Swoop

"Cancelled flight for weather"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbottsford. Cancelled flight for "weather". Only airline to do so. Likely because the flight was under capacity. Will only rebook 7 days out max. App still let us check in this morning. Our hotel $ and hockey tickets for Vancouver. Counter agent in Hamilton laughed in my husband's face when he tried to check in. Nice!
RouteHamilton to Abbottsford

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton with Swoop. They cancelled our flight because they didn’t book a crew. They couldn’t get us onto the next fight so we had to wait 2 days and the people on the phone knew less information than the people at the desk. People on the phone don’t know anything and people at the desk can’t do anything. Horrible experience. I’ll spend a little more next time. And I would understand if it was weather but the lady at the desk let it slip that they don’t have a crew. Of course buddy on the phone said it was weather.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"Extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Hamilton. Extremely disappointed with the service I received leaving Las Vegas on my way home to Toronto. The gentleman who was scanning tickets and passports as we were entering to get on the plane treated us so horribly that I will never use this airline again. My boyfriend had his things scanned, then was patiently waiting out of the way for me to get mine scanned. The man told my boyfriend that he cannot stand there in the rudest and nastiest tone possible. My boyfriend was not even on the way of anyone and was standing off to the side. There were literally 3 people behind us in line. This man basically forced him to board the plane without me. When my boyfriend kindly explained that he was simply just waiting for me for 2 second, the old man cut him off rudely and told him he had to leave regardless. I am disgusted and it honestly ruined my entire trip. I have anxiety on planes and am traumatized getting on them by myself. Having my boyfriend board without me was honestly a terrifying experience for me and was completely unnecessary.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Swoop is the one for us"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. My wife and I have flown with Swoop 6 times and we have never had any of the negative experiences people are talking about. The flights left on time, they arrived on time, checking was fast and efficient,the planes were clean, their staff were friendly. My only comment is that if you are looking for an airline with frills at discount prices, this is not the one for you. If you are looking to get from Point A to B at a reasonable price, so far Swoop is the one for us.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"would not refund or credit"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Four of us decided to fly with Swoop for the first time. We had a health issue which we explained to swoop and they would not refund or credit (give us a 50 credit each only) our flights back and 5 days later we had four return flights and again would not return anything.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Worst customer service"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Cancun. Worst customer service and corporate follow up imagineable The plane never got off the ground. After boarding, we were held onboard over 3 hours after we were otherwise ready to push back. This isn't clear violation to Swoop's tariff for international flights, which calls for taking passengers off the plane after 2 hours, and offering food and drink after 90 minutes. We were held on board over three hours and refused food and drink. This was after having the flight delayed for more than two hours earlier in the day because the crew needed rest. Ultimately, we are all pulled off the plane and had to wait another hour or so until somebody in Calgary decided whether or not to cancel the flight. Weather conditions ultimately led to the flight, and three other Swoop flights trying to leave Hamilton at the same time. Of course, none of us can control the weather, but an airline can control the customer service it offers its passengers. This is where Swoop failed so miserably. Swoop ground staff had no idea how to handle the situation in front of them effectively. They gave conflicting information. They behaved rudely. they clearly couldn't care less about the individuals involved and the impact it was having on them. Yes, people were upset, but their vacation plans had just been ruined. For the folks working at the airport, this is just their job. Provide customer service and do it well. Well, they didn't do that. on the plane, the flight crew advised us to contact swoops customer service department in Calgary. Of course, anybody who tried to do so immediately learned that Swift customer service in Calgary was closed. Since the cancellation, it has just been a continued serious of frustrations trying to contact and get any kind of satisfaction out of swoop. It might look like you're saving money when you see the Swoop price, but to my mind, it isn't worth the hassle. Don't let them ruin your vacation. I ended up flying on a different airline out of a different airport the morning following the Swoop disaster. Cost me a fortune since I live thousands of miles from Hamilton and had no way to get around easily. But it was worth knowing that I wouldn't have to put up with Swoop again.
RouteHamilton to Cancun

"a very good experience"

Not Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. We have flown Swoop on two different occasions an both times have had a very good experience. Flights were on time maybe off 20 min one time but not a big deal . Customer service at check in was very good an quick as was boarding and on plane. The seats are leather instead of fabric which is much better /cleaner . No hidden fees all right there when you book online you choose if you wanna pay extras but don’t need to. Food an beverages for sale reasonable prices iand you can bring your own if you don’t want to purchase. We ended up sitting together without using the seat selection for the extra cost an could switch seats after take off if we chose as it wasn’t completely full . They also changed people around as it wasn’t full flight to balance out plane an gave everyone more room . All in all I rate swoop 9/10 very good experience.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"missed flight by 30 minutes"

Trip Verified | My birthday weekend trip to Vegas with friends and we missed our flight by 30 minutes they were unaccommodating and would not budge to help us. Refusing to rebook us or refund us anything. We asked to speak with a manager or somebody at a higher level and that is not an option! Very disappointed as this was my birthday present and we were meeting friends in Vegas!
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"declined my credit card"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Hamilton. The airline’s website has declined my credit card (that I was checked with my bank was on and running and has been used the same day to make payments) to pay for my baggage not while checking in online as well as at the airport desk. I was told nothing has been done and I need to lose my bag as no other payment can be accepted. I had to ask a stranger at the airport to pay for me with his credit card as leaving my backpack in the foreign country was not an option. The flight has been over 2 hours delayed.
RouteCancun to Hamilton

"Overall super pleased"

Not Verified | We got an an amazing deal flying out of Las Vegas to Hamilton, Ontario. Dec 23- dec31st 2018. One of those too good to be true deals, so I was really worried it was going to be a terrible flight. Turns out I was wrong! Flight there and back were probably two of the smoothest and most pleasant flying experiences ever! And we have a 3 year old and I was 32 weeks pregnant. I suppose there is a bit of luck to any flying experience. But both flights were on time and we boarded really fast. On the way to Canada it was a very empty flight, so they let everyone rearrange themselves once initial boarding was done and most people got a row to themselves. This was great since it was a red eye. They loved my little girl and gave her all kinds of free food. On the way back we got into our seats and one seat had a ‘do not occupy’ sign on it. So once boarding was over they moved us and they ended up bumping us up to premium economy! We just brought a backpack each and checked one bag. If you pay for your check bag in advance it is cheaper. I believe if you check it at the airport it’s $70 and only $50 if you do it in advance online. Overall super pleased, would fly with them again.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton