Qatar Airways

"went so above and beyond"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Clark to Boston via Doha, the flight from Clark to Doha was lovely. Unfortunately, there were some problems at the gate for the flight to Boston in the Doha airport, such as a seat reassignment due to a supposed change in aircraft (which does not seem to have occurred after all), boarding which was delayed by about 40 minutes (which led to a departure which was 40 minutes late, too), and a staff member in charge of boarding who appears to have been angry at some passengers for not showing up only when their zone was called, despite her not audibly calling anyone up for boarding after the initial invitation for business class and special assistance passengers! The cabin crew for this particular flight were outstanding and made up for the issues with the ground staff! This particular flight featured quite possibly the worst turbulence I have ever endured in my life--and I once flew through a typhoon. The flight attendants managed to serve us meals during one of the bumpiest parts of the flight and did not drop or spill anything. They continued to smile and politely ask passengers if they needed anything else. One even offered me a special meal which another passenger had not shown up for! I am a big fan of Qatar Airways--so much so that I endure 8 hour long layovers in Doha every time I fly with them, just because the experience is wonderful every time. The food is delicious, creative, and plentiful. It's also often the cheapest ticket! This time for example, my round trip ticket was for less than $900! But this time in particular, I felt that they went so above and beyond.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A350-900
RouteClark to Boston via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Everything went as expected"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Helsinki via Doha. Everything went as expected with Qatar but where has the boarding music gone? In my opinion, quality and amount of food has gone down. What is the point in amenity kits apart from the ear plugs and eye shades, does anyone use the socks and how many people brush their teeth on flights? Being a privilege club member I have nearly always taken advantage of the email offers to upgrade 1 or both legs of a flight for a very reasonable price. On this flight I thankfully read the offer through and noticed lounge access is not included and I dont see the value anymore in upgrading. 2nd leg of Doha-Helsinki was less than 1/3 full and business was completely empty and soon they will be upgrading the aircraft to A330 from Boeing 787 from Helsinki.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 787
RouteSydney to Helsinki via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"lounge had very little food"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Bangkok via Doha in June 2018. Flight from Brussels was delayed for an hour so I arrived Doha Airport at 1.35AM and missed the connecting flight departed at 1.40AM to Bangkok. I rechecked the flight schedule and thought it was possible for me to catch the other flight to Bangkok at 2.25AM; however, the ground staff told me to fly to Bangkok at 8AM because no foods were loaded for me. At 3AM, the other ground staff allowed me to sit at the lounge which had very little food. I spent more than 6 hrs at Doha airport without a proper meal.
RouteBrussels to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownJune 2018

"I would fly them again"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Doha. Flights were on time and seating, meals and the service were good. I usually book cheaper options and disregard Qatar Airways but to be honest I would fly them again.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"On arrival there was no stroller"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Doha. On aircraft the staff took my baby stroller and when I asked for a tag number for the stroller the guy told me that “we have cargo problem and we can’t give a tag for the stroller right now but we will make sure that you get back your stroller at the gate on arrival”. On arrival there was no stroller and I complained at Qatar airways office at Doha airport directly after arrival before leaving the airport. Since October 4th, I was trying to keep in touch with the baggage service team. I called many many time and every time they answered that they are waiting for the Montreal team to answered. Finally, the day before my flight back to Canada they told me that it’s not Qatar airways liability that I miss the stroller. I agree that I have to have a tag number but if the staff told me that they cannot give me tag number because of the cargo problem that they have what I can do except trusting them. Most of the staff were amazing but I didn’t like how they were procrastinating and left me for only few hours before my next flight and tell me that they’re not responsible.
RouteMontreal to Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they used my Wife's Qmiles"

Trip Verified | Perth to Doha. Had huge problems processing a Qmiles award upgrade from Business to First class. Took 6 weeks, and 23 Support Tickets to resolve. Tried to call: Was told that the support line can no longer work on award upgrades, please use Website But the website was broken that could not do online. Situation was made worse when my wife was upgraded to First but I couldn't. Eventually the upgrade was processed but they used my Wife's Qmiles; not mine. Another bunch of emails to resolve this. QR: They have problems with the handling of your Qmiles. And you have a second (bigger) problem where your support staff flag SRs (Support Requests) as 'Resolved' but do nothing.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RoutePerth to Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"service is excellent"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Doha. They deserve to be the best airline again, service is excellent in every flight as well in the airport gates. I felt a nice ambiance and atmosphere on board and I felt secured by the crew.
RouteMilan to Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Qatar Airways is good to fly with"

Trip Verified | London to Chennai via Doha. Outward leg 8am departure from Heathrow, aisle seat and reasonably comfortable only to find there were only 29 people in economy. Freedom to choose seats after takeoff as long as we were in the back of the plane. Cabin crew were excellent. Doha to Chennai-plane was fairly full but again an aisle seat by choice. Aircraft was an A330 not as nice as the 777. Evening meal was served quickly, food was average and arrived in Chennai on schedule at 2 am. Return legs a 4am departure from Mumbai, get there early as Mumbai is chaos - on 777-fairly full flight but crew were pleasant enough. Breakfast served which was quite good. Landed in Doha late which meant connecting to the Heathrow flight was a rush. We landed at gate 20 and the plane for UK departed from Gate 1 so it was a mad rush but the ground staff saw me and informed the gate staff that I was late. On board flight fairly full, somebody was in my seat and refused to move but the senior cabin crew guy took me off to near the front of the plane and found me a better seat -still in economy but aisle/window choice - good and alert response to the situation. Flight timing meant a second breakfast--strangely not near the quality of the first one. Qatar Airways is good to fly with.
RouteLondon to Chennai via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Qsuite with impeccable service"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Munich via Doha. Red eye flight from Kuala Lumpur to Doha. Great lounge at KLIA with ala carte restaurant. Flight was good as always on Qatar. What sets Qatar apart from other carriers is its consistency. The negative aspect of the trip, was again the nightmare of the lounge at Doha airport. It was the busiest time of the day at 6 am, and there was no seat, there were 21 people waiting for a shower which I was told would take 2h to clear. That lounge at peak hours, and the fact that there was no airbridge for arrival and departure with extra time spent to be driven to the plane in a remote position, were the only weakness I see in Qatar but they happen every time I fly. The flight from Doha to Munich was in their gorgeous Qsuite with impeccable service.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777
RouteKuala Lumpur to Munich via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Privilege Club become inefficient"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Amman. I need to add few words about Qatar Airways Privilege Club program and support. This has become an inefficient. Delays in adding points on partners airlines in addition to huge delay when it comes to support. I have three pending Service Requests with the Privilege Club that are delayed for weeks without proper support. This issue reduces my satisfaction to 8 instead of 10. They need to work on this and improve the support.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDoha to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2018

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results