Silver Airways

"They used to be great"

Trip Verified | Canceled both flights round trip went round and round with Travelocity and tried twice to get through to Silver but to no avail. Kept me on hold for an hour and never called me back when I left my number to keep in the queue for a call back. They used to be great, even during COVID. Now they are horrible!
RouteFt Lauderdale to Tampa

"Outstanding Workers"

Trip Verified | We lost my flight due to a flight delay, yet my luggage had been checking already and it made the flight, but we missed it!! Trying to reroute our luggage back was a mission only made possible by the efforts of Silver Airways Baggage Customer Service. They both stayed on top of the matter, e-mail after email, text after text until my 3 luggages were found, and put on an airplane back to us. The luggages arrived separately and on different days! Both times I drove to the airport in Fort Lauderdale and they walked outside the airport to the Departure lane to bring me my luggages. That was outstanding care!! It saved me parking and time! These two individuals went above and beyond to make sure we felt taken care of and we felt like someone really cared about our dilemma!! Because of them I am grateful!!! Today we have back our 3 luggages after 10 days! Thank You for being Outstanding Workers!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Huntsville
Date FlownJune 2023

"delayed twice before being canceled"

Not Verified | Today, I was scheduled to fly from GSP to MCO. The flight was delayed twice before being canceled, all unbeknownst to me -- I received no notifications, no emails, nothing -- there was no screen display for the flight at the gate, either, and the only reason I found out it was delayed was another passenger asked about the notifications they'd received. The flight was canceled after I got home to wait for the delay (again, no notifications). I called the customer service number to be on hold for over 40min before deciding to do the callback option. Four hours later: no callback. Silver customer "care" emails are initially answered by a bot. I contacted United and got a refund. Booked with another airline. What a shame. Flew this airline/same destination a year ago with no issues!
RouteGreenville to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2023

"my flight had been cancelled"

Trip Verified | I was scheduled to fly from Ft Lauderdale to Jacksonville. It was the last leg of my trip to Portland Or before I left Portland I was notified that my flight had been cancelled. It was rescheduled at a later time. When I got there the new flight was canceled. You can’t call these people they have no way to contact anyone. Ended up having to take an Uber to Miami to get a flight to JAX. Terrible
RouteFt lauderdale to Jacksonville
Date FlownJune 2023

"no representative available to speak with"

Trip Verified | Departing flight was delayed but thankfully not cancelled. Three other Silver flights were announced as cancelled just before the departure times. Returning flight was canceled the night before. There was no Silver representative available to speak with when I tried to contact them.
RouteJacksonville to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2023

"flights are either delayed or cancelled"

Not Verified | This airline is absolutely horrible! Pay the extra money for anything else! Our flight was at 7:30 they delayed it 1 hour before we are supposed to take off. The delayed it to 12:45 didn’t get on the plane till 1 and it’s an extremely small plane! They over book the plane and end up telling people then can’t get on. They do this on purpose! 90% of the flights are either delayed or cancelled. I’m not sure how this airline is still in business!!
RouteFt Lauderdale to Georgetown

"atrocious, awful airline"

Trip Verified | This is an atrocious, awful airline. I would highly recommend anyone to avoid this airline at all costs and pay the cost for an actually functioning airline. I have no idea how this scam of a “business” is even certified by the FAA. Constantly delayed or canceled flights every single day in and day out. Complete intentional and likely fraudulent booking flights while not having the planes to fly them. One of the worst airlines of all time, should be permanently shut down.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownJune 2023

"They are late constantly"

Not Verified | This is the poorest managed company I have ever dealt with. They are late constantly at pickup and drop off. I was on the first flight with three planes waiting and still a hour and half late. No notification until you get to the airport. The one flight crew lady continually slammed doors in the back of the plane the entire flight. I don’t know what she was doing because they only give out a small bottle of water. I would rather pay big prices than deal with them.
AircraftATR 42-600
RouteTampa to Charleston

"Won’t fly Silver again"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed 10 hours and when trying to reach customer service, I stayed on hold over an hour and no one answered. Finally left terminal to go to desk and they did offer to put me on different plane the next day and said it was pilot call out and they had to fly another pilot in. I needed to arrive quickly so stayed the course and when plane finally arrived, there was mechanical problem and no mechanic at airport so they had to call one ins. Finally boarded flight after 2 am after arriving at airport at 2:30 pm on May 31. Return flight was cancelled after waiting at MCO for 6 hours! Won’t fly Silver again. Poor communication, customer service, and reliability. The clerk at desk at MCO on June 7 for return flight was most helpful but airline not reliable.
RouteHuntsville to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2023

"worst airline I have ever been on"

Not Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever been on. Our flight was supposed to leave at 3:30 and we left around 9:30. It wasn’t weather based it was just them be slow and terrible. Then we were boarding and we had to wait even more. Their reasoning “they forgot to clean the plane.” It blows my mind you can run something this poor and still have a business.
RouteFort Laderdale to Marsh Harbor