Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have been flying Spirit to Myrtle Beach since 2005 and have been happy yes there are delays sometimes however I like sitting on the ground instead of going in circles in the air. I agree on the weight of luggage why only 40 lbs and not 50. as far as the staff and service no problem. Going to MYR in 3 weeks I'll see if there are any changes to the bad.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Our first time flying with Spirit was March 2014. We boarded plane on time but sat waiting for over 1 hour with no explanation from the pilot or flight attendants. One passenger finally fed up made a comment to one of the flight attendants stating that someone should make some kind of announcement as to what was going on. Shortly thereafter the pilot made an announcement that the problem was an oxygen tank in the cockpit. Flight attendants were very rude and chatted amongst themselves most of the time. Our second and last time was the end of April. It should be noted both flights were booked at the same time otherwise we would have gone with another airliner. Flight was to leave at 7.20am but arrived late. Announcement was made that there will be a further delay because apparently the plane had hit a bird and it was to undergo an engine check. Pilots and flight attendants left the plane and 2 hours later it was fixed pilots boarded however no flight attendants were to be found another 1/2 hour passed before the attendants arrived. We finally boarded and made it home. On both flights the attendants could have been more respectful and just polite. Food purchases available could broadened. Flight #'s and info can be given if requested. We fly twice yearly at the least and would rather pay more to have polite attendants who keep their passengers inform if delayed have bigger seats and more choices for beverage and especially food.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My wife had a one hour flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa at 9.45pm. It was then delayed until midnight. There was no problem with the plane they just didn't have anyone to fly it! About a half hour before they were supposed to board the flight gets delayed again! This time they will not be leaving until 1am. This airline should be ashamed of itself. No compensation was offered just a half hearted apology. We will never fly Spirit again. I will pay extra to stay away.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This is an airline I will go out of my way to avoid. Small seats rude flight attendants delays and cancellations - it is the worst! They advertise super low fares but then charge you 3.00 for a glass of water and 25.00 for a carry on. They push a credit card application on you - promising mileage bonus coupons for completing it and turning it back in before you leave the plane. Then when you try to have the coupons applied to your account - they do not honor them. Complaints get you nowhere. It is not cheaper and I will pay extra to avoid this airline in the future.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Las Vegas from Minneapolis flight 763 April 12 2014. Return to Minneapolis from Las Vegas flight 612 April 19. We were worried after reading reviews however our first trip with Spirit was professional from the moment we traveled to Las Vegas and back.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband and I flew from FT. Lauderdale to San Juan this past weekend. The flight left on time and was fine! True this flight is only 2.5 hrs long if you are on longer flights the seats are tight. We have used our credit card for free spirit flights we've gone to L.A. twice to N.Y and now to P.R. Bring snacks reading material a deck of cards anything because there is no entertainment but for the cheap fares we'll make the sacrifice.

(Bahamas)

Santo Domingo to Fort Lauderdale. The worst nickle and dime airline I have been on. It started at the counter in Santo Domingo. I had purchased a $45 carry-on baggage online. When I got to the airport I bought some rum. As I was connecting to Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas I would not be allowed to carry the liquor through. So I placed it in my carry-on and decided to check it in. I told the Customer service rep that I did purchase a carry-on for $45 but needed the bag checked in. The seats are right on top of you. There is no space to stretch your legs. If I don't pay for an exit row it is an uncomfortable experience. Then you have to pay for everything water cookies chips anything. The only hot meal they can offer you is a Cup O noodle soup. After I arrived the international area was crazy. We must have arrived with 4 or 5 other airlines. I had to wait over 2 hours to clear immigration. When I entered the Customs area I knew I would miss my flight. I asked the Gate agent if she could assist me because I only had an hour and a half before my flight. The staff member walked off. I am sorry but that is not how you retain customers and I can assure you unless Spirit is the only airline flying somewhere I need to go I will never patronize this airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have flown Spirit several times in the past for the low fares and tolerate the bad service for the lower fares. I will never use Spirit again after what happened today. My wife's booked 2 tickets on the 4.25pm flight from D/FW to O'Hare. I was driving them to the airport at 2.30pm when she received an email from Spirit that the flight was delayed until 6pm. She checked the website and called customer service and confirmed the new flight time. We came home and then left at 4.20 to return to the airport. My wife checked the flight info and it was now moved back to the original time of 4.25pm. Once at the gate the agents explained that the delay was cancelled and that the flight was on time and it was our fault for not being at the airport at the original scheduled time. They recommended to catch the next flight at 6am the next day. Spirit reminded us the tickets were non-refundable and would give us vouchers for another flight to be used within 90 days. They finally agreed to refund the ticket prices when they verified they had sent an email about they new flight time however no deal on the $80.00 unused baggage fees we paid.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Terminal was overcrowded plane was full no movies no snacks not even water rough 5.5 hr flight. Seat belt sign on the whole time discouraging bathroom breaks especially for older people.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit isn't cheap as they advertise the cost of the ticket then the charge for a bag (even a carry-on is charged) $3.00 for water even more for snacks by the time you pay for everything it is around the same price as other airlines. The seats in Spirit are small I am a short average woman and I didn't even fit into their seats at least with other airlines I always have enough room. The airline staff were horrible they were always chit chatting with each other or someone they knew on the plane. I will never fly or recommend Spirit airlines.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]