Lufthansa

"happy to serve the customers"

Trip Verified | Munich to Montreal. Greatest service I had on the plane, the crew looked like they were happy to be at work and happy to serve the customers. We had whine, a good meal then more whine, choice of coffee, cognac and Baileys overall a big thumbs up to the cabin crew. Where things got bad is leg room- I’m 6 foot 4 tall so I usually know which airline is ok and which is not for me and unfortunately, Lufthansa is not great in economy for tall people. My knees still hurt from the flight that was 15 hours before I wrote this review. It’s a shame that there is no regulation for tall people in aviation
RouteMunich to Montreal
Date FlownNovember 2019

"bad customer service in Belgrade"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Frankfurt. Very bad customer service in Belgrade airport, the check-in was extremely unfriendly, impolite and rude to us. We wanted to ask for an aisle seat or pay for our check-in luggage she was very unfriendly.
RouteBelgrade to Frankfurt

"professional, friendly, efficient"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Despite a very short delay the flight (I believe it was LH 068) to Munich from Dublin, got off within roughly 5 minutes of the scheduled time of departure. I was very pleased with the service and treatment received by the various flight attendants. They were professional, friendly, efficient and cheerful. The flight was overall pleasant and the food served was very good for airline food. I was a bit surprised to see so many people standing in the aisles when they should have been seated with their seat belts at least loosely fastened. Lufthansa has long been my favorite airline for a long list of very good reasons, just some of which I've already listed. As a dual national, originally from the US but now living in Israel, I fly El Al more than I would choose if I had much of a choice. I am not a frequent flier since I am a senior and a pensioner, but I try to make at least 1 or 2 trips outside my present home country per year. Munich airport does leave a bit desired for passengers I'm afraid since accessing the proper terminals and gates is via a train. Several signs inside the Munich terminal indicate terminal 1, but are in fact terminal 2. One should allow at least 2 hours between flights to get straight as to just where one must be in order to get to the proper terminal and gate on time for making connections for a continuing flight. I hope the signage at the airport in Munich is corrected soon. .
RouteDublin to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never use this company again"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Kiev via Frankfurt. I will never use this company again. I pre-paid for 4 x seat locations. Two for £6 and two for £9. I did not get any of them and no refund either. I was put in the worse seat position I would have chosen. The food was a sandwich which was sub-standard to any other meal. Frankfurt security were awful. Next on the plane the pilot repeatedly said "we are running a few minutes late due to some paperwork", we were 1hour 20 mins late. My lift at Borispol arranged for 1.06 am had to wait until 2.20 am. On the return they had not allowed enough time to get through security at Franfurt for the second plane to Manchester. The plane landed only a few minutes late, but then there was a bus and then at security they were going really slow. With only 15 minutes to the second plane going. I had to push in by climbing under the tape barrier and ask a woman to let me go in front of her. There were a lot of people panicking and I got my plane with only minutes to spare. All this was very stressful.
AircraftNot known
RouteManchester to Kiev via Frankfurt

"a wonderful experience"

Trip Verified | Chicago to London via Munich. This was my first flight on Lufthansa and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The attention and care we were given on the long haul flight from Chicago to Munich was extraordinary. I must mention the attentiveness of crew member Dominic was top notch! He went above and beyond the call of duty and made sure the flight was comfortable and enjoyable. I will definitely choose Lufthansa in the future.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteChicago to London via Munich
Date FlownOctober 2019

"it was their fault I was late"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Milan via Frankfurt. Late getting into Frankfurt then refused to allow me on the connection because I was 14 minutes before flight. Considering it was their fault I was late I expected a bit of flexibility. No care, no responsibility just following nonsense rules. Last flight Lufthansa.
RouteFrankfurt to Milan

"absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | Norfolk to Munich via Washington. Booked Luftansa years ago and loved flying with them. Unfortunately, this time my family flew round trip to Munich from Norfolk Va. and back, and were not so happy. Food was absolutely terrible. Horrible actually. The plane looked really worn down inside. Paid extra to sit together with family but that did not happen. Staff were nice and plane landed safely so thats all good but Luftansa was always top of the line flying for me. Sadly not any more.
RouteNorfolk to Munich via Washington

"my food was disgusting"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Munich to Beijing. The service was bad, my food was disgusting, the lavatory I used was were dirty. They seemed to mock me when I was speaking in German.
AircraftA380-800
RouteMunich to Beijing

"absolutely perfect"

Trip Verified | After having flown Dreamliner on BA, AC and LY but never the competitor A350 I was delighted to experience the A350 for the first time by flying LH from Munich to Toronto. Compared to the excellent Dreamliner the A350 is providing an even better and more relaxing experience. I do believe that this is partially due to its bigger size. Lufthansa's business class is spacious, bright and airy. On this specific flight (22nd of October) the crew was not only good and professional but absolutely perfect in any aspect. Food was superb. An absolutely perfect flight experience.
AircraftA350-900
RouteMunich to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"A320 Neo seat uncomfortable"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to London. I really do like Lufthansa, having done over 180 flights with them over the last six years, so this comment is not a one flight observation. What got me on this trip is the seat pitch on their new A320 Neo's, fine if you're small but if not, you'll find it uncomfortable and claustrophobic. Luckily this flight was empty and I had a whole row to myself, but anything longer than an hour, I will think twice before booking Lufthansa if the flight is operated by an A320NEO.
AircraftA320 Neo