Spirit Airlines

"had to still overnight in airport"

Trip Verified | First sat in BWI with a One hour delay on November 23th with no reason why. Get to Atlanta then miss Marta cause it's CLOSED. So had to still overnight in airport. Now I'm sitting on plane for Dallas to BWI November 25th since 5:13am it's 8:34am. On the tarmac for what should of been a 2hrs 26mins. And we are still here.
RouteBaltimore to Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Spirit will steal your money and waste your time"

Not Verified | Booked flight in advance for my son to fly down for Thanksgiving. He arrived at the airport to check in 1 hr prior to flight (no luggage to check since they charge an absurd amount for luggage). He was told he did not arrive at the airport in time to board the plane since it had already boarded and would need to pay $100 to re-book for the following day. I have never flown an airline that boards the plane 1 hr in advance of departing! I am sure they overbooked the flight and bumped whomever they could along with making them pay extra to rebook. Spirit will steal your money and waste your time.
RoutePittsburgh to Naples
Date FlownNovember 2021

"They reel you in with low fares then sock it to you!"

Not Verified | Worst airline of all time! Airline tickets round trip online for 2 only $379. Then they rob you! Checked bags and carry on bags $60 each $240 each way total $480. If you want to sit together $44 each, $176 total. Very rude staff! There should be a law against this! They reel you in with low fares then sock it to you!
RouteCharlotte to Las Vegas

"the charges ridiculous"

Not Verified | The service is great, the charges ridiculous i paid for a check bag $50 my bag was over weight by 4oz they charge me another $50 for 4 oz then they charge me another $50 for my carry on and the flight was from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale total trip cost me 1 way $382.00. Never again and they get away with all of these scams
Date FlownNovember 2021

"flight was delayed for 3 hours"

Not Verified | Our flight was delayed for 3 hours causing us to miss our connection flight. Your flight attendants told us the connection flights would not leave without us. They clearly lied. Now I'm stuck in Ft. Lauderdale with a toddler and a child because there are no other flights leaving. Why couldn't you just delay the connection flight? So what am I supposed to do with two kids in this airport for the next 24 hours? If I had known you would have sent the connection flight without caring about those who didn’t make it We would have simply stayed at home in our beds until the next day.
RouteHouston to Montego Bay via Ft. Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Both flights were delayed"

Not Verified | Sad. Both flights were delayed from Denver to Detroit, and again from Detroit to Ft Myers. We still have not departed from Detroit. We have asked the desk for assistance several times. They have no answer. I have been on hold with customer service for at least 30 minutes with no response.
RouteDenver to Ft Myers
Date FlownNovember 2021

"You have to pay for snacks"

Trip Verified | Boston to Ft Lauderdale. You have to pay for snacks. Don't you think it's a bit unfair? Some passengers had to pay for their seats or they will place you anywhere for free.
RouteBoston to Ft Lauderdale

"Absolutely pitiful"

Not Verified | 1 hour to get bags in Orlando and 40 minutes in Richmond. No other flights waiting. Absolutely pitiful. I can’t imagine any logical reason it takes so long.
RouteRichmond to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Do not go for the cheap ticket"

Not Verified | Do not go for the cheap ticket. Worst flights I have ever been on. Could not check in online for our flight home. Talked to agents via live chat, text message, and on the phone. Not a single person could help me check in or pick my seats. We had to check in at the airport and by then all the seats with extra leg room were taken up. My poor tall husband had to be cramped for 4 hours and all they could say to me was, they were probably already taken up. Worst customer service on any airline I have ever traveled.
RouteFort Myers to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I will never fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | I will never fly Spirit again. I thought I was getting a good deal but there were hidden costs that made my total cost more than if I’d flown Delta. You have to pay a ridiculous amount for carry ons- both ways even for a round trip ticket. You have to pay for drinks and snacks. There’s no tv to watch. It’s just cheap. I also connected to their WiFi to and from my destination and it literally didn’t work. Super annoying. I will stick with Delta from now on.
RouteHouston to Atlanta