Spirit Airlines

"will never fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | Had flight scheduled back with my family from Las Vegas and all ID's passed through security checkpoint but mine. Agent said I needed boarding pass, which Kiosks was not working and ticket agent was too busy to get to. My niece was at gate and had agent print my boarding pass. Rushed it to checkpoint, but missed flight by 5 minutes. While I don't understand why my ID did not work (never explained to me), Spirit Airlines customer service at the ticketing and gate was awful. I was told numerous times by LA ticket agent that she did not care about my family missing flight. I have flown many airlines but will never fly Spirit again after this experience. I called customer service next day after spending night on my dime and rebooking with different airlines. They promised me refund for me and family for missed flight and bagged. Called back two weeks later for status and customer service said refund was canceled? You pay what you get for, so if you want cheap flight, terrible customer service and very good possibility of delayed or missed flights, book Spirit. If not, look elsewhere as I sure will
RouteColumbus to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2022

"the staff are extremely rude and disrespectful"

Not Verified | Spirit Airlines flight 718 to LGA from DFW are know for their cheap fare. I took a red eye Thursday morning for work and there’s no better way to say the staff (from the gate agent to the stewardess) are extremely rude and disrespectful. I watched one by one as they were rude to 90% of the guests boarding their flight. Not 1 “Hello” not 1 “Good Morning” even watched as they told a lady traveling solo with 2 small children to hurry and take a seat. From the time I arrived at the gate these “workers” energy had me immediately cancel my return flight as I will not put up with rudeness of this kind. Especially when myself and many others “pay your salary”!
RouteDallas to New York
Date FlownDecember 2022

"their staff are very rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Spirit is a scam! They are always overbooked so they do everything to keep you out of your flight. They play with your time to pass 45 min to your departure time and then won't let you get in the plane unless you pay them almost $200! To just change the flight and wait for hours or days. They charge you for everything that you consider light weight and normal personal item for almost $200. The plane is a piece of junk and their staff are very rude and unprofessional. Shame on you and US governments that let such a big fraud work here freely.
RouteDenver to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2022

"scam you out of hundreds of dollars for a bag"

Trip Verified | I cannot stress enough what a complete rip off this airline is. This was our first time traveling alone (without our parents) and had 2 carry in’s each ( duffle bags) Spirit made an announcement that if you had any bags, they needed to be tagged. We took, what we considered “carry on” as they were small and light, but was charged $198. We were appalled but had no choice if we wanted to make our return flight. My mom has now been waiting over 1 hour and 45 min to speak with anyone. It’s all SMS so she probably won’t ever get our money back. So disappointing that airlines offer great flight rates to travel but then scam you out of hundreds of dollars for a bag that fits under the seat. Not to mention the attendants were rude as well. Save yourself the financial surprises and choose another company. Oh, and a Sprite will run you $4.
RouteLos Angeles to Houston
Date FlownNovember 2022

"worst experience with Spirit"

Trip Verified | My first and worst experience with Spirit. They customer service is awful, they don't care about your money and time. We were at the boarding pass gate 45 min before flight and they had us to go to the self check in baggage instead helping us with passing board and took us 5min,then went to the boarding pass and they said now we can't do anything and you missed the flight because it passed 45 min! They didn't let us to enter to the flight even without bags. The only thing that the supervisor knew to say was No. Not helpful at all. They had us to change the flight for a day later with a connection and also paying extra money. With a new born baby we have to find a place to stay and cause us a lot of money and time.
RouteDenver to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2022

"will never fly Spirit again"

Trip Verified | They changed my flight because of a delay and then lost my bags and are absolutely no help trying to find my bags. They have a bunch of phone numbers that are all rabbit holes, no answers, no solutions. I personally will never fly Spirit again. I hate unprofessionalism and spirit is the poster boy for unprofessionalism.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2022

"charged me $100 for the grocery bag"

Trip Verified | I Booked my flight paid for a checked bag. Go to the airport my bag was over 40lbs so the lady told me to pay $70 or take some items out and put in a grocery bag which I did I then get to my gate they and then charged me $100 for the grocery bag, my carry on was my purse a small purse that go over my shoulder - the lady should’ve told me that they were going to charge me $100 for it. For all of that I could’ve just paid the $70 because it was over by 8lbs. Then I get on my flight we are boarding and I put the grocery bag in the cubby it was a single one by itself and the flight attendant says we need to take it out because they need more space and I’m like no I just paid $100 for this bag to get on the flight I just feel like I should be credited back $100.
RouteAtlanta to Baltimore

"awful experience"

Trip Verified | I would avoid this airline at all costs. First my flight was delayed resulting in me missing my connecting flight. Second I was charged $99 for my carry on bag. My carry on bag cost more than my flight. When I tried checking my carry in online it was no where to be found forcing me to pay extra when I got to my gate. The airplane has absolutely no leg room. I am 5’8 and my knees were pressed against the seat in front of me. It was also freezing in the airplane being blasted with cold air the entire flight while is 40 degrees outside. Overall awful experience and will make sure to be avoiding this airline in the future.
RoutePortland to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2022

"gate was changed last minute"

Trip Verified | Terrible! I paid a pretty penny for these tickets: $260 one way. And yet, the gate was changed last minute, the boarding was late and worse a $99 charge was added to my account because of a small bag! Small! Worse, 2 minors were refused entry because their bag was too big and they couldn't pay with cash. They were left crying at the gate. I tried to help pay but they said they were closing the gate. They shut down the front desk before all people were processed. Never ever again. This company wont exist in 2 years. Mark my words
RouteIndianapolis to Tampa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"The worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Horrible airline! The worst customer service. I paid for a trip that I needed to cancel and rebook. I supplied all the information they requested, had numerous chats and was not responded to. They kept my $450+ seats and bag check that I paid for. I have never had an airline be so unresponsive. It will always be a win for them and a lose for the customer!
RouteMiami to Detroit