Swoop

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. I would not recommend taking Swoop Airlines. They left my wife, myself and our 4 year old little boy stranded in the Halifax airport on Wednesday. We ended up being 3 hours early for our flight and would not let us on because our app didn't work to check in. They just told us to call customer service, which puts you on hold for 6 hours. I fly often and this was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever dealt with from any company. I have tried contacting them many times and nobody will respond! Avoid this airline at all cost.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownMarch 2019

"overall great flight"

Not Verified | We used swoop for our vacation to Vegas February 27-March 3 I was a little nervous after reading all the bad reviews but we had a great experience. I knew going in that everything was an extra cost including water. We prepaid for baggage online when we booked our flight to save money. We didn’t bring carry on just a personal item which was a small back pack. Leaving Edmonton our flight was right on time flight crew was amazing. Just overall great flight. Coming home we were delayed in Vegas for one hour we got a email well in advance so we weren’t sitting at the airport. The staff worked quickly and get everyone on board as quick as possible and another great flight back home.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2019

"I had a great experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Orlando. I read a lot of reviews about Swoop before I flew and I was convinced I had made an error in booking my ticket, but I realized that this is a case of people only reporting bad news! My check-in was seamless, the staff were great, the flight left bang on time, the plane was modern and clean, the flight crew were excellent, my seat was roomy, my bags were not lost and I had a great experience. Do not despair, Swoop is not as bad as people make out.
RouteHamilton to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"definitely fly them again."

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Las Vegas. After reading reviews let's just say I was worried about flying with Swoop. My experience with Swoop was wonderful. I have no complaints and I will definitely fly them again.
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"never fly with Swoop again"

Not Verified | I have flown round trip Edmonton to Hamilton 3 times, and this will be my last. My flight was changed and when I went online to select a new date and time the website would not work. I was then on hold with the Swoop call centre for over 2 hours while waiting to speak to an agent. When I was finally connected to an agent she was rude and unconcerned. No compensation of any kind was offered for the inconvenience. I will never fly with Swoop again.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Winnipeg. This is the worst airline ever, everything is extra $, and if they select a seat for you it’s the last row in the plane, even a coffee is over 2 dollars, I had to pay 45 bucks for a carry on for 1 way, seats are very narrow, and they always delay and or cancel their flights. So if you wanna waste your money you may waste it elsewhere, unless you can afford to rent hotel rooms and pay for food for a couple of days more then you had planned, never book flights with this airline for an event you wanna attend the day before the event, plus with all the extras you have to pay,it costs the same as a real airline. I don’t understand why this company runs off of WestJet cause WestJet is a million times better. They deceive people with the “LOW” cost flights, cause at the end they charge much more then the “LOW” number you see when you search a flight, for example I booked a flight from Toronto to Winnipeg, round trip, and I got a just over 100 number on the screen at first and when I purchased it with 1 carry on both ways I ended up paying 400, but on my way back they kept delaying then eventually canceling and gave me a new flight for a few days later, so I ended up buying another ticket with a different airline and paid almost 500 for it but they kept their word and I GOT home,
RouteToronto to Winnipeg
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very timely, friendly service"

Not Verified | Was very anxious flying because the reviews didn't look promising, but it was great. I flew direct from Abbotsford to Mazatlan, flights were both very timely, friendly service, and quick. Airports were super quick to check through security, and small airports were easy to navigate. Great price, but it is budget - pick your seats on the emergency exit seats for a good amount of leg room, otherwise it will be cramped if you have long legs. So worth it for the price and no layovers.
RouteAbbotsford to Mazatlan
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"currently stuck in Edmonton"

Not Verified | These people are extremely undependable. They seem to have problems filling their planes so they keep postponing flights until the plane is filled. If you are on any kind of a schedule do not fly with Swoop. I'm currently stuck in Edmonton having suffered two flight cancellations. I am currently over 24 hours late getting back to my job and I am now promised the flight will leave this evening, over 36 hours late so far.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"Awful experience"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Awful experience. Who flies with no carry-on or bag at all? There’s an extra $80. Round trip Hamilton to Abbotsford was $700 - inflated to be just below other airlines. As a 5 hour flight, I wanted a cup of juice and was confused when she handed me the credit card machine. The return was incredibly delayed. After the departure time is when anyone bothered to tell the waiting passengers we were delayed. Even then, there were no details or ETA. The board didn’t even change from ‘on time’ to ‘delayed’ until after the departure time. I’m sitting in the airport now, our new departure time is 10:45 - it’s 10:35 and boarding hasn’t even started. We’ve received no updates since the first and only “we’re delayed”. I wouldn’t trust my travel with Swoop again.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"never book this airline again"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. The flight got canceled a few hours before we were supposed to take off. The email which got send showed that it was canceled due to crew shortage. When we arrived at the airport we got told that the pilot was sick. That is the most unprofessional thing I have ever heard in my life. They offered a flight for the next day at 10 PM which we refused to take as we only had the trip booked for the long weekend, we would have arrived Monday morning at 5 AM and fly out again Tuesday, which was senseless. Because I was to trustworthy with the most ignorant and unprofessional airline I have ever dealt with I am stuck now with over $900.00 in hotel costs and we were unable to attend our family reunion. I have send complaints to swoop directly and asked for a fair refund of hotel cost without even getting a reply back. I emailed and I have tried calling them. When we drove home on the day the flight got cancelled, February 16, I was held on the phone for over 3 hours and then all of the sudden I got cut off and a voicemail was saying that I have called after hours and the office is now closed. I am so upset about all the ignorance we have experienced until now. I will never book with this airline again!
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton