Lufthansa

"letter in German with a full refund value"

Trip Verified | I recently posted a review complaining that LH was not refunding my Business Class ticket to Japan, after having cancelled some of the included flights. 3 months later I am now pleased to receive a letter in German with a full refund value, immediately credited to my Credit Card. Note that it might be the result of a formal file that I sent which was moving to mediation with LH in Germany on this specific refunding vs voucher topic.
AircraftA320/B777
RouteMarseille to Tokyo via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2020

"small but decent meal was offered"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | This is rather short flight - boarding and departure was on time people at the boarding desk were courteous. A small but decent meal was offered together with a choice of beverages. Lufthansa should learn to provide plain bread instead of bread with seeds. FA were very friendly. Arrival was on time : unfortunately at the airport there was a delay in delivering the luggage. Caused by a bankruptcy, Lufthansa had to take another company for ground handling - 40 minutes waiting time and despite decently labelled as priority, suitcase did arrive as one of the last ones.
Aircrafta320A
RouteFrankfurt to Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"All other contacts were not responded"

Trip Verified | We had a trip to Japan booked from France (Marseille to Tokyo). My Japanese partner booked on ANA website and I did on LH website, the exact same flights (code-shared), on business class, each flight worth more than 2500 Euros. Lufthansa cancels the first leg of the journey, re-issued a ticket without our agreement, from Frankfurt, and changed the rest of the flight. ANA immediately notified my Japanese partner, who was fully refunded in less than 30 days. I requested a refund to LH. So far more, then 2 months later I have just received an email acknowledging my request. All other contacts were not responded. Note that I am a Star Alliance Gold pax (no use). On the other hand LH is still sending me commercial advertisement, for paying tickets to Asia, business class of course. An insult to my intelligence, as nearly all Asian countries do not allow Europeans. With such a behavior, how can an ex-Premium airline like LH believe that we will ever fly again with them?
RouteMarseilles to Tokyo via Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they didn't refund us anything"

(Albania)

Trip Verified | Tirana to Frankfurt booked on non refundable tickets. Very bad customer service, we contacted many times that because of the cancellation of the Fair in Frankfurt we would not be able to go and 2 days after our flight other flights was cancelled. If we would have used the ticked we would have been stuck in Frankfurt and they didn't refund us anything, even though it was not our fault that everything was canceled we took 100% penalty. Worst customer service.
RouteTirana to Frankfurt
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no other reason but to cut costs"

Trip Verified | The Aspire lounge at Birmingham was open for business but Lufthansa no longer give access to business class passengers or status Miles & More members. Can be for no other reason but to cut costs and I was flying on a paid for business class ticket. Not acceptable. And for the first time (having flown this route countless times over the years) no airbridge - again, is this cost cutting? There were plenty of gates with bridges available.
AircraftA320neo
RouteBirmingham to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"practices are now like low cost airlines"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I used to choose Lufthansa because of the good service and reliability of their schedules. I am a regular customer on this route and I didn’t care to pay their more expensive flight ticket. However, Lufthansa practices are now like low cost airlines. They let you book a flight ticket for a very expensive price at the best schedule for you. Then, less than one week before of the flight date, they cancel your booking and put you in the flight that costed the least. I arrive to my destination at 1am in the morning without the possibility to take any public transportation. So end up paying for the most expensive flight, original train tickets and the new train tickets. Apart from that, they use to serve some drinks and snacks. In the last year with the strikes and the Coronavirus excuses they offer a bottle of water. Have they reduced they ticket price? Not at all. If you need to fly to Helsinki, use Finnair. More expensive? Yes. But they take responsibility for their actions.
RouteBarcelona to Helsinki via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2020

"the service was very poor"

Trip Verified | I traveled from Frankfurt to Chicago. In spite of being the only passenger the service was very poor. The flight attendant disappeared fast. Food was very poor and limited, more like Economy. There were no sanitizers in the bathroom. My bags were last to arrive in O'Hare.
RouteFrankfurt to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2020

"pack customers on to a bus"

Trip Verified | Munich to Manchester on an EcoLight ticket. In the current world of COVID-19, i truly believe Lufthansa were a huge let down. Munich Airport is perfectly acceptable with all the safety measures in place until time to board the flight. I understand as the plane was small and unable to connect to a jet bridge, but to pack customers on to a bus with no social distancing possible was unreal, yes people are wearing masks but that's not enough. The bus was full of stickers asking you to keep 1.5m apart which was not possible as they seem to get the whole plane on one bus. The service was extremely poor only a warm bottle of water was provided but a dining service for Business Class.
AircraftCRJ9
RouteMunich to Manchester
Date FlownAugust 2020

"cancelled contract lounge access"

Trip Verified | Prior to my Lufthansa flight I wanted to use the lounge at Bucharest Airport. The Lounge is open and when booking the ticket couple of days ago on the Lufthansa website there was an advertisement, that lounge use is included in my business class ticket. In front of the lounge at Bucharest is a sign that Lufthansa cancelled contract lounge access. The service agent at the lounge confirmed that with Lufthansa access to the lounge is not possible but I can buy access for a fee. It is not fair of Lufthansa to advertise lounge access but then this is not delivered. There is no indication on the Lufthansa website. Even when calling the Lufthansa service hotline they do not know. But there are numerous reports about frustrated travellers that Lufthansa has cancelled lounge access some weeks ago even when the lounge is open. The flight itself was okay. I find it not okay that we had to take a bus at Munich airport to get to the terminal.
AircraftCRJ-900LR
RouteBucharest to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"waiting for my refund for 45 days"

Trip Verified | I was scheduled to fly with Lufthansa in July 2020. They cancelled my flight and had no other alternative to offer. I have been waiting for my refund for 45 days which was promised to me after 20 days. All I get are promises. Their email requests our support.
RouteMalta to Frankfurt