Swoop

"Swoop are charging $150 per head "

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. Our flight is Today March 17, 2020. From Edmonton to London Ontario through (Swoop) then from London Ontario to Orlando through Sunwing Airlines. Sunwing gave us a full refund but We’ve been contacting Swoop service lots of time Since March 12, but it all ended up in a recording apologizing that they cannot attend to our call, then line cuts. Even the chat doesn’t help, email haven’t answered. On cancellation Swoop are charging $150 per head which is a lot bigger than the fare, and changing flight dates they are charging to-and-fro $150+$100 per head, so, the use of Modifly is for the next flight after you charge up this huge amount? Be considerate enough to all your clients, being in a local flights doesn’t mean you are not subject to viral infection. I hope you can do something about this and not just wait for your clients/pasenger to not show up in threir flight just to protect themselves from being exposed to infection, then what, it’s your gain and we lose.
RouteEdmonton to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not willing to issue credits"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. I am extremely disappointed that the airline is not willing to issue Swoop credits for flights within Canada. There are some people that are more at risk for catching Covid-19 and given the progression of this ILLness it should not matter where you are flying to.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I could not reach a live agent"

Trip Verified | After re-booking a flight from Orlando to Hamilton with a live agent, I was promised a $50.00 credit off the ticket price for my next flight with Swoop. When I tried to apply this credit on a flight to Cancun, After waiting on hold for over an hour, I could not reach a live agent to receive it. I tried contacting an agent through the Swoop website to no avail. Never received a response to my written request to Swoop. What I find disturbing is the complete lack of care to help customers deal with flagrant issues. Swoop is a subsidiary of Westjet, one of the more popular and successful air carriers in Canada. I have never had an issue in all the years I have flown Westjet. How is it Westjet has not become involved with Swoop management to iron out these customer complaints? I have come that Swoop cannot survive the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
RouteOrlando to Hamilton
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they charge for water"

Not Verified | Everything was overpriced. I ended up not bothering to get a drink on the flight, since they charge for water. There is no In-flight entertainment, there is a Swoop app that you can download, which has a streaming service there, which you need to pay for WiFi to use. Ended up paying nearly 15 bucks for the in-flight WiFi which didn't work for me. Couldn't connect to anything that wasn't on the Swoop website. I had to go to safari on my phone to connect and pay, not the Swoop app. Top it off with having zero legroom, my knees squished up against the seat in front of me. I am never going to fly with Swoop again.
RouteAbbotsford to London

"no one is responsive"

Trip Verified | I'm writing this from London Ontario Airport. A small airport which due to coronavirus now you hardly see anyone around. Our flight was at 12:25 pm and when I got to the airport many students were in the line in front of the Swoop counter and no employee was there. When one person finally came, she said they don't check in anymore. The flight is here hardly anyone in the airport and they didn't check in us while at 11:40 neither of them was in counter. It is not our fault that they left the counter earlier than usual times because they didn't have any travelers. The supervisor was not responsive and just kept showing a paper with a phone number. Is this called customer service? I tried to call many times and no one is responsive. This is not fair to customers. Most of the kids who lost their flight today at London airport were students who were forced to leave the residents due to universities closing because of the Coronavirus and now they have nowhere to go.
RouteLondon to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cannot get through on the phone"

Trip Verified | My 87 year-old mother & I booked a flight to Edmonton from Hamilton to leave March 20 and return March 24. On March 13 the airline announced that if your flight was more than 7 days away you could add their flight insurance for free and change or suspend your travel plans. Our trip was just under 7 days away! Also our flight was not an international flight but it was between two of the provinces with the highest rates of confirmed cases and also between two cities which have confirmed cases. We are asking that they reconsider and allow us to receive a credit so that we can reschedule or trip to see my sister and her ailing husband. He had COPD and is also very susceptible to the virus. Even the government has told us to avoid non-essential travel! I have yet to hear back from the Facebook messages that I have sent and cannot get through on the phone.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"pay for every single little thing"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Las Vegas. I would not recommend anyone flying with Swoop! Yes, they say their flights are cheaper but are they? At the end of the day, we have to pay for every single little thing including bad service and delays over delays! So the world announces a pandemic and everyone is trying to cancel their flight to get their money back so their health is not at risk and to prevent the spread of the virus not only does Swoop charge to speak to them but currently Swoop won’t even pick up calls or when they did pick up they say sorry we don’t refund for flights-no refund policy, not even world pandemic. Perhaps a credit? Shouldn’t this be an exception? WestJet and Air Canada are also credit or refunding customers. Even the government is paying people to stay at home and not travel. The hotel we booked even made an exception and refunded our money even tho they had a no refund policy understanding the situation. Shame!
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2020

"it is impossible to communicate"

Not Verified | From the early hours of today and taking into account the measures announced by Canada due to the coronavirus, we decided to cancel or modify our flight reservation to the city of Hamilton for March 15 from the city of Tampa, Florida, USA. The option to cancel or modify the flight does not work! We tried to call but it is impossible to communicate and we also saw that the charges for those calls are $15. Therefore, we are requesting the cancellation of our reservation and the refund of our total payment. We will be going tomorrow to a counter, to do a new complaint!
RouteTampa to Hamilton, Canada
Date FlownMarch 2020

"trying to modify or cancel our flight"

Not Verified | Tampa to Hamilton. Since yesterday March 13 we have been trying to modify or cancel our flight reservation to Canada. The option to cancel or modify the flight does not work! So we are requesting the cancellation of our reservation and that the total of our payment be re-sent to us.
RouteTampa to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not a low cost airline"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Los Cabos on 14 March. Avoid, avoid, avoid! This is not a low cost airline and then they refuse to even discuss with you! As someone used to low cost airlines in Europe, this does not compare!
RouteEdmonton to Los Cabos