Swiss Intl Air Lines

"offer me 45 Euros as refund"

Trip Verified | Plane arrived two hours late in Montreal, and then departed 2 hours late from Zurich. Arrived at destination my baggage missing (some others 20 people too). They brought my baggage 5 days later. After complaining, they will offer me 45 Euros as refund.
RouteMontreal to Bucharest via Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2022

"cabin crew were grumpy and unwilling to serve the passengers"

Not Verified | I paid 20 Swiss Francs for seat reservation only to find out at the airport that I was transferred to a middle seat which was not my choice. The reasons given were: organisational but the 20 Francs for the reservation were not refunded. This is fraud in my view. The cabin crew were grumpy and unwilling to serve the passengers.
RouteZurich to Belgrade
Date FlownMarch 2022

"informed the bag was delayed"

Trip Verified | Traveling with Swiss has been the worst nightmare. I boarded and check my bag in Milan. Once I landed in Newark and I was waiting for my bag, I was informed the bag was delayed and I had to submit a claim. After submitting the claim and after 4 days had already passed they supposedly found my bag in Cyprus. I called Customer Services in multiple occasions, sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't -- left 2 voice messages and they never return my calls. The information they give me when I call contradicts what the tracing systems shows. This is just a tiresome situation. One week has passed since my international flight and I still do not have my bag with me. I called customer service to inquire about reimbursement for expenses incurred and they indicated since I was in my permanent address they will not cover the expenses. I will not be using their service in the future. It's unpleasant and terribly inconvenient in general.
RouteMilan to Newark via Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"attendants were particularly wonderful"

Trip Verified | There was a center cabin section empty, economy section in the rear was mostly full. I asked the attendant if after take off could I move to the unoccupied section for more room. She said that because that plane was not full, the section was closed to balance the plane. They just did not want to give the customers a more pleasant flight by letting them spread out. My suitcase was damaged. just try and get anywhere on getting some compensation or repair for it. I have to say that the attendants on the flight were particularly wonderful. I should have gotten their names.
RouteZurich to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"I get no priority boarding"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent traveller with miles and more, and was in group 5 for boarding and Despite being star alliance silver I get no priority boarding. It was a quiet flight with about fifty people so no need for group boarding. They didn't do this on the way out from Zurich yet they did it from Brussels. I just find Swiss app and website poor.
RouteBrussels to Zurich
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"not refund me the full fees"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately due to red list rules we couldn't fly anymore but were given the opportunity to rebook which is fine. Only problem is we could only do so via the phone line, which was constantly busy. When it came time to rebook we had to travel in a few days, I called numerous times to no avail, to the point I had to book a whole new ticket with another airline. I keep getting a generic email that they will not refund me the full fees, just a nominal amount. I have raised a formal complaint after sending at least 4 emails refusing the outcome .
RouteLondon to Johannesburg via Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"a satisfying experience"

Not Verified | This was my first time in LX long haul in economy class, and all in all it was a satisfying experience. A330 from Dubai to Zurich about 50% load factor, A321 from Zurich to Berlin less than 10%, therefore, plenty of space which made it tolerable, but would have certainly be different, i.e. cramped, if it were full. Catering on Swiss longhaul is above average for economy these days, a light snack after departure and breakfast before arrival, a cold one though, and also several drink rounds. Flight attendants professional, but somewhat reserved and robotic. Haven't used IFE as it was overnight, but from a brief glimpse, content was not overwhelming and the system quite old with a rather small screen. Easy transfer in Zurich. European flights have gone to Buy On Board, only a small bottle of water and a piece of chocolate for free. Prices for drinks and sandwiches seem insane, even for Swiss standards 11 CHF for a sandwich is an impertinence.
RouteDubai to Berlin via Zurich
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will definitely recommend Swiss"

Not Verified | The service, food and overall flight was fantastic. I congratulate the airline a wonderful experience flying with you, I will definitely recommend Swiss.
RouteZurich to Montreal
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"redundant, repetitive checks in Mumbai"

Trip Verified | I booked it with Lufthansa and ended up with SWISS. Too many redundant, repetitive checks in Mumbai throughout the process which were time consuming. They checked all the documents while checking in then they repeated checking the names with passports again before entering the gates and they made an X-ray and metal detector checks right after entering the gates which were already done by security. All a total waste of time and with only one boarding gate open and they don’t accept our personal masks.
RouteMumbai to Zurich

"the worst website"

Not Verified | Dublin to Zurich. I use Swiss since years, but only if I have no other choice (I'm Swiss living in Ireland). They have the worst website of all airlines I ever used. It ends up most of the time that I actually have to ring them and book and fight for not having to pay extra because I could not book online. It is hard for me to accept that in 2022 Swiss still do not have a proper working website. I can book a flight with all European airlines in 10 min, but it takes 30 min and 3-4 attempts with Swiss still I just give up again.
RouteDublin to Zurich