be assigned to a random seat, it's kinda like Ryanair. The legroom wasn't great and my height is average (186cm). Also the flight was 3 hours delayed.
AircraftA320neo
RouteFrankfurt to Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"One-star experience"

Trip Verified | A budget airline hiding behind the facade of a national airline. Never have I been weighed of my hand luggage at the gate with every other passenger. The 11-kg limit is frankly just unrealistic for a carry-on and a personal item combined. TAP, do you know BA does 23 kg for their hand luggage, and they aren’t even much more expensive than you are? And did I mention drinks and snacks are available for purchase only? The Lisbon airport is poorly managed as well: no lounges in the international zone, limited food choices, and not even functioning WiFi available. One-star experience.
RouteBerlin to Newark via Lisbon

"a very good flight"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Plane on time, boarding was made in gate for the first time in many flights no remote stands, plane full but flight crew managed well the boarding to leave on time, plane not so clean but nothing to bad. In all a very good flight.
AircraftEmbraer E-190
RouteMadrid to Lisbon

"bad ground support"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | The flight left Lisbon airport in a very far remote stand, we were kept in the bus for more then 5 minutes before authorized to board, but boarding on time and doors closed 10 minutes before flight, had to wait for 40 minutes to be airborne so we arrived late and also on remote stand with lots of time to wait for bus. Good flight, bad ground support.
AircraftEmbraer E-190