Lufthansa

"the flight will be refunded"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt. Lufthansa cancelled my flights 2 weeks ago and said to call the call centre for rebooking options, tried calling them for weeks no one picked the phone and so I clicked refund online and sent an email to their customer service team, they sent me a reply saying everything is normal and since I clicked refund, I don't qualify for a refund or rebooking when my flight is due in 5 days. It clearly even now shows that the flight is cancelled by Lufthansa on my bookings. I spent hours calling their customer service today again when they provided a different contact no, the 1st representative hung up on me and the 2nd simply put me on mute and waited for me to hang up saying that the flight will be refunded and an email would be sent confirming.
RouteToronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"trying to call them multiple times"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Malta to Frankfurt. I called Lufthansa Malta customer care 8 times and no one wants to take the phone call. The generic Lufthansa email is not accepting any more emails. A process where the company decides to cancel the booking then I believe that an email informing about a refund is received rather than trying to call them myself multiple times and no email contact.
RouteMalta to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not accepting any animals in hold"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Our family was supposed to fly from Toronto to Budapest via Frankfurt with a dog in hold on March 20th,2020. While we were driving to the Toronto Pearson Airport a few hours before the departure, we received the following email from Lufthansa : "This email is to inform you that Lufthansa is currently not accepting any animals in hold at this time. As you are currently booked to travel with a dog, kindly make alternate arrangements or call our Reservations at 1-800-645-3880 We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you." Being 30 minutes from the airport, packed in a car with the kids, dog, luggages, dog cage, we called the given number. It was busy for 25 minutes than the Customer Service confirmed the fact that no dogs allowed in hold on Lufthansa planes from that day. They don’t look for an alternate solution for us and if we don’t fly without the dog (How could we? What should we do with the dog?), it is considered a no-show situation. At the airport the frustrated Lufthansa staff confirmed the same. So we stuck in Toronto, lost our tickets and may be the chance to get back home in this crazy times. I know that these days/weeks are extremely difficult for all of us but the way how Lufthansa left our family with confirmed tickets on an other continent showing no interest of finding any solution for us - this is very disappointing. As we were rejected by Lufthansa, we tried to find an other company to take us home. KLM made efforts to find the way to offer tickets to us with the dog as well. We are still waiting for the confirmation.
RouteToronto to Budapest via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Thank you to all of the staff"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Vancouver. Lufthansa is the best airline I have flown with. Their staff, food and all services in between were first-class and exceeded my expectations yet again. Thank you to all that made our rushed hectic journey from Germany to Vancouver a relaxing peaceful trip amidst all the crazy world chaos. Thank you to all of the staff for risking their lives to get us us back to our own counties safety. My heart appreciates every one of you.
RouteFrankfurt to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2020

"needed 24 hours in advance"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Los Angeles. I got recalled to the US due to COVID and was not given an option while changing flights to select meals. When I went up to the counter before the flight to ask if I could get a vegetarian meal plan, the lady at the counter said she needed 24 hours in advance. When I told her I booked the flight less than 24 hours ago, she said it didn’t matter. I cannot believe that for a 12 hour flight booked less than 24 hours in advance that there is no way to get meal accommodations. Her attitude was unacceptable.
RouteFrankfurt to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"after 35 calls I finally get to talk"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Amman via Frankfurt. I’ve been trying to contact them for three weeks to get a refund on a flight that I can no longer make because Jordan has banned all Italian citizens. Today after 35 calls I finally get to talk to the operator who tells me that he reimburses my ticket. Most of the time, no one answers the phone, and when someone answers, they don’t solve the problem.
RouteMilan to Amman via Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very nice experience"

Trip Verified | Munich to Singapore. Very nice experience. Exclusive food. Great seats. Sophisticated cabin crew and service without any excuse. Very nice was especially the amenity kit and the pyjamas shirt. Slept like a Baby. Huge screen and great entertainment options. New and modern aircraft.
RouteMunich to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Ground staff were slow "

Billund to Frankfurt. Ground staff were slow and had to make new boarding passes for all passengers. I went from row 4 to row 37. We landed 25 minutes late late on a one hour flight and the information from the onboard staff was poor.
RouteBillund to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"good service, good flight"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Toronto. Whenever I can, I often fly with Lufthansa. The standard, quality and service are mostly the same, so I know what I'm getting. The ground staff at the airport were very slow and had a dull attitude. The service on board was fantastic, great praise to the staff. Messages over the speakers were given in flawless German, English and French. The airplane that was over 22 years old, but well maintained, though it has been a long time since it was last used for major service and had the cabin replaced. The internet onboard was extremely slow, although I pay 29 euros to get extra fast internet, it was not possible to send or receive pictures. All in all a good service, good flight and good airline company.
RouteFrankfurt to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"it was a pleasant flight"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Moscow. The cabin crew are very professional and cheerful. The service on board is correct. The plane is old and has no screen. Despite this it was a pleasant flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Moscow