Lufthansa

Customer rating from 1939 reviews

"my luggage still hasn't been delivered"

Trip Verified | My worst experience with any airline by far. Of the 4 flights on my round trip all 4 were delayed, and my luggage was lost both ways. On arrival at Frankfurt there was no personnel to disembark us so we were stuck for a half hour on the plane which almost made us miss our connecting flight. The first return flight was late, of course, so we had to sprint in Frankfurt airport not to miss our connecting flight. I arrived on Friday evening, it is now Sunday and my luggage still hasn't been delivered, so not only was my trip an absolute mess but I've had to spend my weekend at home waiting for my luggage. Any information pertaining to the delivery I've had to go fishing for myself calling any number I could find, and the least I can say is that they were hardly helpful at all. I won't be flying with Lufthansa again if I can help it, they seem to be in control of nothing which is not reassuring at all.
AircraftA320 / Embraer
RouteLyon to Nuremberg via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"even Ryanair is more spacious!"

Not Verified | Flew back from Munich and everything was fine. Service better than the outbound leg to Frankfurt and on to Cairo, however, was very disappointed in the seat pitch and struggled to get in a relaxed and comfortable position. Have had more room on charter flights, and even Ryanair is more spacious! I would choose Lufthansa again for this reason, and I know it was only a short haul flight, however, had it been mid or long haul, itwould have been horrendous. So until Lufthansa increase there seat pitch, I will not use them again.
AircraftA321-201
RouteMunich to Manchester

"service was mediocre"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to London. The seats weren't that comfortable. That service was mediocre, and my baggage was delayed for more than 30 hours, and they claimed no responsibility. I am very disappointed!
RouteFrankfurt to London
Date FlownJune 2022

"they are absolutely the worst"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I do t know why or what is going on with Lufthansa, but they are absolutely the worst. Delays, lost baggage, and they are just unable to deliver what they promise.
RouteMilan to Madrid via Munich
Date FlownJune 2022

"service from Lufthansa is below standard"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | The service from Lufthansa is below standard. If you call the service desk, they are never able to assist. The app is also not of assistance. If you want to upgrade your seats, the service desk is not able to assist or they claim everything is sold out but ask people to keep an eye for availabilities. We naturally did this, and last minute upgraded our seats, only to realize that they sell it nearly for free in the airport - this to advise that we tried to upgrade to business via phone but was told that it was sold out. In the airport they sold business cheaper than we had bought premium economy seats at the day before. Business was nearly empty on the flight and we were not allowed to upgrade in the airport, despite wanting to pay for same, as you can only upgrade once. When boarding we were shocked to see the seats, as the pictures of the class on their web is absolutely not picturing what you actually get. On the return flight, we again wanted to upgrade, as one of the ticket holders got injured and upgraded to business by the insurance company. We managed to upgrade the rest of us to prem eco only to find out, than in 3 weeks they had removed the "all incl" in the prem eco, hence limited avails of the drinks (both soft and alch). This wasn't even mentioned while being upgraded. Entertainment on board is very limited or not working. Very few movies, games platform not working at any of the flights and the wifi was not working on any of the flights. The food back from Mexico was not edible - and we are really not having high thoughts for food on board a flight - but when you pay a fortune to get food on board, then you should at least be served food which is being well cooked in order to eat it. Pancakes served for breakfast was not even fried enough to be able to eat it. Lufthansa is a very expensive low class company, which take money for everything without delivering the services paid for. This may have been the last time flying with them - at least alternatives are to be found now for our long haul flights.
RouteCopenhagen to Cancun via Frankfurt
Date FlownMay 2022

"overall very impressive"

Not Verified | Flawless on the ground in Bangkok, fast check in no issues. Electronic gate updates and baggage receipts are useful. Efficient boarding and the aircraft was immaculate. The seating is 2-3-2 only three rows of Premium Economy behind the business cabin. Pre departure drink and a menu. Seat is roomy, plenty of legroom it’s comfortable and it properly reclines. Service is on China, and you get a choice. Which you often don’t with Lufthansa in economy. IFE screen is large and responsive. Good, busy and pleasant crew, It’s a nice product and good value for money on a sector over 8 hours, had some decent rest for a change. On time and overall very impressive.
AircraftA350-900
RouteBangkok to Munich
Date FlownJune 2022

"I can definitely recommend Lufthansa's Premium Economy"

Trip Verified | Flight from Munich to Chicago in Premium Economy. The flight was uneventful, but it was a good way to cross the Atlantic. Lufthansa's Premium Economy seats are comfortable, especially on daytime flights. The service was decent, even though the crew could have served drinks more proactively during the trip. The food was fine, in particular, the snack before arrival was surprisingly tasty. If the price is right, I can definitely recommend Lufthansa's Premium Economy.
RouteMunich to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2022

"transatlantic leg was extremely poor"

Trip Verified | Flight got us to destination, and the price was right. However, both flights were delayed, service on transatlantic leg was extremely poor. Inflight entertainment kept freezing, amenity kit is pathetic, and they literally seemed to go out of their way to not offer more than they had to. The flight to Athens, we actually got more service than the transatlantic flight. If you just want room and a fare conscious, then this a good deal. If you prefer better service, I would book Delta.
RouteAtlanta to Athens via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"the client service is incredibly bad"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. After knowing that I'd miss my first flight from Munich to Frankfurt, I tried to call them to let them know I could not make it. It was impossible to reach them. Coming from Nuremberg, I still go to Frankfurt by ICE for my 2nd flight, Frankfurt - Rennes. What a nice surprise: impossible for me to board the flight. They just cancelled my ticket without notifying me. Of course, they would not hear anything or try to find a solution. "We're sorry" was all they could say. The return flight from Rennes to Frankfurt on June 18th? Also cancelled. The worst is yet to come: the client service is incredibly bad. No one can give me a precise answer or find a solution. No rebooking or refund is being made. They told me the "no-show" is automatically cancelling the other flights, but why not put it clearly somewhere? Why not send an email? I just lost around 420 euros. But don't worry: even though they don't want to bother find any solution, they still take the money and make you wait for hours because they are understaffed.
RouteMunich to Rennes via Frankfurt
Date FlownJune 2022

"staff were very rude to me"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | I read lot of reviews here unfortunately after my trip. If I read it earlier I would never take the flight with Lufthansa. I agree with passengers saying Lufthansa is cutting costs serving no or less food and drinks. It looks like Ryanair. On a flight from Dubai the first service was a small sandwich, cold and chewy. For drinks they offered some juices, water, wine. The morning omelette was more or less ok, tomato near raw and cold, piece of bread was hard to bite. Also staff were very rude to me. If you ask passengers to wear masks everybody make sure your mask is put properly, not hanging below your nose. In Frankfurt the flight was delayed and service was 1 bottle of water and a small chocolate.
AircraftA330-300 / A3321-100