Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

This airline is horrible! Our flight ended up being only $30 cheaper by the time we added bags and seats that's right you have to pay for the flight the bags then the seat you want and if you want anything at all on the flight its extra! The seats were cramped really cramped! The flight was 2 hours late. The flight attendants were rude. Not worth the hassle.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Round-trip flight from Minneapolis to Vegas leaving 12/4/14. Upon arriving at the airport as I was checking my bag today I was told the flight was cancelled. They said my money could be refunded or I could fly out the next day at 11pm. There was no offer to assist me in getting another flight today. As a result I spent 5 hours trying to get a flight out that same day but could find nothing under $1200. Horrible customer service from Spirit and as a result my entire vacation was cancelled.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Delayed a couple hours heading from Vegas to SD. Then from SD to Vegas it was delayed several hours. Ended up having to stay in SD an extra night. The staff are horrible and distant not caring at all. No food or rooms offered. I am now at the airport for my flight that was supposed to board at 9.25am. It is currently 10:30 and the flight has been delayed until at least 12.30. I will not be surprised in the least if it is further delayed. Horrible airline!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Perfect scores on everything because Spirit met my expectation at all categories. Every rule and fee is right there on their websites. Spirit doesn't trick anyone to join their fare club or getting its credit card it's always about choice of yes or no. Most people complaining didn't read carefully in the first place. Spirit is honest about its seat pitch and the recline - and you can upgrade to nicer seats. Spirit is not for those who can't pack lightly or going to a job interviews important event of lifetime. Delays and cancellations happen and many are not the airlines fault by all means please fly legacy airlines. The key to save money and enjoy the Spirit rock bottom price is reading everything carefully double check the name and itinerary before buying. Buy tickets at the airport - it waives the booking fee when buying directly at the counter. If the airport is close and there is cheap way to go there it's worth it to save some decent money. If the Spirit website is down when checking in online then by all mean print that screen error message out as written proof to the agents at the airport to print boarding pass for you for free.

Spirit Airlines customer review

The staff were so unprofessional! Instead of getting us seated they were talking amongst each other. We had a big seat and the floor was filthy. We've been using Spirit for about 15 years and they were very good years ago but we definitely see a big decline in personnel dirty seats floors etc. It doesn't cost more money for at least the staff to be courteous and friendly. We are looking for a new airlines. Last night was the last straw!

Spirit Airlines customer review

I am not one for negativity but had a been slightly more knowledgeable about this airline I mostly likely would have booked another carrier for the extra few hundred dollars. I have the feeling its our responsibility as consumers to research and be as informed as possible within reason. The extra baggage charges seat charges etc I could deal with even though I found this out only 2 days before I left for my vacation. What left me with a huge dissatisfaction was the gate attendant. We heard cancellation announcements for other passengers and became concerned about ours. When we enquired the attendant was very nonchalant and unapologetic and provided no solution to our issue. Had this employee been properly informed we would have known in plenty of time to get leave the airport rent a car and drive to Ft. Lauderdale to catch our connecting flight to Costa Rica. The nonchalant attitudes seem to be a common thread throughout this airline. All in all this vacation worked itself out but it was too much stress because of the unprofessional and unorganized ways of this airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Don't be deceived by their low base rate They will charge> you for everything except the bathroom and squeeze every dollar out of you that they can! We paid extra for luggage over 40 pounds which most airlines are 50 pounds. We paid extra to ensure we got to be seated together for our trip. Extra for snacks and water! And when you check-in online and you qualify for express baggage check-in be prepared to wait 45 minutes to one hour! Do your homework and compare bottom-line prices including baggage seating check the allowable baggage weight etc and whatever you do do not choose Spirit Airlines!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 224 Nov 16 2014 Chicago to NYC and return flight 847 Nov 18 2014. I read the bad on-time reviews and was prepared for the same results. I was pleasantly surprised. The flight was on time going and coming. I would recommend Spirit Airlines in the Chicago-NYC segment. The employees were friendly and helpful. They made my trip excellent.

(Denmark)

The ancillary fees are plainly excessive. From bag charges small luggage allowances (40lb instead of common place 50lb) plus the fact that carry-on is charged for completely negates the base price is low. On a business trip from Europe our transatlantic fare included luggage fees was less than flying from Florida to Las Vegas with Spirit. We had no chance of printing out boarding passes and were then charged for that too. If there are any other way of going from A to B I will not fly this Company again. It's too stressful and aggravating.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Traveled from Boston to West Palm Beach for $58 - that wouldn't even pay for gas if I drove. New plane (A320) with great flight attendants and pilots! I highly recommend Spirit and will fly them whenever I can.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]