Swoop

"Cancelled flight for weather"

Trip Verified | Cancelled flight for "Weather conditions", no phone call or text message. They did send an email a few hours prior to boarding time, but other carriers did not cancel flights. Was able to re book another flight to a nearby airport at my own significant cost last minute- no weather issues aside from rain and a moderate wind. Swoop was not available at airport and has not answered phone calls or email. Waited on hold for a cumulative 2 hours and no help. They auto booked on a flight 1 week later - what help is that? Do not recommend. I understand weather issues happen, but this was not necessary and the fact they are unable to be reached for assistance, compensation, refunds in a timely manner is not acceptable. Beware!
RouteLondon to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"just cancelled the flight"

Trip Verified | This is the most disgusting airline i have experienced. I had a flight from Edmonton to Hamilton on 30th October 2019. They just cancelled the flight due to so called weather conditions even though the weather was normal. Moreover they didn’t provide accomodations to any of their passengers even told us that we are on our own and booking the tickets for passengers with their own choice. I would suggest everyone to never ever choose this flight.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"definitely fly Swoop again"

Not Verified | London to Las Vegas. Swoop did not disappoint and flying Direct is an absolute treat. Not having to drive to Toronto or Detroit saves several hours travel each way. So convenient. Filled my water bottle after customs and brought a couple of snacks - no need to buy anything on the plane. The staff were friendly and professional. Will definitely fly Swoop again.
RouteLondon to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"handicap do not fly this airline"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Tampa. If you are handicap do not fly this airline. My husband was required to follow an empty wheelchair to the remote craft on his scooter, then had to take his scooter apart on tarmac. Was then allowed to get in wheelchair to be pushed up ramp. Don’t understand why we couldn’t take scooter apart in terminal to be brought to cargo hold. Our travel scoot, without battery, weighs only 35 pounds less than some luggage. They treated the scooter as if it were a huge problem.
RouteHamilton to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2019

"late by less than 4 minutes"

Not Verified | Due to circumstances beyond our control we were late by less than 4 minutes. There was no chance we were going to be checked in. No reasonableness. First and last flight with Swoop. If you miss your first flight, make sure they dont automatically cancel your return flight on you.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"customer service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Mexico. I thought Swoop was a great airline at the time but on reflection, I had to change my flight. I called the number on the first day I tried and spent 2.5 hours on the phone and nobody answered. The second day after 2 hours someone picked it up, Flight changed $200.00 cell phone bill. Upon arriving at home flight delayed 1 hour I proceeded to get my luggage but it was lost, never left Mexico, after paying $105.00 in overweight fees. The Swoop rep was very nice at the airport and all forms were filled in. My luggage arrived two days later. Meanwhile, I called Swoop and for the trouble, they gave me a $50. coupon, not telling me it expired in 90 days. Went to book my flight when the new flights came out south and the coupon was no good. How can a coupon expire in such a short time? You would think that they would bend over backwards for a new airline trying to get business but by there reviews, they will not be around for long. I liked flying with them but the customer service is terrible.
RouteHamilton to Mexico
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"cancellation 4 hours prior to departure"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. I am very disappointed to only receive a cancellation notice email 4 hours prior to departure. No phone call, no text message notice. I was lucky to check my email by chance and found out this change. Otherwise it will be a big surprise to know the cancellation after driving one hour to the airport. You can imagine the people get crazy there now... who have booked their hotels, rental cars, meeting and events. I checked weather of both cities of departure & arrival. Rainy day in Abbotsford 9c, cloudy in Edmonton. I don’t understand why the flight got cancelled. Cheap flight has reason be to cheap. I won’t use this airline for business trip anymore.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I'm not impressed at all"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. We had a death in the family a few days before the flight later this week. They weren't willing to do anything for me. We wanted to change the flight, but for a $500+ fee, more than we paid for the tickets. They wouldn't cancel, or let us give the tickets to someone who would use them. I'm not impressed at all.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"landed at a different City"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Hamilton, diverted to Toronto. This is the worst airline. On 20 October they landed at a different City because they said they couldn’t land at Hamilton due to fog. They have offered to give passengers $100 back if they have a receipt. You can’t even get back to the airport where we were supposed to land for $100. An absolute joke. To top it off, the flight status on their website indicates they dropped us off on time at the correct airport.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"difficult to cancel flights"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to London. Terrible airline. Very difficult to cancel flights. Impossible to reschedule with them. Their policy for rescheduling a flight is ridiculous. They pretty much stole $700 from us.
RouteEdmonton to London