Lufthansa

"cancelled my return flight"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | I purchased a return flight ticket with Lufthansa on their website to fly Prague-Frankfurt-Bilbao/Bilbao-Munich-Prague. The outbound flight from Prague was great. They only gave out a bottle of water during the flight, but this is perfectly acceptable for a 50-minute flight. Frankfurt airport is operating out of just the one terminal: Terminal 1. This means that the terminal was cram-packed full of people. There was only one restaurant open and it was expensive and the quality of the food was pretty poor. The flight to Bilbao was approx. 2 hours, and during this flight they only gave out one bottle of water per person - all in the claim that it is because of COVID-19. The following morning, I received an email from Lufthansa - apologising that there have been changes made to my booking and asking me to either accept the new conditions, or choose not to and keep the flight open. The problem was that there was no alternative flight option shown. Lufthansa cancelled my return flight and didn't give me the option of rescheduling my return flight on 24th July. I went online and entered my booking details into their site and only my outbound flight was showing up. My ticket had been changed to a one-way ticket. I tried calling their customer service number but after multiple attempts - they just don't pick up - I gave up. I also sent them a couple of messages, using their contact form, but again, no response.
RoutePrague to Bilbao via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2020

"trying to charge money"

Trip Verified | We had a flight booked for May 2020 from Winnipeg to Varna, Bulgaria. Due to the coronavirus pandemic our flight could not be used. Then the problems began - Lufthansa in USA has a waiting time between 1 hour, 2 hours or never to get connected. Then, once connected they are trying to charge money for no reason - you receive same flight, now overpriced!
RouteWinnipeg to Varna
Date FlownMay 2020

"refunded via my credit card company"

Trip Verified | I've flown with Lufthansa multiple times for business and leisure and it has worked out perfectly fine time after time. The only difference this time is, I have to deal with their customer service, and this is where it goes down hill. In February, I booked a ticket for my girlfriend to come visit me and unfortunately, the pandemic hits. The airports get closed and the ticket flight gets cancelled. As I read (or mis-read online) there was supposed to be a button in the online environment to click to issue a re-fund and so I did. Time goes by and of course they violate their own policy of returning the refund. The real problem for me starts in their communication. I've been trying to get hold of their customer service for the past 5 months by e-mail or by phone. Their phone lines are either flat out busy or cut out after 2 hours of being on hold. I've gotten hold of their employee's once in twenty1 hour calls. I've gotten some written feedback but basically, none of it was anything more than that they acknowledged the situation but can't provide any help. Feedback on my ticket telling me they cant respect their deadlines.Me forwarding the claim to my credit card company. Lufthansa re-reviews the ticket but tells they can't help me without any argumentation. Creditcard company tells me I need a statement that my flight got cancelled (which i didn't got), so I re-approach via a ticket. I get hold of Lufthansa once by phone and they inform me I cancelled the ticket myself because their system processed my action as a cancellation and they mention to me they can't see the flight was actually cancelled. Spoiler alert, the airport was closed, it was. I'm advised to re-make a flight disruption ticket to explain this. Here is specifically ask for a confirmation of the flight cancellation. Not a refund but instead of sending me that, they issue me to the refund department. Here I realised they are playing a game with me, because the moment they send me the cancellation confirmation, I can get the money refunded via my credit card company.
RoutePanama to Amsterdam via Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no refund yet"

Trip Verified | Almost two months of cancelled flight and no refund yet, they said that time it will take 10 business days. I am shocked their helpline was awesome and now every time I call after 1-2 hour wait call drops. Pathetic service.
RouteDelhi to Calgary
Date FlownMay 2020

"professional and comfortable experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Munich in July 2019 was a very professional and comfortable experience. From easy and polite check-in at Brussels to the goodbye at the cabin door upon arrival by excellent cabin crew, the service is seamless. Seating is decent for a 1 hour 4 min flight and they offer a snack Or Brunch. Lufthansa is superior to other European carriers and I would like choose Lufthansa for my next European tours. Thoroughly recommended, flight was delayed 33 minutes due to some technical problems.
AircraftA321-231
RouteBrussels to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2019

"refused to refund the money"

Not Verified | Lufthansa chose to cancel my flights and then refused to refund the money for those flights. To make it worse, they only allow contact with call centres in South Asia, manned by people who have no means of communicating with Lufthansa. So essentially Lufthansa cannot be bothered by customers asking for their money to be returned for flights Lufthansa is not flying. How do they expect to survive in the future if they treat their customers this poorly?
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownMay 2020

"still didn’t receive my money"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | Canceled my flight on April 8th. 5 weeks later still didn’t receive my money. Was told at the beginning it will take 2-3 weeks max. After 3 weeks i was told it can take minimum 3 months. No contact from the airline before that.
RouteSeoul to Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2020

"cant get my money refunded"

Trip Verified | I was due to fly in March but Lufthansa cancelled my booking the week before and to this day I cant get my money refunded. I keep emailing customer services and getting the same generic answer back. Very bad practice and would never use this company again.
RouteLondon to Munich

"Generally a very good flight2

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Munich to London. Generally a very good flight with Lufthansa but nothing extraordinary. Check in at Munich airport was smooth and without any queues, however the experience at the airport was not that good later on. The staff at Lufthansa business lounge, which I had a pleasure to try, was rude, abrupt and unhelpful. The boarding process on the other hand very well organised thanks to using the group boarding procedure. The flight was ok, on time and without any issues. The refreshments (salami sandwich, apple juice and water) were good quality and fresh and the cabin crew were also nice. The pilots didn't give any information on the flight, something I always appreciate in other airlines, such as BA. The one thing that deserves the praise is the aircraft - A320neo - very clean, quiet and designed with attention to details. The legroom in row 5 was amazing.
AircraftA320neo
RouteMunich to London
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the flight will be refunded"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt. Lufthansa cancelled my flights 2 weeks ago and said to call the call centre for rebooking options, tried calling them for weeks no one picked the phone and so I clicked refund online and sent an email to their customer service team, they sent me a reply saying everything is normal and since I clicked refund, I don't qualify for a refund or rebooking when my flight is due in 5 days. It clearly even now shows that the flight is cancelled by Lufthansa on my bookings. I spent hours calling their customer service today again when they provided a different contact no, the 1st representative hung up on me and the 2nd simply put me on mute and waited for me to hang up saying that the flight will be refunded and an email would be sent confirming.
RouteToronto to Dubrovnik via Frankfurt