Spirit Airlines

"worst experience flying ever"

Not Verified | This is the worst experience flying ever. We could never purchase the bags via there website because of issues with there website so we had no choice but to purchase in airport for a ridiculous amount. We tried several times and could never complete the purchase online so we go to the desk and they tell us they will charge us an additional 10 dollars per passenger since we did not use the Kiosk to check in. We said we would go to the kiosk to do this but could we come back without doing (a 45 minute line) to do so since we already did it, but the attendant said no. We would have to do the line again which in effect would make us miss our flight. Of course she knew this and knew we could not do this .. so $10pp gone.. plus charges for overhead, for bags ended being $350. Our flight got delayed, so we need to spend the night in Vegas, but got no help, no hotel, nothing - they basically just told us to go talk to the wall. I will never fly this airline again, it is the worst airline you can imagine.. If you want to fly with Spirit to save money, I can tell you don't.
RoutePhiladelphia to San Diego via Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst airline I’ve ever been to"

Not Verified | Absolutely do not recommend this airline, the comfort is alright in the seats but everything is so packed up and barely have much space. As well as the staff are charging way to much for luggage and the difference between carry one and personal items are literally barely any difference. Honestly worst airline I’ve ever been to.
RouteAustin to Cancun
Date FlownAugust 2022

"customer service refused to refund"

Trip Verified | The worst company ever, coming from someone from a third world country. That company is nothing but trouble. I was promised to be fully refunded even after paying with credit after we were stuck in the plane that could not take off for almost 4 hours, then the customer service refused to refund, being insensitive, and uncaring.
RouteSan Diego to Chicago via Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Never fly with these people"

Not Verified | Absolutely pathetic. Forced to stay on a plane for close to 2 hours before we finally took off. Which then caused me to miss my connection flight in Vegas and they couldn’t do anything for me. Told me politely kick rocks and wait for the next flight, which is 3 days out mind you. They wouldn’t offer a full refund and offered absolutely no accommodations for the fact they made me miss my flight and left stranded in Vegas for 3 days. Never fly with these people. Everything about this airline is trash and good luck getting help from any sort of customer service. Needless to say this airline lacks integrity for themselves and their passengers.
RouteBoise to Las vegas
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I was getting charged $98 for my bag"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience with Spirit Airlines. I was on my way back from a Trip visiting my son so at that point it was my 4th flight in a week. I had no issues with my bag on the 3 other flights. But as we were boarding Spirit Airlines from LAS to SLC I was told that I was getting charged $98 for my bag (the only bag i had) it was literally the last money i had for the month since i am on a fixed income. What was worse was watching what happened to 2 other passengers that were supposed to be on my same flight. These passengers had trekking poles (collapsible walking sticks) They told them that they could not get on the flight unless they paid for both walking sticks. They explained they didn’t have any money and it was a layover flight, unfortunately the last I saw them, one of them was crying because they couldn’t get on the flight. I will avoid any trip that has even a 10 minute flight with Spirit Airlines
RouteLas Vegas to Salt Lake City
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Tried to keep our insurance money"

Not Verified | Terrible, this airline is a scam. Canceled our flight without even a phone call. We would've missed our flight if we hadn't checked. Tried to keep our insurance money even though they canceled the flight and couldn't even care enough about the customer to give a call so we could better prepare. Flights are cheaper with other airlines with better customer service.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I am never flying Spirit again"

Not Verified | The tickets were very cheap, but at the gates they made me pay $200 because I had a carry on bag. I thought this airline was supposed to be cheap. The seats are rock hard. The person sitting next to me literally rested their Ipad on my foot so they could watch a movie. I could've spent that $200 on a better airline instead of a carry on bag. I am never flying Spirit again. I am so disappointed.
RouteTampa to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Do not be fooled by their lower prices”"

Not Verified | Buyer beware! I booked this airline because I thought I was saving money, based on the posted prices for checking bags. I even received an email the day before the flight with an advertised discounted rate for checked bags. However, when I clicked on the link in the email, it took me to the website where the price was $17 higher for each checked bag!! To add insult to injury, when I called to ask for assistance, I was told that if the agent helped me it would actually cost more. Bottom line, Spirit Airlines does not honor their posted prices or the prices quoted in their promotional emails. Do not be fooled by their “lower prices”.
RouteAtlanta to Baltimore

"customer service obsolete"

Trip Verified | Terrible. Sat on flight for over 2 hours before takeoff. No water provided. Seats are crammed, customer service obsolete. Didn't save anything after the excessive baggage charge. Think your going to save with Spirit think again.
RouteLos Angeles to Las Vegas
Date FlownAugust 2022

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | I went to check by luggage and they returned said we needed luggage tags. So we went back to kiosk and attendant helped us tells us to put our bags on scale. my husband tried to put both she said no individually and and charged us $155 which is ridiculous. We then went to drop off bags and that attendant to bag on scale when l put one bag on scale she then said no both bags than tells us we have to pay another $55 for 3lbs overweight. TAnd than wanted to charge additional $30 per person to get seats assigned. Once we boarded the seats hard and they charge for everything. I would not recommend this airline nor fly this airline again!
RouteDetroit to Tampa