Spirit Airlines

"Will never again use this airline again"

Not Verified | The worst experience ever, was supposed to depart from Richmond VA at 8.20 am, they had an hour and a half delay causing me to missed my connection flight in Orlando FL. Get there at 9.45am to be told the next flight was at 9.40pm causing me to miss work. Agents were rude, I’m diabetic, I ask if my bags were there so could take my meds, she told me it somewhere and went on to talking to her coworker and greeting staff so I was without my medicine for 12 hours. The flight finally took off at 9.40, get home at 2.08am, waited an hour cause my suitcase wasn’t there to be told it was still in Florida so still had no way to take my meds. Call customer services three times get hung up on, every time I ask for supervisor. Will never again use this airline again.
RouteRichmond to Indianapolis
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Don't go if Spirit is your only option"

Not Verified | I had to take time to write this review from how genuinely disappointed I was with this airline. I flew with Spirit for the first time on November 27th, 2021 leaving Miami, FL. By far the worst experience I have ever had with any airline. First off, the flight attendants were extremely rude, the seats are the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever encountered on a flight (I’ve flown Delta, AA, JetBlue, Frontier, Etc.). The cabin was very shaky and the bins were old and unstable, causing the entire plane to shake as if it were falling apart. Overall, this was my first and most definitely last time flying Spirit. Don't go if Spirit is your only option.
RouteMiami to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2021

"truly an asset to this airline"

Not Verified | I Just wanted to post a most necessary review complimenting 3 particular Spirit Airline employees that are truly an asset to this airline. This is the very first time that I have flown with Spirit and I must say that from the moment that I began my check-in; Daniel, Chyanne and Itiana were the most professional and helpful. They made the entire experience very delightful and pleasant. Above and beyond their duties they went. I wish every passenger could experience such a wonderful trio and their courtesy is most priceless. Glad you have them on your team. Because of them and their professionalism; I will be choosing Spirit Airlines again and again.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Orlando
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Never flying Spirit again!"

Not Verified | Spirit changed my flight twice and now made it a non direct flight. I would not have booked a flight with a lay over. They changed my flight last year too. I called and they only offered changing my flight to a different day! I already booked my out of the country hotel a year in advance so this was not a solution. Never flying Spirit again!
RouteBaltimore to Jamaica
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they break your Spirit"

Trip Verified | I finally know why this airline is called Spirit Airlines. First they break your Spirit, then they break your wallet. This was my first and last time flying with this airline. While every decent airline has a 50 pound weight limit for checked bags, dear Spirit here under tiny fine print has a checked bag limit of 40 pounds and also try to charge you an additional fees for any carry on bags. So on top of the 120 dollars I purchased for 2 checked paid I got to pay an additional 100 dollars for them being at 50 pounds. Both trips airplanes ran late on top of a rude Nazi like staff. Planes are tiny and packed to capacity, and seats do not even recline and are super uncomfortable. They charge for everything including wifi and try to scam you in other ways. Please do not fly with company or you will end up paying twice as much for a better quality airline.
RouteMontego Bay to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Their seats are miserable"

Not Verified | Trip to Orlando from Ohio was delayed for an hour due to the plane arriving late and mechanical issues. Trip to Columbus from Orlando was delayed over an hour for the same reasons. Their seats are miserable and their logistics must be awful.
RouteColumbus to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2021

"they’re the ones who lost my bag"

Not Verified | They sent my bag to Vegas instead of Fort Lauderdale. Reassured me that they would send my bag to Fort Lauderdale from Vegas, they never did! When I arrived back to Kansas City I was told to call a number which I couldn’t get through for days. Finally talked to someone who told me I needed to call a different number. I called that number and they said I needed to file a claim and submit my receipts where I had to spend money I didn’t plan on spending on the items I already had in my bag! I submitted my claim with all my receipts. I received an email from spirit 30+ days later saying I missed the deadline to submit a claim which I weren’t aware of any deadline. They refuse to reimburse me even though they’re the ones who lost my bag!
RouteKansas City to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2021

"best stewardess I have ever encountered"

Trip Verified | Latricia Stewart was the best stewardess I have ever encountered. I fly six or more times a year and would like to extend the highest compliment for personality, friendliness, care and concern to this lady. Spirit did great as well. Got to Cancun and back safely and on time.
RouteCancun to Baltimore

"Disgraceful service"

Not Verified | This airline cannot even handle a 2 hour flight professionally. Crew arrived, flight cancelled, passengers not informed, waited 3 hours then sat on runway for one hour because they had no one to load bags into baggage. Missed our car pickup and had to wait in until the next morning and pay an extra $100 for late car pickup. We tried to discuss some form of professional responsibility from this airline but they clearly didn’t care. Fly another airline at all costs . Disgraceful service, never again will we fly this airline
RouteMiami to Laguardia
Date FlownNovember 2021

"We had an excellent experience"

Trip Verified | We had an excellent experience. All flights were on time. Staff was friendly and helpful. Absolutely zero issues. Our tickets cost about half what they would have with competitor airlines. We downloaded our own shows to watch. Seats were functional. Aircraft was very clean. Thank you, Spirit!
RouteAtlanta to San Jose, Costa Rica via Fort Lauderdale, FL