Swiss Intl Air Lines

"the worst website"

Not Verified | Dublin to Zurich. I use Swiss since years, but only if I have no other choice (I'm Swiss living in Ireland). They have the worst website of all airlines I ever used. It ends up most of the time that I actually have to ring them and book and fight for not having to pay extra because I could not book online. It is hard for me to accept that in 2022 Swiss still do not have a proper working website. I can book a flight with all European airlines in 10 min, but it takes 30 min and 3-4 attempts with Swiss still I just give up again.
RouteDublin to Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"My hold luggage did not arrive"

Trip Verified | My hold luggage did not arrive at destination with my flight on 22 dec 2021 and was delivered at a temporary address on 29 dec, 7 days later than the flight. I was provided with no tracking number for the delivery and the DHL courier managing the delivery forced me indoor expecting my luggage for four days (dec 26,27,28,29). After complaining with Swiss, they offered me only a 50% refund of the cloths I had to buy, amounting to 65 euro, which is even less than the 85 euro (100USD) maximum refund I was entitled to according to their website. This is ridiculous given the exceptional inconvenience of not having the luggage plus being forced indoors and that the flight ticket cost 830 euro.
RouteChicago to Naples via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"no record of my booking"

Trip Verified | First of all, the purpose of my travel to Bangkok last month was due to the fact that a family member there had suffered a life-threatening illness which required of my immediate support (I'm a medical doctor) to help with certain medical related decisions. After I booked my flight online, I noticed that my name was misspelled. But the system was so badly developed that this simple mistake couldn't be easily corrected. I called several times to notify this. At first I was told that it's not possible at all, then after having been put on hold for many hours and finally, by calling different numbers someone assured me that the spelling of my name had finally been corrected. All this calling and waiting time added up to almost 10 hours in total. The day before my flight I noticed that I still didn't receive any e-ticket in my mailbox as I should have. When I called the airline and asked about this, a Swiss Air representative said she could not see my booking in the system at all. I was alarmed and decided to drive the 80 kms to Geneva airport, hoping to settle things. There, a representative who introduced herself as a supervisor, gave me a print-out and assured me that she had finally corrected and solved my problem. On the next day as my wife and I went to check in our luggage (about two hours before boarding time), the man behind the counter told me that he has no record of my booking in the system. The absurdity of the whole situation was unbelievable! After my wife pleaded with this man, he sent me to look for another colleague of his across the hall and told us that everything will have to be corrected "over there". When we got to the said counter, I was sent yet to another representative again. No one seemed to care or know what was going on. In short, the incompetency of these people was just unbelievable! My wife and I have flown with many airlines in our life time (some of them from the third-world countries) and we had much better experiences than this.
RouteGeneva to Bangkok via Zürich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Very polite, very professional"

Traveling with covid restrictions can be a nightmare, granted if it’s absolutely necessary to travel to see family then it is important to take advantage of this situation. I test myself quite frequently because I am a caregiver but my final test result did not come in time for my flight. I was greeted by 2 unfriendly desk associates, showed them my documents and asked for help. I eventually spoke with someone and Wow the incredible customer service provided for me led to to write this. He told me to come back tomorrow morning to rebook for another flight and to not worry. Of course I worried! But when I arrived the next morning I was again greeted by a very rude attendant but I saw the same staff at the service desk and as he was quickly and calmly smoothing over other customer issues he helped me rebook my flight. Very polite, very professional, very kind, and quick to solve problems! Amazing! 9/10 because of the incredibly rude service before getting to the person who actually solved the issues at hand.
RouteLos Angeles to Lisbon via Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I'll never travel with them again"

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. There is no monitors for the kids and very small narrow airplane. Everything is for money (food, drink). They mentioned food and beverage included but when you board they ask you its for extra money. So flying for 4 hours and they don't give you anything and the flight is not cheap compared to others. Also they declined my boarding on my way back asking for transit visa while the embassy confirmed no transit visa needed. They just made me lose my ticket and time and they were very rude at Cairo airport. I'll never travel with them again.
RouteDublin to Cairo via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"transatlantic flights are top notch"

Trip Verified | Awesome flights. The European flights are no frills, but the transatlantic flights are top notch: good food, open bar during the whole flight, friendly attendants, good IFE. SWISS is my go-to airline for transatlantic travel.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A220 / A330
RouteNew York to Krakow via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"now my airline of last resort"

Trip Verified | No refund for seat purchases when flights are cancelled? This is wrong on every principle. Management should be ashamed. You cannot change your own flight on many flights - they ask you call to optimize penalties or ensure they profit maximize on price differences. Every time you call you get a different number - each person need to check with back office - on everything. Anyway - well done Swiss Air. You are now my airline of last resort.
RouteZurich to Chicago

"Absolutely fantastic trip"

Not Verified | Absolutely fantastic trip, crew were very friendly and helpful, the seat was extremely comfortable, IFE was working well, recline was great as well. The meals were the best I have had on a flight, and the SWISS chocolate the crew handed out was fantastic. I recommend everyone to fly SWISS, especially long haul. Tickets were cheapest for the route as well.
AircraftA340-300
RouteSingapore to London via Zürich
Date FlownNovember 2021

"wishes us better luck next time"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | In Tel Aviv there is no Business lounge for Swissair. Returning. The ground staff had no capability of assisting passengers in showing PCR tests. In fact they were rude in the handling of this matter. There was no facility for business class in boarding. The plane was not equipped with business class seating. Couples were not seated next to one another. The seats were normal economy class with economy spacing apart for the center seat of three being vacant. There was no entertainment provision, only the small economy television used for announcements. The food was disgusting. The attendants were very apologetic and did their best under the circumstances. They recommended that we write to customer feedback services, which I did. Your "consultant" in Customer Feedback Services talks of the pleasure to welcome us on future flights. or wishes us "better luck next time"
RouteZurich to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2021

"haven't taken the full responsibility"

Trip Verified | We have bought a Lufthansa ticket from Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) to Manchester UK (MAN), and transit at Zurich International Airport (ZUR), both flights (LX139 and LX 390) are by Swiss Air. When we have taken the flight LX139 from HKG to ZUR. We haven't received any cancelled notice when we have departed in Hong Kong, until we were landing in ZUR for transit to MAN, we have looked on the transit board, then we known that our flight to MAN, LX 390 flight from ZUR to MAN has been cancelled without any further notice of Swiss Air. There have had no one at the Transit desk of Swiss Air. Until around 9am 21 Dec 2020, someone was at the Transit Desk of Swiss Air and we have queued up, until our turn and we have been told that our flight has been cancelled, due to Swiss government has been banned all UK flights to Switzerland because of COVID-19, and it have had no current reschedule time. Then we would like to pass the border to go to Switzerland and book a hotel room, but because COVID-19, I could not pass, because I'm holding Hong Kong SAR passport, and my husband couldn't leave me alone. And we told that all to Swiss Air. On the first day, Swiss Air still has provided us coupons for meals and drinks, sleeping area. From the 2nd day, my husband also couldn't pass the border, because Swiss Government did not allow UK passport holder to go into Switzerland. However, they have stopped to provide us food, drinks coupons and sleeping area, no compensations until we have flights to leave ZUR due to the reason that they have only recommended us to go back to Hong Kong, because they think we bought return tickets, and we have refused. Because the thing is, our final destination was Manchester UK, and we just only bought one way ticket. Swiss Air stopped providing us everything, but we just only can stay in the transit area. Luckily, we met some people they gave us their food coupons to us. Swiss Air had provided a flight from ZUR to Turkey, then transit to MAN, but, the earliest flight was on 27th Dec 2020. We still have had no choice to stay there, and keep asking Swiss Air if there have any flights. In the afternoon, they told us, they will have flight to LHR (London Heathrow Airport) on 24 Dec 2020 morning, they didn't told us other flights. At that moment, our mental and physical status were collapsed, so we agreed. Finally, we have made it to London Heathrow. However, one of our luggages was lost and we reported to the airline desk immediately. But there has only to fill the form on a computer, we have had no choice except to submit, and we did it. When we arrived Manchester, we emailed to Swiss Air that we would like to claim the train tickets and the extra fee in ZUR and the luggage delayed. But they replied only claim 40 EUROS, we absolutely cannot accept that offer. Until 29th Dec we got our luggage back, but it's damaged already. Swiss Air haven't taken the full responsibility.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / Airbus A220-100