Swoop

"Plane is not comfortable"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Las Vegas. Not going to fly with swoop ever again. Delayed flights and lack of communication. Plane is not comfortable at all, seat barely reclines, no leg room. How hard is it to give out water for free?? 3$ for a water is a joke. Flight attendants seemed like it was their first day on the job
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"my worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Swoop has been my worst travel experience by far. They are consistently poor across the board. Flights delayed. I am currently sitting on the tarmac waiting for 15 minutes already at my final destination, we are an hour late and now the captain has informed us that it will be another 25 minutes before we are able to start de-boarding. Further, the planes do not even attempt the appearance of cleanliness. There was food all over the seats and floor when I first boarded. Charging panels did not work the entire 5 hour flight and of course on this flights your personal devises are you only entertainment. WIFI did not work even with their app. You have to pay for water, and forget about canceling even we’ll in advance. I paid $250 (for a deal advertised at $99 by the way) and when I had to cancel it for unforeseen circumstances there was a $100 cancellation fee, plus they will not return the money you paid for your seat selection($36) OR carry-on bags ($40). When asked why they said that it was due to the fact that they had “prepared the baggage staff to load my bag”. So in the end I was “refunded” $54 to a swoop account that I must use in 90 Day! I give Swoop 1 out of 10 only because the staff although fairly unhelpful were friendly enough and it won’t let me rate 0/10. This airline seems like a cheap good option. It is not! Do whatever makes you happy.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton

"I missed my flight"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Hamilton. Simply horrible. I went to check-in online about 50 minutes before my flight, and got the message back that "Your flight has been cancelled; please call customer service or visit a desk agent". Thinking that meant that my flight was cancelled, I sat at a cafe in the airport and called customer service because I figured the airline desk line would be long. After half an hour of waiting I decided to try my luck at the line and found out that my flight was not cancelled, but that's just what it says when you try and check in online past the time that online check-in is allowed. So I missed my flight, and according to customer service that's my fault. Now sitting at 1h30 on the phone with "customer service". Just fly with Flair, they were way better.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"Delayed 18 hours"

Trip Verified | Swoop and WestJet, it's not me it's you and we have to break-up. Terrible experience flying in and out of Edmonton with delayed flights. Delayed 18 hours on Monday, flew home at 3am on Tuesday and to them, this was completely acceptable. Spoke to a customer service agent today regarding compensation and like usual was told it was due to weather and therefore they are not obligated to do anything for me. Can they prove it was weather, nope of course not and they are not held accountable to do so. Over $100 in compensation that I asked for due to extra car rental and meals you have lost a customer for life. You were the only airline I have used for the last 12 years but the bitter taste of low cost and poor service will remain long past the extra money I will spend elsewhere.
Aircraft737-800
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg

"Unimpressed, completely"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. Flown with swoop for 4 flights. First 2 ok, however 3 out of my four flights have been delayed over an hour. First delay - Tampa to Hamilton - no flight crew! They were coming off of another flight -sure, fine, but tell us so we can at least go get something to eat! Especially since the menu is super limited on the plane. Last 2 flights not impressed! Had to pay for carry on following rules - however it appears they don't apply to all. First flight Hamilton to Halifax delayed by over 3 hours! Unimpressed. Not offered so much as a meal voucher - also travelling with my 9 month old by myself! Attempted to contact customer service to no avail. Flight returning Halifax to Hamilton, stuck in airport waiting, over 2 hours delayed and ended up having to get a hotel in Hamilton for the night as it was unsafe to drive after being up since 6am and landing at 3am. Once again, contacted customer service with zero response. Sure the cost of the ticket was fine, but it cost almost as much just to have a carry on each way plus $170 extra for a room so I wouldn't crash my car/kill myself and others plus meals due to flight delay. Unimpressed, completely.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"great experience with Swoop"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. Great flight, terrible weather, we were shocked plane was able to fly out. A short 40min delay then he took off, no issues at all. Great take off and landing, flight was very smooth. Service great, this is my 4th flight on swoop all have been great. Only issue was a weather delay flight from Abby to Hamilton, the plane didn’t arrive because of weather. We weren’t notified until we arrived at airport. The delay was 5hrs so we should have been notified the plane hadn’t left Hamilton so we didn’t drive all the way, only to return 5hrs later. Otherwise great experience with Swoop.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"I am beyond disappointed"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton, WO505 on 11th February. I am beyond disappointed in the service we received with Swoop. We have been delayed 4 times. 1 departing and an extreme amount getting home. This has been an extreme inconvenience. I will miss a family funeral and my husband is missing appointments that cannot be rebooked for a long time, not to mention we are flying with an 8 month old. This has caused more then enough anxiety the entire day awaiting the next delay.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"they charge an arm and a leg"

Not Verified | We saw how cheap the flights were and decided to give Swoop a try. The flights may be cheap, but they charge an arm and a leg for every other little thing. On the day of our flight home from Vegas we didn't receive a check in email which was weird, so we called the airline, where they inform you that they're going to charge you $15 to speak with someone. We were on hold for an hour and twenty minutes, and were then told that "someone" had cancelled our flights home. After a few more back and forth phone calls we managed to get on the flight home. We then tried to check our bag in online because it's cheaper to do so, but it wouldn't allow us to. So when we got to the airport we paid $50 for one bag. Our flight was also delayed from 5:55pm to 10:05pm. The flight attendants were rude and unprofessional. Westjet should be embarrassed by Swoop, as Westjet is probably the best we've ever flown with.
RouteAbbotsford to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"will not provide compensation"

Trip Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver. Swoop cancels my flight due to weather related reasons at Abbotsford airport in February 9. They are now trying fly us out on February 11. This will not provide compensation. So passengers are stuck with paying for additional accommodations and losing out on a day of work. This totally negates going with a “discount” airline. Going from Abbotsford to PV was good. Crew was polite and professional.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"well below my expectations"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta. I just had my first and last Swoop experience. We were booked to go to Puerto vallarta this morning and they postponed the flight three times then finally cancelled the flight at 5pm due to very high winds that we were ok with and completely understand this was beyond their control. The check in staff had indicated the flight would likely leave the next morning and that we would get an email update. We went back to the customer check in and they apparently cant make changes and they told us to call customer service that works business hours and was not available. Thier customer service only works business hours Monday to Friday and a part day Saturday. I finally got the update via email and we now have a red eye that leaves at midnight Monday, 12 hours later than expected. I tried their customer service thinking I might find a way to get through to someone with no success. I tried to make changes online and they are experiencing technical difficulties. I have no way to revise our trip. I have never seen such poor customer service with an airline and I have traveled a lot for business over the years. Westjet should be ashamed on how poorly swoop their discount airline is handling customer service. I have yet to step onto a Swoop plane and they are well below my expectations.
RouteAbbotsford to Puerto Vallarta