Silver Airways

"Be very wary of this Airline"

Trip Verified | I cannot believe this Airline is doing business legitimately. We had a return flight booked through United Airlines from Ft Lauderdale, FL to Tampa, FL in the afternoon. United apparently partners with Silver Airways. We were never sent a link or reminder to "Check In", so we had no way to do a mobile check-in. We called Silver Airlines and the Rep said "we can't tell you if it's going to leave or not" We then looked at the United App, it said "Delayed". The departure time now showed 4.5 hours later. We called United and the Agent said the flight WAS LEAVING AS SCHEDULED and didn't know why the SA Agent would tell us otherwise. But interestingly, United's App did show delayed. So then there's that. We called Silver Airways 3 times over the next few hours and they kept telling us they didn't know if the flight would leave or not but that we should just show up at the airport anyway. To quote her "just come to the airport and you'll be good to go. We don't know if the plane will leave or not. Sometimes they need to do an oil change." This is where I lost my head. Amongst other choice words, I told her I could rent a car and drive to my destination in 3.5 hours. I wasn't going to make a trip to the airport and wait for a flight that "may or may not happen". I need to know now if the flight is on schedule so that I can make alternative plans. How can you tell your passengers you don't know if their flight will leave or not? She put me on hold to speak to her supervisor, then returned and said, yes the flight would leave on time. This caused us 6 hours of confusion and angst. It ruined our plans for the day in Miami, since we didn't know if or how we would leave. In all of my years, I've had delays, cancellations, interruptions...yes, even oil changes....but I've never been told maybe it will go and maybe it won't. I'll just have to wait and see? I suspect something else was going on here, but I'm not sure what or why they would string passengers on like that. Be very wary of this Airline. If United or Delta try to book you on it as a partner airline, I suggest you politely decline.
RouteTampa to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2022

"really a bad experience"

Not Verified | I will not recommend this airline to anyone. It seems no one wants to take accountability for anything. The ground staff was good but they input the TSA PRE CHECK was put in wrong so even though It said TSA precheck on my boarding pass but they did not allow me. Since the Airline was a partner of United we purchased our tickets with United Card so at least 1 bags can be checked in for free but no that does not work I had to pay $35 for the checked bag. When I returned to Orlando the bags took more then 1 hour to be on the belt so all the passengers were waiting for their bags. This was really a bad experience.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownNovember 2022

"this has been the worst experience I have had traveling"

Not Verified | Silver Airways is an incompetent/irresponsible airline. I left Boston on October 28, 2022, via JetBlue with a connecting flight in San Juan heading to Dominica via Silver Airways. Once I reached San Juan, I was told I would have to overnight in San Juan, due to the flight being cancelled by Silver Airways. In San Juan I had a conversation with the attendant at the counter and was told that my luggage would be added to my flight in the morning and it would be at my final destination. That morning my flight was scheduled to leave San Juan at 6am and was delayed. Upon arrival in Dominica my checked luggage was left behind in San Juan. I went to the counter, I barely received any help. I gave my information and I had to make several attempts on my own. I was forced to purchase and borrow clothes from family, due to the uncertainty of when I will receive my luggage. On my return back home, I had to borrow luggage to return home. I went to the airport two hours before the check in time to only be met with no one at the counter. The check in time was extremely painful after being in line for two hours. I finally made it through, we waited for over an hour on a hot plane and was only given a warm bottle of water, while sweating. This flight was delayed for over 4 hours. Upon arrival in San Juan, I still did not receive my borrowed luggage. Due to the delay, I missed my connecting flight with JetBlue and was rebooked with Delta. I was just handed a boarding pass with no direction as what to do. Rather than having a direct from San Juan to Boston. I had a connecting which added an additional 7hrs to my flight, which caused me to not be able to go to work. Overall, this has been the worst experience I have had traveling. I will not use or recommend Silver Airways to any family and friends. In the past I enjoyed visiting Dominica, Silver Airways has made me not want to visit back home, due to this traumatizing experience while traveling. After getting home to the US, it took a few days before my luggage was delivered to my family home in Dominica. Truly Silver Airway has no regards for their customers.
RouteSan Juan to Dominica
Date FlownNovember 2022

"first and last time with them"

Not Verified | The plane and stewardesses are fine, actually they're great. Just don't call the 800 number. They are rude! So rude they hang up if they don't like a question about anything. You call back nobody answers. I had an extra charge I wanted to ask about. Instead of answering it they hung up and I tried to call back. Nobody answered. They are out sourced too so I guess they are trained that way. But money is hard to make. Stealing isn't how I make money. So go with a large company. It does cost more but you ended up paying more with this company than I would have South west or any other respectable company. This was the first and last time with them.
RouteKey West to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2022

"our experience was very positive"

Trip Verified | Not sure why all the terrible reviews, our experience was very positive. Flight there and back were on time and not travel issues. Staff was helpful and friendly. This is a small regional airline, but they fly non-stop routes that will save you a LOT of time and money. It's no frills but they got the job done comfortably. We would use them again
RouteHuntsville to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Really disappointed and upset"

Not Verified | Really disappointed and upset. Me and my husband went to our honey moon. Until coming to the airport when a few moments earlier since we kept on getting a lm error on our check in. We waiting for a customer server and no one was there. Then we asked some other customer serve that worked their if they can find us some from the silver airways. The airplane is boarding at this point and they tell us we can’t board as we late, when they was a guy who had his pass was able to leave and we tried to explain that we were unable to check in. So now we had to buy new tickets and we lost ticket from Puerto Rico to Seattle. That’s a 1,000 down the drain and they didn’t care. When we still had 35 min until boarding. So no me we not only wasted a day now we have to stay the night at a hotel and so much other little things. When this was able to be avoided if they let us board when we had 35 mins more left when their websites was giving us an error. Everything was horrible they didn’t care whatsoever. The fact that no one is even at the desk. We would’ve made it according to them if we came 15 min earlier when we did and no one was their so we went and asked around. And even then we still had 35 min and they said they can’t do anything about it.
RouteUS Virgin Islands to Puerto Rico
Date FlownOctober 2022

"service is absolutely horrible"

Not Verified | Never provided information that there was a plane change (smaller aircraft) until it was time to board. Then they managed to get us on board but didn't state that the same problems would exist at our first stop (Orlando). They overbooked and had passengers from another flight waiting to board our flight. Why would an airline fly you out of your home airport and leave you stranded in another city purposely. Then they advised us to rent a car and it would be reimbursed. That was a complete lie. Customer service is absolutely horrible. And by the way I booked through United Airlines and was told the flight would be serviced by Silver
RouteFt Lauderdale to Pensacola
Date FlownMarch 2022

"so disappointing in so many ways"

Trip Verified | Horrible flight from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale NO AIR CONDITIONING. Once airborne the inside cabin rose to 90 degrees. People were sweating in their seats. The flight crew gave out room temperature water. Upon landing, they opened the back doors and left everyone standing and waiting 15-20 min while they took off the luggage from back of plane. The temperature rose to over 100 degrees, children were crying, elderly ladies were feeling faint, we put water on them and were fanning them with the emergency brochures. When we repeatedly asked if we could deplane first as people were getting sick - they said noand the baggage people continued unloading at a slow pace. WHATS WORSE: They loaded up the plane with people moments after we got off for the next flight. And they would experience the same horrible flight. This is so disappointing in so many ways. NEVER FLY SILVER AIRWAYS!!
RouteOrlando to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"discounted customer service"

Not Verified | I made a mistake and figured I would save 100 dollars and book JetBlue and Silver Airways on my return trip from Colombia - huge mistake. Literally 2 hours before my flight is supposed to leave and the Silver Airways employees aren't even at the kiosk. I guess discounted plane tickets mean discounted customer service.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Pensacola
Date FlownAugust 2022

"been a horrible experience"

(Puerto Rico)

Not Verified | I booked a round trip flight for a friend from San Juan to Santiago and back for her to attend an event. The flight has been cancelled twice. The first time they gave me a new date but never sent me the notice. I only learned of this because I tried to change the date myself. And thank God the event was changed to September, so I changed the flight Now this second time it's been four days since I got notice that the flight has been cancelled again and I still haven't got an answer from them regarding a new flight day. And also, the fact that I am hard of hearing. They have never answered my emails except with an automated message and when I tried to reach them through Instagram they answered me that I needed to make a phone call! I had to ask another friend to make the phone call for me. It has been a horrible experience. I'm never using this airline again.
RouteSan Juan to Santiago