Swoop

"had absolutely no problems"

Trip Verified | vGreat airline. Got 4 tickets for less then the price of 1 ticket if I fly with Westjet or Air Canada. Bought a checked bag. Weight exceeded on the bag by a few pounds. No problems at all. Flew exactly on time and returning flight returned exactly on time. The seats were comfortable and inflight entertainment was great. Our family had absolutely no problems. We loved the flight and the crew were super friendly. We followed the simple rules they mentioned on the website which was show up early and dont expect freebies. Will be booking next flight very soon. We need more ultra low airlines to fly within Canada.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Very disappointed in this airline"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Very disappointed in this airline. I arrived at the Hamilton airport an hour before departure time but unfortunately no one was at the Swoop counter to take my bag or check me in. I had not checked in earlier as I had trouble doing so on line. At about 35 minutes before the scheduled departure an attendant arrived at the counter. She told me it was too late for her to be able to check me in as they were already boarding. As a result, I was not able to take that flight and had to take a cab to Pearson airport and book with another airlines. Although friendly, the staff representative was not helpful and said she would try to log onto the system, even though, as she said, she knew it wouldn’t work, but would try “to humour me”. There was nothing funny about this. The moral of this message if something seems like too good of a bargain it probably is. I think this airlines is grossly understaffed and not worth the difference in the cost of the other airlines. I won’t be travelling with Swoop again.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"truly a horrible airline"

Trip Verified | If anything goes wrong with your flight, Swoop is extremely unaccommodating, and the risk is not worth it. I was supposed to fly out of Abbotsford on Sunday night, but my flight got rescheduled for Monday morning (note: Swoop will not reimburse you for accommodations). I found out at 2 AM on Monday morning that my flight got rescheduled for Wednesday. Meanwhile, the group I was travelling with was still scheduled to fly out on Monday morning. A traveller in the group payed for a different flight and flew out Sunday night with a different airline, so her seat was available. However, they wouldn't let me take her seat and told me there was nothing they could do. The group counted 17 empty seats on the "fully-booked" flight that I could have taken. All workers we encountered from Swoop were extremely unhelpful and did not even attempt to help us. Delaying a flight for 4 days without any sort of compensation is unacceptable. Because I am a student and have exams, I had to pay $350 for a different flight to fly out earlier. This is truly a horrible airline and I advise travellers to book elsewhere. Although this airline offers cheap flights, it is not worth the risk if anything goes wrong.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"flight back been absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | We flew from Edmonton to Abbotsford with swoop and had little to no problems, our flight back however has been an absolute nightmare. The return flight was supposed to be leaving at 6:15pm, September 16th. When we got to the airport no one was at the counter to check our bags so we were forced to go through security with them and have our oversized liquids all thrown out ($30 value). Once we got to our gate the attendant for Swoop told us it would be $84 to check our bags even though we already paid $50 in the first place. After explaining that this is absolutely ridiculous they tagged our bags and said they would put them on the flight. Half an hour later the flight is deemed delayed. Another half an hour later the flight is canceled because apparently the plane had been hit by lightening when it landed. The flight agents said there is nothing they can do and nothing (hotel, transport, or food) will be covered. Unbelievable! So many people and families were left stranded at the Abbotsford airport. We then had to book a hotel for the night ($140) and wait until our rescheduled flight at 8:45am the next morning. Woke up to head to the airport only to receive an email saying this flight has now been canceled and the next flight we could take would be Tuesday the 18th at 6pm. That is 2 days after we are supposed to be home!!! It’s absolutely unbelievable. We went to the airport to see if there were any earlier flights and were just told, “no, our other fights are full and maybe go book a new flight with flair airlines instead”. No help, no reimbursement, nothing. So now we have had to spend money on a hotel, food, transport and additional flights ($400+) just to get home. I have been on hold with swoop customer service for 1.5 hours (still currently am) and have not spoken to anyone. I was so excited when I saw there was affordable airlines starting to operate within Canada but after this experience I will never use them again, and would advise anyone else to rethink booking through them.

"Then things got worse"

Trip Verified | Abbottsford to Edmonton. Came in to fly out on a Sunday night. Started boarding, then told our flight was cancelled and going to be rescheduled for the first thing next morning. Understandable, things happen and ultimately safety is most important when flying. Then things got worse. Little to no communication on everything. No hotel vouchers, food vouchers, nothing! All 150 people on this plane were now responsible for themselves. Unbelievable. We were fortunate enough to have family we could spend the extra night with. Could not imagine the hotel ordeal or having children traveling as many passengers did. Then, at 3am we get an email saying our new flight has now been cancelled and they have rechecked us for Wednesday afternoon! Are you kidding me! Fortunately we came to the airport early in the morning and managed to switch to another airline. After spending 45 minutes on hold with their customer service they refunded us the cost of the flight, but nothing for the huge inconvenience this has brought. My girlfriend and I have had to miss work, pay extra for our parking at our destination, and completely lose a day to this absolute garbage customer service. Neither I nor my significant other will ever be using this airline again and will be telling everyone we know of this experience.
RouteAbbottsford to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cheap flights are a good idea"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. It’s amazing to have an airline that as a young family we can afford to go see my family in Vancouver. For short flights the planes are great and the staff are the same. Thanks to whoever decided these cheap flights are a good idea because it brings families closer.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"been on hold for 51 minutes"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. So, I was in a situation where for sure reasons I could not fly out this morning. I called Swoop, was out on hold and there I stayed - at 25 minutes I also called from my landline in case my cell battery died and was again put on hold. When I gave up I had been on hold on the original call for 51 minutes and then gave up on the landline at about 45 minutes. I took screen shots of my cell before it died to prove it. What’s the deal?

"Many annoyed passengers"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Long story short - reached the airport at 1pm with 2 toddlers and was told the flight was cancelled. Was offered the next flight out 8hrs later. No meal voucher offered, no other options, no sorry from the front agent. When I asked the agent why no email or call. She said she did not know. Received an email at 2.15pm 2 hrs before actual flight time of 430pm that flight has been "rescheduled". Most passenger would have made their way into the airport. Many annoyed passengers. Disappointed

" Aircraft was clean"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. Aside from being late on takeoff their and back, and some minor confusion at the desk, this felt no different than flying any other economy line, and cost $9. Not sure why people are complaining. Aircraft was clean and staff to standard. Really it was no different than a WestJet flight..
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"needs to get their act together"

Trip Verified | Swoop needs to get their act together: We paid full price when the airline first starting selling tickets - they are now 1/2 price and as low as $9 to Edmonton. They are trying to get customers anyway they can. The airline has poor scheduling issues and cancels the flight if they don't have enough customers booked. This resulted in leaving us in Edmonton an additional 3 hours until their next flight landed. Our times were changed twice on the departure flight days before we even left. We had the same plane down as well as back - we could tell because of the same piece of dirt in the same spot. When I called to talk to a manager you couldn't get through and I finally emailed them and they gave us two $50 vouchers - probably my bad if I ever decide to use them. For the price we paid I should have gone with an airlines that have worked out the bugs in the system.
Date FlownAugust 2018