Lufthansa

Customer rating from 1939 reviews

"Food was disgusting and pasta only"

Trip Verified | Food was disgusting and pasta only. Breakfast was worse, only a muffin. I was expecting more from Lufthansa. This way you guys hurt the reputation of airline.
RouteToronto to Sarajevo via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"I do not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | The worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Lufthansa does not have post customer service. My suitcase and that of 8 more passengers who came from Florence to the United States have not yet received our suitcases, we made the claim report and when we check the tracking it always says to try again later, we call Air Dolomiti in Italy and they say that We must communicate with Lufthansa, in the Munich Germany office, which was where 2 friends and I made a stopover, they never answer and in Boston they say that we must continue checking on the internet and that they do not know where the suitcases are. I do not recommend this airline, they are very irresponsible And they have no regard for the frustration of their customers.
RouteFlorence to Boston via Munich

"absolutely zero contact"

Trip Verified | All of our luggage was lost on our way to a cruise. We were given a sheet of paper (written in German) by one of the rudest women I have ever met. The number on the sheet of paper did not work and the rest of the paper was pretty useless. Lufthansa would send periodic emails about our luggage over the next few days with conflicting information. We had someone in the states, someone on the ship and my husband and I continually trying to contact them, to actually talk to a person, to no avail. After several hours on hold, the cruise representative was able to talk with someone one time, but they were no help - they just passed the responsibility on to someone else. And then, one day, Lufthansa apparently just gave up - no more emails. We had to hire someone in Greece to locate and find our luggage. We were without it the entire trip - 10 days. I have tried repeatedly over the last month to contact them and to file a claim, but again, absolutely zero contact except for one automated email response.
RouteFrankfurt to Rome
Date FlownMay 2022

"I would not wish this kind of stress on my worst enemy"

Not Verified | Just 4 short years ago I flew on Lufthansa. I had no issues on my flight to Switzerland, the food was decent (as far as airplane food goes) and I was fairly comfortable (as far as the seating goes). I checked in no problem and well you got me to my point of destination with relative ease, my my my, how that has changed. This airline has made my life living hell in just 24 hours. They have screwed me not once, not twice, but about a million times over. Let's break it down. I am going to start with their website. The website is absolutely appalling in terms of navigation, to find any information on the website, you must navigate the entire website dictionary. Not to mention the pages upon pages of useless code (meaning the pages don't work). I will save you some time by giving you a few pages that don't work - The Baggage Calculator, The COVID 19 Related Documents Uploading Page, The login and Sign Up pages, and a ton of the characters and typography. All I can say is whoever is doing the code for the Lufthansa website needs to fired. Let's move on to baggage. For a long-haul flight, I feel like a personal item (a purse or backpack), a carry-on item (a small bag), and a checked bag are acceptable, especially considering the flight was $1,500 USD. But no. Not on Lufthansa, you have to shove everything you need for a 10-hour flight into a single carry-on bag that must weigh under 8kg. I work with technology for a living and what I need for my job alone weighs 8kg. Unfortunately, I will not be able to pack everything I need for the next 2 years into two bags, so I looked for how much it will cost to take 3 bags. There is not a dang thing on the website on how much it costs to check another bag. So I call Lufthansa. Nothing. So I call again. I could not get a hold of any operator or person even within the business hours, nor would they let me wait on the phone for someone. No contact, how convenient Lufthansa. Website flaw, maybe, customer service flaw, absolutely. It is now just 22 hours away from my flight. I currently live 2 hours away from the airport and can I check in for my flight online...nope, I have to check-in at the airport conveniently located nowhere near me. Oh and just so you are aware, the Lufthansa check-in page doesn't work either. All in all, I would not wish this kind of stress on my worst enemy and lord do I hope that you the customer are not flying on Lufthansa because you won't even be able to check-in for your flight. The worst part is, I haven't even gotten on the plane and I have read bad review after bad review on the actual service and food, so that might be another review coming soon. Pray for free alcohol so I can forget my Lufthansa experience or just don't fly Lufthansa.
Date FlownJune 2022

"not have anyone to assist passengers with connections"

Trip Verified | I paid thousands of dollars to fly Business Class from Boston to Barcelona via Frankfurt. Our plane was delayed leaving Boston for an unspecified reason. We were more than an hour late arriving in Frankfurt yet there was not a single Lufthansa employee meeting the flight to assist with connections. The gate where we arrived wasn't even within sight of any airport monitors to check for connecting flight information. My connecting flight had already departed by the time I found the gate. It is just mind-boggling to fly into an airline's home airport on a delayed flight and not have anyone to assist passengers with connections. I found a help desk that booked me on a later flight several hours later. I wrote to Lufthansa to make them aware of my bad experience on May 11. I provided copies of my ticket, boarding passes and reservation. Several days later I got a response from Lufthansa asking for most of the passenger and flight information I provided in the initial email, so I replied again giving them the exact same information that I'd already provided once. It's now been more than 5 weeks and I've still not gotten a response.
RouteBoston to Barcelona via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"the flight was overbooked by at least 20 people"

Trip Verified | I couldn't even fly, I had to cancel my entire trip. When I got to the airport I wasn't allowed to check-in because the flight was overbooked by at least 20 people. How is this possible? Is flying the type of activity that works as a "first come first serve business"? When I called customer service - nothing, everyone was acting like this is just normal and cancelling people plans is ok, and they can just give you a refund and everything is fine. Who is paying for lost time, emotional distress, cancelled plans, booked hotels, car rentals? This is just unacceptable, something should be done about it.
RouteNew York to Bucharest via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"canceled half of my return trip"

Trip Verified | Lufthansa canceled half of my return trip (Frankfurt to Amsterdam) two days before we left and wished us Welcome on board with that. Now i am waiting in line at customer service for 20 minutes without any idea how long it will take, to beg for a refund of money that should have been returned to me automatically and that doesn't even cover half of the costs of the train ticket i had to buy. Not even talking about the extra hours of travel here.
RouteLjubljana to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"one of our luggage failed to arrive"

Trip Verified | Still waiting for our luggage On the 9th of June we, have flown with Lufthansa from Sydney to Bucharest stopping in Singapore and Frankfurt. On arrival in Bucharest one of our luggage failed to arrive in Bucharest. After a 27 hour flight, we had to waste another three hours at the airport to queue to register the lost baggage. While in the lost luggage office, we received an email from Lufthansa saying that the luggage was delayed and will be dispatched to us at an address of our convenience. They gave us the tracking number and we filled the forwarding address for the luggage. But then after 3 days, the tracking stopped without notice and we lost the trace of our luggage. Last it was seen in Frankfurt we believe. Now, there is no one to contact and the lost luggage office in Bucharest states that there is not much they can do. They advised us to wait and call them everyday. But this hope for the best approach is not what we expected from a company like Lufthansa. We could not believe that we have these problems with such a reputed company as Lufthansa. Now we are afraid we'll have the same problems on our way back to Sydney.
RouteSingapore to Bucharest via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"service level has nose dived"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to St Louis. I have been a Senator Member of Lufthansa since many years and always enjoyed a fantastic service. However, since last year the service level has nose dived, be it the ground staff or the cabin attendants. Everybody seems to be in a foul mood always and absolutely not bothered to make the flying experience of its passengers pleasant. In my last flight from Frankfurt to St Louis the quality of the food was pathetic to say the least. It seems the quality of food that was served earlier to Economy class is now being served to Premium Economy. The Economy Class food is not up to the mark of Lufthansa level. Last year I had a very unpleasant experience at Valencia airport while travelling to Dubai and I couldn't fly. I had to buy an Emirates flight as an alternate as it was an urgent journey and I was more than surprised with the excellent service and the quality of the flight. I wrote about the unpleasant experience while checking in at Valencia to the Customer Service in Lufthansa and never heard back anything from them. I think it is the time to ditch my fidelity to Miles and More and look for an alternate if the service levels are not improved.
RouteFrankfurt to St Louis
Date FlownJune 2022

"I will never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | My original flight from Florence was delayed so I missed my connecting flight in Frankfurt (which I know they couldn’t do anything about it). However, once we got there after waiting in a 35 minute line for customer service, we were simply told this is the wrong line and to walk “that way” toward the double doors. In an airport that big, you think they could give better directions but no. Then once again, we asked for more directions and their ambiguity of directions appalled me. However, after searching for the “correct” customer service for half an hour, with little to no help from anyone we found it. They were very accommodating and put us up in a hotel 20 min away from the hotel free of charge. However, we asked if we could get our luggage so we could have our change of clothes, our toiletries, etc, and they weren’t able to do anything because “they were already headed to our final destination” which I would have understood. However, as I landed in New York this morning I received a text message that my bag couldn’t be loaded on schedule, which leaves the question as to why I couldn’t get it in the first place. I was flying home for a surgery for a fractured jaw so I thought Lufthansa would be a bit more accommodating due to that fact, but no. Not at all. So I am now left with no contacts, no toiletries, no clothes and the hassle of having to reschedule doctor appointments and surgery. On top of this, my TV wasn’t working on this 9 hour flight and after telling them about this, they didn’t do anything to try and fix it or accommodate me. I will never fly this airline again and hope no one else will either.
RouteFlorence to New York via Frankfurt