Qatar Airways

"I cannot recommend Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Qatar Airways. Flight canceled (happens often, Economics reasons), very late notification. Then lounge in Doha got canceled without noticing me (even though it was open). And then with a 7 hour delay in Doha QA was unable to offer an alternative which I would have paid for. Because I'm not a Silver Member? Disgusting. No Qatar for business trips if you want to meet deadlines. Bad.
RouteBali to Berlin via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"will certainly fly QA again"

Trip Verified | A direct flight to SIN would be easier, but we love Qatar Airways (QA). However, on both legs they let us down. On the 1st leg various dishes and beverages were not available. Service for a couple in the middle seats is bothersome. The staff does not manage to serve the both of us at the same time, despite our request. We have made a lot of flights with QA over the last years and this is most of the time an issue. Staff was not very attentive. On the 2nd leg it was much much better. However they conducted an aircraft change without assigning seats or give the opportunity to select seats. Staff and service was the expected level: attentive and nice. One notices clearly they are cutting costs and that influences the 5 star experience. The great staff compensates. The transfer was smooth: a wonderful lounge, a good shower. Also important: QA flies ‘on time’. That said: we will certainly fly QA again.
AircraftBoeing 787 / Boeing 777
RouteOslo to Singapore via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2022

"service minded as always!

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Aircraft unrefurbished. Tired and boring. Cabin crew excellent and service minded as always. But they forgot to load pj's for Business class.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDenpasar to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"flight attendants were superb"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | This was my first time taking the midnight departure from Doha to the USA. Qatar Airways Qsuites are very good but the WI-FI is not good. Over seven flights I have taken since July the menu had been repeated which is shocking. The entertainment was very good and the pajamas commemorating the World Cup are quite unique I plan on saving them. The flight attendants were superb.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDoha to Washington
Date FlownOctober 2022

"offered water twice outside of meals"

Trip Verified | Miami to Male via Doha. The flight to Male was nice and we received good service. However, on our return flight from Doha to Miami we paid a little extra to chose our seats and ended up sitting next to a man who was more than 2 meters tall in a group of three seats. My wife ended up moving to a row of 4 seats with only one other passenger. My wife hit the flight attendant call button twice and was never checked on. We were only offered water twice outside of meals despite constant video reminders to "Stay hydrated." We ended up loitering in the galley chugging fluids, mostly water. At Doha before entering the gate, there was an additional security checkpoint where we were forced to dump two liters of water and there were no fountains or water refill stations before boarding.
RouteMaldives to Miami via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"can't say enough great things"

Trip Verified | Absolutely wonderful experience on all 3 flights with Qatar (Doha to Melbourne October 21 and Sydney-Doha-Montreal October 30/31) (4th was a code share with Air Canada. Amazing service pre-flight (both calls ahead of flight answered within 4 rings by a real person), on the ground and in the air. Seats were comfortable (enough so that on my return, and after 40+ years of regular flights to Asia and Africa I slept for the first time, and in each case for a long time). Had a window seat on the exit row each time, as pre-booked. Food was delicious - vegetarian or chicken choices were delicious, filling and fresh - unlike other airlines' meals, I did not feel heavy or greasy after the meal. I felt better rested and relaxed than I do when I fly to Australia from Toronto via the west coast (Vancouver, LA or Houston stops). Simply can't say enough great things about Qatar!
RouteToronto to Melbourne via Doha

"terrible customer service"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | We still had a voucher from our return flight during covid from Brussels to Colombo. We wanted to book a new flight but the voucher was valid until 2 days before we wanted to book a new flight. We've contacted Qatar and someone told us we would still be able to use this voucher but she had to check and we'd hear from Qatar within two days. We never heard from them again. We've called 10 times but nobody really helped us and everyone said something different. In the end we got an email address from the Qatar refund team but we've mailed already 3 times without a reply and one email was a fake one. We've always loved to fly with Qatar but this is terrible terrible customer service. And it seems we've now lost our 680 euros worth of flying.
RouteBrussels to Colombo via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2021

"literally anyone would do better"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | The work of the land crew during the check-in and customer support service is a total disaster. Very unprofessional approach and communications, they create rules on the way, they mess with documents, and they mess with your payment and reservation (for business class!) and then they struggle to resolve it. In the end, it costs you time, it costs you money and what is more important it costs you your emotional comfort and health. What is even sadder they don't care about it at all. I submitted my complaint right after the unfortunate choice of using their services and never heard back from them (it's been 5 months). Fait to admit the cabin service was decent but by the end, it just wasn't worth it. Please save your money and dignity, chose someone else, literally anyone would do better.
RouteWarsaw to Manila via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"good service and catering"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The journey started on a rather bad note as the Air Canada Maple contract lounge is already closed for the evening FRA to DOH flight. So there will be no lounge access for the evening Qatar flight; something unheard of. When I approached the staff at the gate, they told me that they were not aware that the lounge closes at 16.45. Flight itself uneventful, with good service and catering, unfortunately no Qsuite. Arrival in Doha as almost always via a long bus transfer. Al Safa lounge as always impeccable. Flight to Bangkok in Qsuite, with again good service and catering. This time equipped with Qsuites.
AircraftBoeing 788 / Boeing 773ER
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Doha

"a very good experience"

Trip Verified | FRA-DOH-SIN return. My first time onboard the "best airline“ and I wasn’t disappointed. Qatar offers a high level of service and comfort from beginning to the end oft the journey. I was concerned about the chaotic situation at European airports this summer, but check-in and security at Frankfurt were fast and efficient. Transfer at Doha Hamad was very good too. QR’s onboard product is amazing with a professional crew, comfortable seats, good IFE and delicious meals. However meal service was a bit inconsistent: a welcome drink was only offered during the FRA-DOH flight, while only during the SIN-DOH flight there was no coffee service after the meal. And I want to mention that there is a difference between the aircraft types 777-300ER and A350-900. I definitely prefer the A350 because seats are wider, IFE has more content, the inflight map and the ambience / design is better. Overall a very good experience for a low price.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / A350-900