TAP Portugal

"Horrendous customer service"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to London. Horrendous customer service, airport packed - no staff at transfer desk. Stupid system of checking boarding passes with staff giving you certain directions and other staff members embarrassing you for doing so!
AircraftA321 neo
RouteLisbon to London

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Venice to New York via Lisbon. This was my first time flying with Tap Portugal and it will be my last. After being asked to check my bag that was intended to be a carry on because of the contents inside of it. I come home to find that an irreplaceable handmade bowl I purchased was broken. When I reached out for compensation I was given a generic response that basically said that Tap Portugal isn’t liable for damaged items and they would not be reimbursing me. Customers expect their checked baggage to be handled with the best of care since we are paying for the service and Tap Portugal failed to provide that. They know their customers are not aware of this article until something in their bag is already broken. Tap Portugal employees should be required to tell customers that this company will not take responsibility for items broken as a result of the carelessness and recklessness of its employees. I will no longer fly with Tap Portugal and I will be sure to warn other travelers to steer clear of Tap Portugal because of your company's horrible customer service.
RouteVenice to New York via Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will not fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Newark to Amsterdam via Lisbon. 90 minutes late leaving Newark. The flight was ok. Late arrival in Lisbon, very short transfer time. Got on 2nd plane, after everyone was on board, the flight was delayed because of baggage handling, but nothing was added to the plane because no doors opened or closed. We sat for 40 minutes then was told it would be a 30-minute delay to get in line to leave the airport. I've never heard of that before. Late take-offs get priority for leaving. Once airborne, we hit every turbulence pocket in the sky. When we landed, the baggage was delayed 20 additional minutes because of "equipment issues". Will not fly with them again and suggest you find other arrangements
RouteNewark to Amsterdam via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2019

"they checked our hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Munich to Lisbon. In both flights they checked our hand luggage although there was plenty of space in the aircraft. Also the crew was surprised about that. Leg space is very small and the snacks were ok. As I silver member of star alliance I can say that this company bring the average of the group down.
RouteMunich to Lisbon
Date FlownNovember 2019

"flight attendants super charming"

Trip Verified | Dublin to New York via Lisbon. I feel like TAP is getting a bit of a bum rap here. They certainly do have an issue with punctuality and I don't recommend tight connections. The flight out of Dublin was 45 mins late and the connection out of Lisbon had one of those annoying unannounced and creeping boarding delays which leave passengers shuffling in lines. But aside from that, the flights were nice. The flight out of Dublin was no more uncomfortable than other intra-European flights. The JFK flight had comfortable Recaro seats and remarkably excellent IFE. Food was pretty good on both sectors, flight attendants were super charming and worked hard. They even responded to the call button which is almost unheard of these days. They also have excellent fares on connecting flights so all in all, I thought a very good option.
RouteDublin to New York via Lisbon

"Horrible experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Nice to Ponta Delgada via Lisbon. Terrible company. Lost my suitcase and I was at a conference the next morning presenting my work. They advised me to buy what I needed and keep the receipts to be reimbursed. A month later, TAP wrote to let me know they would not reimburse me because their policy is different. On the way back, they delayed my flight and as a result I missed my connection flight. They didn’t organise a hotel for us nor did they pay for it. Still waiting to hear back from them. Horrible experience and customer service, stay away.
RouteNice to Ponta Delgada via Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"have you check carry on luggage"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Miami. This was my third experience with TAP. Same issue every time. They have argumentative, very rude and unhappy employees, and no customer service. Their tactic is to have you check carry on luggage claiming the flight is full and there is no overhead compartment space available. I was targeted at the check in counter for having a large bag that they said would not fit in the overhead bin. I have flown with this bag many times, which is TSA carry on compliant, in many airlines including small planes. It fits perfectly in the overhead bin! Other people had larger bags than me and carried them on board. I refused to check my bag in at the ticket counter. I was harassed about the bag at the boarding gate by the gate agent. Upon boarding the aircraft and stowing away my luggage in the overhead bin, the flight attendant came over to my seat and ask to see my boarding pass and had me identify my bag that was already stowed in the overhead compartment. I was forced to check my bag in because they said there was no space even though there was still space available next to my bag.
RouteLisbon to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2019

"we ended up with horrible seats"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. My husband and I spent extra money to purchase certain type of tickets: the one that gave us certain amount of miles and have 1 piece of luggage checked. We also paid extra money for certain seats. The aircraft was changed and we ended up with horrible seats in the end of the plane which did not allow me to sleep at all. I contacted the airline and requested a refund for the seats purchased since we never got them. No response. They refused to give us the miles as well without any explanations and it is impossible to talk to anyone about the situation. Our first flight to Lisbon was so good, that I even took the time to do their survey and gave them 10 out of 10. Now I feel like an idiot. I will avoid flying this airline in future at all costs.
RouteLisbon to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I will not fly them again"

Trip Verified | I recently flew on TAP Portugal from Miami to Lisbon and back. On the outgoing trip they cancelled my 4:00 PM flight without explanation and substituted a 3:30 AM flight the next day, which caused me to miss my group. On the outgoing flight I paid extra 95 euros online the night before my departure for extra baggage which I did not require when I departed. I applied for a refund and was told that the charge is "nonrefundable". I will not fly them again.
RouteLisbon to Miami

"my baggage got delayed"

Not Verified | First my baggage got delayed from Lisbon to Bissau. no one could keep me informed. Secondly, It took me more than 2 hours to check in at the airport in Bissau because their system was down. I unfortunately missed my connection from Lisbon to Paris. The lady at the county for receiving customers complaints was horrible, she has no consideration for customers. She treated me with no consideration. I observed other customers and they were treated the same way. It was a chaos with all the people who came to her at the time i was there. I had a very bad experience with them. I filed a claim fo reimbursement because the delay.
RouteLisbon to Bissau