Spirit Airlines

"made our short flight the best ever"

Trip Verified | Been on a lot of flights with different Airlines. Have never met a Flight Attendant that was so enjoyable. Monica or Monique made our short flight the best ever. Her interaction, demeanor and overall joy in her work, made a huge impression not only on myself but others as all. I just wanted to take this moment to acknowledge some good and to tell her job well done.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pittsburgh
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Extremely rude, belittling, and hypocritical"

Trip Verified | The flight attendants threatened that I would be fined $10-50K for not wearing my face mask. If that doesn’t make it obvious that they don’t care about our health I don’t know what will. I was drinking water when she came up to me and said that I would be fined or that police officers would be waiting for me when we landed if I didn’t put my mask on. She also told everyone over the microphone that if they tried to keep their face mask off by eating “m&ms” slowly they would also get fined. Who gave her this much authority? I thought I was paying them to serve me not threaten me. They were also extremely hypocritical because while she was telling everyone to wear a mask she took her mask off to speak into the microphone. Also, the pilots wear not wearing a face mask while in their cabin. Here’s a picture of the flight attendant without a mask on. Extremely rude, belittling, and hypocritical.
RouteColorado to Houston
Date FlownNovember 2021

"total overcharge was over $200 "

(Israel)

758723I booked a flight through my travel agent, paid for the ticket, and received the confirmation code. During the online check-in, I entered the confirmation code via my cellphone, I added a suitcase with my credit card, and after submitting the request, nothing happened. I reconnected using a PC and redid the process, adding services (suitcase, seat selection, and expedite security). A week after the flight, I checked my credit card and was amazed. Spirit debit me once again for the flight ticket already paid by the agent. Moreover, they charged me twice also for the suitcase, and the total overcharge was over $200 for a $115 ticket. I immediately filled a compliment at their website with all the details, provided all the documents, including credit and bank statements. However, the Spirit agent repeatedly replied, "The records indicate that there is no overcharge on the record." It seems Spirit airline chose to ignore the provided records and the situation, and all I wrote was just disregarded!
RouteBoston to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2021

"my luggage was over 3 pounds"

Not Verified | I traveled to Las Vegas and it was my worst plane trip of my life, I will never use this airline again, 5 hours of travel without wifi available, uncomfortable seats, you have to pay $ 60 for luggage and also $ 60 for carry on, a horrible service at the desk, you have to pay for the seat and they wanted to charge me 50 dollars because my luggage was over 3 pounds, the ticket that cost $ 167 plus $120 for luggage and carry on, and $ 40 for the seat, total $327, in a plane super uncomfortable and without wifi.
AircraftAirbus A319
RouteFt Lauderdale to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I don’t see you being cheaper at all"

Not Verified | On Oct 28th my daughter and I was going to ATL for my sisters funeral. Our flight with Spirit departure was 10.13am, the flight left at 9.20 am. Doors were closed and we were told they couldn’t let us board. We watched it leave us. I had to buy 2 more tickets and take a later flight which caused us to spend the night in California and Denver. The unnecessary money this flight cost me I don’t see you being cheaper at all. That extra money was meant to help my family and thanks to your unprofessional service I couldn’t. Spirit is not cheaper, the price it cost me we didn’t get to view my sister for the last time. We won’t fly again with you nor recommend you to anyone. This is what greed looks like on Spirit flights. We barely got a half a cup of water.
RouteAustin to Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2021

"it was way more than I expected"

Trip Verified | First time using this carrier and it was way more than I expected from and economy airline. Everyone from the ticketing people to the flight attendants and gate agents were great. My trip from Atlanta to Austin Texas and back went better than expected. I'll fly with them again.
RouteAustin to Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2021

"will never fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | Their customer service is garbage. They messed up our ticket times and I’ve been running after them for 3 weeks for a refund. Extremely unprofessional and rude. Every representative and supervisor that I spoke with gave me a different story. Do better or shut down. My family and I will never fly Spirit again.
RouteLos Angeles to Colorado
Date FlownNovember 2021

"This is absolutely ridiculous"

Trip Verified | We paid for two bags 56.00 dollars each. One our our bags was 10 pounds extra weight which we were aware of and wanted to pay the extra weight. However for only 10 pounds extra, we paid 50.00 dollars extra. This is absolutely ridiculous, if we knew how ridiculous the prices were when we would have opted to pay for a carry on for 42.00 dollars or just another bag and bring more things from Colombia. Worst airline for sure!
RouteBogota to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2021

"cut every single corner"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | It's incredible how Spirit manages to keep finding new ways to show their customers how little they care. From an abysmal check-in experience with a site and app that just fail with no explanation 70% of the time (and the slowest, least competent agents they could find to address this), through tiny, cramped planes used for long international flights, lacking even basics like charging ports (not to mention any kind of entertainment, needless to say), and finally charging extra for literally everything, including _water_. You can really feel the great efforts they've gone to in order to cut every single corner.
RouteLima to Houston via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2021

"pricing for bags is ridiculous"

Not Verified | Orlando to Dallas Fort Worth. The flight itself was great. However, the pricing for bags is ridiculous! I bought my check bag online for $40.00 but when I got to the airport it was over weight by 14 lbs. so I knew I was going to have to pay a little extra but when I found out that it was $50.00! That is absolutely absurd! I would have understood if it was even $20.00 a little over half the cost of what I paid for a 40 lb. check bag. Dallas Fort Worth to Orlando the flight was perfectly fine even for a smaller plane. The biggest issue I have is the bag drop off. I paid online for a check bag that was $40.00 however when I got to the self check in to print the tag it said my bag weighed 53.1 lbs. so I paid the $75.00 (which is absurd) for an over weight bag. Just to find out that when i went to drop my bag off that scale said my bag was 38.7 lbs. So I asked for a refund to which the lady told me that they do not refund on bags but can give me a credit so I said okay that is fine. She told me that an email confirmation was sent to my email. Again to only find out that that was a lie! I gave the email over night to come in.... nothing!
RouteDallas Fort Worth to Orlando