Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Booked flight through Travelocity and had questions about seat selection check-in etc. Checked Spirit's site and needed assistance called twice girl who answered first call was annoyed with my questions and young man who answered second call was very helpful and courteous. Flew PHL to Vegas-delayed both ways but figure that can happen with any airline-however comfort was affected by broken seat backs and garbage in seat pockets (liquor bottle in one water bottle and wad of papers with gum stuck to both) taking up leg room. Also had to brush peanut skins and crumbs from my seat to join the pile on the floor before sitting down. Never mind that beverages were not complimentary they were served but once at the beginning of a 5.5 hour flight. I am truly glad that I finally did make sense of the site and the charges before flying and knew to print boarding passes and pay for seat assignments and avoid the ridiculously high fees charged at the airport for luggage. I am satisfied only with the fact that we reached our destination safely.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I had to fly last minute from SFO (San Francisco) to LAS (Las Vegas) one way and Spirit offered the lowest price out of any airline in the SF Bay Area the trek to (OAK) Oakland Airport was a little further than I normally travel to get to an airport but the deal was too good to pass up. The flight was not full although I checked in the day before I was given a seat upgrade to a window seat near the front. The cabin crew was friendly and made the early morning flight easier with humor. Flight duration was exactly as advertised and actually landed a few minutes early and it was a pleasant flight in a brand new airplane. The one thing I did not like were the seats far too close together and much too thin. I'm only 5'6" and felt too big for the seats if it had been a longer flight I would have been very uncomfortable for the for 1 hour and 20 minutes I was in the seat it was bearable barely. A word of warning: Spirit charges fees for absolutely everything you want to pick your seat? Fee please want carry-on luggage? Fee please You want to check baggage? Fee please You want a snack on board? Fee please. Credit /debit only we don't recognize $USD as real currency. However if you know what you need for a flight this can be a good deal.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I'm 5'11" and Spirit's seats may not be super comfortable but at least there is the saving grace that seats do not recline. There's nothing worse than barely fitting your legs in the first place only to have the person in front of you lean their seat back! I've flown Spirit twice so far round trip flights from Minneapolis to Chicago. The flight is only a little over an hour long and for $35 I guess I can put up with a bit of discomfort for an hour. What really gets me however is not the size of the seat (to be honest even higher-priced airline seats are hardly comfortable) but the deplorable customer service at check-in. I checked a bag on my latest return flight from Chicago but had already checked in online. The system / boarding pass said that I could quick-check the bag - so I went to the airport not expecting to wait in line. After printing out my boarding pass at the kiosk I stood for a while in the quick-check line section. When free one of the four or five reps at the counter asked if she could help me and I told her I just wanted to drop my bag use the quick-check. She told me "Oh we don't have that this morning you'll have to wait in line" (instead of just taking the bag which would have taken the same amount of time). So I went back to stand in line for about 20 minutes. When I finally get back to the counter a different rep tells me "You should really hurry this flight is about to board." After getting through O'Hare's tediously slow security lines I finally did manage to catch the flight - feeling frustrated and impatient about the whole experience. Next time I will fly on a different airline. Even though cheap fares are tempting I have a sneaking feeling that they're not worth the savings.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My family traveled to Ft Lauderdale in February. The trip down was fine. The trip back very upsetting primarily due to extremely rude employees. We switched seats online prior to our return flight to the row behind the exit. It was clear we were traveling with an infant and car seat. We were seated at the beginning of the flight in the row behind the exit. We sat there with the employees passing by us for over 2.5 hours. In the last 30-45 minutes an attendant came up and said 'we have a problem' and she ordered us to move because we apparently couldn't be seated with a car seat behind the exit row. We questioned this order because there was only 30-45 minutes left on the flight. So we moved without any help. We accept the baggage limitations and paid for our suitcases. We accept it's a discount airline. We do not accept despicable treatment of paying customers.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit airlines has been my worst experience flying. First of all who charges for carry on and still puts the most outrageous policies on check ins. The worst part is they don't bother to tell you when you are buying your ticket that way you don't know and you are forced to pay for it when you get there. Then they charge for boarding passes and for not having a random seat. The staff and their rude attitudes did not make it any better. Being a college student and thinking you got a deal with this flight only to realize that they charge you for everything else. I didn't know what to expect after that. I will never fly this airline again. I'd rather pay for an expensive flight that doesn't nickel and some you at every corner.

Spirit Airlines customer review

It cost more for our luggage to fly than it did for my wife and I. Tried to check-in online the Spirit system would not let me in so if I wanted to pay for my bags online it was not possible. Spirit airlines has no idea what customer service means. Fees are fees and I pay them on all the airlines but every other airline I do business with lets me know what the fees are when I'm making reservations so I know my complete budget ahead of time. My wife's carryon fit in their little gage hole but they said it was 2mm to high with the handle. I will pay higher rates to avoid ever having to be subjected to that again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

You get what you pay for. I was forced to give at least one star otherwise I would have given zero for seat comfort and inflight entertainment (there is none). I am not a tall person and I have never had my knees so scrunched up on any other airline. Also if you do decide to fly on the cheap with Spirit (not advisable in my opinion) wait to check in and you will get a better seat' if you check in 23 hours in advance they'll give you the poorest seat unless you pay for it but if you wait they will be forced to give you one of the "premium" seats for free.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Personnel and flights ok but often delayed/late. In spite of fees for seats and carry-on luggage you can save $$ by joining $9 club. Seat rows are closer than most others so if you're tall this can be quite uncomfortable. Seat backs are not adjustable-ugh! Trying to talk a live person and get help is impossible. I changed my internet provider and cannot make a reservation using my $9 club membership. I've called all of their phone numbers and cannot get to a live person other than someone "selling" me something who cannot help with changing my email address. Maddening and frustrating to say the least and I'm a $9 club member. I may never fly Spirit.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Poor service poor communication poor quality. You couldn't even make up how bad they are. Oversold flight. We had a 6 hour delay that was identified 30 minutes prior to our departure as a result we missed our connecting flight. Missed two days of work. Only offered a 50 dollar voucher for all the inconvenience. Not even their 800 number is user friendly. Keep your voucher I don't plan on traveling with Spirit again. Was told at the airport the plane had broken down in Boston the pilot had a different story. Spent $1000 for two tickets what a deal.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew 3-19-14 and 3-26-14 from ATL to DFW and return. I was prepared for the worst however was pleasantly surprised. I had only one carry on backpack. I checked the size requirements and had to bring one of my smallest backpacks to fit their requirements but I had no problems. I brought my own snacks. I had one checked bag under weight limits so no problem there. I did pay $60 RT for it. I am 5'10" and didn't have a problem. I didn't care about seat arrangements so I let them seat me. I got an aisle and window seat. The crew were very pleasant the plane was clean and looked new. Flights left and returned all on time. I paid under $200 for everything and made my reservations one week in advance! I printed my boarding pass in advance when leaving and upon returning. I had no extra or hidden charges as I had prepared myself. I highly recommend them just decide if their specifications can fit your comfort level.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]