Silver Airways

"don’t know what is going on"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. We landed in the FT Lauderdale Airport on JetBlue to catch a connecting flight. We are flying from FT Lauderdale to Orlando. Flight was supposed to leave at 6:55pm and it is now 8:23pm and we have not taken off and have no updates. The board is still reading On Time 6:55pm. I understand there is bad weather but when you can’t update people of what is going on then there is a problem. All attendees don’t know what is going on.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"waiting on a flight attendant"

Not Verified | This was by far the worst airline we have ever flown. Flight was delayed 6 hrs due to “weather”, meanwhile every other airline came and went seamlessly. Many asked when the flight will depart and the answer was never clear. They would come on the announcement and announce boarding in 15-20 minutes. Then 40 minutes later say due to weather it will be pushed to 8:00 - ultimately finding out the reason it was pushed back was not due to weather but because they were waiting on a flight attendant. The airline has learned if they say due to “weather” they do not have to provide amenities or ticket refunds to the guests.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola
Date FlownMay 2019

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Tallahassee to Tampa. Easily the worst airline ever. Both flights delayed over 4 hours. In beautiful weather, they are already delaying flights 6 hours in advance. This tells me they are running by the seat of their pants and don’t have enough planes that are working. None of the workers know what’s going on and even when they do, they forget to tell you updates. “Oops forgot to add another hour to your delay”. Don’t fall for the Cheap fares... it comes at a huge cost and you will be held hostage. Good luck with customer service. Next time I will drive instead of flying with this circus show.
RouteTallahassee to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2019

"was the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Tallahassee to Tampa. This was the worst experience that I have ever had with an airline. The flight you Tallahassee was delayed 30 minutes without any notification. The return to Tampa was scheduled to depart at 6:05PM the same day. The flight was delayed 4 times with a total of 5 hours delayed. We did not receive any alerts to inform of delayed. They gave. I reason for any delays and when I went to ticket agent they insisted that I contact reservations. After being on hold for quite a while I was told they could not offer any explanation or compensation and I needed to speak with ticket agent. I would not fly Silver Airlines ever again. I have spent 10 hours at this airport and could have driven home in 4 1/2 hours!
RouteTallahassee to Tampa

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Tallahassee to Boca Raton. Worst airline experience ever! No notifications at all about anything. Severely late flight departures and return was cancelled. Terrible customer service. Still trying to get a refund for my cancelled flight. The only positive thing I can say is the pilot landed us smoothly and safely. Which of course is most important.
RouteTallahassee to Boca Raton

"Thanks for nothing"

Not Verified | Daytona Beach to Bahamas via Ft Lauderdale. I can understand having delays when there is bad weather, this airline cannot seem to show up on time, ever. The staff seemed nice enough but, they don't have any issues with just leaving you sitting in the airport for hours upon hours upon hours. We were delayed 5 hours on our flight to our vacation destination and then coming back, we were delayed again another 2 hours. If that's not bad enough, my luggage ended up in Pensacola FL instead of Daytona. I was told that it would be returned to me the next day. Someone would call and they would deliver it to my home. That never happened. No customer service number to call. The one number I was given to call and get an update on my luggage, no one answers. The other number I finally found just keeps you on hold until you can't stand the music any longer. I give them a zero, big fat zero. You can't get a hold of anyone. They have a website with a form that has questions you can't answer in order to submit your complaint. It wouldn't matter anyone, it says plain as day they can take up to 60 days to reply. Thanks for nothing Silver Airways. I will never fly with you again. The worst customer service I have ever had.
RouteDaytona Beach to Bahamas via Ft Lauderdale

"worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Literally the worst airline ever. Said there was a delay in our flight to key west when we arrived at the airport. Thinking we had a four hour window, we left the airport to grab breakfast and were back in an hour and a half. Meanwhile with zero communication the flight reverted and left with all our luggage and only other flights out all booked. This was a birthday weekend 4 months in the planing. and I had to spend $300 to purchase a ticket on another airline and leave 6 hours later. Tampa Friend couldn’t afford to buy another ticket and went home. Now at key west airport for return flight. Flight delayed two hours. Sitting in an airport again for hours because we don’t dare leave.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Raleigh Durham

"airline is horrible"

Not Verified | Pensacola to Tampa. This airline is horrible. Booked a flight to take kids in a cruise and there wasn’t a flight crew ? Really. A 0920 flight leaves after 2 pm and because there is no flight crew. Guy at gate said it "happens all the time". It happens all the time? How is that possible? To have a flight crew to fly a plane that you’ve booked months in advance. And they text you 2 hours before you are supposed to leave. I will never ever fly this low rate airline again. They ruined my family vacation and all they said was you can have a $200 coupon! No accountability for people and they could care less. If they didn’t have a flight crew they should have announced it the night before I could have driven. Do not use Silver Airways. Ever. Not if you wan to get where your going the day and time you planned
RoutePensacola to Tampa

"So unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Key west. This was my first and obviously the last time I’ve been flying by Silver Airways. 4h delays for the flight of an hour and there was no reason for it. Weather was perfect! So unprofessional, I didn’t show up for work and lost my money and my time sitting at the airport. So poor!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Key west
Date FlownApril 2019

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Tallahassee. I travel a few times a year to Tallahassee on business. Not once have I ever made a trip up and back without a delay on at least 1 leg of the trip. If they rate airlines for on time flights these guys would be at the bottom of the barrel. Today was the last straw. I’ll never fly this airline again! My 4:30 flight was delayed to 5:11, 7:45,8:00 and then 8:22. It took over two hours for a notification on my phone app to even show up. The gate agent could care less, had zero empathy and was useless as far as getting any information out of. Steer clear of this airline. I will rent a car and drive this trip next time. It will be cheaper and I will get there faster.
RouteTampa to Tallahassee