Swiss Intl Air Lines

"The worst gluten free meal ever"

Trip Verified | The worst gluten free meal ever. They served me a piece of cheese and a dry rice cracker for breakfast. Looks like they combine all meals together, gluten free and lactose free. Everybody else got yogurt at least. Dinner was horrible, dry rice and chicken. Seats are not comfortable, our butts were hurting.
RouteMiami to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"my seat was not available"

Not Verified | My flight had been booked using United miles but that should have made no difference. I tried about 6 times in 6 weeks to make my seat selection for this flight by phone. Each time I gave my credit card number to pay and the seat selected would show up for a couple days on both the Swiss Air and United websites and then disappear. My credit card was never billed. Then the final time my credit card was billed and I was assured everything was okay. When I got to the Geneva airport my seat was not available and I had to take another seat. Also on the phone I was assured that my luggage would be sent through to Dublin and that in Geneva I would be given a boarding pass for the LHR-DUB leg on Air Lingus. Neither of these happened. In LHR we had to technically leave the UK and enter again. Many times I could not reach a Swiss Air agent by phone and had to get a United agent to connect me! No way to run and airline.
RouteGeneva to London
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"cannot comply with your request for a compensation"

Trip Verified | Swiss Air response to a broken seat: "I understand the disappointment on board your flight. SWISS does offer goodwill, however, we have been subjected to numerous limitations. Hence, I regret that SWISS cannot comply with your request for a compensation."
RouteLarnaca to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"flight attendant could've been less rude"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Zurich. A flight attendant could've been less rude in telling me we were not supposed to plug into the charging station on the retractable TV stand prior to take-off. He came over and practically yanked out my USB phone charging cord with contempt. I could let that go as I'm sure he sees it all the time - not that I knew. But then halfway through the trip, I realized the padding on my seat was doing me no favors. My bum was sore and there was nothing much to do about it except sit on the pillow provided; the rest of the flight was full so I couldn't just move to a different seat. I didn't bother with any of the in flight entertainment but the food was forgettable. I suppose I have always associated the Swiss with high quality but that confidence has been shaken after this trip.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"disappointed for their on board service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I was on Singapore Airlines ticket but code share with Swiss Intl Air Lines on a SWISS airline operated plane. Boarded the plane and my colleague on the other aisle beside me was served champagne by an air steward and I asked for the same but he said I have to wait for the steward on my side to serve me. Very inflexible. When I asked the steward on my side, he said they ran out without offering me any alternative. Felt like a sub par economy class service here. When my main meal was served , it came all in one plate all at once, again like an economy class meal. During breakfast , they ran out of cheese spread for my colleague and she had to take mine. Very disappointed with SWISS for their on board service.
RouteSingapore to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2022

"the worst customer service I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and I am a frequent flyer. They changed the flight times and then gave me the option to change the booking dates, but said I needed to call. The airline said I was entitled to a full refund. They told me to wait and I would receive all the money back and could re-book. I told them that the terms and conditions stated I can't get a refund, but they assured me that there was a change in times so I would. I then only received 100CHF from the 2000CHF flights. They even admitted that I was provided the wrong information but said 'the operator has been disciplined, however we will not give you any more of your money back'. They ignored emails, letters and phone calls. Did not care. I spoke to friends and this seems to be a common occurrence with Swiss Arline's. I had wrong info given by Easyjet in the past and received a voucher instantly. This company is awful. if you book flights with them, just hope there isn't a change or any mistake in the booking because you will never recover money if they make a mistake with your booking. It is not worth the risk, use any other Airline aside from this one.
RouteZurich to Sao Paolo
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I am so shocked by this treatment"

Not Verified | My flight got cancelled back in July 2022 and I never received a full refund, nor an email to let me know the flight was cancelled. I only received about 1/3 of the amount I paid. I have been calling and emailing Swiss Air for the past 3 months. Emails are useless no one answers. As for phone calls, I called the UK line (+44 345 601 0956) and was on the phone with an agent. He was extremely rude and didn’t want to bother with the issue saying I should go to “swiss.com”. When I wanted to double check that everything was in order and my case was sent to the investigation team and when I asked to repeat and make sure, he said and I quote “am I speaking to a child?”. I asked to be transferred to someone else on the phone but he didn’t. I am so shocked by this treatment and the people working in customer service should really know how to speak and be respectful!
RouteLondon to Geneva
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Shocked by the lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | Shocked by the lack of professionalism and rudeness of cabin crew. One of the female cabin crew was particularly poor. She failed to reset the video entertainment properly and when asked to do so again she asked if she was actually expected to walk through the aircraft to do it again. She was resentful and arrogant in the way she spoke to passengers. There is also a problem with the dreadful design of the premium economy seats. There’s no foot rest and it’s a sliding shell seat which doesn’t actually work. Not worth the money. Economy looked like a nightmare. The food in premium was very good. Seemed to be the same as business just served on a single tray. Swiss is clearly a low cost carrier now but they need to upgrade their staff with new cabin crew who are up to the task.
RouteSão Paulo to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Would not fly again with Swiss"

Trip Verified | I purchased 4 upgrades to business class from Paris via Zurich to Thessaloniki after the customer representative told me it's 330 CHF per person. In the end, I found out they charged double (8 x 330 CHF). Exactly the same amount for the small flight and one for the longer flight. They say they don't release any communication and there is nothing I could do. Never seen such a non caring airline. On top of that, our luggage was not transferred in Zurich and we arrived without it in Greece. Would not fly again with Swiss, there are plenty of alternatives luckily.
RouteZurich to Thessaloniki
Date FlownAugust 2022

"a very bad customer experience"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | On last July 14th my wife and children (3yo and 5yo) flew from Vienna to Bordeaux with Austrian, booked with Swiss Airlines. Originally the flight was scheduled at 9:35 in the morning, but they were not able to onboard due to a booking issue on Swiss Air's side. I accompanied them to the booking counter, where they had to wait for about an hour before someone helped us. A new booking had to be issued, and flying was not possible until 15:00. The new flights had then both delays - and my family finally landed in Bordeaux at 00:30 on July 15th, whereas the arrival was originally planned at 14:05 the day before. There is a compensation for these kind of cases, named "EC261-2004". Therefore I reported the issue to Swiss Air on their website. I only got an answer 2 weeks later, stating that the problem was not Swiss Air's fault, but occurred because of air traffic controller regulation. But it DOES qualify as a situation covered by EC261-2004. The booking was changed at the last minute by the company AND the flights had delays. Therefore I responded asking for a better answer, but the lady keeps turning me down. I then decided to call the customer service directly as it should be easier to clarify things over the phone, right ? So. I called and had to wait for more than 1 hour 10 minutes, with the worst voicemail I've ever heard. It really sounds like they are trying to discourage people! So, after 1 hour 10 minutes I finally got to speak to a lady and explained the whole story. I was quite angry at this point, and she recognized that we should receive a compensation. She then told me she was not responsible for this (seriously?) and gave me another e-mail address which I should contact. I sent an e-mail to this other address, more than 2 weeks ago (on August 29th), and all I got so far was an automatic response. There was a link in this mail, that should redirect to the contact list of Lufthansa's support. Guess what happens when clicking on the link ? I get this lovely message : "You don't have permission to access this resource on the server." This has got really tiring at this point. I feel like I have to fight for something that Swiss Air is deliberately ignoring because they don't want to take responsibility. This is a very bad customer experience, and I would definitely recommend not flying with them, because it just shows how much they don't care about their customers, let alone their poor support staff which is completely under water.
RouteVienna to Bordeaux