TAP Portugal

"staff were extremely nice"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to London Heathrow. A regular flight. The staff were extremely nice, the meal was satisfactory. As it often happens with TAP, the flight was slightly late. As there was an aircraft change, some people had their seats changed.
RouteLisbon to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"just trying to milk customers"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Abidjan to Lisbon. Flight was delayed by more than 3 hours, customer service was anything but kind and receptive to my complaint. Information about delay was given last minute. Personnel on board are alright but the organisation running TAP is clearly just trying to milk customers out of as much money as possible without providing the necessary ressources for a comfortable trip.
RouteAbidjan to Lisbon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"departing more on schedule"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Funchal. I feel they upgraded their service quite dramatically in recent months. Their catering and general attitude on board is much better than it used to be. Flights are now departing more on schedule too.
RouteLisbon to Funchal

"have really improved"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Marseille. Extremely quick and pleasant checkin and fast lane security check. Boarding, as usual with TAP was a total mess; They first called premium pax and them we were compelled to wait in an over-heated finger during more than 15 mn. Food and service on board have really improved. Staff make clear efforts. Departure on-time, and arrival 20 mn earlier.
AircraftE190
RouteLisbon to Marseille
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"stated I did not have a ticket"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Madrid. I flew business class to Lisbon and the problem occurred when I tried to board my connecting flight to Madrid - at the gate I produced my e ticket, the receipt for my ticket and my boarding pass issued in Toronto. The boarding agent stated I did not have a ticket! I missed my flight and had to go back to the TAP desk were the ticket agent said there was a computer glitch, that I did have a ticket and she would book me on a later flight, three hours later! There was no apology let alone any signs of contrition. In compensation I asked for access to the business class lounge since I had flown business class from Toronto - both the ticket agent and receptionist refused me access - they were both surly and one was down right rude. Attempts to complain to the airline have been fruitless - the response did not address the main point of my complaint i.e the ticket issue.
RouteLisbon to Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"They were robotic, no smile"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Lisbon. Lucky we were to get a retrofitted A330, not the NEO, but retrofitted are OK. Star Alliance GRU lounge was well catered despite the past-midnight hours. Boarding was a long lasting mess as usual with TAP, with confusing announcements, multiple lines, and so on. Flight left as planned at 02:20 AM. They served a dinner at 03:30 and a breakfast at 1 PM. Something should be changed. Other airlines (NH, SQ TG, EK) in these cases offer to switch. TAP staff firmly refused. They were robotic, no smile, but extremely efficient. Luggage arrived very fast.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSao Paulo to Lisbon

"worst flight experiences"

(Spain)

Madrid to São Paulo via Lisbon. One of the worst flight experiences of my life. First the flight from Madrid to Lisbon got delayed by 1:30h due to a previous delay in the aircraft covering the route, once we boarded and the taxi started the aircraft stopped and we were waiting for another 45-50 minutes without any further explanation from the crew. Once in Lisbon the bus that took us to the terminal didn't move for another extra hour so what looked like a big layover between for my flight to sao paulo ended up being in almost missing the flight. In the flight to Sao Paulo I was told by the crew that the seat I've paid for was broken (65€ for an emergency exit) and they offered to relocate me in a front row seat with "the same legroom". After the flight I checked the legrooms of both seats and of course it wasn't even similar. As a side effect, the passenger that was seating in my new seat got relocated as well to a normal seat despite she claimed that she had paid for the seat 50€ the cabin crew obviously lied to her and told that the plane changed and the seat she paid for was not available.
RouteMadrid to São Paulo via Lisbon
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"missed our connecting flight"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Faro to Lisbon. STD 11.15/ATD 14.13 from Faro with STA 12.00/ATA 14.54 at Lisbon. This meant we (along with many others) missed our connecting flight to Dubai. TAP ground staff were absolutely with Transfer staff saying "not our problem" and even refusing our request for complimentary lounge access. It was only due to the persistence of our 'MyWay' helper that we managed to get seats on the 20.35 Emirates flight. The Emirates flight manager in contrast could not have been more helpful, commenting that this was a regular occurrence, and giving 3 seats for the 2 of us to make us more comfortable. The return flight TP1901 was also 45 minutes late! Considering almost 100% of passengers on the Faro - Lisbon route are connecting with other flights one would think it should be given priority in time keeping whereas in fact it seems to be treated as an unnecessary nuisance. Additionally the seat pitch makes EasyJet comfortable and Ryanair luxurious
AircraftA320/319
RouteFaro to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2018

"A very good flight"

Trip Verified | I arrived at the business class check-in at Lisbon airport for my lunchtime flight. A pleasant lady checked me in and secured my luggage. I made my way to the TAP Lounge which was spacious but busy. I had some food and a nice Gin & Tonic. Boarding for the flight was fine. Same layout as my previous flight. Quite a small seat 1A, middle seat unused. The service was excellent. I had a nice fish lunch with some nice port. And the hostess kept refilling my champagne. A very good flight. I arrived into Bologna early waiting for my cousin to pick me up and off to a nice dinner in Emilia Romagna.
RouteLisbon to Bologna
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Overall a good flight"

Trip Verified | London to Lisbon. This was an early morning flight from Heathrow to Lisbon. Check-in was quick, I made my way to the Lounge, I ended up in the United Lounge as every other lounge was closed. A good breakfast and went straight to the gate. Boarding was a little chaotic advising business class passengers to board and then not letting them board. I sat down and waited until they boarded economy. The seat is very tight, economy seat with the middle seat unused. The staff were very good and I had a cold breakfast to Lisbon. Nice bloody Mary. Overall a good flight arrived on time and nice crew.
RouteLondon to Lisbon