Qatar Airways

Customer rating from 2020 reviews

"affected by the retiming of flight"

Trip Verified | My flight to Istanbul via Doha was affected by the retiming of flight QR947 SIN-DOH from 2115 to 1035 on 2 June of almost 11 hours earlier departure timing from Singapore to Doha. The resulted in an extremely long layover of 17 hrs 45 mins instead of a planned and bearable 7 hrs 25 mins. It was during the course of downloading the QR App that we noted that the flight timing differs from the timing originally booked. We called Customer Service Hotline immediately to understand the situation and our options. However, we were only told to contact Qatar Airways Customer Care via portal/email. We lodged our concerns to seek alternative arrangements and or suitable recovery efforts at Doha Airport. To-date we have not heard from QR office despite 2 email reminders. Upon landing at Doha Airport, we approached Qatar Airways Transit Desk to listen to what recovery arrangements have been made for affected passengers. We requested for a ‘Flight disruption letter’ to facilitate any possible travel insurance claim. The Manager told us that no flight disruption letter will be issued from Doha as the flight disruption had taken place outbound from Singapore. However, this was inconsistent with what passengers were told when the same request was made at the QR check-in counter in Singapore ie. to be provided at DOHA. In relation to our request for accommodation / lounge access, the Manager explained that due to COVID reasons, no accommodation nor lounge access could be arranged for affected passengers. Giving the benefit of the doubt to Qatar Airways, the least one would expect is for the airline to mitigate the inconvenience caused through other measures. Instead, other than meal vouchers, none was forthcoming. We also note that some affected passengers were able to have lounge access or sleep pods at their own expense.
RouteSingapore to Istanbul via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"changed my flight several times"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight for October 2022 from Dubai to Chicago via Doha and Boston in Q-Suite. Qatar changed my flight several times and now I am flying Dubai-Doha-Montreal-Chicago, not in Q-Suite. The annoying part was, that my ticket requested me to pay for my seat assignment. Of course I expected Qatar airways that if they change my flight, they also change my seat to the new route/plane for the fee, which I had paid for the original itinerary. With every change Qatar made, I had to call customer service, explain my entire problem and have endless discussions about why I do not pay again for a new seat assignment, if Qatar is the one to change my flights. It was nerve wrecking, time consuming and straightforward unpleasant and annoying. As nice as their Qsuite may be, the changes are horrible. And even though I am already on my way to Platinum status, this was my last booking with them, as I am fed up with an unreliable company.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteDubai to Montreal via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2022

"best airline I have ever used"

Trip Verified | The first leg of my journey was from Melbourne to Doha night time flight and I was hoping I’d get a few hours of sleep to help with the jet lag. The lounges at Melbourne were great, food was good and very friendly staff. After a relaxing wait I went to board and I was lucky and fortunate enough to be upgraded to business class (much to my shock and surprise) I was speechless. Once I had boarded the plane I was amazed at my surroundings, I’ve never experienced anything like this. The Air hostess was so good, friendly and really made my experience extremely pleasant. Everything about this leg of the flight was perfect - I slept in absolute comfort, the seats reclined so I could lay down, the service was incredible, the menu had a variety of choices and the entertainment was excellent. Quite simply, Qatar airways have a customer for life and they are the best airline I have ever used, I cannot recommend highly enough. Thank you so much Qatar Airways for making my journey one of the best experiences I’ve ever had in my life and I’m still smiling today.
RouteMelbourne to London via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Doha Airport has lost its advantage"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Check in at Bangkok airport was swift and efficient, despite a folly booked A380. It was disappointing that Qatar seems not to re-open its flagship lounge at BKK airport after more than 2 years of closure. Does not make sense to use a very mediocre Miracle lounge since number of flights are back to pre Covid, and airfares about 40% higher in comparison to pre Covid times. Flight was uneventful, food was nothing to shout about. Champagne was uncoiled, red wine was ice cold. I was glad that my flight from Doha was from B2 gate and not the usual bus station like E area. I could not be more wrong. They used an empty airbridge gate and used buses from there. The worst part was to sit in an very hot aircraft with an open door on the tarmac with a very weak aircondition. Generally, Doha Airport has lost its advantage over other airports and is the weakest part of the overall experience while flying Qatar. The flight to Warsaw was good, with better service and food in comparison to my first leg of the journey. There are no more amenity kits for Doha to Europe flights. When I asked about it, I was told that there are no more kits for flights below 6h. Both of my flights were 5.5h; but the BKK to Doha sector had a lovely amenity kit. Overall ok flights, but Qatar lacks consistency, and the ground services in Doha are getting worse. I was lucky enough to have good seats on this trip; not Qsuites, but not the dreaded 2-2-2 configuration.
AircraftA380/Boeing 787-8
RouteBangkok to Warsaw via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"seating is very spacious"

Trip Verified | I fly with Qatar Airways every month. Credit where credit is due they are by far the best airline in the world. Staff are excellent, tentative onboard and at checkin. The seating is very spacious, food is of a high standard and inflight entertainment excellent. You can’t ask for anymore from an airline. I’m in the T4 frequent flyer lounge at Heathrow and WOW Thank you
RouteDoha to London
Date FlownJune 2022

"flight was on an older A350"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The fare was through the roof but we had no choice as no other airline serves the route except Etihad and their connection times are ridiculous. The flight was on an older A350 and the age was clearly showing, the cabin staff seemed stressed and the food was limited for choice. No QSuites just the old configuration the airline is stretched because of lack of equipment.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDoha to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2022

"tell me off for taking a video"

Trip Verified | Manila-Doha in business class, Doha-London Heathrow Economy QR 9 on A380 (4/7/22) My first time flying economy in so many years and I thought I’d leave the Doha to Heathrow as it was. I was able to upgrade my Manila to Doha flight but not the Heathrow leg. Business class from LHR-Doha-Manila were all in the comfort of Q Suite. Business class on Qatar Airways is beyond expectation and the crew were all excellent until I flew on their economy. I felt that one of the crew was quite rude and obnoxious and tried to tell me off for taking a video and demanded that I’d delete it.
RouteManila to London via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"we had a pleasant trip both ways"

Trip Verified | We traveled as a family from US to India and back. I have to acknowledge that we had a pleasant trip both ways. The customer care was beyond excellent and the cabin crew were the most respectful and friendly staff we have ever met in all these years of our air travel. The food was absolutely incredible and the choices were simply amazing. The Hamad international airport is simply awesome and the best we have ever seen! We did not even feel that we had a 15 hour flight - it was that comfortable and relaxing! The one minus point was the crammed aircrafts from US to Doha and Doha to India (Boeing 777-300ER). It was very congested and crowded.
RouteChennai to Washington via Doha

"Comfortable flight"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Comfortable flight though the rising ticket price makes this route is extremely expensive. The check in in Jakarta was really smooth and fast because I was doing online check in before. The flight got delayed for 1 hour but still managed to arrived in Doha on time. The food is good compared to other gulf carriers, I'm amazed that even in economy class they provide some options for the passengers. Free alcohol is provided during the flight. the entertainment system is also okay. the only critics is the seat in this type of aircraft is somehow really tight for a a long flight, when there's IFE box underneath the seat it makes your space for legs even tighter. The crew was also fine.
RouteJakarta to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"smoothest flight I've ever experienced"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The flight crew were so professional and respectful. I have flown for the last 10 years but that was the smoothest flight I've ever experienced. The pilots were just top notch. The descent was so smooth. Touch was even better. Kudos to them all.
RouteNairobi to Doha