Swiss Intl Air Lines

"Absolutely fantastic trip"

Not Verified | Absolutely fantastic trip, crew were very friendly and helpful, the seat was extremely comfortable, IFE was working well, recline was great as well. The meals were the best I have had on a flight, and the SWISS chocolate the crew handed out was fantastic. I recommend everyone to fly SWISS, especially long haul. Tickets were cheapest for the route as well.
AircraftA340-300
RouteSingapore to London via Zürich
Date FlownNovember 2021

"wishes us better luck next time"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | In Tel Aviv there is no Business lounge for Swissair. Returning. The ground staff had no capability of assisting passengers in showing PCR tests. In fact they were rude in the handling of this matter. There was no facility for business class in boarding. The plane was not equipped with business class seating. Couples were not seated next to one another. The seats were normal economy class with economy spacing apart for the center seat of three being vacant. There was no entertainment provision, only the small economy television used for announcements. The food was disgusting. The attendants were very apologetic and did their best under the circumstances. They recommended that we write to customer feedback services, which I did. Your "consultant" in Customer Feedback Services talks of the pleasure to welcome us on future flights. or wishes us "better luck next time"
RouteZurich to Tel Aviv
Date FlownOctober 2021

"haven't taken the full responsibility"

Trip Verified | We have bought a Lufthansa ticket from Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) to Manchester UK (MAN), and transit at Zurich International Airport (ZUR), both flights (LX139 and LX 390) are by Swiss Air. When we have taken the flight LX139 from HKG to ZUR. We haven't received any cancelled notice when we have departed in Hong Kong, until we were landing in ZUR for transit to MAN, we have looked on the transit board, then we known that our flight to MAN, LX 390 flight from ZUR to MAN has been cancelled without any further notice of Swiss Air. There have had no one at the Transit desk of Swiss Air. Until around 9am 21 Dec 2020, someone was at the Transit Desk of Swiss Air and we have queued up, until our turn and we have been told that our flight has been cancelled, due to Swiss government has been banned all UK flights to Switzerland because of COVID-19, and it have had no current reschedule time. Then we would like to pass the border to go to Switzerland and book a hotel room, but because COVID-19, I could not pass, because I'm holding Hong Kong SAR passport, and my husband couldn't leave me alone. And we told that all to Swiss Air. On the first day, Swiss Air still has provided us coupons for meals and drinks, sleeping area. From the 2nd day, my husband also couldn't pass the border, because Swiss Government did not allow UK passport holder to go into Switzerland. However, they have stopped to provide us food, drinks coupons and sleeping area, no compensations until we have flights to leave ZUR due to the reason that they have only recommended us to go back to Hong Kong, because they think we bought return tickets, and we have refused. Because the thing is, our final destination was Manchester UK, and we just only bought one way ticket. Swiss Air stopped providing us everything, but we just only can stay in the transit area. Luckily, we met some people they gave us their food coupons to us. Swiss Air had provided a flight from ZUR to Turkey, then transit to MAN, but, the earliest flight was on 27th Dec 2020. We still have had no choice to stay there, and keep asking Swiss Air if there have any flights. In the afternoon, they told us, they will have flight to LHR (London Heathrow Airport) on 24 Dec 2020 morning, they didn't told us other flights. At that moment, our mental and physical status were collapsed, so we agreed. Finally, we have made it to London Heathrow. However, one of our luggages was lost and we reported to the airline desk immediately. But there has only to fill the form on a computer, we have had no choice except to submit, and we did it. When we arrived Manchester, we emailed to Swiss Air that we would like to claim the train tickets and the extra fee in ZUR and the luggage delayed. But they replied only claim 40 EUROS, we absolutely cannot accept that offer. Until 29th Dec we got our luggage back, but it's damaged already. Swiss Air haven't taken the full responsibility.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / Airbus A220-100
RouteHong Kong to Manchester via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2020

"quality of the service and politeness of the staff is nowhere near fine"

Trip Verified | Very rude crew. They attacked me almost the whole flight due to the mask-wearing. Almost every minute a crew member was coming to me saying that the mask is not properly worn. When tried to explain that I can't drink with the mask, they said that I can't drink for so long. By which right do they decide on how long I drink or how I wear the mask?! The overall impression is like spending time in prison with preoccupied wardens. The funniest thing is when I've left the plane in Moscow, almost no one around was in a mask. Crazy kindergarten in the plane, never again! And no food provided. The quality of the service and politeness of the staff is nowhere near fine. Only adepts of the disinfection church may enjoy this!
RouteZurich to Moscow
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"a day trying to contact customer service"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | On 19.07.2021 tried to buy Prague-Zurich ticket. Got to payment, Visa confirmation message, after this the screen became blank and there was nothing I could do. Checking my CC account - the payment was there. I spent a day trying to contact customer service, without success. Filled about 3 inquiry/complaint forms - no replay. After this I resolved to buy the same ticket through a booking company and it was a snap. Anyway it cost me a day of anxiety, irritation etc. As I am obliged to use Swiss due to luck of alternatives and in about 30% of cases I had problems with payments, web page problems and lamentable customer service. Have been flying swiss for about 35 years.
RoutePrague to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2021

"not even sitting together"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew from Los Angeles to Malaga Spain via Zurich. The good: the flights were pretty much on time. The bad: We paid extra to select premium seats. Did not make a difference as we got moved around sometimes not even sitting together. This would have only gotten me to remove one star except to enter Switzerland and Spain we needed to get Covid Healthforms with Q-codes. These forms needed seat numbers. As Swiss Air was playing musical chairs with our seating assignments they invalidated all our healthforms. This forced us to run around the day of the flights to edit Swiss and Spainish online forms and get new Q-codes issued. As our AirBnB did not have a printer I was running up and down the street trying to get a merchant to print out the new forms.
RouteLos Angeles to Malaga Spain via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"helped to solve all these issues"

Not Verified | I flew from Moscow to Los Angeles on September 9 from Domodedovo airport. Since the work with clients at this airport is awful and no one explained to me where the exit to international lines is, I could not immediately find my gate and missed the plane. My suitcase flew to Zurich, where I had a change plan. After a long time figuring out how to rebook my ticket and return my luggage, I was helped to solve all these issues quickly and easily. I am very grateful to the manager for this help, which relieved stress immediately. Please note his competence and willingness to solve the client's problem politely and quickly.
RouteMoscow to Los Angeles via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"not even a phone call!"

Trip Verified | My luggage was lost on Sunday, today is Tuesday and yet not even a phone call! The airline has just being careless of my belongs or of any feedback regarding my personal items!
RouteGeneva to Hamburg via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"not a really impressive airline"

Trip Verified | I decided to pay a bit extra and to try Swiss this time (Air Canada and Air Transat were $40 cheaper than Swiss and direct). At check in counter, agent was super friendly and checked my luggage without any extra charge to make my travel and transit at Zurich a bit more easier. Boarding and departure was on time. There was no "Welcome on board" greeting and smile but thats ok. Plane was clean except under the IFE tv screen, there was this thick layer of dust which I ended up wiping out. Right after the take off, crew gave out little snack of olive crackers and a whole can of soda, I asked for diet sprite and i was told straight up that only coke zero is available, still ok. Within an hour of take off, dinner was served, main portion was really small (two thin layers of beef and carrots and mashed potatoes), ample amount of salad, small dessert and two rounds of bread roll and drinks. Coffee or tea was served after dinner and then crew just disappeared. One particular crew member seems like she was forced to do this job, her attitude was very up-tight (take it or leave it), rest of the crew also seems like not really interested in doing their job. I was surprised when breakfast was served, it was just a muffin and a coffee, didn't expect that from swiss. Anyhow not a really impressive airline as I imagined (Air France and KLM are my only European airline choice from now on and lets not compare Swiss with Qatar Airways).
RouteMontreal to Paris via Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2021

"the way they handled my delayed baggage situation was absolute trash"

Trip Verified | EWR-ZRH-KBP. Staff in Newark were friendly. Boarding in Newark was on time, however departure was delayed because some cargo from the inbound flight spilled on the tarmac and needed to be cleaned before the flight could depart. Really? Why not send the flight out on time and clean up the mess after, so people can make their connecting flight? Crew on board was lovely and food was good. Arrived to Zurich 40 minutes late, this left me with 20 minutes to make it to the flight to Kyiv. Luckily, the flight to Kyiv was delayed 20 minutes, so this gave me 40 minutes total to transfer. I felt relieved and was sure all was well. Boy, was I wrong! In Kyiv I received an SMS that my luggage was left in Zurich! How is it that I was able to make it to my connecting flight, but my luggage was not? Zurich is not even that big of an airport. The bag was put on the flight to Kyiv the next day, and I was told they'd set up a delivery for me. Another day passes and no word of my luggage being delivered to me. I contacted Swiss customer service in Ukraine, and was told that it is not their responsibility. So you mean to tell me, I fly with your airline but the luggage that you transported for me is not your responsibility? I finally had enough and went to Kyiv airport myself to get my luggage. While the service on the ground and in the air were excellent, the way they handled my delayed baggage situation was absolute trash. I highly do not recommend Swiss to anyone.
AircraftA330-300