Swoop

"Swoop is a scam airline"

Not Verified | We were supposed to fly from Abbotsford to Edmonton but Swoop cancelled on us at time of departure. We found a new flight as we had to be in Edmonton the next morning for a business meeting within the hour and boarded our new flight. When we landed in Edmonton I got an email from Swoop stating that our flight had been rebooked for 30 hours after our previous departure was supposed to happen. I tried calling but they were closed as their hours are 8-4 and have no after hours service. The next morning (after the flight was already supposed to be boarded) at 8am, I called and tried getting a refund. Nothing. They were rude and told us it was our problem and took our money. Swoop is a scam airline. I've flown with them on 10 different occasions and this is not the first time its happened, it's the third.
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Find a different airline to fly"

Not Verified | They cancelled our flight after the time it was supposed to take off. We waited in an hour long line and by the time we got to the counter the only remaining flight that day was full. We had to get to Edmonton for a 7 am meeting the next day so we booked another airline that left that night. After a two hour wait on hold, they told me I lost my money and there’s nothing they can do. The man on the phone was extremely rude and would not give me a complaint email address or his manager. Find a different airline to fly.
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Swoop would not refund us"

Trip Verified | My sister and I booked flights last spring 2021, Swoop changed our flight times more than 4 times! Then where we were flying to had multiple shut downs due to covid, so we needed to cancel our flights. Swoop would not refund us, they gave us a credit. I just contacted them again as I am not vaccinated, and cannot travel without it. They said they will not refund.
Date FlownMay 2021

"Come on on Swoop. you can do better"

Not Verified | My flight was excellent without any issues, no concerns on the flight end. direct from Abbotsford BC to Hamilton. I used the online "quicker" email option to try to make changes to my flight (spending more on options). I waited 8 days for a response from Swoop without any reply. I ultimately gave up, used the phone and waited the nominal 50 minutes until I got an attendant and the matter was rectified. Another flight coming up and being as thick as I am, I used the "quicker" online email option spelling out my issue again. Again up to day 4 and no reply. So here I go again on hold with the phone up to 42 minutes and I give up. This is incredibly poor customer service either way, whether using either option. Come on on Swoop. you can do better.
RouteAbbotsford BC to Hamilton BC
Date FlownDecember 2021

"made me pay for the 2nd bag"

Trip Verified | Very bad experience at customer service, I had a digital copy with barcode for covid test and the lady at customer service has no idea how to scan the barcode with her phone, after 15 minutes someone else came there and scanned it from his own phone. I had 2 personal bags and she made me pay for the 2nd bag. This flight cost me very expensive.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"stranded with no support from Swoop"

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled. Lady at the counter instructed us to check our email and leave the airport. We tried to rebook our flight through the app which was not working. Calling customer services wait times were over an hour and kept getting different responses. Swoops outsourced those call center and clearly staff wasn't trained. We were then instructed that adjustments can only be made at the airport. We made a second journey to the airport where no staff was available. We are currently stranded with no support from Swoop and have spent a full day trying to rebook. Two journey to the airport and 5 hours on the phone.
RouteToronto to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Don't be fooled by the price"

Trip Verified | We were scheduled to fly to Edmonton on Dec 22nd. The flight was cancelled and there was no one to guide us. Apparently we were supposed to get an email which went to the junk folder. At the time, we didn't get an email and we were running out of time to catch another flight the same night via WestJet to Edmonton. WestJet which is the parent company refused to reschedule our flight unless we paid for it because we didn't have the email. Under such pressure we paid and now filing a complaint. I will never fly this airline again. It's the worse service I have ever seen. You are left stranded in an airport no knowing what to do. No everyone has access to an email. So they should have someone to guide the passengers when a flight is cancelled or rescheduled. This airline is definitely not recommended. Don't be fooled by the price. It will cost you way more than you think.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they didn’t allow us to check in"

Trip Verified | I took a flight from Hamilton to Abbotsford on 25th of December 2021. One of the agent told me that I only reserved my luggage on one way from Abbotsford to Hamilton but there is not any reservations for from Hamilton to Abbotsford. But even I told then that I did it for both way but she said no. Thus, I paid extra 81$ at airport. First they land us here in Vancouver due to wind storm that’s okay but when we went there for luggage, my bag was not there. Because they send my bag to someone another’s address in Edmonton. And I didn’t get my bag for half days of my trip. Even I buy new clothes. When I was coming back from Abbotsford to Hamilton first they delayed our flight for one hour and even we reached there 50 minutes before. But they didn’t allow us to check in.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford

"atrocious staff"

Not Verified | Poor poor customer service and atrocious staff at the Halifax airport. If they are doing their job they should do it proper. First they charged me $120 for one bag which is ridiculous. Then my flight was cancelled and they had no information or they refused to say anything what so ever. And now I have been on hold for 2 hours and there is nothing I can do to confirm my rescheduled flight.
RouteHalifax to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2021

"had a very pleasant experience"

Not Verified | I had a very pleasant experience with the staff of this airline and the crew was very kind. It is a discount airline so you have to expect a level of accommodations, but as far as attitude goes, the people who work here were fantastic. The fees can add up, but again you have to understand what you are buying in to.
RouteHamilton to Orlando