Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways customer review

Not Verified | Perth to Edinburgh via Doha. On both outward and return legs, A380 and A350. Aircraft were all in new condition and immaculate. Plenty of legroom and attentive flight attendants. In-flight entertainment impressive. The food was bland and not very appetising and quality of in-flight food seems to be slipping.
AircraftA380 and A350
RoutePerth to Edinburgh via Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not offered to have beds made up"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Singapore return via Doha. On the first leg of the flight between Johannesburg and Doha, we were extremely impressed with the service of the flight attendants. We were also impressed by the flight attendants, who attended to us on our return flight from Doha to Johannesburg. We were all most excited by using the Q-Suites, but found the flight attendants to be aloof. We were especially disappointed with the service between Singapore and Doha. I was really looking forward to having my bed made up and pyjamas on the flight. Although we wanted to sleep immediately when we got onto the flight; we were not offered to have beds made up - the flight attendant told me at the end of the flight that she could have made up our beds but she didn’t want to disturb us. Additionally, whilst my husband and son were asked about the size of pyjamas; I was given a XXL size, without being asked about my size (I am a medium). I was too tired to protest and did not bother to use the pyjamas. These were the little things I was looking forward to; and I am quite disappointed.
RouteJohannesburg to Singapore via Doha

"went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Doha. Mohammed was an extremely helpful staff member whose customer service deserves to be recognized. He went above and beyond to ensure we had an excellent flight and the staff on-board also made an impressive impression. Food was adequate and entertainment was abundant. One of the best flights I've been on. Would recommend to a friend 9/10
RouteSydney to Doha
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not provided lounge facilities"

Trip Verified | Washington to Doha in Economy class. My flight was delayed by 4 hours at Washington, the ground staff did not even regret for the delay. Unfortunately i had to miss my connection at Doha with 45 minutes to spare. The airline re-scheduled my flight with a further wait delay of 6 hours. I was not provided lounge facilities, was just given a food coupon of 10 USD.
RouteWashington to Doha
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"such an old plane"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Doha. An old and tired Boeing 777-200LR which had not been upgraded, then IFE was the poorest I have seen in years. Cabin staff were attentive and friendly and the food was good but Qatar Airways did not do themselves any favors by operating such an old plane. The WiFi was patchy it worked at the start but went off line over Europe.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteLos Angeles to Doha
Date FlownDecember 2018

"happy with my experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Doha to Copenhagen. When cabin crew asked me what I want for dinner, I answered “which one is bigger because I am hungry”, and she gave me two packs of main course. When we landed in Copenhagen, and you know as soon as the belt light is off, all passengers try to get their stuff and everyone tries to get off the plane faster so it’s definitely not the best time to ask something from the crew because basically they cannot move. I wanted to put my Danish Simcard in my cell phone and let my girlfriend know that I’m back home, so I asked one of the crew for a pin or a needle or anything that I can remove the Simcard from my iphone. And she opened her name tag from her shirt and gave it to me to use its needle. I thought this staff need a good review. I was happy with my experience with Qatar Airways in general.
AircraftB777
RouteDoha to Copenhagen

"Food was tasty"

Trip Verified | Perth to Munich via Doha. Perth to Doha Boarding was reasonably fast for a packed large plane. Seat pockets in economy are very tight - everybtime the man behind me tried to fit something in the seat pocket, I felt it. Food was tasty - I had the beef harissa because this flight forgot my special meal request. However, no pre-meal drink service, meal service commenced 90 minutes after take off, no cup holders as part of tray, very tight seat pockets. Hard plastic cups used means no place to store used cups - by the end of the flight, multiple broken plastic cups were strewn around our seats. No inflight shopping magazine. Doha to Munich Bus to flight. 777. Decent seat pockets. Inflight shopping magazine available. My special meal was remembered! Free wifi was available for an hour. Entertainment range is the same as the previous flight and even though the system is clearly older, it worked just as well. Good flight, pity this was for the shorter connecting flight.
RoutePerth to Munich via Doha
Date FlownDecember 2018

"wanted to change the date"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Washington to Doha. I had an award ticket and wanted to change the date on my return. I have modified my ticket in the past during previous holidays and it was a relatively easy process usually completed with a single phone call to Qatar Airways customer service. I called Qatar Airways and the representative informed me that I should contact the Privilege Club department, as Qatar Airways does not deal with award tickets. I called the Privilege Club department which informed me that I need to submit my request using their online contact center. If this wasn’t already a convoluted process, the automatic response to my request from the contact center was that I had to wait 3 business days before my request could be tended to. How is this practical when a customer needs to make an urgent change? My request was simple - I just wanted to know what dates were available for me to change my return ticket to and what the cost of implementing such a change would be. The response I finally received three business days later, was a generic one that did not even address my request. They replied stating that a change would cost $25 if completed 24 hours or more prior to departure and $100 if within 3 and 24 hours of departure. However, they did not provide me with any answer as to what dates were available for me to change my award ticket to. Not only did I have to wait for 3 business days to receive a response, but the response I received was completely unhelpful and useless. Having to wait 3 business days to get a response is unreasonable, especially when the responses are not helpful. My case was an urgent one and could not wait a week, let alone three business days. attempted to contact someone from the Privilege Department on Friday and was told that my request would be expedited. I tried to follow up the next day but because it was a Saturday, the offices were closed. I tried to call on Sunday and was informed that the office was closed. What is the point of being a privilege club member if the customer helpline is not open on Saturdays and Sundays while the general Qatar Airways customer service helpline is? I would rather be a standard, non-privilege customer and receive more reliable and timely customer service, than be a privilege club customer and have to wait days upon days for anything that even remotely resembles a response.
RouteWashington to Doha
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the aircraft was changed"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | London to Doha. I decided to fly Qatar business class to experience the Q-suite. I found out after I boarded that the aircraft was changed. It was a dated plane, seating was 2-2-2 and there was no privacy. Movies titles were limited, the charging port doesn't work and seat was uncomfortable. I wrote to Qatar but the response quoted the conditions of carriage that the flight is subject to change without notice. I would have expected a more positive response and it was a huge disappointment that Qatar failed to deliver and resolve my expectations of deciding to travel with the airline solely for the Q-suite experience.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLondon to Doha
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cabin baggage exceeded allowed weight"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Munich via Doha. When I reached the check in counter, the lady was weighing my cabin baggage which exceeded the allowed weight by 5kg. She therefore refused me to allow it on board and asked me to put things out. Unfortunately it was a bag that I could not leave as checked baggage, as it was a very expensive and I had also things there I needed on board. I understand policies, but I have allowed checked baggage of 30kg and I'm not using it; why is it not possible to allow a cabin bag to exceed 5 kg? I was standing there 20 minutes and she did not proceed with the ticket. In the end I got really mad, as I knew the only option was to throw out my close bag to get rid of the 5kg. So in the end I lost my closing times at the airport. On the plane I felt like the whole service was running slow this time and we've been waiting longer to get the first meal (on the flight from Denpasar). Everything else has been fine as usual: good seats, good entertainment and overall very nice staff. This action really disappointed me quite a lot.
RouteDenpasar to Munich via Doha

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results