TAP Portugal

"has ignored my expense claim"

Not Verified | Flight got cancelled a day before departure. Alternative options led to over EUR 600 expenses. Airline had terrible service to address problem, Non acting accordance to EU regulation and has ignored my expense claim for over 14 weeks (law requires them to respond within 6 weeks). Furthermore, they make it impossible to reach them by telephone - wait time on call over an hour - when answered they refer you to different departments with the hope that I will give up trying to get hold of them.
RouteLisbon to Valencia
Date FlownJuly 2018

"flight was suddenly cancelled"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Newark to A Coruña via Lisbon. My flight was suddenly cancelled, no information was given to us (No email, sms, or app notification). I was booked next day, arriving home more than 24h later and stopping twice instead of once, going first to Boston - only one hour was given in Boston, where is necessary to go out of the terminal, getting in a bus, arriving to next terminal (from B to E) and passing security control. As the European Union Law says, after my official complaint I am waiting for compensation, but this airline is still not answering.
RouteNewark to A Coruña via Lisbon

"Staff was very nice"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Frankfurt. Flight was right on time, both on departure and arrival. Staff was very nice. The meal - a sandwich - was satisfactory. The only thing I don't understand is why I got a window seat automatically assigned when I have an aisle seat on my preferences in the system.
RouteLisbon to Frankfurt

"Worst customer service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Moscow. Worst customer service ever. Asked the passengers to board the flight and then suddenly told everyone to return back to the gate. This is all at 23:14 on a Friday evening for a 6 hour flight. No explanations offered besides a vague reference to a “technical problem”’ absolutely no communication to the passengers. We feel like a herd of sheep. No update as to how long it would take to fix the issue or replace the plane. Airlines staff just retreated.
RouteLisbon to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"appalled by their customer service"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly from Lisbon to Milan via Porto. The flight was supposed to be at 4, but at 3.50 I asked the agents at the gate what i should do because i wouldn’t make to the next flight. They gave me a ticket to Milan arriving at 00.30: that means taking a taxi (95 euros) as well as wasting a whole afternoon. I was just appalled by their customer service.
RouteLisbon to Milan via Porto
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seats were very comfortable"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I had a flight from Prague to Lisbon, and the flight was amazing, the cabin was very new and clean. The food was a very good and big sandwich with ham, cheese and lettuce, the seats were very comfortable, and the plane had many magazines that could entertain! I recommened TAP Portugal.
AircraftA321 Neo
RoutePrague to Lisbon
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"most dishonest airline"

Trip Verified | Rome to Lisbon. TAP has to be one of the worst and most dishonest airline Ive ever dealt with. I booked two separate flights FCO-LIS, and LIS-VIE. My flight from FCO-LIS was changed to an outsourced air charter outfit, and I was downgraded to economy. When I enquired about getting a refund of the fare diff between business and economy (which would have been half the fare or about $280), I was told to ask at the airport in LIS.At LIS, I was told to talk to my travel agent with whom I booked the ticket through (Amex Travel), which I did. After 6 months of constantly chasing it up, I was told the airline had denied my claim. WTF? How can any company even get away with something like this? You cant legally sell a J ticket, fail to honour it by downgrading your customer and then deny a refund of the fare differential. Needless to say, I wont be flying TAP ever again, and I would recommend everyone else avoids this dishonest airline like the plague.
RouteRome to Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2018

"Overall good service"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris via Lisbon in April 2018. Good service, friendly flight attendants. No delay on any of 4 flight segments. Full meal service on transatlantic flights, sandwich is served on short flights within Europe. Fast immigration clearance in Lisbon when entering and leaving from outside Schengen and convenient transfer to your final destination Decent IFE. Overall good service and I would fly this airline again when traveling from USA to anywhere in Europe. Another valuable information: they offer free stopover in Lisbon or Porto.
RouteNew York to Paris via Lisbon
Date FlownApril 2018

"TAP lags very far behind."

Trip Verified | Porto to Faro via Lisbon. I have had my share of delays/airline and airport experiences and understand delays. TAP Portugal so far has been underwhelming and disappointing; I will not book TAP Portugal again. There is no focus on the customer and most importantly customer communication. I booked my flight from Porto to Faro via Lisbon to avoid the late night Ryanair experience, the only other alternative (ryanair would have been a direct 1.5 hour flight later in the day with an arrival around 11:30 pm) I did not want my family to have to pick me up late at night - so opted for Tap and 5:30 pm arrival. The price difference between Ryan Air and Tap was 100% +-> Tap is 2x++ the Ryanair price. My flight was delayed by > 1 hour, I did not make my connecting flight. TAP Portugal knew of the delay when I checked in, did not communicate it and could have booked me on a flight to Lisbon 10 minutes later than my scheduled departure, which flight left on time and I would have made my connection. However it did not - nor did it communicate the delay until the last minute - we stood for 25 minutes in boarding bridge after the plane had been cleaned and fueled - why was that. In the end I had a 7 hour layover in Lisbon and arrived at an hour that my family cannot pick me up and incur a 50 euro or more cab fare. A little bit of foresight and this could have been avoided. When I asked the TAP Portugal crew if those with connections might be allowed to disembark ahead of the others (which I have found to be quite common in my travels) I was met with blank stares. I also do not understand how we disembark from the rear when the premium and business seats are at the front - go figure - you pay more and you get off the plane later?? When I asked for Tap for assistance in Lisbon with transportation at the transfer counter - same poor response - as in this is “my” problem. Lastly the only snack served on the flight was an ice cream covered with nuts. I have seen the commentary on those with a lactose intolerance and vegetarians - I have a serious nut allergy. That I or others might be allergic to nuts seemed to come as a complete surprise to the crew. In a competitive world where customer service is important, I am sorry to say that TAP Portugal lags very far behind. I have never been prompted to write an airline review. However the service was so mediocre that I thought I should chime in.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RoutePorto to Faro via Lisbon
Date FlownOctober 2018

"treatment and help was very bad"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Nice. I forgot a ebook (kindle) in the pocket of the front seat, which is of course my responsibility. One hour later after I realized it, I tried to call them so many times but they said the office was close on weekend, and to call back on Monday. On Monday i called but they made no effort to help me. Normally the cleaning staff is supposed to check every pocket and check forgotten items at the same time. Nevertheless, in some case, they don’t have much time which is understandable. So i asked them to contact the person that was seated to my seat after me, but they didn't want to help me and they hanged the phone. It shows really the behavior of a cheap airline, not customer focus, where staff are not keen to do the extra miles to help customers. Overall i don’t recommend this airline where the treatment and the help was very bad.
RouteLisbon to Nice