Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

This is an airline I will go out of my way to avoid. Small seats rude flight attendants delays and cancellations - it is the worst! They advertise super low fares but then charge you 3.00 for a glass of water and 25.00 for a carry on. They push a credit card application on you - promising mileage bonus coupons for completing it and turning it back in before you leave the plane. Then when you try to have the coupons applied to your account - they do not honor them. Complaints get you nowhere. It is not cheaper and I will pay extra to avoid this airline in the future.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Las Vegas from Minneapolis flight 763 April 12 2014. Return to Minneapolis from Las Vegas flight 612 April 19. We were worried after reading reviews however our first trip with Spirit was professional from the moment we traveled to Las Vegas and back.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband and I flew from FT. Lauderdale to San Juan this past weekend. The flight left on time and was fine! True this flight is only 2.5 hrs long if you are on longer flights the seats are tight. We have used our credit card for free spirit flights we've gone to L.A. twice to N.Y and now to P.R. Bring snacks reading material a deck of cards anything because there is no entertainment but for the cheap fares we'll make the sacrifice.

(Bahamas)

Santo Domingo to Fort Lauderdale. The worst nickle and dime airline I have been on. It started at the counter in Santo Domingo. I had purchased a $45 carry-on baggage online. When I got to the airport I bought some rum. As I was connecting to Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas I would not be allowed to carry the liquor through. So I placed it in my carry-on and decided to check it in. I told the Customer service rep that I did purchase a carry-on for $45 but needed the bag checked in. The seats are right on top of you. There is no space to stretch your legs. If I don't pay for an exit row it is an uncomfortable experience. Then you have to pay for everything water cookies chips anything. The only hot meal they can offer you is a Cup O noodle soup. After I arrived the international area was crazy. We must have arrived with 4 or 5 other airlines. I had to wait over 2 hours to clear immigration. When I entered the Customs area I knew I would miss my flight. I asked the Gate agent if she could assist me because I only had an hour and a half before my flight. The staff member walked off. I am sorry but that is not how you retain customers and I can assure you unless Spirit is the only airline flying somewhere I need to go I will never patronize this airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I have flown Spirit several times in the past for the low fares and tolerate the bad service for the lower fares. I will never use Spirit again after what happened today. My wife's booked 2 tickets on the 4.25pm flight from D/FW to O'Hare. I was driving them to the airport at 2.30pm when she received an email from Spirit that the flight was delayed until 6pm. She checked the website and called customer service and confirmed the new flight time. We came home and then left at 4.20 to return to the airport. My wife checked the flight info and it was now moved back to the original time of 4.25pm. Once at the gate the agents explained that the delay was cancelled and that the flight was on time and it was our fault for not being at the airport at the original scheduled time. They recommended to catch the next flight at 6am the next day. Spirit reminded us the tickets were non-refundable and would give us vouchers for another flight to be used within 90 days. They finally agreed to refund the ticket prices when they verified they had sent an email about they new flight time however no deal on the $80.00 unused baggage fees we paid.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Terminal was overcrowded plane was full no movies no snacks not even water rough 5.5 hr flight. Seat belt sign on the whole time discouraging bathroom breaks especially for older people.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit isn't cheap as they advertise the cost of the ticket then the charge for a bag (even a carry-on is charged) $3.00 for water even more for snacks by the time you pay for everything it is around the same price as other airlines. The seats in Spirit are small I am a short average woman and I didn't even fit into their seats at least with other airlines I always have enough room. The airline staff were horrible they were always chit chatting with each other or someone they knew on the plane. I will never fly or recommend Spirit airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

This was my 1st flight with Spirit airlines from Oakland CA to Las Vegas NV. The flight attendant's were very nice even told me that I didn't have to check my bag in and just to add my purse to my bag which saved me money the flight was great and the flight captain relaxed us with his jokes. I have flown all over the US and Europe and with the ease I had at checking in the courteous staff and having any question answered promptly I will definitely book again with Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Our flight from Cancun to Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday 4/27/14 was delayed more than 2 hours due to an issue with one of their aircraft. This caused many people to miss their connecting flights which is understandable. But the next available flights on Spirit to various destinations (Boston Denver Detroit Orlando New York etc.) ranged from 24 to more than 72 hours later. Families with small children coming home from spring break were told that they would have to wait until Thursday to fly to Boston. Further Spirit management did nothing to provide hotel accommodations for anyone stuck in Ft. Lauderdale nor did they attempt to contract with other carriers to get any of these people home. The only message they gave us is that this is company policy. When some people became outwardly angry due to the time and financial hardships caused by this airline Broward county sheriff's deputies were called in to keep order. Interestingly one deputy told us they see this on an almost daily basis regarding Spirit because of so many people's frustration with this airline. Spirit has clearly put their bottom line far above customer service and care. We will never fly this airline again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Before flying with Spirit my family and I felt a little anxious. We didn't know anything about this airline so we took a chance and the experience was nice. Excellent staff at the airports. Spirit is a Low Cost Airline do not expect great service onboard. The itinerary was on time including layover at Fort Lauderdale. If someone is looking for save some money although you must pay for luggage snacks seat location etc this airline is a good choice. But if people want special service on board first class free luggage or seat location this is not your best bet. The most important must be the air safety excellent maintenance and well trained crews and if this airline does it I have no complaints. After all everybody wants to arrive on time to your destination.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]