Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Service was outstanding"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Plane was quiet and as such I managed to peg a "throne" seat without having to pay extra to book it in advance, there was one still available at check in. The seat does afford extra privacy but the whole cabin was nice. Service was outstanding, all the staff clearly wanted us all to have a good experience. I found the amenity kit excellent because I liked the little Victorinox tin that the products were presented in. Food was delicious. got a good sleep on the trip over Atlantic, I have read some people suggesting the bed is firm, I thought it was great. I cannot think of a Business Class experience I liked more than this... I highly recommend Swiss Intl Airlines and am looking forward to my flight to Tokyo in July!
RouteSao Paulo to Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"huge price differences"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I have booked the trip in July 2020. However the flights were cancelled due to lockdown and I was provided with option to re-book the flight ticket within Jan 2021. I decided to book it now and I have tried to contact them online and they used to reply only after 12 hours with huge price differences. So I called them to re-book. I was told that it would cost 1600 DKK extra. (Which is 50% extra to my previous payment). I checked their website and the same dates and the prices listed in the website are less than the price I have paid already. I asked them why they are charging extra than the price listed for the dates in their own website. They have me 3 different answers in 2 minutes time. First they told me that I have booked in tariff S last time so I have to re-book in the same tariff even though there are cheaper tariffs available. I was stunned with that answer. Then she recalculated it and told that their "goodwill" rebook policy allowed her to charge me the lowest tariff available and I need to pay only 1200 DKK. I said they charge me whatever they want just because I didn't have other option so they are scamming me. She got furious and told me to go with cancellation and book again in the website instead. She knew that I can't do that so she literally blackmailed me. At last I was forced to pay 1000 DKK extra just for rebooking in total which cost way more than the live price in their own website.
RouteCopenhagen to Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I felt insulted and cheated"

Trip Verified | Due to Covid, I had to change my may-2020 flight. In a call with customer service before my flight, i was guaranteed a no change fees and a 50EUR discount arrangement if booked again before 31 Dec 2020. Fast forward today, customer service denies this past arrangement and wants to charge me more for the same flight in May 2021, while the price on their website is clearly lower than what I paid. When requesting an explanation or a commercial gesture, given the price gap, I got hanged up. I felt insulted and cheated. And will try to avoid swiss as much as possible from now on. Even EasyJet's service line was friendlier and more helpful, I couldn't believe it.
RouteNice to Zürich
Date FlownMay 2020

"they charged me $240 CAD in "customer call" fees"

Trip Verified | Swiss Air cancelled my return flight on two occasions due to the Covid19 pandemic (understandable). I had to call twice to re-book a return flight since everything they would suggest by default required to spend a night in another city, dangerously increasing COVID19 exposure and incurring additional fees with added transportation, hotel stay, food, etc. What is outrageous, is that to rebook another return flight (on two occasions, of course), they charged me $240 CAD in "customer call" fees. So in addition to cancelling my flight twice and having to waste hours on the phone to find a solution, I have to pay an absurdly large amount of money to fix the difficult situation they put me in. Just to clarify, these are not re-booking fees. They are strictly phone call fees. Please keep that in mind next time you're considering traveling with Swiss Intl Airlines.
RouteMontréal to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2020

"One of the best flights"

Trip Verified | One of the best flights I have had within Europe, despite coronavirus restrictions. The service, by a chap called Rici, was outstanding. The Champagne (Duval Leroy) was excellent. The meal was well-presented, although necessarily minimalist. The aircraft felt clean and new, though I checked and it's 2016. I usually reckon that it's not worth paying extra for business class within Europe, but this was money well spent.
RouteLondon to Geneva
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Avoid this airline"

Not Verified | Disastrous because one pays over 1000 euros for a flight (March) which is cancelled due to Covid19 and then they do not reimburse. They ignore! One would have thought one could trust a Swiss airline but no. We are at the end of August and they simply write "please be patient". Avoid this airline. At your peril and risk! We chose Swiss Air specifically because we thought they were reliable. This was a big mistake.
RouteBerlin to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Passengers not wearing the mask"

(Swaziland)

Not Verified | Passengers not wearing the mask or not covering their noses. I kindly asked the crew to remind passengers and they told me that I could personally remind them (flight number LX1254 - Zurich to Stockholm). I asked one passenger and he ignored me. I told the crew again and the two crew members on the flight just told him. I have evidence that they were at least near me 5 people covering only their mouths and the crew did not say anything. This is a pandemic and it is important to use masks in close spaces as in plane. The correct use of masks on planes is mandatory as well as to fasten your seat belt during take off and landing. The crew on this flight did not do their job.
RouteZurich to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2020

"offload 90 passenger bags"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever with Swiss International Airlines on a completely full A321. Captain decided pre-departure to offload 90 passenger bags incl. checked in hand luggage to reduce weight but he did not inform the passengers - neither pre-departure in Brindisi nor after arrival in Zurich. Passenger had to find out themselves at the baggage reclaim belt when there bags were not delivered. Inflight catering is almost gone as well due to cost cutting reasons. A horrible experience overall from a customer journey perspective.
RouteBrindisi to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"impressed at the handling of this matter"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in March, Hong Kong government has made all passengers (residents and non-residents) from any foreign countries to succumb to a 14-day compulsory quarantine upon entry (in my case, return). For this reason, I had decided to cancel the trip. It was quite easy and pleasant to contact Swiss air in Hong Kong, they were very helpful and offered full refund of my business class ticket (bought directly on their website). It is understandable that most airlines will need quite a long time to process all their refund requests, as the pandemic situation is really one of the worst in recent years! my refund finally came in the beginning of July, which was reflected in my credit card statement. I am really quite impressed at the handling of this matter, and have confidence to fly with them in future when it's safe again to travel, likely from middle of 2021.
RouteHong Kong to Vienna via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Would fly Swiss again anytime"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Connecting flight from Edelweiss to Swiss in ZRH. Brand new A220. I moved with my entire family to Spain so we had a ton of rather heavy carry-on baggage. The FA´s were super nice and tried hard to accommodate everything, Actually, I had to step in to push the stuff into the overhead bins to help the FA´s with that heavy stuff and told them just to check some of the bags. Then the Captain asked my kids to explore the cockpit like in the good old days of flying. We took some amazing photos of my kids in the captain seat. Needless to say how happy and proud we all were. Flight itself uneventful, but the kids got some gifts too from the crew. Nicest crew I've ever experienced. Would fly Swiss again anytime.
RouteZurich to Madrid