Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit cancelled my daughter's flight from Orlando to Vegas. #3 planes had "mechanical difficulties". They gave her a flight the next day at noon. Got there and the ticket said the flight was for 11.15 take off. they didn't take off until 11.54. she is laying over in Houston for 10 hours with 2 little girls and her dog. I tried to get them to give her a flight on another airline and got a run around and one person pointing the finger at the other. Beware you get what you pay for and they are the lowest in every sense of the word.

Spirit Airlines customer review

If you are unfortunate enough to possess a future ticket with this airline good luck actually getting in the air. This is my first and last trip on this airline. My first flight to my destination was 2 hours late. My return home flight was grounded due to an error in maintenance records. This airline do not have a fleet large enough to supply replacement equipment. My flight out of DFW at 3.39pm is the last flight of the day to Orlando. By the time you pay their fees to get a seat and carry on a bag to sit in a cramped seat that doesn't even recline you will spend the same amount on a reputable airline and actually reach your destination.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Do not use this airline. We did because we thought it was cheaper. Not so! Not only do they charge for checked bags they charge for carry on as well. Also if you do check in online. When we boarded we found French fries and other food matter on our seat and on the floor. he plane was filthy. As soon as the doors were closed we were told there was no running water on board. The toilets did not flush because of this. You can imagine the stench. They put coffee bags taped to the restroom wall to help with the smell. Really? Furthermore no free anything. We paid for soda couldn't get coffee or tea (no water) and the flight attendants were all inexperienced.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Planning an evening flight to Las Vegas our intention was to sleep for the majority of the 5 hr and 45 min flight. That didn't happen. The party plane was in full swing from the moment they closed the door halfway through they reported that they had run out of alcohol. Needless to say the small seats were that much smaller when everyone around you is drunk. Fast forward to our flight home this flight (from Las Vegas to Philly) was cancelled due to weather. After booking another night at our hotel we learned that they had put us on a flight leaving in a few short hours. The final kicker was when we realized there was no flight from Las Vegas to Philly showing at either airport. All in all it was a major hassle and then the flight home was packed tighter than the flight there. Never again will I fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight from Philadelphia to Las Vegas. Worst 5 hours I have experienced. It was dirty claustrophobic and they had the nerve to charge for a carry-on. My first and last time flying with this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My family of 4 traveled for the third time with Sprit from Dallas to Los Angeles. For the third time we had a great experience. Staff have always been very cordial and helpful. On our latest trip we had a storm while we were gone that required us to come home a day early. After thinking we might need to pay hundreds of dollars to change our flight they ultimately allowed us to move our flight up a day for a minimal change fee. In addition to Spirit going the extra mile to help us out the whole experience was great. The plane seats and interior appeared new and clean the seats don't recline which while maybe being less uncomfortable for you you also don't have the person in front of you invading your space. With Spirit if you understand that they are a pay for each service airline and read the fee lists you can fly for a lot cheaper than other airlines without being blindsided by a surprise fee. We flew for nearly half the price of the next airline. If only they flew out of OKC.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit is the worst airline I have flown. I wouldn't recommend this airline to my worst enemy. The fare was low but with all the extra costs along the way (which is pretty much everything) we would have been better off buying a more expensive ticket on a better airline. There are no complimentary drinks or snacks and the seats do not recline. The flight was delayed an hour and our baggage took way too long to come out causing us to miss our bus home. Will never fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Thought I got a good deal on tickets until I paid for luggage! One average size suitcase and one carryon cost nearly the same as the ticket. Total deception and run around on pricing. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Round trip on Spirit with one-way duration of 3 hours. The reason I chose Spirit Airline was price. On the outbound trip I had to pay $45 because my suitcase was 0.5 inch wider than their measurement. This suitcase has been used all the time for carry-on baggage with many different airlines never with any problems. Once on board the flight attendants one male and one female never smiled. Neither did they provide a single complimentary drink not even tap water for 3+ hours. They simply force you to buy their merchandise. Before the end of the trip the do-not-know-how-to-smile male attendant made three announcements to urge travelers to sign up Spirit credit card and how many benefits you would get with those cards all within half an hour. On my return trip things get worse. Though I gave away my half-an-inch-larger suitcase to avoid the $45 fee and my stuff in a plastic bag fits well in the free personal item measurement. The Spirit gatekeeper insisted I pay $100 for my things by calling out to close the gate - he knows perfectly well the mentality of a weary traveler and he hits them right on spot. I was the last one there trying to avoid this $100 expenditure out of nowhere. But I don't want to be left behind so I gave in. On board again not a single drop of complimentary water. At least this time the flight attendants smiled. They simply paraded with an empty trash bag to walk back and forth. In summary extra $145 expenditure for nothing complimentary except air and one smile. That is called Spirit - an ironic title.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I guess you get what you pay for but this is one of the worst airlines I've ever flown. This summer we flew Spirit Airlines from Philadelphia to Myrtle Beach. We get to the airport 2 hours early like they recommend but really there was no rush because the flight was 2 hours late. One of the airport workers at Philadelphia said she wasn't surprised Spirit is always late. So finally after 2 hours of waiting the plane gets to Philadelphia and after unloading passengers we board. The seats were tiny vinyl narrow non-reclining and claustrophobia inducing. They were dirty along with the seat tray in front of me. Anything extra like drinks cost $3 which is a complete rip-off. I'm surprised they didn't charge you to go to the bathroom too I mean they charge you for every other ridiculous thing. I would never fly with this "airline company" again.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]