Silver Airways

"fly with a real airline"

Trip Verified | I never even got a chance to fly Silver. They cancelled my flight, offered no alternate flights after the abrupt cancellation, and refused to answer the phone when I called customer support for a refund of my ticket and overpriced pet fee. After over five hours waiting in the callback queue, they called and immediately disconnected when I answered the phone. I called back right away and was put on hold for another hour. After five dozen loops of the same instrumental rock song, you'll never guess what happened...they dropped the call again. Save yourself the headache and fly with a real airline. Silver is quite the misnomer, as real silver is actually worth something.
RouteJacksonville to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"worst airline I have experienced"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airline I have experienced in my life. Went on a 15 min flight from Puerto Rico and they managed to misplace luggage for 80% of passengers on board. Our flight has already been delayed 3 hours for absolutely no reason. I filed a claim for my luggage and they gave me a phone number to follow up. I’ve been calling them non stop, no answer, will have to show up at the airport in person. Super annoyed.
RouteSan Juan to St Thomas
Date FlownNovember 2021

"airline is absolute garbage"

(US Virgin Islands)

Not Verified | This airline is absolute garbage. I have traveled my entire life and have flown between the states to St Thomas and have never felt the need to write a review. Each time I have used this airline there have been hours in delays, baggage loss, and no support or compensation. The attendants rudely yelled at passengers that were confused because they were given no direction getting of the plane on this specific trip as well. It once took me 4 days to reach a representative for my lost baggage. There are plenty of Great airlines to use, never use this as your option.
RouteSan Juan to St Thomas
Date FlownNovember 2021

"They are very disorganized. The most basic airline"

Not Verified | We flew direct from Key West to Tampa. My fiancé and I checked 2 bags, identical bags, we get to Tampa and only his bag is there. We find some lady that nonchalantly tells us to go to the ticket counter. We tell the guy our bag didn't arrive. He asks for my id and phone number. Gives it back and says nothing else. So I say after a minute or two can we have an update? He says he's waiting to hear back from his supervisor. We go sit down and wait. 45 minutes later he comes back and says they don't know where my bag is and they are waiting to hear from Key West. He said you can leave and I'll call you when he hears back. 5 hours later no one has called. So I scour the internet looking for a number that actually works for the Tampa Silver Counter. Finally get someone to pick up and they still haven't located my bag. 1 hour later someone calls me saying it got left in Key West and will be to Tampa by 8.30. I say so do I just go to the belt? He goes no, come to the ticket counter with your id. So I go back at 8.30, there's a sign saying the ticket counter is closed for the night. I roll my eyes and go down to the belt and thankfully it's there. I emailed "customer relations" and he said my bag didn't make the flight because of weight restrictions, which is fine but why did no one tell me and it took 6 hours to locate my bag. They are very disorganized. The most basic airline. No wifi, no TVs, no drink service, no ramp to the plane, you have to walk outside forever. Just not worth it and the flights were $400 a piece. The company is low budget all around.
RouteKey West to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2021

"managed to misplace all of our 4 bags"

Trip Verified | We booked through United Airlines and only discovered we were flying Silver Airlines upon arriving at the airport. It was a one hour flight to Key West from Tampa with 48 passengers. They managed to misplace all of our 4 bags and they didn't arrive until the next day. On our return flight they lost one on three bags. There was no one at their ticket counter, no one at baggage claim and no representative to be found anywhere in the airport. There is also no answer on any of their telephone numbers and the website doesn't give you help in contacting them. Don't fly them unless you have carry on only and don't care much about customer service.
RouteTampa to Key West
Date FlownOctober 2021

"never use Silver Airways again"

Trip Verified | There is a list of items that went wrong when we used Silver for a trip from Ft Lauderdale to North Eleuthera. They delayed our flight by over 4 hours. Customer service was non-existent and it caused us to miss a connecting flight. Checked bags were damaged. The planes are gross. They should clean the planes at least once per day. We paid for front row seats and the attendant made us move to the back of the plane to rebalance. That money was never refunded because there is no customer service. I’ll never use Silver Airways again. Only use them if you absolutely have to.
RouteFt lauderdale to North Eleuthera
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Will never fly again"

Not Verified | Will never fly again. Flights both directions delayed for hours on end for no reason. It’s clear that in Fort Lauderdale they have one gate so they have to juggle boarding flights, which ultimately makes everything else delayed. Currently on hour 2 of my delay back home with no end in sight.
RouteFt Lauderdale to North Eleuthrea
Date FlownAugust 2021

"The flight attendants were very sweet and welcoming"

Trip Verified | Those leaving bad reviews should have done their research. If you want big comfy seating and all the bells and whistles stick with Delta and pay $$$$! I wanted an amazing affordable experience for my kids and I and Silver Airways delivered. Flying solo with 3 kids ages 1, 6 and 7, I feared the worst. To my surprise it was the exact opposite. The lady at check-in was very friendly and helpful. I was able to change my seats and she even gave all the children toy flamingos. Boarding was very fast and easy. I ended up taking my stroller all the way to loading. The flight was not very loud as we sat in the very back. Seats were big enough to hold an infant comfortably the whole flight. The flight attendants were very sweet and welcoming. The plane was warm at take off and landing, but during flight cool and comfortable. We experienced some turbulence due to weather which had no affect on my children. Once we landed my stroller was waiting on me outside the plane. The fact that I could fly 4 people for $260 and have overall great experience is priceless. I will definitely fly Silver Airways again and I suggest you do too.
RouteGreenville SC to Orlando FL
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Save yourself the headache and fly with a reputable company"

Trip Verified | I was a little leery about this company because of all of the one star reviews, however, it was the only nonstop flight for a trip I was going to take so I took it. I unexpectedly needed to change my flight for the way there to another airline — and that’s where the problems start. This airlines website is unusable, it takes at least an hour to get anyone on the phone, and no one you speak to knows what they are doing. I was finally able to exchange my flight (other airlines you can do that online!) For the flight home with them, their check in service was horribly slow. There was only one woman manning the counter, and she was talking to her friend on the phone the whole time making the process slower. Every other airlines check in counter was moving fast. When I got on the plane, the airplane was small with no extras like other airlines. I can’t even say you get what you pay for, because I paid the more than the bigger airlines! Everything is worse though. This company has an extensive list of FAQs and terms of service online but they try to sneak ones that contradict those in a link when you book. A super sketchy practice, and then they also don’t even follow those terms. They expired my travel funds when they should not have have expired. This is a sketchy company with terrible customer service. I’m not a crier, but I’ve cried both times I’ve had to call this company from sheer frustration. Save yourself the headache and fly with a reputable company instead.
RouteCharleson to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2021

"no delays or other issues"

Not Verified | Despite all the negative reviews, we booked through JetBlue and we had no delays or other issues on both our flights to and from Exuma. The flight staff didn't do much, but offer bottles of water, but we were in the air for 1 hour, no issue for us. Boarding was on time and fast. On return to FLL we were unloaded into a bus and taken to customs and it again was a smooth process and were in customs in 10 to 15 minutes. It's a small aircraft and only in air for short period of time, not sure what people expect for this type of flight.
RouteExuma to Ft Lauderdale