Swoop

"it was absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Hamilton. This is the first time I have flown Swoop and it was absolutely terrible. I would not recommend anyone fly this airline. We experienced significant delays (were to leave at 3:50. We boarded the airplane at 8 and didn't take off until 11:30). During this time we had little information as to the delay and it seemed like the crew were making up excuses rather than providing truthful information. First the weather was the reason for the delay, then the delay was apparently because there were many planes ahead of ours for deicing and then there was maintenance issues. At one point the pilot left the gate and drove around the runway then returned. We started getting concerned about our safety and well being. The stewardess told us if we wanted to get off the plane, we could do so in handcuffs. Three people did leave and I think they made the right decision. If you lose confidence in the flight crew shouldn't you be allowed to exit prior to take off? The returning flight from Hamilton to Winnipeg was no better. The crew didn't even know how to properly move the gate to the plane to debark. would not fly with Swoop again. I am not confident they are fully trained, capable or even care about my well being.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"would fly Swoop again"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Las Vegas. My family and I recently flew Swoop and wanted to record that we got what we expected and what we paid for; no surprises. Our only comments would be that, as Nexus holders, we were not given the option to use these to expedite security at either airport. We had to use our passports and wait in a very long line upon arrival in Las Vegas and a shorter line back in Abbotsford. Is there any reason or justification for this? We did ask but received no meaningful responses. Seating is a little restricted but we coped and would fly Swoop again, preferably using our Nexus cards.
RouteAbbotsford to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"have asked for a full refund"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Las Vegas. I booked my flight with Swoop for the first time. Although I knew they were fairly new and not as reputable as other airlines, I figure I will still give it a try. The morning of my flight, I received an email from Swoop saying that my flight has been delayed from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM that day due to weather conditions. Fair, no problem. I arrived at the Hamilton airport at about 6:00 PM to catch my 8:00 PM. At 8:00 PM, Swoop decides to make an announcement stating that the flight has now been cancelled. There were no alternatives or solutions offered at all. When I asked why the flight was cancelled, we were again told it was due to weather conditions. When I mentioned that is impossible because I see other flights departing from the exact same airport, their excuse then became "we are short on staff". After hours of trying to get answers from SWOOP, I finally decided to pay an additional $900.00 to leave from Pearson INTL, fly to San Francisco, grab a connecting fight to Orange County (which took 4 hours) and then drive another 4 hours from Orange County to Las Vegas, I was promised by a Swoop attendant at the airport that I would receive a full refund and even that has been stressful. I was refunded $450.00 and I was supposed to be refunded $750.00. I am livid beyond words. I have worked in customer service so I am automatically more understanding in situations like this by nature, but in this case, I am sick to my stomach with this airline. I have asked for a full refund which is what I deserve and getting that is even an issue.
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"flight time kept changing"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Worst airline ever seen. There was no proper information regarding the flight time and every half hour the flight time kept changing. Customers were treated very poorly. I would never recommend anyone to fly with Swoop.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton

"friendly, courteous staff"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to London. This was my 4th flight in the past two months with Swoop. The planes have always departed on time and, so far, have arrived a few minutes early. I've been very fortunate to not have any issues with this airline. Just the opposite - friendly, courteous staff, airlines leaving on time etc.. The airline is no-frills but I could care less. I download a few movies on the iPad and four hours later (and two movies) I'm at my destination. I can handle a few hours without food or drink. I can't say enough about the small airport to small airport convenience. Love it!!
RouteAbbotsford to London

"staff were friendly/courteous"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Abbottsford. First time flying Swoop, won't be my last hopefully (would only be due to destination location). There is numerous low cost Carriers offering low fare options throughout North America. Paying for all baggage is not unusual, research prior to booking to assure no extra unknown charges when arriving at the airport. I upgraded to more leg room for a fee, paid for both checked and carry-on and still saved just under $200. The desk Representative and Boarding Staff at the Hamilton airport were friendly/courteous, one of the flight attendants asked me if I would like help to place my carry-on overhead (trust me, this has not happened previously). The plane was spotless and the flight went well. I hope Swoop will keep flying and keep adding new locations.
RouteHamilton to Abbottsford
Date FlownOctober 2019

"originally 600$ now cost me 1200$"

Trip Verified | They emailed me at 8pm EST to tell me my Vegas to Hamilton trip was cancelled due to weather. An hour later I received an email that they had rebooked my Oct 31 trip to Nov 7. Immediately called their call centre which was closed. There was no ticket agent at the airport as this is an online airline. Given that I could not afford another week in Vegas, or the time off from work, my brother and I had to book a one way ticket to Detroit and then car rental back to Hamilton. When I returned home, I checked flight aware and found out the plane had landed in Hamilton Wednesday night, and did not leave. It was scheduled as follows HAM-ABB-HAM-VEG-LON-VEG-HAM. I also checked the swoop app and found that there were seats actually available on flights on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Swoop response, there must have been folks who cancelled (same as us, didn't want to wait days to get back). This afternoon flight from Vegas to Hamilton has over 80 seats free, so lots of folks must have paid $$$ to fly back with another airline. Swoop is a ULCC, but I never expected to be rebooked 1 week after they cancelled. This appears to be the norm for this airlines. Spend a few extra bucks, my 2 seat trip on Swoop originally 600$ now cost me 1200$. I could have booked for Spirit for that and gotten hotel rooms at that price.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"none of us had passports with us"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Fort Lauderdale. Six of us were denied boarding the plane after clearing customs and security, because none of us had our passports with us. All of us had nexus cards. These cards are of higher security value than passports, are universally accepted worldwide, require a personal interview and security check to obtain. Will never travel with them again after such a disappointing experience.
AircraftNot available
RouteHamilton to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Cancelled flight for weather"

Trip Verified | Cancelled flight for "Weather conditions", no phone call or text message. They did send an email a few hours prior to boarding time, but other carriers did not cancel flights. Was able to re book another flight to a nearby airport at my own significant cost last minute- no weather issues aside from rain and a moderate wind. Swoop was not available at airport and has not answered phone calls or email. Waited on hold for a cumulative 2 hours and no help. They auto booked on a flight 1 week later - what help is that? Do not recommend. I understand weather issues happen, but this was not necessary and the fact they are unable to be reached for assistance, compensation, refunds in a timely manner is not acceptable. Beware!
RouteLondon to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"just cancelled the flight"

Trip Verified | This is the most disgusting airline i have experienced. I had a flight from Edmonton to Hamilton on 30th October 2019. They just cancelled the flight due to so called weather conditions even though the weather was normal. Moreover they didn’t provide accomodations to any of their passengers even told us that we are on our own and booking the tickets for passengers with their own choice. I would suggest everyone to never ever choose this flight.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton