Lufthansa

"Crew polite and professional"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Flew from Gdansk to Tel Aviv via Munich and return via Frankfurt. No jetbridge used upon arrival in TLV. Crew polite and professional. Unfortunately, due to catering issues there was no hot meal on return flight, what happens on LH flights recently. Compensation fortunately received, but only as will gesture and in symbolic amount upon feedback request. I appreciate rich beverage service that were distributed a few times during single flight. Cabin a bit cramped as for 4hr flight, but generally pleasant and clean. I recommend when the flight is not significantly more expensive than competition. I don't think that it deserved being 5 star airline.
AircraftCRJ900 / A321
RouteGdansk to Tel Aviv via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"they place me in a middle seat"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Paris via Frankfurt. I never received any confirmation email after my purchase, no payment confirmation. The only way to find my reservation was from a screen capture I took which had the reservation number. I selected seats when I booked but if you don’t go back and pay to lock them you will be moved. But I received no information about this. I am 320lbs and need an aisle seat which I always make sure I have during my booking but now they place me in a middle seat. I realized that there was the same problem on the second leg of my flight and was able to correct it but none of the 3 persons I talked to even checked that to try to at least save my other flights. Their app is so awful it never works.
RouteSan Francisco to Paris via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

" we missed our terminal"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly Lufthansa on 16th December 2019 from Dallas Fort Worth, departing at 4pm with my 8 years old son to Lagos via Frankfurt. On my way to the Airport, we missed our terminal and before we could find our way back to the terminal, it was already 3:05pm. The counter who told me that the counter closed at 3:00pm and staff told us he will not be able to helps us. They told us to call Lufthansa's helpdesk, I called for nothing less than 13 times, but Lufthansa refused to help us. I lost $700 for the cancellation of the tickets. I will never go near Lufthansa again.
RouteDallas to Lagos via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the lady is old and you can feel it"

Trip Verified | A short flight to Frankfurt, with excellent FRA Terminal A Senator lounge (food & drinks). However Wi-Fi is not adapted to the quantity of passengers at lunch time, and connection was very slow. Fabulous shower at Term C Senator lounge at dinner time. Great wi-fi and poor food! Different and cheaper drinks than Term A. Weird. Is it because Term C is dedicated to South-American and Israel flights at nigh ? I hope not. Fabulous crew, service, food, amenities, etc.. on board B747-400. Pajamas (only upper part! passengers have no legs). Christmas gifts. But, the lady is old and you can feel it: toilet lights did not work, noises everywhere, speakers not audible, and uncomfortable seat.
AircraftA320Neo + Boeing 744
RouteMarseille to Rio de Janeiro via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Lost luggage for over 48 hours"

Trip Verified | New York to Cairo via Frankfurt. Lost luggage for over 48 hours. The online services did not work. I could not get a call back when using the APP. Flight was delayed in JFK and the leg from Frankfurt to Cairo was held up for luggage. If you fly Lufthansa only take carry on. I will not fly Lufthansa again. Very poor service, I expected more.
RouteNew York to Cairo via Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2019

"very service-minded, efficient and helpful"

Trip Verified | Despite some slight delays, Lufthansa really made sure to make the trip an enjoyable one overall. The cabin was very clean, the inflight entertainment system worked excellently (with a wide selection of movies), food/catering was great and tasty, the flight attendants very service-minded, efficient and helpful. The Premium economy seat was quite spacious (although a bit hard) and well worth its price. At least if you're my height (187 cm) and need some extra legroom in order to not cramp up completely. The only disadvantage on the long-haul Airbus-models is that you can't control the airflow above you like you can on the Boeing-aircrafts which is why I don't give this experience a perfect ten, combined with the poor Wifi-connectivity (which didn't affect me since I didn't need to use it). Another cool feature on Lufthansa's A340-360 aircrafts is the downstairs location of the lavatories for Premium-economy and economy classes. I just feel bad for the elderly who might have to walk down there on shaky legs.
AircraftA340-360
RouteStockholm to New York (JFK) via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not the Lufthansa we're used to"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Booked tickets last minute Helsinki to Bucharest via Munich due to late confirmation of a conference and wanted to avoid Frankfurt Airport this time due to some delays as well as missed baggage earlier. How wrong we were! The flight HEL-MUC on a Sunday night was uneventful, however, LH seems to have severe catering problems from/to MUC and a small biscuit is not my idea of a five-star airline. There was a 15 min delay from HEL although we left on time and the plane parked at the furthest gate (K03) in the satellite terminal, which forced us to run like horses first to the train between the terminals, then to passport control and again to the furthest gate (H08) in the main terminal. We made it, but some connecting passengers didn't. Moreover, my spouse's luggage was left behind at MUC and we're still waiting for the bag at our Bucharest hotel although the agent told us the bag would to reach us by Monday afternoon. MUC-OTP is operated twice a day by LH. LH sells very tight connections through MUC (30-50 min between flights) which seems to be too optimistic. We are seasoned travelers on several airlines and understand operational challenges to cause problems every now and then. However, these two flights with minimal catering and a missed bag are not the Lufthansa we're used to through MUC.
AircraftA321 / A319
RouteHelsinki to Bucharest via Munich
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Overall not a bad flight"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Franfurt. Overall not a bad flight. Boarding at LAX was super easy using biometrics. All you have to do is have the machine scan your face and you're good! No boarding pass or passport. The airplane was extremely clean. My meals were somewhat disappointing and my breakfast was nearly untouchable. IFE was somewhat unresponsive. Movie selection was good. Crew was extremely nice and helpful.
RouteLos Angeles to Franfurt
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a pretty good flight"

Trip Verified | Munich to Los Angeles. Overall a pretty good flight! The ground crew was nothing to be noted of. Seat wasn't bad, but a bit short on room. IFE was nice and new and very responsive. The restrooms were downstairs, which was pretty cool and made them pretty large and comfortable. The crew Was nice, but they turned on all the lights to pass out ice cream, which woke some passengers, and seemed somewhat unnecessary. There were also snacks and water bottles in the back. Food, other than the ice cream, was untouchable, but luckily I wasn't hungry for this flight.
AircraftA340-600
RouteMunich to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2019

"forced to check our carry-on"

Trip Verified | Rome to Frankfurt. We were forced to check our carry-on luggage. We were told the flight was full. It was not. At least 15 free seats. Empty overhead bins. Same carry-on we have used for years. We will be forced to wait at or destination for an extra or to get our bags and clear customs. That was the point of carry-on only travel. To miss the hassle. When we hit on board there were bags larger than ours in the overhead bins.
RouteRome to Frankfurt