Silver Airways

"we’re still waiting"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Bimini. Still waiting to board this flight which was supposed to leave at 1PM. The whole time the board said that it’s On Time. 1 PM came and went with no announcements. Finally at 1:50, I get a text message saying the new departure time is 2:30. It’s 2:38, and we’re still waiting. I get that you cannot always foresee delays. However, you should keep your passengers informed and make announcements. Customer service is severely lacking. It also seems to me they are over scheduling out of one gate. Doh! Just got a message that the flight is delayed to 2:55. No announcements at the gate though. Surely you guys can at least make an announcement when your scheduled departure time is up.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Bimini
Date FlownMarch 2019

"An atrocity, never again"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Pensacola. They are operating many flights out of 1 terminal. They were running very behind today. After we waited over 2 hours to board, they announced that the plane was overweight and asked 3 people to get off. No one volunteered, so since we were last to check in, we were the chosen ones. We have 2 children who are 6 and 8 years old. No flights available for next 2 days. They wanted me to take a van for a 9-10 hour drive which we declined since the reason we flew is because we didn’t want to drive in the first place. Took over 2 hours to get another flight after much haggling. An atrocity, never again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola

"extremely rude to me"

Not Verified | I arrived 15 minutes late for my flight at12:15 pm because of insane traffic and rental car issues. Just as an airline can not be held responsible for mechanic issues and flight becomes delayed. Someone who is 15 minutes late should not be penalized to not be able to board the plane. The check in agent was rude and told me the door had closed and nothing could be done. And then the plane was delayed for almost 2 hours at the gate. I lost over $400.00 and I’m on disability. So it took a while to save up that money for my son and I to take a flight. Then when I called customer service they were extremely rude to me and said because I booked with Expedia they said to call them. Expedia called Silver Airways and was told by Emma they would figure out a way to make it right. When I called Emma the woman who answered refused to let me speak to her or a supervisor. I paid $700.00 to fly from Orlando to Freeport then over to Fort Lauderdale. Because I couldn’t just cancel my other travel plans in Fort Lauderdale the 26-28th. I will always fly with Bahamasair and never Silver Airways again. Their customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with. Do customers ask for a refund when they are delayed ever though mechanical flat tire issues are not their fault.
RouteOrlando to Freeport

"4 hour delay today"

Trip Verified | Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. Horrendous company. Do not make mistake of flying with them. Today 4 delays, no notice. Lady on my flight waited all day yesterday into the night and her flight never left, so she is back today. 4 hour delay today means I lose 10,000 dollar cruise because they did not fly. Was told delays due to flight crew rest. Delays are, in fact, due to the fact that they have empty planes so they are punishing us with intentional delays. United should sever all ties with Silver. We will never fly with Silver Airways again, no matter what.
RouteTallahassee to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2019

"managed to lose my luggage"

Not Verified | We took Silver Airlines from Key West to Orlando. It was not a large aircraft so it should not have been a challenge getting all the baggage into the aircraft. Yet, they still managed to lose my luggage. There could not have been more than 25 or 30 bags and my bag was appropriately tagged. It boggles the mind how workers can be so irresponsible. Is it laziness? Is it stupidly? Moving an appropriately labeled bag from a baggage cart into the belly of an aircraft has got to be one of the World’s least mentally challenging jobs. When will airlines like this began hiring people who CARE about passengers personal belongings. I am convinced this airline holds no one accountable otherwise their workers would concentrate on what they are doing. Disgraceful!
RouteKey West to Orlando

"extremely poor experience"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Huntsville. We had an extremely poor experience with Silver Airways. After being delayed on our flight to Huntsville for more than two hours, we were told that we would receive a weather update tonight at 7:45. We left at 7 to walk around and we came back to our gate at 7:40 and the plane had already boarded and left. When we asked the gentlemen managing the gate, he placed blame on us, and refused to make it right, as did his manager. After speaking with the desk, the manager gave direction to not take care of us. They both seemed completely oblivious to our plight. I am a manager at a supermarket that has customer service as their foundation and am completely disgusted with the lack of help I was provided with tonight. I am now paying out of my own pocket for a hotel because Silver has placed the blame on me despite boarding before the time we were told. I am also having to use an additional day of vacation because of the inefficiency of silver.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. We arrived early on time and we were told that we are in a waiting list because the weight ratio. I think this is ridiculous that now we can’t fly. Did you guys oversell the flight to Orlando? We requested for a manager and never arrived. Also, in the ticket there is no print indicating the information about the weight ratio. First time I here that. Bad customer service.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2018

"Customer service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Huntsville. Customer service was horrible. The women working at the Silver Airways at Orlando international airport at 4:00 on 11/21/18 were extremely rude. Never flying with this airline ever again, I'll stick with Southwest where the employees are willing to serve as much as possible.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownNovember 2018

"should have flown with Southwest"

Trip Verified | Arrived early to TPA thanks to SuperShuttle, had three and one half hours to kill, checked a bag with some tools and clothing that would not make as a carry on. Direct flight to Nassau, well my bag did not make it. Filed a claim, walked around with an attendant looking at other peoples bags, confirming mine was not there. Was told it might come in the next day and to contact the airport attendant and they would send it to the hotel. I contact "Guest Relations" via email as you cannot talk to anyone except to make a reservations. They reply with a generic form, telling me that they will get back to me eventually as they get a bunch of emails. Still almost one day later, no reply. Called the NAS attendant, he tells me that he has no idea if the bag will come in today and to call him after 2:00 pm to see if I will get my luggage. Can't plan anything, can't speak to anyone at Silver to get any confidence that it will show up at all, have a job to do this weekend and my tools are in the luggage. I should have flown with Southwest, at least there you can talk with a human being and feel that "Guest Relations" actually gives a rats butt. And in retrospect, would have been cheaper.
AircraftSaab 340
RouteTampa to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"flight always being late"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Eleuthera to Orlando. I don’t usually write negative reviews but I’m so tired of Silver Airways flight always being late. It’s impossible to make any plans when your flying with them. I’m flying often from Bahamas to the states and 75% of the time Silver flight is late. I’m looking for other flying options cause this is ridiculous. I would not recommend them to anyone.
RouteEleuthera to Orlando