Spirit Airlines

"Never will we fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed 3.5 hrs due to no crew. When landing in Orlando , it took forever to get our luggage which made us late for our cruise in port Canaveral. We were not able to board the ship plus 5 other families were told it was too late. All spirit offered, was 3 $100 vouchers, no way is that enough compared to what we missed out on and what we lost out on. Never will we fly with Spirit again. You can't pay me enough to use this airline.
RouteBoston to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2019

"107 dollars for my one bag"

Trip Verified | Baltimore to Atlanta. They made me pay 107 dollars for my one bag with a skateboard in it. Saying that they a Skateboard cannot be in the bag and I have to take it out and take it on board and pay 55 extra for it. Never again I'm flying with them
RouteBaltimore to Atlanta

"They are the worst"

Not Verified | I came on here to let everyone that cares to listen know that you should not fly with Spirit Airlines. They are the worst. I read some previous reviews and can honestly attest to what they are saying about this airline not caring about anyone. They must either have the worst untrained pilots in the business or they just don't care about their customers. They delayed my flight twice and eventually they cancelled my flight even though they continued to check in the people that had a flight a couple of hours after ours. I ended up paying at extra $250 to get a flight home the next morning because all they could do is schedule on a flight two days later. I had to borrow money to cover my flight and then had to spend the night in the airport. The people at the counters are so rude that the girl helping just left midway and said that her shift was up. They also expect their customers to just politely accept the fact that they are screwing so many people over and not give a damn. There was a couple with a tiny baby and they did not know what to do but stay at the airport. They claimed that there was bad weather yet my aunt who was flying on United Airlines left an hour after my original departure time and flew to the west coast and got home before I did. I honestly do not think I will ever fly with this airline again and they should really not be in business. I wonder how many more disappointed customers have to suffer before the government shuts this company down. Money you save is not worth the headache you leave with. Spend the extra $100 or two and get your money's worth.
RouteBaltimore to Chicago

"Service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to La Guardia via Denver / Chicago. Service was horrible during all times. We sat in the airport for 6 hours in total. The air conditioning on the plane was so high and they couldn’t provide us with any blankets. We boarded once and then they asked us to get off for an hour and board again.
RouteLos Angeles to La Guardia via Denver / Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"sat in the airport for 10 hours"

Trip Verified | I just sat in the airport for 10 hours. Spirit Airlines canceled the flight after waiting 10 hours in the airport We were delayed for 2.5 hours due to no pilot. Finally Spirit boards us and lets us sit on the run way for 1.5 + hours and then forced us to deboard due to "weather" while countless flights departed all around us. With little to No updates ( unhelpful and not knowledgeable). It's 11:12pm here. They refuse to give anyone a hotel voucher because its due to 'weather'. This was the second flight with no pilot!
RouteWashington to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"she had no interest in helping me"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Newark. Please pay the few extra dollars and travel with a legitimate airline/trust worthy. My first time traveling with Spirit Airlines never happened. Here is why, I waited 12 hrs because the flight kept being delayed. After 12 hours I was told my flight was canceled, and I wasn’t able to get another flight for two days. Spirit said that they will not accommodate me because this was a weather issue. This is false information because my husband tracks the weather. Anyway the manger in Las Vegas was the nastiest person I have ever dealt with, she had no interest in helping me. As for the transportation department I was told that they have to reimburse customers. I’m waiting to hear from a rep and see how this plays out. I will never use Spirit again. This experience was enough they had no consideration I was traveling with a child.
RouteLas Vegas to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2019

"This airline is a nightmare"

Not Verified | Apparently this airline has a good reputation of canceling flights for no reason. Our initial flight got cancelled on our way into Cancun. We ended up getting a refund and rebooking another flight last minute. And on our way back home from Cancun, as we were waiting online for check in, we find out that our flight is cancelled. This airline is a nightmare and their customer service is horrible with wait times usually an 1+ hr.
RouteCancun to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2019

"absolutely ridiculous and terrible"

Trip Verified | Newark to Orlando. First of all I never review anything but this made me so fed up. They notified me at 3:01am after I had already gotten to the airport that my flight was cancelled to go back home. There were no other flights that date to go back home and out our a round trip ticket that I had paid $282 for, they only could refund me $87. Not to mention this is the second time I take this airline and it’s always the worst ride and most uncomfortable travel. Luggage is never included when you buy them either. Never again going to take this airline and I recommend nobody else does either. You’re far better off staying away from them. This was absolutely ridiculous and terrible.
RouteNewark to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Value wise not worth it"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Orlando. If you have any other option than Spirit Airlines go ahead and take it. Spirit is notorious for delays, overbooking and cancellations. When you actually get on the plane go ahead and pay extra for the wide seats upfront. Otherwise it will be uncomfortable. Value wise not worth it. You'd rather pay a little more for all the little things those other airlines provide.
RouteMinneapolis to Orlando

"fees on everything"

Trip Verified | Pittsburgh to Las Vegas. If you like fees on everything. If you like tight seating space. If you like change of departure and boarding gate. If you like difficulty in reaching customer service, then this is the airline for you. I'll never fly Spirit Airlines again.
RoutePittsburgh to Las Vegas

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]