Swoop

"$80 is ridiculous"

Not Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. I have flown with swoop many times now and I've never had any problems with their staff. They are always friendly and happy to help. I am not however happy with how much they charge for a checked bag. $80 is ridiculous. Everything else I am happy with.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"charge for everything"

Not Verified | Swoop is budget airline and it is just that. Budget. Very cheap fares but they will gouge every last dollar out of you if you are not careful. I would definitely recommend for maybe solo travelers or travelers who can traveling with only a small carry on. I think a family trying to save a few dollars should be careful or the cost of travel could double pretty quick. They charge for everything. I was almost shocked they did not have a coin operated bathroom aboard. Staff was great. Planes were clean. Overages on luggage are high so maybe leave the suit case at home and pack a large duffle bag so you are not paying for the weight of a heavy suit case.
RouteAbbotsford to Puerto Vallarta

"a very pleasant flight"

Not Verified | Our flight was WO604 and I must say that the flight to Mazatlan and return was great. Staff were very good and efficient. It was a very pleasant flight both ways. I would not hesitate to fly Swoop again.
RouteAbbotsford to Mazatlan
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified | We flew Hamilton to Las Vegas Feb 22 and had no issue with our personal item which is a small suitcase. No extra charge, fit perfectly under the seat and the flight was amazing. Crew was great! We arrive at the Las Vegas airport to check in with all our same luggage as we arrived with. At the check in counter we were asked to put a tag on our personal item and pay $55 for it as she has now classified it as a carry on. I explained to her that we left Hamilton with the same airline on Feb 22 and did not pay for the personal bag and was not going to pay going back home. Her co-worker quickly stepped in and said too bad about what happened in Hamilton, that if we wanted to take it home with us we were paying. The service from these 2 individuals was horrible, Swoop obviously does not have consistent processes for all locations and I would suggest paying a few dollars more to avoid the frustration. I emailed Swoop but no response. Trying to get in touch with anyone is almost impossible. They quickly take your money but dont want to deal with any issues afterwards. Would not recommend.
RouteLas Vegas to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2019

"crew were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta return. The flight was (by far) the cheapest I have ever booked. In fact, even the couple of beers I had on the plane on the way to Mexico were half the price they were charging in the airport lounge in Abby! I admit the comfort level is not exactly first class, but neither is the price, and I expected that before flying. I’m tall (6’1”), but I survived. Honestly, the only slight downer was the lack of any real food on the plane. Chips and candy bars are pretty much all you’ll get, but really, who the heck wants to eat on a plane? The flight was smooth, on time both ways, the crew were very friendly, and really all was great.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Abbotsford

"The price is great"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford. The price is great and generally we have to pay for checked luggage anyhow so I had no problem with that. Many friends and family flew to a family wedding by way of Swoop this past summer and we heard no complaints. My flights have been pretty much on time and I think we all have experienced delays with flying from time to time. You have the option of buying a seat with more leg room. The Swoop app works well and I can watch tv and movies just like on any other airline and buy a drink or small snack. As far as I am concerned the big difference is price and that is a huge bonus especially if you buy their seat sales. Great sales every Friday and I am very grateful for Swoop!
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"They will not refund"

Trip Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Hamilton. Left in Puerto Vallarta. On my ticket they printed when I checked in it says gate 18, boarding 12:05. Was shopping but kept looking to see if they were boarding and watching TVs and listening to pa system to announce. None of these ever happened. At 12:30 I went to see what was going on they changed the gate to B9. I got to b9 on time to watch them closing door and detaching. They will not refund this flight.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Hamilton
Date FlownMarch 2019

"If you want more, pay more"

Trip Verified | The trip was great. I arrived 3 hrs early in Hamilton. Service was great, helpful. Can't complain at all. I didn't buy anything on the plane but the attendants were great, funny, helpful, etc. Inflight entertainment had some bugs and interface was a bit dated but I just watched videos on my phone. Wifi is very expensive, which I guess is understandable. Seats were very basic, ok comfort but I had enough room (only 5'6" tho). The flight did leave an hour late so that sucked. Same thing from Orlando. A lot more ppl in airport but service was just as good. Again, a bit more than an hr late to depart. I don't get the low ratings and very pissed off reviews etc. That wasn't our (family 2 adults, 2 kids 8&11) experience at all. I would definitely fly again. Its a low cost airline, don't expect more than that. If you want more, pay more.
RouteHamilton to Orlando

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. I would not recommend taking Swoop Airlines. They left my wife, myself and our 4 year old little boy stranded in the Halifax airport on Wednesday. We ended up being 3 hours early for our flight and would not let us on because our app didn't work to check in. They just told us to call customer service, which puts you on hold for 6 hours. I fly often and this was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever dealt with from any company. I have tried contacting them many times and nobody will respond! Avoid this airline at all cost.
RouteHamilton to Halifax

"overall great flight"

Not Verified | We used swoop for our vacation to Vegas February 27-March 3 I was a little nervous after reading all the bad reviews but we had a great experience. I knew going in that everything was an extra cost including water. We prepaid for baggage online when we booked our flight to save money. We didn’t bring carry on just a personal item which was a small back pack. Leaving Edmonton our flight was right on time flight crew was amazing. Just overall great flight. Coming home we were delayed in Vegas for one hour we got a email well in advance so we weren’t sitting at the airport. The staff worked quickly and get everyone on board as quick as possible and another great flight back home.
RouteEdmonton to Las Vegas