Silver Airways

"questioned my lack of a negative Covid test"

Trip Verified | We were scheduled to fly Ft Lauderdale FL to Eleuthera, Bahamas. Upon arrival at the airport, we presented the ticket agent with our travel documents. My husband had his passport, Bahamas Travel Visa and a negative Covid test. I had my passport, Bahamas Travel Visa, a letter from my physician, and an exemption letter from the ministry of travel of the Bahamas granting me an exemption to the testing requirement as I had recently recovered from Covid. One ticket agent questioned my lack of a negative Covid test and another agent ended up stamping us approved after some discussion. We cleared security and proceeded to the concourse where we had lunch and checked with the gate a few times to make sure flight was on time etc. As we approached the gate 45 minutes from departure, we were being paged. At that time, we were told that the airline's safety officer was denying us travel because I did not have a negative test to produce. We had to go back to the ticket counter, where one of there agents saw us approaching and recommended we check with Bahamas Air. Bahamas Air sold us a ticket which got us to Nassau where we had to overnight and then connect to Eleuthera the following day. This new ticket cost us over $700, plus over $300 to overnight in Nassau and the loss of a night at our rental in Eleuthera at $1000.00 per night. Silver Airways flies passengers on domestic routes all day with no Covid test so this decision was clearly not based in any logic or safety. The reason you no longer test until negative is some people test positive for up to 3 months. I never had one symptom but continue to test positive. This was arbitrary and punitive and I believe it was escalated to Silver Airways Safety Officer by the one ticket agent.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Eleuthera
Date FlownMay 2022

"they need to be shut down"

Trip Verified | I had a flight from New Orleans to Jacksonville. They canceled my flight after 10pm the night before i was supposed to leave, no explanation as to why just an email to contact customer service which closed at 6pmEST. I ended up spending $483 to book a last minute ticket so that I could get home. I have called customer service and no one ever answers the phone after sitting on hold for 2 hrs. Also if you do the hold your place for a call back no one calls back. No refund no nothing. This is ridiculous and they need to be shut down.
RouteNew Orleans to Jacksonville
Date FlownMay 2022

"Too good to be true. This airline is a scam"

Not Verified | Booked my ticket and was so happy for such a low price for non-stop. Too good to be true. This airline is a scam. Checked in to flight and was prepared to leave the next morning. Later the night before got an email that it was canceled with no reason and no rebooking and no refund. Crazy. Sent several emails and called to find out the customer service closed early. Spent hours trying to find another ticket on another airline. The next day called customer service and asked for a call back. 7.5 hours later got a call. No empathy no offer of a rebooking. Claims I will receive a refund in 10-15 days but refused to send an email invoice verification. Then was told to go on manage my trip. I asked them to hold on while I did that and they hung up the phone on me. I can only assume that the FAA will shut this operation down.
RouteNew Orleans to Jacksonville
Date FlownMay 2022

"My flight was cancelled without any reason given"

Trip Verified | I was returning home from a trip to St. Croix. Delta partnered with Silver for this leg of my trip. My flight was cancelled without any reason given. This cancelation caused me to miss my connecting flight. I was told there was reservations made for me at the Marriott Courtyard in San Juan as I was going to have to spend the night. Long story short. They issued me hotel, taxi and meal vouchers. None of them were accepted with the exception of the taxi drivers and they probably won't get their money either. I had to pay for my hotel as well as my food. I sent an email to their customer relations department but from reading their so-called "customer care plan" I won't hear from them in another 60 days. From reading the complaints on this site, I think we should all ban together and file a class action for our troubles.
RouteSaint Croix to San Juan

"horrible customer service"

Not Verified | I hate doing this but I felt this is the only way JetBlue will hold the "sister" company accountable for the horrible customer service and just down right bad airline. I do not understand the reason behind JetBlue add this Silver Airways. JetBlue has always been great BUT then I had a connecting flight with the Silver Airways (that I had no choice in picking) since I did it with JetBlue it was all or nothing so I feel it is JetBlue's fault as well for doing business with an airline like Silver and not care about the service and delay and time wasting they are putting on JetBlue customers Unfortunately I did not think to look up Silver because I love JetBlue and thought they must be just as good. I landed in Fort Lauderdale at 5:38 am Sunday in Terminal 3, Silver Airways was in terminal 1 I had to walk 8 minutes out of the airport only way to get 1 to do the security check again. My gate the display never changes for hours then when we notice nothing is going on we asked and we were told that the pilots had to sleep and that the flight would be delayed until 9:50 am so we wait our tickets said departs 8:15am we did not board until 10:50 NO One said we are sorry or nothing on or off the plane. We had to walk out and up the stairs into the plane no one told us anything. Long story short was suppose to be home at 9:35 am I got in at 1 PM, and then wait on luggage.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2022

"Will never fly again with Silver Airways"

Trip Verified | Will never fly again with Silver Airways. The cliche “You get what you paid for” holds true for this instance. The issue wasn’t the fact that it was delayed twice and then cancelled altogether, but that passengers weren’t notified until last minute. We were stranded at the airport for 10 hrs, then to find out that the next scheduled flight was not at 10:30A, but 3:30PM. I lost 12 hrs of work ($512), had to take a rental ($192 + $58 for gas), lost the $89 of the air fare. All because Silver Airways does not care about it’s customers. The front line workers were excellent, but this company has a poor leadership. They follow the “I guess it sucks for you. Figure it out. No refunds.” Not good business. Keep your customers informed. They will understand. But what you don’t do is leave them in the limbo. I couldn’t get anyone at Customer Service, no one was at the ticket counter, and just had to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
AircraftATR-42-300
RouteJacksonville to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2022

"By far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | By far the worst airline, compared to them Spirit is a 10. Before spend you money and booking with them you should think twice. Sat in the airport for over 6 hours with them lying about a weather delay while watching other airlines take off.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Tallahassee
Date FlownMay 2022

"I just want my money back"

Not Verified | Silver Airlines and Travelocity is an absolute joke. Booked round trip Seattle to Fort Lauderdale. Got a message that they had to change the first leg of the return flight, but it landed after the second leg departed. Obviously, that won’t work. Tried for a week before my trip to get in touch with someone that could help but kept getting the run around. Various customer service agents promising to call back and fix it. Rude customer service agents that wouldn’t transfer me to a manager. I heard nothing back after multiple messages, emails, and online chats. Ended up having to book a one-way return flight home from Florida, which was significantly more expensive. I just want my money back. But I can’t get anyone to help. This is beyond frustrating and a time suck that I don’t have time for. Don’t book through Travelocity or with Silver Airways.
RouteOrlando to Seattle via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2022

"This airline is a joke"

Trip Verified | This airline is a joke. Went to check in in Jacksonville had one young girl behind the counter with a line out the door of people with issues or trying to get checked in. "Computers were down-" so could not print boarding passes. Paid for 2 bags to be checked, but only brought one. Could not refund the money. Told to call Customer Service- went to voice mail. stating they were not open. (Friday 9am EST). Sent email to their customer service and no answer. Return flight was delayed by over an hour, "computers down" at that airport as well. Tried calling the Customer Service number for bag refund again- on hold for over 1.5 hours before I hung up.
RouteJacksonville, FL to New Orleans, LA
Date FlownMay 2022

"Silver Airways should be out of business"

Trip Verified | On the morning of April 26, 2022 my wife, Daniele, and I were scheduled to depart Dominica for San Juan at 8:15 am on the Silver Airways flight that was scheduled to depart at 8:15. From San Juan we had connections on to Philadelphia and Montreal, our final destination. The PHL connection was at 1:00pm, so plenty of time (3 hours in San Juan) to clear customs and make the flight. We arrived at DOM airport at 6:00am and checked in and were in the departure lounge by 7:00 am. The Silver Airways Saab 340 was there on the ground, visible to all. There was no boarding call for our flight. Time went by. People got impatient. Finally, 4 hours later, at noon we were told to board the flight. There was no communication, no reason given, nada. We, and many others, missed our connecting flights. In our case we had to get a room at the airport hotel and get up at 2:00 am in order to catch an American flight to PHL at 5:00 am. The unofficial reason for the Silver flight delay, supplied to us by airport staff members in DOM, was that the Saab 340 is not authorized to take off on a wet runway - it was raining lightly much of the morning of April 26. If so, and no other excuse was given to us by Silver, then this is the most absurd thing I've ever heard of in 50 years of flying, much of it in undeveloped parts of the world. Simply put, Silver Airways should be out of business.
AircraftSaab 340