TAP Portugal

"you will be offered a voucher"

Trip Verified | Absolutely Terrible. They are going against all European law and worst of all I can not imagine they are being allowed to. I hope they are made to pay all the passengers to whom they just sent travel vouchers to. They do not answer their phones, emails, or complaints. Avoid at all costs ever since COVID hit or you will be offered a voucher with a limited amount of time to use it on top of everything. During the pandemic with a mandatory quarantine, they offer a 1 year time period to use it.
RouteSao Paulo to Amsterdam via Porto
Date FlownMay 2020

"Worst Customer Service I've experienced so far"

Not Verified | Worst Customer Service I've experienced so far. Super frustrating. Website is bugging, no transactions possible since the website crushed about 6 times in a row. We've been trying this for days now. It's impossible to reach someone of the customer service via phone, since they kick you out of the line after +1hr of waiting! This happened several times. Wanted to book extra baggage and seat reservations, just not possible. I can leave my money elsewhere. You would think the airlines are desperate for money in this pandemic. But they're lacking service staff instead of providing more, especially now needed jobs. Can't even tell how frustrating this experience is. Spending several hours trying to figure out how to contact someone because the website doesn't work. I wouldn't even reach someone if I wanted to cancel the whole flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Recife via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2020

"heir customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | My husband and I booked a trip to Portugal last October to go this past May for our one year wedding anniversary. TAP cancelled our flights without notifying us due to COVID-19, which we totally understood - though, being notified would have been nice. They issued us a refund voucher good for 2 years which doesn’t work for us as we don’t know if we will be able to go in the next 2 years (keep in mind a year of that time it is likely we won’t be able to travel due to COVID). We have asked for a refund of our almost $2,000 dollars that they have had for almost a year now. They still haven't refunded our money. Despite them telling us we would have our money in 2 months, it’s now been over 3 months and they just keep pushing us on to someone else. W will not be traveling TAP as their customer service is horrible! Please save yourself the headache and don’t book with TAP!
RouteBoston to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2020

"never again fly on TAP"

Not Verified | My son bought a ticket to fly on TAP airlines to Germany on June 29, 2020. He bought the ticket around December 2019. The airline cancelled the flight due to the Covid 19 restrictions. He got a voucher. He rebooked for August 10. The flight was again cancelled and he got another voucher. He got a new ticket for September 7. But due to Germany imposed restrictions, it was clear he wasn’t going to be able to fly in that date, so he tried to cancel and did a refund request for another voucher. But the airline never responded. They did not respond to the request, they did not respond to his emails, and they never answered the phone when we called. He went online and send an email using a form TAP airlines has for customer service, and this is how they responded: “Please allow us to inform you that this department does not handle refunds.” The date went by and no word from the airline. These days of uncertainty, patience has to go both ways. If they cancel, we understand. But if we cancel, they look the other way? If they don’t refund him his money or give him another voucher, my family will never again fly on TAP. And we fly often.
RouteNew York to Germany via Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"happy that their prices dropped"

Trip Verified | Excellent flight with TAP. I don't know if the pandemic affected their prices, but I am glad for once to see the tickets back to reasonable prices. TAP was becoming far too expensive and I rarely see any Portuguese flying with the airline. It is mostly used by foreigners connecting through Lisbon to other places in Europe. First time I travelled on an Airbus 330 neo and it was what a great plane it is. The flight was surprisingly half full with most people flying through Lisbon to other destinations in Europe. I haven't used TAP for a while but I did this time and was pleasantly surprised. Very good price and also very good service on board. Ordered a special meal free of charge and crew was attentive and pleasant. Plenty of leg room in economy and comfortable plane. I shall be using them in the Miami route and I am happy that their prices dropped. It was becoming a very expensive airline.
AircraftA330 neo
RouteMiami to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"really cramped for a business class seat"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | You get what you pay for. TAP generally offer the cheapest fares from São Paulo, I tend to avoid cheap when flying as it generally ends up being nasty. This was no exception. Despite the aircraft being very new I was wholly underwhelmed by the seat, felt really cramped for a business class seat. Fillet mignon was horribly overcooked and the accompanying sides dull. The port was nice. I have a chunk of TAP miles I will try to use them with Star alliance partners, it’s not terrible just not in any way at all good. Pay a bit more and enjoy with an alternative.
AircraftA330-neo
RouteSao Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not even a glass of water served"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I am a Silver member and there's no lounge at Lisbon, not even a glass of water served onboard. The approach to Madeira airport was the worst I have ever experienced and I have flown this route more than thirty times. I don't think the pilot should have landed on those windy conditions. Everyone was relieved when it came to a stop. I don't even noticed the cabin crew the whole flight, at the end they were chatting with each other instead of saying goodbye and thank you.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteLisbon to Funchal
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not corona friendly experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | This was definitely not corona friendly experience. The plane was not fully booked (which is a plus) but the management of the seats was a disaster. There were many people who were sitting alone in whole row and also at least 4 rows in the back fully empty. While we (a couple) who booked tickets together, had one more person sitting in our row, meaning no social distancing at all. So we had to go back leaving our luggage. Highly disappointing management in the middle of a pandemic.
RouteLisbon to Copenhagen

"Useless customer service"

Trip Verified | Two weeks after booking my flight, TAP Portugal sent me an email saying they cancelled it and moved me on the same flight the day before instead. The problem is that it was a connecting flight and I couldn't take my other flights anymore. I tried to contact them by phone, Skype, email, Facebook and Twitter. Basically every option they offer but they never replied to anything. Useless customer service.
RouteMiami to Paris via Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2020

"so disappointed and disgusted"

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever! I needed to rebook my flight, their website didn’t work so I had to call them - literally I spend 10h on the phone, they hung up on me so many times I can’t count. I will never fly again with this company. I used to like them but I am so disappointed and disgusted by the way they treat customers.
RouteGeneva to Toronto via Lisbon