Swoop

"charged me $50 for it"

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed for hours for no reason without any notice. I flew with one backpack from Abbotsford to Edmonton and there was no problem with it and I didn’t have to pay for it. But when i was going back to Abbotsford with same backpack after two days, they didn’t allow me to take my backpack and charged me $50 for it. Staff was very rude. Swoop need to fix their policies.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2019

"the price can’t be beat

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. Amazing experience. I was very worried after reading the reviews but it was amazing the flight was on time both ways. The Hamilton airport was worse for loading onto the plane because you have to walk out to the plane so it took longer but the flight back from Halifax the loading was quick. The airplane was clean and the crew was nice. Would fly again totally amazing and the price can’t be beat. Would fly again
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Return flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. Return flight was cancelled, re-booked us 11 days later. Had to pay $3200 to get home on an alternate carrier. Offered my family $1039 or compensation. Brutal airline! The cost savings aren’t worth the risk of cancelled flights. Stay away!
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"80 dollars for the same bag"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. Don't say a word about baggage size or fees at one airport whereas charge a ridiculous 80 dollars at a different airport for the exact same bag. Bag fits underneath the assigned space beneath the adjacent seat and can definitely fit in the overhead storage but they see that it's okay to charge 80 bucks just because that bag doesnt exactly fit into the cage even though it does.
RouteEdmonton to London

"price is super cheap"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. First time flying with Swoop and I can say that for the price this was an excellent experience! Most people don't check the finer details and complain about everything costing extra and expecting a luxury experience. As long as you know what you are getting then it's fine. Leg room and seats were perfectly fine. Food was lacking but when you are paying literally less than half the price of other airlines you cant complain! I would definitely recommend this airline and I would fly again with them when the price is super cheap! People these days will complain about everything and expect luxury for nothing! Make sure you read all the information before you fly and you will have a pleasant journey as I did!
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"very satisfied"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Las Vegas. I encourage people to use this airline from Hamilton to avoid the madness of the Toronto airport. No big line-ups, no numerous computers, etc. I hope Swoop stays. It is a no-frills airline but who cares. It is the destination, not the journey. They have overnight flights which are great because you end up sleeping through most of the journey. They can offer a low-cost price because there are no meals and you have to buy your drinks but who cares! You can bring your own snacks on board. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful and the plane was clean. I have flown to Las Vegas a few times on Swoop and was very satisfied.
RouteHamilton to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"attendant was very cold, no smile, not pleasant"

Trip Verified | When I was booking my flight I wasn’t planning to take luggage but later decided to do so. I proceeded to manage my booking and pay for the bags I was checking in and the system started acting up. I tried several times to put through the payment but it didn’t go through until after 4 tries. After I checked my itinerary I realized that the checked bags were added to my returning flight and not my departure flight so I tried to adjust it but couldn’t. I tried searching for a way to connect with Swoop but couldn’t get through to anyone and so I waited until I got to the airport to let them know that I was having a problem and needed my checked bags to be added to my departure flight instead of my returning flight. The attendant proceeded to tell me that she can’t do that and there is no return policy so I have to pay for the bags again. I told her I am not asking for a refund, I am asking if the bags can be switched to my departure. She said no. I asked if I can speak with someone she said she was the supervisor and it is their policy. I get that, but is there a way to adjust this so I don’t have to repay for this simple mistake. She called someone and I’m at the end of it when I was told I would still need to pay again the same price I paid online ($110). My plan was to take checked bags with items to help some people who were displaced because of hurricane Dorian in Bahamas so my intention was just to drop off the items and not to return with any checked bags and so I don’t think it was necessary for me to pay again for the bags when it clearly a mistake. It was my first time flying with Swoop and it was the worst. The attendant was very cold, no smile, not pleasant, didn’t care and at the end of it all, I had to pay again. Don’t think I will fly with them again.
RouteHamilton to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownOctober 2019

"denied boarding for my flight"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Yesterday evening, after nine hours of travel (air and land) from Queen Charlotte BC in Haida Gwaii to Abbotsford I was denied boarding for my flight to Hamilton. The reason for denial was having incorrect identification according to company policy, but I feel that the issue was addressed with little respect and understanding of the situation and the lack of willingness to cooperatively address the issue will result in me missing my brother's wedding tomorrow. Earlier this week I lost my wallet with my passport in it, leaving me with no photo identification, living on a small island with no access to apply for an emergency passport or other government identification. From a Service BC satellite office, I acquired an interim driver's license and interim BC Services Card (Care Card). Prior to my travel, I checked the Transport Canada regulations and found that for domestic travel 2 pieces of valid (not-expired) government issued identification were acceptable so long as they had the name that matched the ticket, birth date and gender. It also mentioned in the case of a driver's license having the expired license as accompanying photo ID. I had all these pieces, although my expired driver's license was for an Ontario license rather than my interim BC license (which is just the reality of me moving from Ontario to BC within the past few years). I figured I had all the necessary documents to travel. I did a quick scan of Air Canada and Swoop policies and noted they mirrored Transport Canada policies. I was able to board my Air Canada flight from Sandspit to Vancouver with the documentation I had on hand. I then traveled 2 hours from YVR to YXX on public transit and was denied boarding for my 9:55pm flight. The reasons provided to me were as follows: - Because my expired license is from a different issuing agency than my interim license, it was not considered valid as a primary or secondary piece of ID - Swoop accepts "Care Cards", but the customer service representative said that "BC Services Cards" are not the same. BC only issues Service Cards now, so the paperwork I had was as close to a Care Card as I was going to get. The other ID I had on hand included a fishing license (accepted until very recently), several student cards (which I recognize are not government issued), photocopy of my passport, and an expired government-issued residency card. I was told that there was no grace period for accepting the fishing license, although the Transport Canada policy change is still in its grace period. When I was denied I respectfully accepted that I did not have what was required, but asked if I could switch to the flight the next day... I would have my friends send down my birth certificate and any other documentation today (Oct 4) to board the 9:55pm flight. I also asked if he could help me identify what ID I would need if I rebooked the flight. The agent said he did not have time to help with re-booking and told me to call Swoop (the offices were closed at that time). I asked if his team lead could help me, he went to ask her, but came back saying she was too busy to talk to me. This morning I called the Swoop office. The woman I spoke to was very sympathetic and said if I was able to get proper ID she could book me on this evening's flight and offered to ask her supervisor if they could give me a voucher towards the price of the flight (which had gone up to over $450 one way).
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"close check-in 45 mins before departure"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. I arrived at the Swoop counter 43 mins before the flight departure time and they said bc their rule is to close check-ins 45 mins before the flight departure they cannot check me in or let me drop my bag. I also had paid for a bag check-in. First of all, there was no on at the swoop counter at all, 4 of the passengers were just looking around for someone who can call someone from Swoop. We asked people sitting at Westjet counters but they just shrugged and said we don't know. Finally a representative from Swoop came out 20 mins before the flight departure and told us if we had checked in online, we can go in (without checkin baggage), otherwise go home. This is sheer extortion and I have seen no other air career operate this way.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"bag was broken upon arrival"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. My bag was broken upon arrival to YHM, september 17th 2019. I informed a staff member of Swoop, she then took pictures of my bag and the baggage tag and said she would email me later for a damaged bag claim, that she was too busy to file it right then and there. One week had gone by and I heard nothing Sept. 24th 2019 I was traveling back to YXX told the check in agent that my bag was broken upon arrival and that I wanted to fill out paperwork, she advised me to contact the head office, it is now Oct. 2nd I have done all the running around and jumping through hoops for them, sending them pictures of the damage to my bag etc. Called the head office and having to return the next day to YXX an hour from my home a two hour road trip that could have been avoided if someone would have just done their job in the first place. This company gives you the run around hoping you will just get tired of the chase, and let them be.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton