Spirit Airlines

"Spirit is the worst airline ever!"

Not Verified | Spirit is the worst airline ever! I am a frequent traveler and try to travel on a budget, however, Spirit (once again) proves itself to be the airline that does not care about people’s time! They made us miss our delayed flight (NK703), while we were in the airport. They ask you to be at the airport at the original flight time and even if you are in the airport, they do not update any information board to let you know that the flight is boarding! There were 11 of us at the gate unable to board the airplane. They definitely missed my (and probably the other 10 people’s) business forever.
RouteNewark to Houston
Date FlownMay 2021

"they are very rude to deal with"

Not Verified | I would not recommend flying spirit to anybody. The service was terrible, and they are very rude to deal with. My family and a line of people missed their flight and they charged us a fee of 200 dollars. They must have over booked the flight because there were way too many people that missed that flight. I will keep this short but I will only forewarn you, never fly Spirit.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Cleveland
Date FlownApril 2021

"The staff were rude and unfriendly!"

Not Verified | I had the worst experience with Spirit Airlines, they are the worst airline if you are traveling with family! My 2 year old son was removed from the airplane for not wearing his mask while drinking a bottle! It was handled wrongly! The staff were rude and unfriendly! They ruined my families first Disney world trip due to a 2 year old wanting his bottle they treated us with the upmost disrespect! My wife and daughter stayed on the plane for the duration of the flight and the staff didn’t even offer a snack or drink.
RouteAtlantic City to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2021

"tried to charge me $60 for my purse"

Trip Verified | Staff are rude and useless and don't bother to help you. I had brought my free carry on and a small personal purse for my wallet, passport and pads and they tried to charge me $60 for my purse which is ridiculous. Worst airline ever, my experience was horrible, and I wont come here again.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Santiago
Date FlownApril 2021

"never fly with them ever again"

Trip Verified | The most horrible experience I had traveling with Spirit. The service was horrible, 3 dollars for an apple juice. Everything about the flight/airline was really bad. I will make sure I never fly with them ever again. if you have the money to pay more so it, don't go by cheapest airline specially with Spirit airline.
RouteBoston to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2021

"customer service is very bad"

Not Verified | They required people to carry just one personal item. This airline is a joke! The only time it is good for you is when you are quickly travelling with just one bag, it is the cheapest out there, but customer service is very bad!
RouteNew Orleans to Charlotte
Date FlownApril 2021

"To say that we are upset is an understatement"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever! Booked flights leaving from Austin to Cancun and they canceled the flight with absolutely notice to us. Had we not checked, we would have been in a real mess. Thought we would give them another chance and sure enough they canceled our May flights 4 days after booking. To say that we are upset is an understatement.
RouteAustin Texas to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2020

"paying more than flying any other airline"

Not Verified | This Airline may look like it is cheaper to book than other airlines but then you check in and you get charged 50.00 for a carry-on bag, and 15.00 for choosing your seats. You don't get any beverage or snack on the plane unless you pay for it, as well as no entertainment on the entire flight. Let alone having a tray table to eat anything. Seat are very uncomfortable, no arm room. You will end up paying more than flying any other airline. Never again
RouteOrlando to Newark
Date FlownApril 2021

"wouldn't let me change the name"

Not Verified | So I booked a trip for my friend and I. Well it was booked in March and we was going in May 2021. The customer service is very poor. So since they wouldn't let me change the name on the ticket I had to cancel trip all together they gave me credit and I have till end of Sept to book a trip by end of the year which is not possible. Will never book with spirit ever. So now I lost my money and the trip.
RouteDallas to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2021

"$60 for a carry-on (really?)"

Trip Verified | $60 for a carry-on (really?). Never again, some people fly for luxury but a lot of people fly out of need. Not fair that you have to pay for a carry-on when others airlines allow you one free. I will fly with Jetblue from now on..
RouteSan Juan to Philadelphia

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]