Swiss Intl Air Lines

"my 2 suitcases did not arrive"

Trip Verified | It has officially been my worst flying experience. I moved from Costa Rica to Berlin in the 21st of July, my 2 suitcases did not arrive at the airport. I spent hours trying to put a complain the same day. After a week I got back one suitcase, but he other one is still missing, it's about 3 months. Today is October 10th. I have tried to called them several times, there is no solution. I have written around 5 complains, no answer and no refund. I am moving from one country to the other, I really need my belongings. 15 days ago I received like a message from CLS express saying that they have found my suitcase and that they will bring it to my address. Wondering what happen? It never came. There is no way to contact them or the delivery agency. I was also told that visiting the airport will be helpless.
RouteSan Jose to Berlin via Zurich
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Swiss is definitely going down"

Trip Verified | Truly horrible first-class service from start to finish--from the ugly, low-cost lounges at JFK and Geneva Airports to the lack of car transportation & priority boarding to the way-below-average in-cabin service to the worst-ever customer service on the phone and by email. I will never fly Swiss again. My first-class seatback was broken (2A). They offered me a voucher for 50MB of free Wi-Fi on the flight (a $20 value), but the credit expired after watching just one TikTok video. The worst was the total absence of ground service, car transportation, priority boarding, first-class lounge with bathroom at JFK and Geneva Airport. Swiss is definitely going down.
AircraftA330-300
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNew York to Geneva
Date FlownOctober 2022

"never fly Lufthansa or Swiss Air again"

Trip Verified | I don't even know where to begin with the nightmare that is Swiss Air / Lufthansa. No one informed me when I booked wheelchair assistance for my mom at the time of booking our ticket, that she could not sit in the row with extra legroom and receive wheelchair assistance through the airport. The Swiss Air employees at LAX refused her wheelchair assistance, so my 82 year old mom who had back surgery earlier this year, had to walk all the way through LAX to our gate. Swiss Air sent me 3 emails during our trip, changing our seats each time, due to "equipment changes." We purchased our tickets 3 months in advance, in order to ensure that we had one aisle and one window seat with extra legroom for each flight, due to her history of blood clots in the legs. And without any thought, they removed us from our seats and stuck us in middle seats with no legroom. I spent approximately 3+ hours on the phone, of which I was disconnected 5 times. Swiss Air told me they could not help me with my seats and that I would have to deal with Lufthansa. I called Lufthansa and they said they would NOT help me because I purchased the tickets on Swiss Air so I would have to deal with Swiss Air. A continuous loop of BS and unaccountability. No one would help us with our ever-changing seat assignments. We even asked if we could change flights for our return back to LAX, and they said the fare difference would be $1350 per ticket. The day before our return flight back to Los Angeles, we received yet another email stating that my mom had no seat on the flight, AT ALL. When I called, I was subjected to one rude Swiss Air rep after another, all saying "sorry for the inconvenience, but there is nothing they can do" and that we would have to wait until we got to the airport in Milan. Swiss Air said that extra legroom fees are non refundable and they would not be able to refund the money from the seats that we originally purchased and were REPEATEDLY STOLEN from us. So let me get this straight. We paid WAYYYY too much money in the first place to purchase our original tickets 3 months in advance on through Swiss Air's website, paying extra for each segment in order to have extra legroom. Then Swiss Air changes our seat assignments 3 times, each time to a middle seat with no extra legroom. And to top it off, Swiss Air tells us we have to go through Lufthansa and Lufthansa tells us we HAVE to go through Swiss Air. I was so disgusted with both Swiss Air and Lufthansa that we finally gave up and purchased one-way tickets home on Emirates, which was the airline we should have flown to begin with. I will never fly Lufthansa or Swiss Air again.
RouteLos Angeles to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"lost our baggage in Zurich"

Trip Verified | The first flight was 1 hour late, then they lost our baggage in Zurich. One bag arrived 5 days late the other never got to our destination, but was shipped back home to Denver. We never got reimbursed for more than $500 worth of clothes that we had to buy in order to continue our travels. All the forms and emails we filed and wrote led us to nowhere.
RouteDenver to Amsterdam via Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"new low for a unjustified Premium price"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Narita. Unfortunately I got rebooked from ANA to LX because of flight cancellation. I avoid LH and LX on long distances because they offer much worse service than Asian carriers. So Swiss was always know to not be on par with ANA. But now they seem to have hit a new low. Flying premium economy with ANA gives you certain advantages. Lounge access, free choice of seats and a wide selection of on-board services. Swiss doesn't provide any of those. Their online a Check-in also didn't work. So my wife and I had to sit separately because we where only able to check in shortly before the flight. No assistance was offered. In flight their service is the worst. Rude CAs, cut Snack services and the Meals not available in Premium Economy. I understand covid has been hard on airlines. But the current state is new low for a unjustified Premium price.
RouteZurich to Narita
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"The worst gluten free meal ever"

Trip Verified | The worst gluten free meal ever. They served me a piece of cheese and a dry rice cracker for breakfast. Looks like they combine all meals together, gluten free and lactose free. Everybody else got yogurt at least. Dinner was horrible, dry rice and chicken. Seats are not comfortable, our butts were hurting.
RouteMiami to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"my seat was not available"

Not Verified | My flight had been booked using United miles but that should have made no difference. I tried about 6 times in 6 weeks to make my seat selection for this flight by phone. Each time I gave my credit card number to pay and the seat selected would show up for a couple days on both the Swiss Air and United websites and then disappear. My credit card was never billed. Then the final time my credit card was billed and I was assured everything was okay. When I got to the Geneva airport my seat was not available and I had to take another seat. Also on the phone I was assured that my luggage would be sent through to Dublin and that in Geneva I would be given a boarding pass for the LHR-DUB leg on Air Lingus. Neither of these happened. In LHR we had to technically leave the UK and enter again. Many times I could not reach a Swiss Air agent by phone and had to get a United agent to connect me! No way to run and airline.
RouteGeneva to London
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"cannot comply with your request for a compensation"

Trip Verified | Swiss Air response to a broken seat: "I understand the disappointment on board your flight. SWISS does offer goodwill, however, we have been subjected to numerous limitations. Hence, I regret that SWISS cannot comply with your request for a compensation."
RouteLarnaca to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"flight attendant could've been less rude"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Zurich. A flight attendant could've been less rude in telling me we were not supposed to plug into the charging station on the retractable TV stand prior to take-off. He came over and practically yanked out my USB phone charging cord with contempt. I could let that go as I'm sure he sees it all the time - not that I knew. But then halfway through the trip, I realized the padding on my seat was doing me no favors. My bum was sore and there was nothing much to do about it except sit on the pillow provided; the rest of the flight was full so I couldn't just move to a different seat. I didn't bother with any of the in flight entertainment but the food was forgettable. I suppose I have always associated the Swiss with high quality but that confidence has been shaken after this trip.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"disappointed for their on board service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I was on Singapore Airlines ticket but code share with Swiss Intl Air Lines on a SWISS airline operated plane. Boarded the plane and my colleague on the other aisle beside me was served champagne by an air steward and I asked for the same but he said I have to wait for the steward on my side to serve me. Very inflexible. When I asked the steward on my side, he said they ran out without offering me any alternative. Felt like a sub par economy class service here. When my main meal was served , it came all in one plate all at once, again like an economy class meal. During breakfast , they ran out of cheese spread for my colleague and she had to take mine. Very disappointed with SWISS for their on board service.
RouteSingapore to Zurich