Swoop

"I will not fly them again"

Trip Verified | Mazatlan to Abbotsford. Do not fly this airline and expect anything resembling customer service. Due to weather we were rerouted to Edmonton. We were supposed to land in Abbotsford at 9:05 pm. Due to the change we arrived at 3:30 in the morning. Abbotsford is in the middle of nowhere as regards transportation. There was no Swoop representative on hand to assist with transportation problems. Lucky for me I found someone who was willing to share a taxi to Vancouver as the first bus wasn't until after 8 a.m. This cost me $90.00 on top of the ebus ticket that I had prepaid and was unable to use. I appreciate that they rerouted us due to landing difficulties. I did not appreciate the lack of information about the change; the use of a standard landing speech as opposed to an informative speech about what to do; the lack of preparedness in Edmonton and the lack of a representative at our final destination. I filed a complaint using their online method January 11th and a week and a half later have received no contact from their service department. If you fly this airline and there are any difficulties you're on your own. I will not fly them again.
RouteMazatlan to Abbotsford
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not flying with Swoop again"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Winnipeg. I made a mistake while booking a flight and paid for checked luggage for two of us. I immediately messaged Swoop to rectify my error but got no response. I messaged again but two hours later no response. The next day I messaged again but no response. The next day I emailed and messaged with no response and then I called and waited just over an hour to have my call answered. When I told the person about the situation they talked to someone and got back to me saying that it was not possible to refund me. It might have been possible if I had contacted them within 24 hours but now was too late. I tried to speak to a manager but was not given that option. When I said that no one had returned my numerous messages or email the response was that they had been very busy and could not get back to everyone in a timely manner. I asked if eventually I would get a response and was assured that eventually my message would be responded to. When I said that if I had been able to speak to someone right after I had made the mistake it would have been helpful because I could have taken care of rebooking my flights. I assumed that that given the mistake and given that I had messaged to cancel the baggage right after I booked the flight that it would be reasonable to refund the baggage payment. I was told there was nothing that could be done and I should have read the conditions. I am not flying with Swoop again.
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg

"nobody will show up"

Trip Verified | Mazatlan via Abbotsford. Worst Air line in my life. It was incredible to believe that when I was stranded in the airport in Mazatlan nobody will show up to asses us. Just unbelievable.
RouteMazatlan via Abbotsford

"everything went great"

Not Verified | London to Abbotsford via Windsor. Had a wonderful flight with Swoop airlines. Staff was friendly and there were no delays. Would definitely fly again. Only issue is their website doesn't work well. Other than that everything went great.
RouteLondon to Abbotsford via Windsor
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my experience was amazing"

Not Verified | London to Orlando. I was nervous to fly with swoop due to negative reviews but my experience was amazing! The weather was bad in London, lots of rain, however we flew out on schedule. Flight back from Orlando was great, we arrived on time. Check in was easy- get the app it’s great! After my flight I ran into a manager with swoop who personally asked how my flight was. I definitely recommend swoop to anyone. Thanks!
RouteLondon to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not worth the experience"

Not Verified | Toronto to Seattle. There were no drinks, no entertainment, the wait lines were long, the flight attendants were cranky. I'm just glad the flight wasn't cancelled like other people have been telling me. Swoop, no matter how cheap, is not worth the experience.
RouteToronto to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Would give them 0 stars"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. Crammed in like sardines. Don't even offer a glass of water and charge for everything. The flight fare might be cheapish. Then cancel flights less than 18 hours out. Contact centre can't be reached despite FAQ showing that is how you fix it. Say they book on earliest? Sunday 4 days later? Despite Fri flight being available. No recourse for any added accommodation costs. Would give them 0 stars.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"never book vacation with Swoop again"

Not Verified | We booked a week holiday for San Jose del Cabo and after staying up all night to head to the airport at 3:30 am, upon arriving we found they had cancelled our flight because "there was no pilot". Our options were to find another flight with someone else and Swoop would reimburse that in about 2 months, alternatively the Check-in Agent said they were going to reschedule our vacation for Feb 1st, two weeks later. We thought we would just go in February instead but when we called them a couple days later they said they did not reschedule and were going to issue a refund which we would receive in 2 weeks. Now we don't have our money to book a different vacation (which will definitely be with Sunwing or any other airline). Also they now charge for checked baggage so you may as well book a vacation with Sunwing as it lands up being about the same price in the end. I will never book a vacation with Swoop again. Maybe only domestic flights but that's about it.
RouteEdmonton to San Jose del Cabo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

" mistake while paying for luggage"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Winnipeg. I made a mistake while paying for luggage. I immediately called Swoop to rectify my error. They refused and I had to pay 60 USD again. They wouldn’t let me speak to a manager or a supervisor. I ended up paying 120 USD (160cdn). For 1 suitcase. I’m furious about the lack of understanding.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Winnipeg
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Terrible experience"

Not Verified |  Terrible experience. I showed up in Winnipeg for a flight to Hamilton. The flight was to depart at 3:30 pm. I arrived at 2 pm and ready to go. No delays. At 2:10 pm the delays started. No reason was given for the delays except for weather or de-icing. All the other airlines were running on time. At 10 pm I boarded the plane. The plane was speeding up to take off and the pilot slowed down and turned around to go back to the gate. Apparently a warning light came on and there needed to be service. Maintenance arrived at about 11 pm. The problem couldn't be fixed and we were asked to deplane at 12:10 am. At 2:45 am we were told a new plane will be used. We were also told that if we wanted to cancel our flight, we could and we would be refunded if we sent an email to them. I did that and so far no contact has been made. I've also tried calling Swoop directly. I've been on hold for over an hour.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton