Swoop

"stay away from this airline"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Swoop has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. I booked in March 2020 this year, before any case of the covid19. On March 20. I decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non-essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19. We’ve been contacting Swoop, but it all ended up in a recording that they cannot attend to our call, then line cuts. Even the chat doesn’t help, message sent hasn’t answered. For the return flight, which is more than 7 days ahead, their new policy claim they give free to modify, but no, they still charging $100 per head for the change. This is the worst airline I have seen so far as the refund is concerned. My advice is to stay away from this airline.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownApril 2019

"Giving Swoop a thumbs up"

Not Verified | Mazatlan to Edmonton. Dear Swoop, thank you so much for all you did getting my parents home from Mexico during this time! You were amazing during this all and they had absolutely nothing bad to say about Swoop and actually said it was one of the best flights they have been on! Thanks again and hats off to you picking up the slack of WestJet and going above and beyond! Giving Swoop a thumbs up!
RouteMazatlan to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very poor business practices"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Hamilton. Swoop has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. We booked in last year, before any case of the covid19. On March 13, only learned 2 days before our flight Mar.15, we decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non-essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19. We’ve been contacting Swoop, but it all ended up in a recording that they cannot attend to our call, then line cuts. Even the chat doesn’t help, message sent hasn’t answered. For the return flight, which is more than 7 days ahead, their new policy claim they give free to modify, but no, they still charging $100 per head for the change and also jack up the price so you have to pay for the huge difference. I am extremely disappointed that the airline is not willing to issue Swoop credits for flights within Canada. It is absolutely appalling that Swoop is not offering travel credits or re-booking options for its customers amidst the Coronavirus health crisis/pandemic. The government is telling us to cancel all travel so we basically do not have a choice but to cancel and Swoop is a shame to use this time to promote cheaper prices.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"we get no response to email and can't reach them on the phone"

Not Verified | Due to Covid19 virus and the risk in taking this vacation, we as a group decided to cancel. 3 hrs and 20 minutes waiting on the phone with Swoop Getaway the company we booked with. 2 payments were charged to my Mastercard, 1 was Expedia and the other was Swoop. The Rep for Swoop Getaways stated due to the "uncontrollable" acts the flights maybe be credited to Swoop credits or a full refund to the original form of payment. The Expedia charged was refunded in full, and the Swoop was refunded as "shell" after researching this means credit. As stated in Swoops website "Uncontrollable" a customer has the option of a credit or a full refund. Now we get no response to email and can't reach them on the phone. Please dont support a company that doesn't suppose their customers or follow their own policies. Also will not give WestJet a dime as they are the parent company of Swoop.
RouteEdmonton to Puerto Vallarta

"terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta. Have now been on hold for 2 hours with Swoop. Trying to cancel as per their email regarding Corona. Cant cancel online, cant get anyone online, cant get anyone via email, and have now wasted 2 hours on phone which Im sure will disconnect any minute. This is not the first time Swoop. You offer terrible customer service and Westjet your parent company should be ashamed of themselves.
RouteAbbotsford to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the worst airline out there"

Not Verified | Swoop has been nothing but insensitive and has displayed very poor business practices during this global crisis. My husband I were travelling to Edmonton with our two young children. When we decided to cancel due to our civic duty to not engage in non essential travel in order to help stop the spread of COVID19 swop was not there to answer a phone call. They wanted to charge us $15 to talk to a human, their online chat didn’t help and we could not access them via email. Swoop wanted to charge us $1200 to change our flights. Swoop is by far the worst airline out there. I’ve never flown with them and after this experience I never will furthermore I have told many never to fly with them and I have shared my experience with others. I am disgusted by swoop and I hope others tell their story because I know I am not the only one that is out hundreds of dollars due to their insensitivity and poor business practices.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"Stay far, far, away"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. Horrible, horrible, horrible Don't go, stay away. We booked in Feb, before all the covid19 lockdowns. Only learned 4 days before flight Mar.15, that we had to isolate. Have been trying to reach them but no response. When you phone, line goes dead after 1 ring. Out $1700.00 because we couldn't cancel or reschedule. Never once had an update. You can only change your reservation 7 days prior to flight. Gov. changed rules 6 days before flight. Swoop does not care about you. Stay far, far, away.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never been able to get through"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Fort Lauderdale. We were to fly out March 13, 2020. We have tried to get hold of Swoop for days (before the 7 day period) and have never been able to get through. We booked with our WestJet card and were told by WestJet to contact our carrier which is Swoop. We had to cancel as my dr recommended with virus we don't go as i have lupus. I get that they are probably going out of their minds with calls but other airlines have let people cancel in light of the virus. If this many people are complaining and losing money perhaps other means to get our money will need to be considered. This is not our fault, we only are trying to help ourselves to avoid what was the obvious.
RouteHamilton to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very satisfied with our service"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford. Our plane got grounded due to unforeseen safety maintenance. We called the customer service and spoke to Desiree. She was so helpful and patient. She got us on a flight with Westjet that afternoon with no hiccups or bumps. We were very satisfied with our service and the way Desiree dealt with our undesirable circumstances.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford

"jacked up the price"

Not Verified | Cancun to London. The date is March 16th. I am with my family in Cancun and just heard the Prime Minister's address asking all Canadian's to come home due to covid19. I wanted to change my Swoop flights from Saturday to an earlier flight on Thursday and Swoop would not do the change. I had to buy new tickets and take travel vouchers in order to get home. Additionally, while I was booking the flights they jacked up the price! Unbelievable!
RouteCancun to London