Silver Airways

"so disappointing in so many ways"

Trip Verified | Horrible flight from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale NO AIR CONDITIONING. Once airborne the inside cabin rose to 90 degrees. People were sweating in their seats. The flight crew gave out room temperature water. Upon landing, they opened the back doors and left everyone standing and waiting 15-20 min while they took off the luggage from back of plane. The temperature rose to over 100 degrees, children were crying, elderly ladies were feeling faint, we put water on them and were fanning them with the emergency brochures. When we repeatedly asked if we could deplane first as people were getting sick - they said noand the baggage people continued unloading at a slow pace. WHATS WORSE: They loaded up the plane with people moments after we got off for the next flight. And they would experience the same horrible flight. This is so disappointing in so many ways. NEVER FLY SILVER AIRWAYS!!
RouteOrlando to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"discounted customer service"

Not Verified | I made a mistake and figured I would save 100 dollars and book JetBlue and Silver Airways on my return trip from Colombia - huge mistake. Literally 2 hours before my flight is supposed to leave and the Silver Airways employees aren't even at the kiosk. I guess discounted plane tickets mean discounted customer service.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola
Date FlownAugust 2022

"been a horrible experience"

(Puerto Rico)

Not Verified | I booked a round trip flight for a friend from San Juan to Santiago and back for her to attend an event. The flight has been cancelled twice. The first time they gave me a new date but never sent me the notice. I only learned of this because I tried to change the date myself. And thank God the event was changed to September, so I changed the flight Now this second time it's been four days since I got notice that the flight has been cancelled again and I still haven't got an answer from them regarding a new flight day. And also, the fact that I am hard of hearing. They have never answered my emails except with an automated message and when I tried to reach them through Instagram they answered me that I needed to make a phone call! I had to ask another friend to make the phone call for me. It has been a horrible experience. I'm never using this airline again.
RouteSan Juan to Santiago
Date FlownJuly 2022

"regret booking my flight through them"

Not Verified | Silver Airways is the worst possible airline to fly with. I had an issue with my boarding pass, called them at 10:30, saved my place in line and got a call back at 16:30. They were not helpful at all. I then had a second issue, the boarding passes didn't have pre check which I specifically called to make sure of as well even after the KTN numbers were added at the time of booking. They assured me everything was fine but no. I had no pre check and no time to wait at the counter since I specifically counted my time and was going straight to the airport from work. Not only that their customer service is mediocre but they also hung up the phone on me as I was speaking! Spend 100$ more and save yourself the trouble. I seriously regret booking my flight through them.
RouteCharleston to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2022

"no one is keeping us to date"

Not Verified | 1.45 canceled to 3.15, then 3.45 and then our original plane died. Changing planes with a 5.30 projected departure or will it be a boarding time, nobody knows because no one is keeping us to date. We will have a 1/2 to a whole day lost because of this airline. Like most other airlines, they don’t care! They have your money, it’s all that matters to them. There is no more customer service. June 19, flight 93 to Key West from Fort Lauderdale.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Key West
Date FlownJune 2022

"Total SCAM in my opinion"

Not Verified | Charleston to St. Petersburg. Total SCAM in my opinion! We just spent over THREE HOURS ON HOLD with them today because we couldn't transact via their website. The 'help window' on the site referred us to their call center. However, NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE THERE FOR HOURS! This isn't the first time this has happened to us but it will be the last. We have other flights booked in December and I'll be switching to another airline. And they delay flights, which is why we had to cancel. They're not like the big guys. They admitted to us that they didn't know why the flight was delayed or if it would even take off today. Therefore we had to cancel all the legs today AND tomorrow. Our entire family vacation airfare just cost us double. We had to rebook in order to guarantee making it to the cruise on time tomorrow morning. And oh yeah, no luggage refunds either - even though this is all their fault. And it cost us $50 cancel fee per ticket. Basically $100 bucks per ticket. Never again with these guys. Can't believe they're still in business.
RouteCharleston to St. Petersburg
Date FlownJune 2022

"questioned my lack of a negative Covid test"

Trip Verified | We were scheduled to fly Ft Lauderdale FL to Eleuthera, Bahamas. Upon arrival at the airport, we presented the ticket agent with our travel documents. My husband had his passport, Bahamas Travel Visa and a negative Covid test. I had my passport, Bahamas Travel Visa, a letter from my physician, and an exemption letter from the ministry of travel of the Bahamas granting me an exemption to the testing requirement as I had recently recovered from Covid. One ticket agent questioned my lack of a negative Covid test and another agent ended up stamping us approved after some discussion. We cleared security and proceeded to the concourse where we had lunch and checked with the gate a few times to make sure flight was on time etc. As we approached the gate 45 minutes from departure, we were being paged. At that time, we were told that the airline's safety officer was denying us travel because I did not have a negative test to produce. We had to go back to the ticket counter, where one of there agents saw us approaching and recommended we check with Bahamas Air. Bahamas Air sold us a ticket which got us to Nassau where we had to overnight and then connect to Eleuthera the following day. This new ticket cost us over $700, plus over $300 to overnight in Nassau and the loss of a night at our rental in Eleuthera at $1000.00 per night. Silver Airways flies passengers on domestic routes all day with no Covid test so this decision was clearly not based in any logic or safety. The reason you no longer test until negative is some people test positive for up to 3 months. I never had one symptom but continue to test positive. This was arbitrary and punitive and I believe it was escalated to Silver Airways Safety Officer by the one ticket agent.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Eleuthera
Date FlownMay 2022

"they need to be shut down"

Trip Verified | I had a flight from New Orleans to Jacksonville. They canceled my flight after 10pm the night before i was supposed to leave, no explanation as to why just an email to contact customer service which closed at 6pmEST. I ended up spending $483 to book a last minute ticket so that I could get home. I have called customer service and no one ever answers the phone after sitting on hold for 2 hrs. Also if you do the hold your place for a call back no one calls back. No refund no nothing. This is ridiculous and they need to be shut down.
RouteNew Orleans to Jacksonville
Date FlownMay 2022

"Too good to be true. This airline is a scam"

Not Verified | Booked my ticket and was so happy for such a low price for non-stop. Too good to be true. This airline is a scam. Checked in to flight and was prepared to leave the next morning. Later the night before got an email that it was canceled with no reason and no rebooking and no refund. Crazy. Sent several emails and called to find out the customer service closed early. Spent hours trying to find another ticket on another airline. The next day called customer service and asked for a call back. 7.5 hours later got a call. No empathy no offer of a rebooking. Claims I will receive a refund in 10-15 days but refused to send an email invoice verification. Then was told to go on manage my trip. I asked them to hold on while I did that and they hung up the phone on me. I can only assume that the FAA will shut this operation down.
RouteNew Orleans to Jacksonville
Date FlownMay 2022

"My flight was cancelled without any reason given"

Trip Verified | I was returning home from a trip to St. Croix. Delta partnered with Silver for this leg of my trip. My flight was cancelled without any reason given. This cancelation caused me to miss my connecting flight. I was told there was reservations made for me at the Marriott Courtyard in San Juan as I was going to have to spend the night. Long story short. They issued me hotel, taxi and meal vouchers. None of them were accepted with the exception of the taxi drivers and they probably won't get their money either. I had to pay for my hotel as well as my food. I sent an email to their customer relations department but from reading their so-called "customer care plan" I won't hear from them in another 60 days. From reading the complaints on this site, I think we should all ban together and file a class action for our troubles.
RouteSaint Croix to San Juan