Qatar Airways

"the QR experience was top notch"

Trip Verified | We were originally scheduled to fly SFO-DOH-MEL however due to Australian passenger arrival caps, the DOH-MEL sector was cancelled and QR offered to reroute us into BNE two days after our original departure date. This was sincerely appreciated, particularly given our experience with other carriers flying into Australia who cancelled close to departure without any help in rescheduling or rerouting. As always, the QR experience was top notch. The QSuite and bedding were extremely comfortable, food very good, wine list outstanding and cabin crew service exemplary. Check-in and transit in Doha were seamless. I was a big fan of QR before this experience, however the way in which they handled our re-accommodated into Brisbane has now earned them my loyalty. A stark contrast to other carriers flying into Australia during the pandemic.
AircraftA350-1000 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Brisbane via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Great service from Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | Travelled Hyderabad to Frankfurt via Doha in October 2021 with wife and 7 months old baby. Great service from Qatar Airways. They already knew what has to be done. No priority boarding at HYD but it was on Doha airport. Food was good.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A350
RouteHyderabad to Frankfurt via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I will never fly them again"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Booked a First and business class ticket and website says you can change a booking at no cost before the trip begins. On return leg passing through Doha I wanted to to change the booked flight to an earlier flight. Airline wanted to charge 1500 Euro to change the flight from Doha to Riyadh. I asked to downgrade to economy without paying and they refused. I asked to cancel this first class sector and buy an economy ticket and they refused. It was cheaper to buy a new ticket. I will never fly them again.
RouteRome to Riyadh via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"a new flight with a transit of 14 hours"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Initially my flight got cancelled and my transit time was 1 hour and a few minutes. They gave me a new flight with a transit of 14 hours. On arrival to Doha, I had paid for a lounge when purchasing my ticket that gives me access to 6hours of the lounge. I had to pay another 55 USD so I can stay till my flight time. I will not be flying this airline in the future.
RouteJohannesburg to Munich via Doha

"I had a row to myself"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | The flight from Islamabad to Doha was full, lots of hand luggage. The crew barked orders at the passengers and stuffed the overhead bins with anything that would fit. On the flight to Tokyo, I had a row to myself and a very attentive and friendly crew, similar to other experiences I have with the airline. There was a scheduled 21h layover in Doha, but the airline stopped their offer for a hotel room for such long stays. If I hadn't inquired, I wouldn't have been told about the 1 meal voucher they offer. Everything except the food court is overpriced at that airport.
RouteIslamabad to Tokyo via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"no clear communication on documents"

Trip Verified | There is no clear communication on documents to be carried for COVID. We had to do our own research then Qatar forced us to take print outs at an expensive shop in Zurich airport. They don't let you board even if you have 1 document missing. The trip from Doha to Mumbai was on an A320, no space for hand baggage. The flight was congested and dirty.
RouteZurich to Mumbai via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"food is good and the service awesome"

Trip Verified | I have visited my husband 5 times I the last 2 years and have flown Qatar twice in those trips. Both times the flights are comfortable even though one of the flights is 14 hours. The food is good and the service awesome and they bring beverages often without having to call for service. There is plenty of leg room and seats are comfortable.
RouteSan Francisco to Islamabad via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2021

"check-in at Larnaca was one of the worst"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Service on board was efficient and friendly. I feel that on all flights the comfort pack travellers receive is inadequate and not up to the standard of other airline standards. On the return, the check-in at Larnaca was one of the worst I have ever experienced. The was 1 business class counter and one bag drop counter. The agent on duty was expected to scan every travel document manually (although this information was in the booking already) which resulted in a minimum check-in time of 2o mins per pax and long queues. Two wheelchairs were booked for Doha; they were only aware of one. The system with the golf carts was chaotic and when questioned the staff said it was unavoidable as they were short-staffed. As we had a 7-hour layover in Doha we decided to use the "Quiet Lounge". The design of these cubicles is non-sensical: they contain either one uncomfortable, narrow couch plus an armchair and footstool or 2 chairs and a footstool. Neither is comfortable enough to sleep on and loads of space that could have been better utilized is available for hanging garments and suitcases. Qatar need to streamline their business class offering so that it is excellent in every way not just the seating on board.
RouteCape Town to Larnaca via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"It was a good experience"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | It was a good experience however I check-in 6hrs earlier before flight but I was seated at the back side of aircraft. I thought if you check-in early you'll get front seat. I was travelling for an emergency that's why I have no time to book/reserve a seat. Overall service was good as usual.
RouteDoha to Clark
Date FlownOctober 2021

"attendants were friendly and accommodating"

Not Verified | This was the best flight I have ever taken. The business class seats and individual pods have been designed to be extremely comfortable and luxurious. Our attendants were friendly and accommodating, and it was obvious that passenger satisfaction and enjoyment were first and foremost. Our flight was over 14 hours, but it didn't seem like it!
RouteDallas to Doha