Qatar Airways

Customer rating from 2020 reviews

"happy that I chose Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | I and my son travelled from Mumbai to LA via Doha (Mum to Doha & then Doha to LA) on 6th Aug'22. This was a personal trip. While I have been to US several times over last 17 years - for business as well as personal trips, it was a first trip to US for my son. My son will be pursuing MS at USC in LA and hence he needed extra luggage allowance. My past experience with Qatar is the primary reason I booked our flights with Qatar, though it was not the cheapest option. I wanted to make sure that, even if I had to cancel my travel plan at last minute, my son will have hurdle free journey. However, I was happy that I chose Qatar Airways. Every stage - flight booking, seat & meal selection, check-in, in-flight exp, meals & snacks, in-flight entertainment, baggage handling - was a pleasant experience. Qatar provided extra luggage allowance as student allowance to my son. Qatar also provided full-flight complimentary wi-fi to him as a student offer. We are vegetarians. Almost all airlines have vegetarian meal option but a handful provide good quality and tasty veg meals. Qatar veg meal was excellent. So was their choice of snacks and beverages. Staff was polite and friendly though we were in Economy. I have noticed a stark difference in airline staff behavior when they deal with Business versus Economy class passengers. Even in Economy, their staff was cordial and caring. There were several passengers with variety of queries ranging from meal options to why satellite-based wi-fi was not working at certain times. Staff was answering and helping passengers with genuine interest. A couple of suggestions : 1) Qatar should consider waiving off seat selection fees for middle seats. I had to pay for it as I wanted to make sure I travel together with my son 2) I am not sure if Qatar provides confirmation notification about successful luggage transfer in connecting flights. If they don't then they must consider providing this notification as it will serve as a huge relief for the passengers that their luggage is not left behind. Some other airlines do provide such notifications either via their app or SMS.
RouteMumbai to Los Angeles via Doha

"They did not have WiFI"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | One day before boarding I checked on their web site and it stated QR947 will have Qsuites which was not true actually it was one of the ex Cathay Pacific aircraft they bought to cover the shortage of equipment they are suffering from the A350 groundings. They did not have WiFI, the service was alright and don’t get me started with the catering it was inedible neither the appetizer nor the main course or the dreadful crumble dessert which has so much sugar to mask it’s shortcomings, the main course which was a prime rib was so over cooked and dry, the tapas was poor ingredients. The IFE was outdated that I had to revert to my iPad.
RouteSingapore to Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"submitted a request for compensation"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Our initial flight was cancelled and we were rebooked 24 hours later. We did get put up in a hotel but had to stand by the customer service desk for 4 hours for the transfer. The flight we were transferred to was a 3 stop Qantas/BA flight - we had originally paid extra for the 1 stop flight. The new flight time was 37 hours and on top of that it took 3.5 hours to check in at Manchester for a 45 minute flight to London. We have since submitted a request for compensation for additional costs which includes the extra we paid for exit row seats on our Qatar flight which we never got. Trying to get updates on the compensation request is impossible, you just get another automated message if you email, the customer service phone number team says it’s not their department and they can’t help, the online chat team says it’s not their problem, they can’t help and tell you to wait - when you ask for an escalation point they shut down the chat. It’s now 5 weeks since the initial submission and no update at all.
RouteManchester to Auckland via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the seat I did get was similar"

Trip Verified | Booked biz class and paid for seat reservations. No problem on fist leg but on checking in online noticed reserved window seat changed for one on the middle on the 2nd leg from Doha, no choice offered due to plane type change. Went to check in 5 hours early as could not get through to them, got the last window seat. So applied for a refund of the 2900 baht as they had not given me another window seat when they could have or offered me a choice. First they said I would get the refund in 28 days, then after a few weeks said no as the seat I did get was similar to the one I paid to reserve. Don't waste money reserving seats as they can change it and you do not get what you paid for.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"cancelled my initial connecting flight"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my initial connecting flight to JFK from DOH and insulted me more than assisted me. The representatives were very dismissive and one man even told me it was foolish to have boarded the flight in Nairobi to DOH, despite being told there that this was the best course of action. I asked about my ticketing options and after a very long wait I was ticketed for a flight to Amman where I would catch my transfer to JFK. I just had to wait for 5 hours, which I did. I asked for a meal voucher and was given the minimum voucher. I was able to eat a burger at Burger King and that cashier, Apple, was the nicest person to me of this whole experience. I went to the gate and my flight to Amman was delayed, meaning that I would miss my connection to NY. I went to the gate representative and asked for assistance. A manager came to meet me and said he would help me get the flight to JFK. He said the flight was fully booked but I would be on it. I was then brought to the quiet room and assured that they would come for me once I was ticketed. I slept for 2 hours and went back to the desk asking for an update. They said the flight to JFK was delayed and they would need to find another alternative. I asked if I will be upgraded for my trouble, but this was not possible.
RouteNairobi to New York via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"failed to deliver my baggage"

Trip Verified | I had a horrible service due to poor handling of my delayed baggage delivery to my destination. The airline failed to deliver my baggage with delays of 5 days and counting. The staff were uncommunicative, and didn’t show any care in trying to track and expedite my baggage. I am disappointed and completely frustrated with Qatar Airways service.
RouteDoha to Entebbe
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Worst service and communication"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Worst service and communication I've ever had to deal with. Was 2 days of utter hell. Arrived at Warsaw 3 hours early for check in, to find the flight was delayed 3 hours. The app never had my flights on it and constantly had to keep adding it. Doha a flight was changed with no communication again and changed seats without communication and at check in it was an "oh sorry you just have to sit there". On the website it shows in case of a delay there is a claim process which apparently their staff don't know about and are trying everything in their power not to process. Bottom line is that they are an extremely incompetent airline.
RouteWarsaw to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the cabin service was poor"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I have been a strong supporter and promoter of Qatar Airways up until this past return flight that my wife and I took from Doha to Athens (28th June 2022) and return (27th July 2022). The outbound flight crew were awful and the cabin service was poor, the crew appeared tired and 'hassled' and were not at all friendly. They did not appear to be fully trained as the usual and past cabin crew have always been, the food was really poor and tasteless. We took advantage of an upgrade offer (QR3900) for our return journey to Doha hoping to enjoy a better quality service upon our return. It proved to be anything but. Firstly the Business Class Lounge catering to Qatar Airways Business Class passengers was closed? We went to other lounges but they were full and would not accept us, eventually we found a lounge that did offer us seats in their reception area. The snack food was truly below par, so too was the extremely poor selection of beverages. We boarded on time and the crew were definitely better and friendlier than our outbound flight, the menu appeared OK but when the food was served it was not up to the Airlines usual standard. I had only a mouthful and could not eat the rest, the chicken that was served to my wife was overcooked and extremely tough. So from a clear '10' that we would rate on all of our previous flights with Qatar Airways our rating on this recent experience would be 4/10.
RouteAthens to Doha

"amazing customer service"

Trip Verified | Qatar Airways had amazing customer service from start to finish. I’ve never experienced anything like it. Qatar Airways took care of me extremely efficiently, thoroughly, and respectfully. Not to mention they will give you a full refund if you cancel your flight 3 hrs before no matter what (I never buy the insurance so I assume I would never get $ back but they were just like yeah full refund no questions asked). This has been a breath of fresh air, thank you.
RouteNew York JFK to Delhi via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"gladly choose to fly them again"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew were amazing. In-flight service is the best I've had so far. Food was good and cutleries clean and neatly wrapped. Aircraft looked really new and clean. Seating was quite comfortable. Overall, I had a pleasant experience flying Qatar airways and would gladly choose to fly them again
RouteLagos to Montreal via Doha