Silver Airways

"This airline is worse than a joke"

Not Verified | My wife and I were scheduled to fly to Abaco, Bahamas on October 10. With the destruction from Hurricane Dorian that trip was obviously impossible, I contacted Silver Airways 3 times via their website and 2 times by phone within 5 days of disaster to request refund/transfer of tickets to new destination. I did not get any response. Finally sat on phone (hold) for 1.5 hours to get customer service agent. I was told I couldn't get a refund because their flights to Abaco had not been canceled yet! They would not transfer our tickets to another destination for the same reason. I asked when the flights would be canceled (to get refund/transfer) and was told 1 hour before the scheduled flight! Had to purchase new tickets for another destination - could find no other options except for charter for $3860/pp. After purchase of new tickets I asked to talk with a supervisor and the rep hung up saying they were too busy! I just checked Silver's website and they are allowing people to book and pay for Abaco as of 9 am CDT on 10/4 even though there is no airport to fly into! This airline is worse than a joke. They are a scam! I will never use them again. Will be getting on phone (and hold no doubt) to try again to get our original flight purchase.
AircraftSaab
RouteOrlando to Treasure Cay Airport via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownOctober 2019

"most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Never again! We only flew with this airline because it was the cheapest route, and I promise we will always pay a premium from now on to never fly with Silver again. The flight was delayed by 2 hours. That’s fine things happen, I get it. But we had absolutely no communication from the staff to even say there was a delay. They just kept us waiting. All you have to do it make an announcement that the flight is delayed .. easy. I then called ahead months before to ensure that my husband got a window seat. Which was an additional charge to choose your seats. Upon boarding the aircraft (finally) we noticed they did not allow 5 passengers to board because apparently they had switched aircraft and now the new aircraft didn’t have enough seats for everyone ... are you kidding? So those 5 people just randomly got kicked off? I am not sure. But luckily we got in the flight and found that our seats, which we paid extra for, had been given away to another couple. The desk agent had hand wrote on their boarding pass and crossed out their old seats and gave our seats to them by hand writing in.. wow professional much? So we got moved to a row that didn’t have a window. Of course. The flight takes off and I can assure you it was the noisiest most uncomfortable flight of my life. Thank goodness I had earplug to drown the sound out. The seats were also ripped and run down. Not surprisingly the returning flight with silver was also delayed. Not shocking by now. So after all of this chaos and horrible communication we will never fly with this terrible company again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Great Exuma
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Key West to Fort Lauderdale. This was my first time flying Silver Airways and I was pleasantly surprised. The hot pink airplane with the flamingo tail was actually very comfortable and it looked very new. The seats were very comfortable, reclined, and the leg room incredible, they even gave me bottled water for free. This was the best 40 minute flight of my life. Check in at Key West was pleasant and the only flight attendant was actually nicer than I expected. I am not sure what all the negative reviews are about but my experience was very pleasant and I will fly them again if I can or if my company books me another flight.
AircraftATR 42-600
RouteKey West to Fort Lauderdale

"noisy and uncomfortable"

Not Verified | Tampa to Nassau. Never again will I fly Silver Airways. Extremely noisy and uncomfortable. Staff are not friendly or attentive. Our first flight was overbooked. Our flight back was overbooked too! It was changed from 3:15 pm to 12 pm! Then it was changed till the next day. Then it was changed back to 3:15 pm on the same day. Waited at the airport for hours with no proper information or explanation. My friends had a similar experience on Silver Airways. Please don’t fly them. Please use other airlines with a proper service if you don’t want to be stressed like us on these flights. Very disappointing.
RouteTampa to Nassau
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I would fly them again for sure"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Key West. Silver Airways did a great job. After reading reviews I was wondering if I made the right choice. I was very pleased. Our flight to key west was on time and way better than driving from Orlando. The return flight was half empty. Left on time and our stewardess was very polite and let us move to a better seat. Nancy then spent time talking with my wife and I about flying and what a great place Sliver was to work for. It was a little warm but that’s with smaller planes on a runway. There’s only some much they can do about that. The gate people were nice and pleasant. Overall I would fly them again for sure.
RouteOrlando to Key West
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I will not fly this airline anymore"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Pensacola. Worst airline, cancelled all flights because of Dorian then just offered an airline credit for a future flight. Rescheduled flight for the first available and has been delayed so far from 8.20 am departure to a 1.20pm. Don't fly Silver Airways if you need to be somewhere in a timely manner. Going forward I will not fly this airline anymore.
AircraftSaab
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"thank the 3 Silver Airways employees"

Not Verified | I just wanted to thank the 3 Silver Airways employees that helped me and my family and 2 additional families on 08/30/19 get a hotel and a flight back home during the pre-hurricane Dorian process. The 3 Silver Airway employees helped us from 5pm to 9pm on 08/30/19.
RouteExuma to Ft. Lauderdale

"Bad customer service"

Not Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Exuma. This was a horrible flight, never again will we use this airline. You put us on a plane, took us off that plane and then delayed our flight for four hours. Bad customer service!
RouteFt Lauderdale to Exuma
Date FlownAugust 2019

"experience turned into a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. The agent who added check in bag over the phone was superb and very customer centric. However, when I reached the airport to drop bag , my experience turned into a nightmare and it spoilt the entire trip and the memories of my stay at Orlando. The agent was extremely rude. Didn’t want to answer questions and when I was just giving a feedback he got angry and egoistic and told me that he didn’t want to check me in. I had no option but to just stay calm and politely request him to go ahead. My fault - I had handed my credit card for extra luggage and was just trying to understand the airlines policy. He got irritable and asked me why am I asking him. Then I said that other airlines have different policy I wanted to understand silver airways. I had already handed my credit card for payment but wanted to know the reason for extra weight charge more then extra bag charge. He got flared up and told me to fly another airline. I politely told him that I am just trying to understand the policy. He said no I was arguing and I shouldn’t ask him. I said can I speak to supervisor, he said he is the one over there and then he got angry and said he doesn’t want to check me in and gave back my credit card. I told him I have already given the card but for future I was asking but anyway I requested that please check me in. He then took card again, i waited and collected my boarding pass. I am not the type of person who likes to raise voice or let someone’s ego affect me but this incident left a very bad taste.
RouteOrlando to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Every leg of trip was cancelled"

Trip Verified | We booked online direct through Silver Airlines website (not through a travel agent) and paid in full for 4 round trip tickets from Huntsville Alabama to North Eleuthera, Bahamas leaving June 30 and returning July 9 for a total of $2164.72. Every leg of our trip was cancelled and we never flew on a Silver Airlines flight. When our Huntsville flight was canceled we drove to Orlando to catch the next flight. When it was canceled we drove to Ft. Lauderdale to catch the next flight we were moved to. When that flight was canceled we were told it would be 2 days before we could get put on a Silver Airlines flight to our destination of North Eleuthera where we had rented a house and a boat June 30-July 8. Since we had already lost 2 days of our vacation, we agreed to let Silver Airlines customer service at the Ft. Lauderdale airport put us on a Bahamas Air flight roundtrip to Nassau. We then had to pay out of pocket to get from Nassau to North Eleuthera ($914.98). We also had to pay out of our own pocket for a hotel in Nassau ($338.14) for the night because our flight got there too late to connect to our final destination. We requested a refund at the Fort Lauderdale Airport once we returned from the Bahamas and was told we had to email the customer relations team for a refund. We have not had any response to our request for a refund other than an automated message that our email was received. The email was sent 7/29/19. How can a company continue to operate like this and not take responsibility? We are not going to let this go, I will continue to use all resources I can find to get my refund.
RouteHuntsville to North Eleuthera