Lufthansa

Customer rating from 1941 reviews

"no accommodation, no food, water, nothing"

Trip Verified | The flight from London was delayed by little over an hour, so it arrived in Frankfurt after our connecting flight to Belgrade had already departed. We were told by cabin crew to go to the service centre. Nobody there because it was after 10pm. We were told we could try rebooking our flight with the app or wait until the morning to speak to someone. Some 10 of us were on that flight to Belgrade and were given no accommodation, no food, water, nothing. We tried rebooking our flight through the app but kept being transferred to waiting lists. Nobody to speak to anywhere in the airport, the chat bot function unhelpful, the phone number saying to try again. We tried looking at other flights, trains, buses, but probably everyone had the same idea as flight prices were above 600€ and trains to Budapest and buses to Belgrade around 250€. So we are now lying down in a sofa at the airport waiting for 6am to speak to someone at the service centre but running a serious risk of being stranded in Frankfurt for days because all the options to leave are full or too expensive.
RouteLondon to Belgrade via Frankfurt

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Horrible customer service, didn’t get my money back for a flight they cancelled. Yesterday so many people stood in a line , literal hundreds for 5 hours or more and they didn’t care. They closed all the customer service places down and didn’t refund anyone or compensate.
RouteFrankfurt to Washington
Date FlownJuly 2022

"a very low quality flight company"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | These flights were a nightmare, worst flights in the years. On Marseille airport there was a IT issue on the check in desk and therefore we were waiting a lot of time to be solved. On the first flight the cabin attendant forget to serve chocolate to several people including me. On arrival in Frankfurt we were blocked in the airplane for more than 30 min due to lack of people to maneuver the mobile stairs.. On Frankfurt airport remained in the bus more than 15 minutes because nobody answered from the plane.. Despite the fact that people were ready to fly on time the flight had 50 min delay due to lack of people to charge the luggage. Lufthansa became a very low quality flight company.
AircraftA320-200
RouteMarseille to Bucharest via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Lufthansa denied any responsibility"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Flight cancelled 2 days before departure, Lufthansa denied any responsibility and any help in finding solution. No refund. No interest in helping to solve problem caused by cancelling their flight. Reckless. Had to pay train ticket on my own cost instead.
RouteBrussels to Munich
Date FlownJuly 2022

"The main negative was the food"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | This June I have flown to Czech Republic from Thailand with Lufthansa for a short trip. I will not review the short haul flight between Germany-Czech, because there is nothing to report. I will review the long haul flight Munich-Bangkok. The same review applies also to flight Bangkok Munich, but I lost the boarding pass already. First of all, check ins and boarding were sufficient and good even though the shortage of staff was visible. My main positives is the seat comfort and less noise in the aircraft. The seat was great to spend time in that long and the noise of the aircraft is much lower and therefore I enjoyed the journey very much. Staff attitude was ok. I was little surprised that have to pay for spirits, but I can understand this due to the current economic climate in the world. Mainly because i know that I paid far little money for the tickets then others. The main negative was the food. Please make sure that you eat well before travelling, because what you will get inside the plane is absolutely horrible. Overall experience is that it seems that Lufthansa became sort of a sausage factory. Basically, get in the plane, smile couple times, get food, sleep and when landed get out. I got the flight ticket cheap, but next time I pay more if I wanna get better service with different airline.
RouteMunich to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2022

"A low-cost airline is friendlier"

Trip Verified | The small seat spacing is no longer in keeping with the times. We humans are just a bit bigger today than we were 30 years ago. The seats are small, poorly upholstered and saggy. The crew is inattentive, in-flight service is being reduced. Berlin to Frankurt a short flight of 50 minutes duration. Arrival was planned for 09:55, connections from Frankfurt were organized for 12.00h. Early morning, Lufthansa send one mail after the next one: 19. Jun 04:48 - your flight is cnxx 19. Jun 05:15 - received a elec. Voucher @ 10,00 for a Snack 19. Jun 05:25 - rebooked onto LH 1947 BER 1700 -1900 MUC LH 121 MUC 2000 - 2100 FRA 19. Jun 15:27 - flight LH 121 MUC- FRA cnxx 19. Jun 15:44 - rebooked onto LH 2134 / 20.06.2022 MUC 0725 to FMO LH 065 / 20.06.2022 FMO 1015 to FRA 19. Jun 16:03 h - your flight is delayed / LH1947 BER - MUC A short flight of 50 minutes duration was extended by rebooking to 24 hours. For the delay offer a €10.00 voucher for a snack and the overnight stay in Munich should be in the regular waiting area of the airport münchen. Hotel if necessary at my own expense. When I asked whether Lufthansa could not release the ticket for DB Railways, I received the statement, no Lufthansa can offer alternative flights. Let the outbound flight lapse, bought a Oneway Railway Tix for € 199,00. The return flight was on schedule on 23.06. During the boarding process, the crew was again busy with themselves. Passengers were not greeted or without eye contact.I'm not a frequent flyer, but I've come to hate having to fly Lufthansa. A low-cost airline is friendlier and offers more service on board. Every low-cost airline offers me to buy a coffee on board against payment of a fee, Lufthansa did not.
RouteBerlin to Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

" file a missing luggage report"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | On our outbound journey, the plane departure was delayed by about 40 minutes and left us practically with 25 minutes in Frankfurt to catch our next flight. There was no ground support in Frankfurt and when we arrived at the gate we were faced with ground staff that were rude, unwilling to help and more importantly not on top of the boarding process, allowing all classes to board at the same time and squeeze through two scanning machines. Upon arriving in Helsinki, we received an email from the airline stating our luggage didn't make it and they would keep us updated. The luggage arrived 30 hours later, leaving us with little choice but to do some shopping in the morning to cope with the cooler climate. 2 days later, on our return flight, we couldn't imagine things could go worst. This time our connecting airport was Munich and had several hours to kill. Upon arriving in Athens, we had to wait till all luggage was delivered to realise that one of ours didn't make it and file a missing luggage report. This was the 6th June. To-date, I have heard nothing from the airline. The online tool to monitor the luggage tracing delivers zero updates and lacks any functionality. A week after the luggage was missing, we filed a luggage irregularity report via the PDF form on Lufthansa's website but to my dismay, the "send" button refused to take any action. We emailed the airline's support to receive a reply 24 hours later, with some generic content, stating that we didn't provide all needed information. Since then, I have followed up once more and as expected received nothing back. Putting the luggage issues aside, the overall experience of their business class service was totally disappointing. The seats are economy seats with the middle row vacant, food was mediocre and we were given the same menu on our return journey.
RouteAthens to Helsinki via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"I received no help or information"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I missed my connection due to the late arrival of the incoming flight. I was supposed to connect at 5 pm and received an email that I was rescheduled on a 22.05 flight. At the airport, I received no help or information. I addressed a staffer behind a Lufthansa counter who rudely directed me towards a long line. I stood on line for over 45 minutes until a staffer attended me. She explained that I would be placed on a waiting list and would have to sit at the gate until 22.05 to be probably denied boarding. I had to argue forever until magically my boarding pass appeared. I was offered no voucher for refreshment. I asked if I could get access to a lounge as I was missing a meeting and was turned down. After receiving my boarding pass, I had to go again through security, standing in line for a long time, because I was attended outside the transit area.
RouteFlorence to Luxembourg via Frankfurt

"No breakfast was served"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Buenos Aires in November 2021. This airline has shown during last three years a massive deterioration. The cabin was cramped, crew in bad mood. I asked for a juice after the dinner was served and was told “the drink service is offered once”, so I asked if I could pay for it. The flight attendant went away visibly annoyed without saying anything. No breakfast was served. I don’t board a plane in order to fill my stomach with delicatessen but at least they should offer a small sandwich as a breakfast. I don’t recommend this airline.
RouteFrankfurt to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I will not fly Lufthansa ever again"

Not Verified | I will not fly Lufthansa ever again. I understand luggage can sometimes not make connecting flights but not being able to talk to anyone, on hold for 2 hours to talk to someone who in the end can't tell me anything different than what is online, get accurate and timely information, and the lack of anyone caring is unacceptable. My daughter will spend the next 5 weeks in Italy and Austria without her suitcase because it is now being sent back to the US and not delivered to her hotel as requested. Her trying to purchase items to replace what was lost is a nightmare. The bag arrived in Rome 4 hours later. She sat at the airport waiting, only to be told it hadn't arrived which in the end was wrong and that it was on the flight. We did not find this out until four days later when her dad was flying out of Dallas and decided to see if anyone there could help. We thought by some luck she could get her suitcase only to receive an email that same day that it was being sent back to the US. The other frustration was this was a United flight operated by Lufthansa. Would United help in any way? No. Disappointed in United and will think twice about using United but definitely will not fly Lufthansa.
RouteHouston to Rome via Frankfurt