TAP Portugal

"I was treated like cattle"

Trip Verified | Prague to Boston via Lisbon. After delays taking off for 2 hours I was continually delayed the entire day and the TAP Portugal couldn’t have cared less. I was treated like cattle and will try to avoid flying them ever again!! Do yourself a favor and don’t bother flying with This airline!
RoutePrague to Boston via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never been mistreated this way"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Brussels to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon . Our flight from Brussels to Lisbon got delayed yesterday so we missed our flight to Rio. We got a 3,3 euro voucher, not even enough to buy a drink. In Brussels they say that they would pick us up in Lisbon give us an hotel. When we arrive in Lisbon nothing, no information, no hotel, just a cold airport floor to "sleep" on. Not even a blanket. In the flight a kid vomited on me, the hostesses did nothing. Didn't clean my chair our help me with my dirty clothes that I still need to ware for another 18hours. When we ask if we can use the TAP premium lounge, they send us away. We travel a Lott, but never been mistreated this way.
RouteBrussels to Rio de Janeiro via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Total apathy to its customers"

Not Verified | London to Miami via Lisbon. My flight to Lisbon was cancelled due to bad weather in Portugal, which I understand. What I don't understand and don't accept is the indifference shown by TAP staff at Heathrow. After queuing for ages (having arrived at Heathrow at 3.30am), they eventually opened the ticket desk hours later. We were told our seats had been re-arranged onto a direct flight with American Airlines to Miami - which was good news. It was only when we tried to check in with AA that we found the ticket was for tomorrow, i.e. the next day! Despite the delay and massive inconvenience, we weren't even offered a food voucher. Why did they not contact us with the re-arranged flight (which was useless to us as we would have arrived too late for our cruise? Total apathy to its customers. Never again.
RouteLondon to Miami via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"TAP are hopelessly behind"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Recife to Lisbon. Horrible, absolutely horrible. Whole family were sick on trip over due to constant turbulence. No apologies or grace from unpleasant staff, and no reassurance on announcements either. Sometimes, it just can’t be helped, but what can be helped was their attitude to my autistic child. Customer service can’t seem to understand why the child would need a parent at either side. We were told that after paying £99 to secure this “privilege” (we had been booked with one parent across the aisle), that we could be refunded, which has since been denied. In a world where so many companies are waking up to the need for better services for autistic children, TAP are hopelessly behind. Thank goodness I spent the extra £99 to have the privilege to secure his head as he vomited into my hands on a nightmare flight. Never again!
RouteRecife to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"will never take TAP again"

Trip Verified | Munich to Lisbon, 1 hour layover and Lisbon to Madrid. The breakfast was muffin, yogurt and poor croissant. The plane landed 20 minutes late, the transport bus was 10 minutes late and then the bus took 10 minutes to reach the arrival gate. I missed my flight to Madrid. The staff sent us to a helpdesk where we stood for 2 hours to get another ticket, 7 hours after the original departure time. I will pay more but will never take TAP again.
RouteMunich to Madrid via Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2019

"won’t be flying with you again"

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Marseille. I’ve made 8 phone calls to TAP Portugal since this morning trying in vain to register oversized baggage. I’ve spoken to 8 different staff members and more than 1 hour on hold (mostly on hold actually) and I’m still none the wiser if I will be obliged to abandon my surfboard at Lisbon airport tomorrow. The suspense is palpable, thanks TAP, I won’t be flying with you again. Just to be clear I blame the system not the staff.
RouteLisbon to Marseille
Date FlownDecember 2019

"One of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | New York to Zurich via Lisbon. One of the worst airlines. Lack of quality and proper service is causing flight experience a horror. Theyare one of the worst in Europe. I have never queued 15min to access the lounge!
RouteNew York to Zurich via Lisbon

"Everything went smoothly"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Lisboa to Barcelona. The flight was very pleasant. Everything went smoothly the cabin crew provided us was an excellent service and they were polite as well.
AircraftE190
RouteLisboa to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"This airline is horrible"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Faro to Lisbon was cancelled on us last minute with no warning .. we had to take a taxi to Lisbon to catch our connecting flight to Toronto. The taxi ride cost 400 Euro, once in Lisbon TAP tried to refuse letting us board our connecting flight! They said it was full and we couldn't board ... after hours or arguing and stressful debate we managed to board our flight. Once on the flight I counted 12 empty seats in my section alone. I'm not sure why they lied about flight being full. Once in Toronto we were notified that TAP had lost our baggage. Fast forward to now, 4 months later, I have been in almost a constant daily battle with TAP as to the status of my claim for the refund I am owed for cancelled flight we never boarded, baggage fees we paid for that we never used on first flight and that TAP lost on the second!! This airline has been horrible to deal with and completely ignorant to me has belittled me every step of the way. The last email I received stated they considered the matter done! So TAP is officially admitting to stealing thousands of dollars from me and walking away with zero remorse.. This airline is horrible and our flight experience was the worst I ever encountered .. we were lied to by every single employee we had communications with .. each one lying to not have to own up to the issues their airline created! If you enjoy throwing away money and spending a day from hell in the airport to try and do TAP staffs jobs for them then book with this airline.. If you want service for your money book with any other airline than TAP!
RouteFaro to Toronto via Lisbon
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cabin crew were good"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Lisbon. Everything was amazing. The cabin crew were good and professional, and everything was on time as well. Looking forward to fly with them again.
RouteBarcelona to Lisbon