Spirit Airlines

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified |  Has to be the worst airline ever. I see why their counter hardly has any customers. The flight was cancelled and they couldn't even send me an alert that it was cancelled. I was told by people at the airport Spirit doesn't like flying in the rain so if its raining its going to get cancelled. Now I have to wait 90+ days for a refund because they have so many refund requests. This was my first and last experience with Spirit.
RouteSan Diego to Las Vegas

"never fly this airline"

Trip Verified |  Never will I use this airline! I was to fly out on a Wednesday at 9am, they cancelled the flight for no reason, I changed airport to New York then cancelled that one so back to NJ airport for 11pm flight then they delayed that one! Coming home was the same thing delayed, delayed. Seats are so tiny felt like I was in a sardine can, flight attendants have no personality, awful experience! I should have just used United or American Airlines! Do yourself a favor and never fly this airline!
RouteNewark to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2023

"the worst airline I’ve flown with"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airline I’ve flown with and I don’t think I will ever use this airline ever again. They messed up our flight from Oakland to Dallas Fort Worth since they delayed our connecting flight to Las Vegas for some “odd” reason and we didn’t know that until we checked our bags in at Oakland that following morning. The next flight out was the next two days and one of the spirit employees at the ticket desk almost messed up our flights again due to him not understanding what we were wanting to do like you don’t understand that we are trying to get a flight back to DFW since they messed up our flight in the beginning. It’s funny how they can’t fully refund our flights, but they give us a $50 voucher to use for the next flight like that’s not gonna cover anything since the flights are around $100-1,000 per person so it’s pointless. I just don’t like this airline since they have a terrible system and especially the credit card they use for “points” that goes towards your flights when in reality the points that they’re wanting is a lot and you have to spend quite a bit on the credit card to even get a flight for only using points and it doesn’t even cover the bags? Don’t book flights with them unless you want to deal with a lot of cancellations.
RouteOakland to Dallas Fort Worth via Las Vegas

"Joke of an airline"

Trip Verified | Returned home last night on a Spirit flight (New Orleans to Las Vegas) wherein the lack of professionalism displayed by flight attendants was off the charts. I had a second row seat (for an extra $350 bringing the total RT ticket price including 1 checked bag to $1,100) so I was a couple of yards from their party. Yes, party. All they did was drink something from a plastic cup and howl hysterically over each others jokes - for 4 hours. If service was requested, they simply scowled at you. I did manage to acquire a single glass of wine. I brought the empty cup and mini bottle to the front on my way to the restroom and an attendant became unhinged yelling at me for breaking protocol as all garbage needed to be handled with gloves. OK, but just let me know politely, I have not read the manual. Never again. Joke of an airline. Hidden fees, always late, rude staff. No thanks.
RouteNew Orleans to Las Vegas

"the absolute worst"

Trip Verified | The service quality of this airline is the absolute worst. Not only do they nickel and dime you in every way possible, but their customer service essentially laughs in your face when you need their help. I cannot stress enough how awful this airline is and would urge everyone to pay a little extra to go with one of the more professional airlines. Spirit has earned it's reputation with average reviews of 2/10 stars and lives up to it in every way.
RouteChicago to Sacramento via Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2023

"never travel with Spirit again"

Not Verified | This is by far the worst airline ever. I booked a flight for my daughter. The flight was delayed from Las Vegas. She had a connecting flight from Detroit which also got delayed. However she got an email that she was now booked on a flight the next day. Despite all her efforts and pleas they refused to put her back on the same day connecting flight and refused to issue a refund. They were also very arrogant and misbehaved with her. We will never travel with Spirit again even if it is the last airline in the world.
RouteLas Vegas to New York
Date FlownMarch 2023

"Customer service was awful"

Trip Verified | 3 hours before a 6 am departure my flight was delayed so that my Spirit flight connecting flight would be missed. This required a 24-hour layover instead of the scheduled 90- minute layover. So instead of arriving on a Saturday at 1pm, l would arrive on a Sunday at 7pm. Customer service was awful and only offered me a refund. They refused to provide me with any assistance whatsoever. I had to book a flight with a different airline last-minute at a big cost.
RouteOakland to Kansas city
Date FlownMarch 2023

"worst experience of my life"

Trip Verified | This has been the worst experience of my life taking a flight. My flight to Cancun was canceled, I remained stuck in Orlando with them proposing me either to go to Texas and sleep in Houston airport to take the 7:45 flight to Cancun the day after, or to sleep in the Orlando airport to take the 4pm flight the day after! I am shocked by the fact that their lateness seems systematic somehow, the times indicated will never be the ones really applied. I am French, and if I had known beforehand the reputation of spirit amongst the American airlines, I would have definitely invested a hundred more bucks to get a more reliable company.
RouteAtlanta to Cancun via Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2023

"delayed for 4 hours for no reason"

Not Verified | My flight to Salt Lake City from Orlando was delayed for 4 hours for no reason. On the way home we were delayed due to the “plane being too hot”. It was 14 degrees outside. Finally when we boarded, one of the staff members got sick so we needed to wait another 30 minutes. When we finally arrived back to Orlando on this flight we went to claim our bags and it took over 2 hours for our bags to appear. Not only did it take forever to get out bags, but the staff had no idea where the bags were going to come out from. They had us running around from section to section to check. This 2 hour delay after our previous delay made us get stuck in rush hour going home and overall caused a 6 hour difference.
RouteSalt Lake City to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2023

"refused to give me a refund"

Not Verified | Spirit airlines are not credible. They have refused to give me a refund for my return flight. I gave them my confirmation number severally and send several messages via their online chat but they did not respond to my messages. I don't know how people run business like that. How do people even enjoy spirit airlines with their inefficiency
RouteIndianapolis to Newark