Silver Airways

"Do not fly in this airline"

Not Verified | They lost my luggage and were no help whatsoever went back-and-forth to the airport. Nobody there to help. Worst airline I ever been in. When I finally got home they found my luggage in the Bahamas and did not even get an apology and did not reimburse me for the $70 that I had to pay for the luggage to travel have to rebuy everything toothpaste, toothbrush, clothes, underwear. Do not fly in this airline. Read the reviews.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Tampa
Date FlownJune 2024

"delayed over and over again"

Not Verified | Flight 141 at 6:10pm was delayed over and over again on June 4. Then after 10:30, it was finally cancelled. There was no help at the counter. The Customer Service line is useless. No one answers, and after you wait for 60 minutes, then it disconnects the call. I called first thing in the morning today, and they did answer the phone. I was moved to today’s flight at 6:10pm. Same route. Less than 5 minutes later, they emailed me a delay message for 7:15pm. And another delay, and another delay. Then 11:35pm with the flight arriving 23 hours later…. Now I received another message and the new departure is 9:15pm today. I have written and called and no one answers. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Horrible!
RouteGainsville to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJune 2024

"so delayed we couldn't wait"

Trip Verified | The flight from Tampa to Pensacola was so delayed we couldn't wait. It was more than 11 and a half hours late. They would delay it an hour at a time, so you had to stay at the gate. They said it was a mechanical issue and had no word about anything. Another flight from the same place made it there faster than we did. They did not give a voucher, refund, or anything. Horrible communication and terrible planning.
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownMay 2024

"did not offer the new flight rate"

Not Verified | The canceled our flights and did a "free" rebooking. However, they did not offer the new flight rate that was over $200 cheaper. We had to book a room for an extra night at our hotel. So essentially our fun getaway is costing us more due to the airlines changing our flight days without compensation.
RouteTampa to Nassau
Date FlownApril 2024

"They don't care"

Not Verified |   We booked a ticket for my husband and selected an afternoon flight. The software for some reason changed the time on a “nonrefundable fare”. My husband was traveling for medical reasons and traveling every week. If he took the earlier time, then he’d have to miss his chemo-therapy. I immediately called to let them know what happened. The answer was that I could buy another ticket at a higher price. They don't care.
RouteTampa to Key West
Date FlownApril 2024

"first and last time to fly with Silver Airways"

Not Verified | It was my first and last time to ever fly with Silver Airways. When I departed from San Diego with Alaska Airlines, I checked my baggage and paid for it. I mentioned to the agent that I needed a seat assignment for the Ft. Lauderdale leg. She indicated I would have to do that with an agent at the gate. When the Ft. Lauderdale agent showed up, I asked her about my seat assignment. She was extremely rude, not just to me, but to everyone that walked up to the counter. She would not talk with me then but said she would get with me soon. 1.5 hours later, I walked up to the counter and gave her my information including the receipt for my baggage. She indicated that I was not in their system, no trace of my luggage anywhere. She told me when I got off the airplane, I should have gotten my luggage, gone to the ticket counter, and checked in again. They would have checked my luggage and I would have gotten a seat assignment then. She hand-wrote my boarding pass and said to me that she couldn't promise to find my luggage. At 68, and recently losing my husband of 31 years, I have found there is not too much to get upset about. Oh well, it all can be replaced, I thought. The flight was 2 hours late, 10 minutes before I boarded the agent told me my luggage was being put on the plane. Nothing much was said after that from her. She did follow through but she should not be working with the public.
RouteFt. Lauderdale to Savannah
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“the customer service is horrible”

Not Verified | It has now been 8 days and my luggage has been lost and has not arrived. They have not helped me one bit and the customer service is horrible. All they have said is that they sent a message and to hold on until they find it. I keep calling with no update. This is unacceptable. I paid $35 to check my bag. It is no surprise that every review is 1 star on multiple sites.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Savannah
Date FlownNovember 2023

"There was no air to my right side"

Not Verified | This airline flew from ELH to FLL, knowing that the equipment to control the oxygen level in the cabin was broken, as well as AC. Inside the cabin, it was very very hard to breathe. There was no air to my right side. AC was working on the left side of the aircraft, so if I turned left, there was a little bit of air but it was very thin. Plus it was very very hot to a degree everyone was drenched in sweat. Stewardess had their own personal handheld fan and they pretty much ignored our request to do something about it. When we finally got to FLL, the captain did not even communicate to the airport authority that the cabin's air level was very low, and took time to taxi and stop in the middle of the airway to "Wait till a gate opened up" Passenger started to get angry and were shouting at the stewardesses but they did nothing other than telling the captain "passengers are a little irritated". Someone should do something about this airline's practice.
RouteNorth Eleuthera to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2023

"they are a scam"

Trip Verified | Horrible airline. Return flight from Eleuthera has been first cancelled on the scheduled evening and didn't fly either the next morning. Fortunately we have been booked on American Airlines in order to catch our long haul flight back to Europe. All we got from Silver Airways at the check-in counter was a voucher of USD 110 for the hotel expenses of the extra night in Eleuthera. Try to find a hotel in that area for two people for that price!! That's a joke. Back home we have sent the hotel invoice to Silver Airways as requested together with the voucher but have never been refunded nor have we ever got any kind of reaction from their guest relations. They have completely disappeared! That's a real shame! Do not fly with them, they are a scam.
RouteEleuthera to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJuly 2023

"I lost my money completely"

Not Verified |   This airline is a scam. I booked on Priceline. Silver changed the date of my flight. The date, not the time but the date. They would not provide me a refund but said I could book another flight with a credit, however I would be charged a change fee that actually cost more than my original ticket. Absolute scam. I had to drive to Nashville from Greensboro and back. I lost my money completely and was going to be charged more, because they changed my flight date. Do not book with this airline.
RouteGreensboro to Nashville