Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

From LGA to FLL - no bag sizer next to the kiosks at LGA so I was not sure if I should pay the 50$ fee for bags or not. I did for fear of having to pay 100$ per bag at the gate. There was a bag sizer in the boarding area I measured my bags (2) and called the attendant over to verify that both were of size to go on the plane for free. The attendant agreed but said that they couldn't give a refund now because they were already starting the boarding process and this was the only attendant working at the gate. He said that we could get the refund from customer service upon arrival with no problem - that was a lie. Customer service was less than useless and refused to issue a refund even after placing our bags in the sizer again and seeing that they qualified to travel for free. We later called the airline and spent 45 min on the phone which lead to more excuses - bottom line this airline is a giant scam and I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 971 running late due to crew arriving late. Airline only allows 1 personal bag the other you must pay $50 to place it in the overhead compartment - $45 to check it to your final destination. 1st and last time I fly with them!

Spirit Airlines customer review

The worst of the worst (and then it goes downhill from there). First time I flew them the flight took off 2 hours late. The second time (shame on me given their reputation) the flight was announced as late and then took off on time without announcement causing me to miss the flight. Even though several others missed the flight as well and after 1.5 hours in customer (non) service lines there was no refund or credit offered. When an interviewer suggested Spirit was the Walmart of airlines he proudly stated that was not true Spirit was the Dollar Store of Airlines. Odd thing to be proud about. Never on time surly employees no consideration or accommodation for anything. All of the employees I've spoken to hate them (which is probably why they're so surly). It is the airline equivalent of riding on top of a train in India. If you must patronize them make very sure you are aware of their draconian policies or you will receive surprises that will not be enjoyable!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 660 Sept 6th Kansas City to Chicago. Fight 659 Sept 10th Chicago to Kansas City. I just completed my first round trip on Spirit Airlines and after reading the bad reviews I have to write about what a good experience I had. The counter staff were extremely helpful and courteous to help me understand the nuances that Spirit clearly states on their website. The pilots were professional the two A320's I flew on appeared to be in good condition and from my perspective were comfortable. The cabin crews were welcoming and attentive to safety issues I felt Spirit is really good value.

Spirit Airlines customer review

From Houston to Atlanta - Ticket Cost $353 to check in at the counter $10 Kiosk- free Carry on Bag $50 at the Kiosk $100 at the gate. For a reserve seat $5 to $25 a random Seat - free. Sodas and water $3 each 2 sodas and bag of chips $7. All drinks and food were for purchase. They did not have a card reader so it was cash only. Flight attendants were not needed because they didn't provide a service.

Spirit Airlines customer review

From beginning to end my experience with Spirit Airlines supported the negative reputation that I have born witness to. Several flights were delayed several hours and there was no consideration for the passenger/customer through the inconvenience to our plans. Being charged for drinks on board a flight that was delayed and ultimate tacked on 6 more hours onto a trip is a slap in the face. The inability to seat myself and my wife in another pair of seats because her seat did not lock in the upright position while their are seats available is insulting. I presume locking the seat in the upright position is stressed for safety reasons. Why wasn't sitting in a seat that locks in the upright position? I originally thought flying this airline would prove to be a bargain but after being charged for carry-on and/or check-in luggage seating refreshments catching up on wasted time flying with Spirit proved to be very costly.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Cheap airline but not so cheap when you get to airport $30 for checked luggage but only 40lbs the usual is 50 lbs so then they hit you with an additional $25 and then a carryon is another $25 - then seats are so close together that sardines have it better. We usually fly United but got a really good deal on seats so decided to try. Never again in the long run any other airline would have been cheaper and certainly more service. Thank goodness the flight was only 2 hrs.

Spirit Airlines customer review

On Tuesday September 23rd I had a flight out of BWI airport in Maryland scheduled for take off at 12.41 which of course was delayed and delayed and delayed. I realize that it comes with the territory when you fly and it's bound to happen when you fly often which I do. The problem I had most was there was no real explanation for the delay the plane was there the weather was good in both locations. When it would get close to the time they predicted we should board or pass it then they would say something like it wasn't "cleared" to fly. None of us knew if we were getting out of Baltimore that day or not and as time ticked away they did not offer any alternatives. We did finally take off around 6.15 or something with a $7 voucher in our hands that didn't cover the cost of an entire meal and a $50 credit tied to our confirmation number so everyone better not loose that but they still made us pay for a soda on the plane. I don't know it's just me but I think they could have done better.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Chicago to Orlando September 17th. Return flight September 21st Orlando to Chicago. First and last flight. No second chance. The round trip was plenty of experience. Delayed both flights and not weather related. They charge for every last thing and you pay more for carry in than checked. Do I get to charge them for cleaning up the food droppings peanut shells and dirty Kleenex in my seat? The staff is rude probably from getting grief regarding the fees and delays. I would gladly pay $50 more to be treated like human.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband made a reservation from Chicago to Las Vegas. We were supposed to depart at 5.09pm but their representatives at the gate told us that the flight was delayed to 8.38 pm. Than at 8.00 pm we understood that the flight was delayed again to 10.10pm and the "empty airplane" which was specifically for us (feeling very special) just left Myrtle Beach. Every time I fly with Spirit Airlines there is some problem. This is the last time that I'm flying with them. Spirit Airlines doesn't care for their customers at all. Delays all the time. You pay for your carry on bag more than the regular bag (of course you don't have one free bag at all). If it's going like this soon we'll be forced to pay for our personal items as well. I will not fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]