Swoop

"I am a loyal customer going forward"

Trip Verified | I have flown with Swoop now 3 times. I love Swoop!!! Their staff are not only courteous but they had us laughing as well. On our trip into Charlottetown I made a special request for a Stompin Tom Connors song to be played. Bud the Spud - sounds silly but they played it once we landed. This airline has had bad reviews and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Swoop - I am a loyal customer going forward. Thank you for telling the passengers we were important to you. That in itself made a huge difference to me. P.S. love the pink!
RouteToronto to Charlottetown
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Avoid this airline at all costs"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight from Hamilton to Edmonton only to have it cancelled just hours before departure. At the airport, no Swoop staff could be found. Third party staff was hired to deal with the customers, they didn’t help us book another flight, only offered a travel voucher to hire a cab to Toronto and hope to book a flight either through Swoop or WestJet. They assured me that I would get fully reimbursed, I also followed the guidelines given on the cancellation email to book with Swoop or WestJet, they provided me a link to submit receipts for reimbursement. I submitted all necessary documents, waited 31 days for a decision only to find out that my claim isn’t eligible for compensation due to rest times for the staff. I am out over $1900. I can’t afford this, I was lied to. Avoid this airline at all costs.

"Overpriced stressful experience"

Not Verified | Overpriced stressful experience, will never book with Swoop again. Do yourself a favour, you’ll save money in the long run if you book elsewhere. Even Swoops cancelation policy is silliness.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2022

"not worth the added stress"

Not Verified | Chances of cancellations or long delays are extremely common. If these issues arise, good luck getting in contact with customer service via any of their contact forms. My first flight was cancelled and my return flight was delayed (in addition the online check in service did on work). The customer service responded to me via instagram of all places 3 days after my expected flight which was cancelled. We managed to get another flight out to our destination with no help from swoop as we were not able to get a hold if them. Despite they owe us for the canceled flight i have not heard back about any refund. And the return flight was not smooth sailing, first the online checking service is not working. Had to wait for the check in service to open in which they seemed clueless and use to complaints with the airline but have no actual solutions. Then the flight was consistently delayed, first 5 min, then 20 min then 1 hour and eventually 2 hours delayed. This airline is a a big scam and is not worth the added stress. Do yourself a favour and fly with someone else. They dont know how to resolve issues and deal with customers.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"We will never fly with Swoop again"

Not Verified | I purchased return tickets through Swoop to get to Winnipeg from Hamilton. The flight there went smoothly. It was on the return that it all went downhill and my family of five was left stranded in Winnipeg for two extra days. I received a an email the day before our flight notifying us that our flight was cancelled due to "operational reasons" We tried desperately to get in touch with Swoop but were not successful. You can't reach anyone by phone, the voicemail tells customers to contact them via there facebook, twitter or instagram accounts. All of my emails to Swoop bounced back! There are frustrated comments from customers all over their Instagram account asking for responses to their inquiries. All of these social media services operate on an automated system so we were unsuccessful in getting our questions answered. The next day we drove to the airport and no one was at the Swoop counter. We asked West Jet to help us because West Jet owns Swoop airlines. They told us that they could not and that we would have to wait for another email from Swoop with instructions. We received an email with flight options which were: Option 1, fly the next day and take three different flights to get to Hamilton for a total of 18 hours of travel Option 2, fly two days later and take two flights to get home for a total of 8 hours of travel There were direct flights flying from Winnipeg to Hamilton both of those days but we could not get in touch with anyone to help. I would like consumers to know that Swoop leaves customers stranded and there are no instructions for any kind of compensation. We had to pay for two extra nights in a hotel, extra car rental fees and food expenses for a family of five. We also missed two days of work. We ended up spending twice as much with too much added stress then if we had booked with a reputable airlines. We will never fly with Swoop again and strongly feel that the public should be made aware that booking with Swoop is a mistake. I also feel that our government should be protecting consumers against airlines that operate this way.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Be prepared to lose your money"

Trip Verified | Wanted to change my reservation for my flight that was to fly today, August 3, 2022, however, could not reach any staff to assist since this past Saturday- a total of 5 days. Tried messenger, Facebook, email & phone. No way to reach an actual person. Had purchased Modifly and would have changed my flight to next year same time but flights are not posted that far out, hence, I was trying to contact staff that could help. (Was flying to see my mom but she died 5 days before my flight, want to use flight for Celebration of Life next year, same time - on her birthday.) Be prepared to lose your money with this company. No way to reach anyone to help. If you want to change your flight & you purchased Modifly to do so, be aware that you can only rebook 6 months later or so, which is not indicated anywhere in the fine print. Also, your flight must be between the same two points. Very disappointed with Swoop this time around. I flew with Swoop in February 2020 just before Covid - was perfect for me then - got me where I needed to be cheaply, safely. No frills at all though - best for fit, able bodied people - don't expect much comfort.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"the airline staff are quite pleasant and friendly"

Trip Verified | With all the bad press the airlines are getting these days it was so great to experience a flight that was on time with no line ups, issues or otherwise. This is the second time we've flown Swoop and we have found that the airline staff are quite pleasant and friendly. Sure they're a budget airline but if you're flight is 4 hours or less, you don't really need much else other than a relatively comfortable seat.
RouteToronto to Deer Lake
Date FlownJuly 2022

"cheap but they don't deliver"

Trip Verified | Trash of a company without basic sense of responsibility and commitment to customers. They cancelled my family trip to Florida a few days before departure and didn't bother to provide an acceptable solution. Their "customer service" put me on hold for 40 minutes and then blew me off with pathetic excuses and tried to send me away with other phone numbers to call for assistance. Never deal with this company, look for better travel options. They are cheap but they don't deliver.
RouteToronto to Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I don't recommend Swoop"

Not Verified | On my way back from a 2 week stay in Florida, I arrived at the airport around 5 AM. My flight was at 8:20 Am, or at least it was supposed to be. We sat on the plane for around 2 hours before we were told we had to disembark the aircraft. The reason was unscheduled maintenance on a tire. They had the tire all ready to be changed but Swoop made the terrible decision to drive a guy in from Tampa (because it was cheaper). All the passengers (including me) sat in the terminal until 5 PM then Swoop cancelled the flight. It was extremely stressful but the flight attendants were amazing people! I don't recommend Swoop to anyone.
RouteSt Petersburg to Hamilton
Date FlownApril 2022

"no way to speak to a live person"

Not Verified | There is no way to speak to a live person ever. This leaves you to try email, no response for 3 days a bot on messenger if you have Facebook which I don’t want. Tried to deal through Westjet AS the owner of swoop, they say they can do nothing for anyone pertaining to Swoop. Even Westjet couldn’t give me a number to call to speak to a live person.
RouteToronto to Regina