Silver Airways

"the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | Orlando to Pensacola. My flight was supposed to be from Orlando to Pensacola. I arrived at 4:45 PM for my 6:45 PM flight only to tell me the flight was cancelled because no flight attendants showed up. So now I have an 8 hour drive home, on little sleep, because I have an event early in the morning and staying overnight in Orlando isn’t an option. The company was unapologetic and made no attempts to assist, whether by providing a rental car, etc. Absolutely would NOT recommend!!
RouteOrlando to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2019

"Zero notification that it was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Booked a 7.15 am flight to Pensacola. Got up super early, returned rental car, etc. went to check in to find our flight was cancelled. Zero notification that it was cancelled and even the monitor stated on time. Reason: no pilot. I’m a nurse. Could y’all imagine showing up to the hospital and me saying. Sorry. No nurse today. No. We take extra patients, we work extra shifts etc to meet the needs of our customers. The best they could get us was an arrival in Pensacola at 5.25 pm tonight. So here we sit with our luggage that we can’t even check in until 2 hours prior to departure. Happy first day of vacation. Thank you Silver Airways our hard earned vacation day at the airport was great. While in line I heard this is typical of this airline.
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2019

"girls working were fantastic"

Not Verified | Orlando to Key west. Our fight was delayed because of weather last night 6/9/19 just want to say the girls working to get everyone on the flight were fantastic. So was our pilot what a nice guy thanks for getting us back to Key West safely. If my battery in my car was not dead when I got to it it would have been a perfect night. Thank you
AircraftSaa
RouteOrlando to Key west
Date FlownJune 2019

"Epic failure of an airline"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Key west. Worst airline ever! Our flight was delayed over an hour from Fort Lauderdale to west palm, but the board kept showing “on time”. No weather conditions, plane was sitting there for hours. No info. The staff didn’t have a clue what they were doing. Once we started to board, they said “oh sorry, wrong flight”. It was a disaster. We literally got on the flight and didn’t know if we would make it to the right destination. The flight attendant actually made a joke that we were going to Cancun. She got it! Coming home we are now delayed an hour so far, I’m sure it will continue throughout the night. Epic failure of an airline. Never again!!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Key west
Date FlownJune 2019

"forfeited for being a no-show"

Trip Verified | Worst travel experience ever and I travel a lot. This was my first and last time using Silver Airways and/or Priceline to book. Due to an accident I was in on the way to the airport, I was too late to check in for my outbound flight. They would not make an exception despite being at the airport in time to still catch the plane. I rented a car and drove 4 hours to Ft Lauderdale. Then when I tried checking in for my return flight, it was cancelled. I was told it was forfeited for being a no-show without notifying them even though I stood at the counter with two of the workers. They told me I had to call Priceline to get the flight reinstated and Priceline told me I had to call Silver. I spent all day on the phone with both and got nowhere. I ended up having to rent another car to drive all the way back to Tampa that evening. They will not give me a flight voucher even for the return flight. I did everything I could that day and nobody would help me. So I spent over $500 total for a flight ($350) and rental cars, and spent 8 hours driving in one day.
RouteTampa to Ft Lauderdale

"disappointed in this airline2

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Pensacola. Very disappointed in this airline. I flew round trip and I did not see them get not one flight out on time. One hour to 2 hours delay. Not being informed until after departure time has passed. The staff at check in also act like they have no clue how to do there job like they are all in training. I had to deal with this experience leaving Pensacola and returning. I will not choose silver airways again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola
Date FlownMay 2019

"by far the worst experience"

Trip Verified | West Palm Beach to Marsh Harbour. This is by far the worst experience traveling in my life. We have been held here for 24 hours with excuses that the plane is broken, the pilots are resting, the flight crew is on its way, we are getting another plane, to we aren’t really sure if we can get you there. The corporate office is literally a group of useless individuals giving people false information. I would start at the top down and fix this before these poor people are out of jobs due to their performance. The only reason this airline is still here is due to supply and demand. Do not use them. Read the other reviews.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Marsh Harbour
Date FlownMay 2019

"delayed an hour for no reason"

Trip Verified | Key West to Fort Lauderdale. Flight was delayed an hour for no apparent reason, In absolutely clear weather. This was from key west to Fort Lauderdale. Then, traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Tallahassee our second flight of the day, flight was supposed to depart at 5:20. Ended up not departing til 7:26. Reason the pilot gave: “yeah, we got tied up in the Bahamas”. Aka, biggest load of BS ever. Again, the weather was completely clear. Was supposed to Land in Tallahassee at 7:25, ended up being 10pm. Not happy at work today. You get what you pay for. Still, not even cheap considering our flight was $368.
RouteKey West to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2019

"don’t know what is going on"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. We landed in the FT Lauderdale Airport on JetBlue to catch a connecting flight. We are flying from FT Lauderdale to Orlando. Flight was supposed to leave at 6:55pm and it is now 8:23pm and we have not taken off and have no updates. The board is still reading On Time 6:55pm. I understand there is bad weather but when you can’t update people of what is going on then there is a problem. All attendees don’t know what is going on.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"waiting on a flight attendant"

Not Verified | This was by far the worst airline we have ever flown. Flight was delayed 6 hrs due to “weather”, meanwhile every other airline came and went seamlessly. Many asked when the flight will depart and the answer was never clear. They would come on the announcement and announce boarding in 15-20 minutes. Then 40 minutes later say due to weather it will be pushed to 8:00 - ultimately finding out the reason it was pushed back was not due to weather but because they were waiting on a flight attendant. The airline has learned if they say due to “weather” they do not have to provide amenities or ticket refunds to the guests.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola