Swoop

"well below my expectations"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta. I just had my first and last Swoop experience. We were booked to go to Puerto vallarta this morning and they postponed the flight three times then finally cancelled the flight at 5pm due to very high winds that we were ok with and completely understand this was beyond their control. The check in staff had indicated the flight would likely leave the next morning and that we would get an email update. We went back to the customer check in and they apparently cant make changes and they told us to call customer service that works business hours and was not available. Thier customer service only works business hours Monday to Friday and a part day Saturday. I finally got the update via email and we now have a red eye that leaves at midnight Monday, 12 hours later than expected. I tried their customer service thinking I might find a way to get through to someone with no success. I tried to make changes online and they are experiencing technical difficulties. I have no way to revise our trip. I have never seen such poor customer service with an airline and I have traveled a lot for business over the years. Westjet should be ashamed on how poorly swoop their discount airline is handling customer service. I have yet to step onto a Swoop plane and they are well below my expectations.
RouteAbbotsford to Puerto Vallarta

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Zero customer service! Flight Hamilton-Abbotsford cancelled this morning "because of weather issues". Sounds weird because flight from Toronto Pearson to Vancouver was flying, I'm pretty sure that they were under capacity, it was much profitable for them to cancel this flight and put us into another one. I came from 8 hours bus from Montreal and did not have a car I was almost stuck in the airport for the complete day. When I tried to get more info, the customer service agent laughed in my face and told me there is nothing they can do except to book me an other flight for tonight! I had a job interview today at 4pm at Vancouver and this screwed everything! A couple of passenger were nice enough to propose to drive me in town and even helped me to find an hotel because I don't know the area. They even came back later to give me a ride back to the airport (1h drive) but received another notice from Swoop that the evening flight will take off 2 hours later. This is my first mistake with you and I learnt my lesson. Next time I will flight with a real carrier and will read customers reviews before booking anything.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Cancelled flight for weather"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbottsford. Cancelled flight for "weather". Only airline to do so. Likely because the flight was under capacity. Will only rebook 7 days out max. App still let us check in this morning. Our hotel $ and hockey tickets for Vancouver. Counter agent in Hamilton laughed in my husband's face when he tried to check in. Nice!
RouteHamilton to Abbottsford

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton with Swoop. They cancelled our flight because they didn’t book a crew. They couldn’t get us onto the next fight so we had to wait 2 days and the people on the phone knew less information than the people at the desk. People on the phone don’t know anything and people at the desk can’t do anything. Horrible experience. I’ll spend a little more next time. And I would understand if it was weather but the lady at the desk let it slip that they don’t have a crew. Of course buddy on the phone said it was weather.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"Extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Hamilton. Extremely disappointed with the service I received leaving Las Vegas on my way home to Toronto. The gentleman who was scanning tickets and passports as we were entering to get on the plane treated us so horribly that I will never use this airline again. My boyfriend had his things scanned, then was patiently waiting out of the way for me to get mine scanned. The man told my boyfriend that he cannot stand there in the rudest and nastiest tone possible. My boyfriend was not even on the way of anyone and was standing off to the side. There were literally 3 people behind us in line. This man basically forced him to board the plane without me. When my boyfriend kindly explained that he was simply just waiting for me for 2 second, the old man cut him off rudely and told him he had to leave regardless. I am disgusted and it honestly ruined my entire trip. I have anxiety on planes and am traumatized getting on them by myself. Having my boyfriend board without me was honestly a terrifying experience for me and was completely unnecessary.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Swoop is the one for us"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. My wife and I have flown with Swoop 6 times and we have never had any of the negative experiences people are talking about. The flights left on time, they arrived on time, checking was fast and efficient,the planes were clean, their staff were friendly. My only comment is that if you are looking for an airline with frills at discount prices, this is not the one for you. If you are looking to get from Point A to B at a reasonable price, so far Swoop is the one for us.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"would not refund or credit"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Four of us decided to fly with Swoop for the first time. We had a health issue which we explained to swoop and they would not refund or credit (give us a 50 credit each only) our flights back and 5 days later we had four return flights and again would not return anything.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Worst customer service"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Cancun. Worst customer service and corporate follow up imagineable The plane never got off the ground. After boarding, we were held onboard over 3 hours after we were otherwise ready to push back. This isn't clear violation to Swoop's tariff for international flights, which calls for taking passengers off the plane after 2 hours, and offering food and drink after 90 minutes. We were held on board over three hours and refused food and drink. This was after having the flight delayed for more than two hours earlier in the day because the crew needed rest. Ultimately, we are all pulled off the plane and had to wait another hour or so until somebody in Calgary decided whether or not to cancel the flight. Weather conditions ultimately led to the flight, and three other Swoop flights trying to leave Hamilton at the same time. Of course, none of us can control the weather, but an airline can control the customer service it offers its passengers. This is where Swoop failed so miserably. Swoop ground staff had no idea how to handle the situation in front of them effectively. They gave conflicting information. They behaved rudely. they clearly couldn't care less about the individuals involved and the impact it was having on them. Yes, people were upset, but their vacation plans had just been ruined. For the folks working at the airport, this is just their job. Provide customer service and do it well. Well, they didn't do that. on the plane, the flight crew advised us to contact swoops customer service department in Calgary. Of course, anybody who tried to do so immediately learned that Swift customer service in Calgary was closed. Since the cancellation, it has just been a continued serious of frustrations trying to contact and get any kind of satisfaction out of swoop. It might look like you're saving money when you see the Swoop price, but to my mind, it isn't worth the hassle. Don't let them ruin your vacation. I ended up flying on a different airline out of a different airport the morning following the Swoop disaster. Cost me a fortune since I live thousands of miles from Hamilton and had no way to get around easily. But it was worth knowing that I wouldn't have to put up with Swoop again.
RouteHamilton to Cancun

"a very good experience"

Not Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. We have flown Swoop on two different occasions an both times have had a very good experience. Flights were on time maybe off 20 min one time but not a big deal . Customer service at check in was very good an quick as was boarding and on plane. The seats are leather instead of fabric which is much better /cleaner . No hidden fees all right there when you book online you choose if you wanna pay extras but don’t need to. Food an beverages for sale reasonable prices iand you can bring your own if you don’t want to purchase. We ended up sitting together without using the seat selection for the extra cost an could switch seats after take off if we chose as it wasn’t completely full . They also changed people around as it wasn’t full flight to balance out plane an gave everyone more room . All in all I rate swoop 9/10 very good experience.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"missed flight by 30 minutes"

Trip Verified | My birthday weekend trip to Vegas with friends and we missed our flight by 30 minutes they were unaccommodating and would not budge to help us. Refusing to rebook us or refund us anything. We asked to speak with a manager or somebody at a higher level and that is not an option! Very disappointed as this was my birthday present and we were meeting friends in Vegas!
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas