Swoop

" I was forced to pay $90.40"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. On my way from YHM to YEG, I had a personal bag, small enough to fit under the seat ahead of me. I was at the YHM airport and they gave me absolutely no issues with the bag size. And it did fit well perfectly under the seat with absolutely zero hazards. For my return flight, I had the same bag, same size as I did not add any additional products to the bag. The attendants were speaking to me with such degrading tone saying “if you can’t afford 90$, throw some stuff in the trash or leave your bag”. I never felt so embarrassed. I was forced to pay $90.40 as they gave me the ultimatum of missing my flight and being stuck in the airport or paying for the bag which would fit under the seat.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"Zero customer service"

Trip Verified | Scheduled flight from Abbotsford to Edmonton October 20 08:45 Email at 05:30 indicated a delay. Very foggy at airport. Apparently the aircraft flew back to Kelowna to wait out the fog. By 11:00 aircraft were beginning to land. Westjet, Flair etc. But not Swoop. P/A announcement from other airlines were courteous enough give updates on flight status but no a word from swoop. 5 hours later an announcement that the aircraft will arrive in 5 minutes! Almost 2 p.m. Now taxing. What a joke airline. Zero customer service. Stay away.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"disregarded as a customer"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. This is the first time I've given a company 1, but when the agent recommends you book with a different company that speaks volumes about the company. Swoop did absolutely nothing but lie to us for our 6 hour delay for a flight that is only 1.5 hours long. We waited over 3 hours on the phone to speak with someone in regards to cancelling our flight. The service was horrible and they kept telling us there is nothing they can do and they are unable to help us. I get its a budget airline, I'm ok. Paying for every single thing but I'm not ok with being disregarded as a customer. Never will I fly with them again and I'm sorry to Westjet cause they were always so good to fly with but this will impact my decisions about westjet moving forward as well.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2018

"First and last experience"

Trip Verified | Dreadful. First and last experience with Swoop. Hamilton staff; (no where to be found) left three parties stranded, with no ability to check in. One party was able to leave luggage with a family member (to be sent later), the other party and ourselves were not able to simply board the flight and leave our luggage, paid for in advance, by the way. One Swoop staff person was located by an airport employee, Her attitude was unbelievable, holding her smart phone up to my face telling me there was no one waiting at the counter, so 'we left to load the plane'. One of the other parties also took a picture (with a clock in view). We were there in excess of 45 minutes prior to the flight. The plane left without three of us, the Swoop employee said 'that was your choice', then sarcastically, said. 'thank you, have a nice day' as I walked away. No additional flights were available. Swoop made no effort to help us out. Air Canada (yes, Air Canada) searched area airports and all other carriers to try to help. We ended up having to rent a car and driving 22 hours straight to get to our destination.
RouteHamilton to Halifax
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cleanliness was an issue"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. It’s nice to finally have an affordable airline to travel within Canada. I didn’t mind buying water on board, however cleanliness was an issue. When we boarded the aircraft the floor was very dirty, with food all over it, when I pointed it out she said we weren’t provided the vacuum service. I understand that many of the services were pulled back like beverages, snacks, legroom, chair recline to make the airline affordable, but not cleaning the aircraft shouldn’t be compromised. I will fly Swoop again, however if they don’t clean the aircraft I will have to reconsider, I would rather pay more than sit in flight for hours.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2018

"flight was delayed twice"

Not Verified | Terrible. On the way home, from Halifax to Hamilton, flight was delayed twice, then rescheduled for the next day at 8 am, then delayed again until 11am. I had other family heading back from Halifax 2 days later, and there flight was delayed aswell. They're a great airline to fly with, so long as you don't have average expectations, and you don't care if you're on time. Another thing that is extremely inconvenient is, there contact number that shows up on there website is directed to Calgary, and there office doesn't open until 8 am, mountain time. Depending on where you are in Canada, if you have a last minute emergency and you need to talk to a representative from Swoop, you're on your own. I'll pay the extra money, and fly with someone else next time.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I would recommend Swoop"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Overall no complaints. Swoop is a very basic plane but for a two hour flight you don’t need all the extras and the price was great. Swoop pricing was the reason I was able to spend thanksgiving with my family. Flight was delayed because of weather but no one could change that. Swoop was good with updating us on the changes and what was to be done when we came back in the morning. Flight attendants were friendly and the flight was smooth. Overall I would recommend Swoop.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I'll choose Swoop again"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Before the flight, I checked rating here, and was a bit afraid of the service quality and punctuality of flights at Swoop. But my experience explained everything. The aircraft is in a fairly new (well maintained) condition. Room between two rows is okay. By the way, I am 180cm tall. Each row has 6 seats. The seat on the aisle side is a bit narrow. The other ones are okey by size. I had a carry-on luggage with me. Unlike other sneaky cheap flight airlines I experienced in Europe, Swoop did not check the weight and dimension of my carry-on. Cabin crews are friendly. As a cheap flight airline, it is within my expectation that all beverages and food must be purchased. Wifi is available in cabin subject to payment. But for a one-hour flight, it really did not matter. Staff at the service counter at the airport were also friendly and helpful. For my next trips, I'll choose Swoop again.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"unorganized and inconsiderate"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton via Mississauga. Our flight was delayed twice before being canceled. Each change we received an email. We were not given any compensation for hotel or anything because the cancelation was due to weather. We were told to be at check in by 5am. Staff didn't show up until 5:25am. That is when we were told our 8am flight was delayed again until 11am so the crew could have the appropriate amount of rest. Again, no compensation offered and no email notification was sent until 8:03am, 3 minutes after our flight was supposed to have left! If I flew with Air Canada, I would have been able to switch to a Toronto flight, but Swoop doesn't fly there! Having had to fly for a funeral, this was an unexpected expense and I did not have any extra money to stay in a hotel. My family is 2 hours away from the airport, so it wasn't an option to stay with them, instead I half napped on a bench. This airline is very unorganized and inconsiderate to the people keeping them in business. I will not be flying Swoop again and recommend that you spend the extra couple of dollars to get a flight on a reputable airline.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton via Mississauga
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. First time flying with Swoop, flight was delayed 12 hours and was promptly informed they will not accommodate any vouchers or hotel stays for anyone. Also, have to go pick up bags in hallway and re check in and new boarding passes the next morning. Will not fly with Swoop again and will not recommend this airline to anyone.