Lufthansa

"flights were performed quite seamless"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I travelled from Gdańsk to Nuernberg via FRA. The domestic legs were operated by Lufthansa Express Rail. The flights were performed quite seamless, after check-in issues had been resolved - unable to check-in online although call-center assured everything is correct. The service was poor - single bottle of water was distributed. The airline justifies this as covid 19 precaution, and no inflight magazines as well. The cabin crew average. I like the combinations of plane and train, but the layover length was too long - there were trains prior to mine.
AircraftE190/A319-100
RouteGdańsk to Nuremberg via Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not the Lufthansa of a few years ago"

Trip Verified | Tbilisi to Mexico City via Munich / Frankfurt. All deficiencies in service seem to blamed on covid. Some crew were great but a few were nasty, seemed unhappy with the job. This is not the Lufthansa of a few years ago. I had to pay for extra baggage which is 3 days late in arriving.
RouteTbilisi to Mexico City via Munich / Frankfurt
Date FlownAugust 2020

"No champagne offered before the flight"

Trip Verified | As tourists from the USA, my partner and I were flying with Lufthansa in Business Class. Even though the Bodrum Airport lounge was open, we were informed that Lufthansa has cancelled contracts with some lounges. Therefore, we could not enter the lounge at our departure airport. European business class is a regular class seat with the middle seat kept free. No onboard entertainment was offered. Flight time was 2.5 hours so I expected a little bit more than just one tray of food. No champagne was offered before the flight.
RouteBodrum to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"very long wait on refund"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Typical Covid-19 experience: Flight canceled by Lufthansa in March, difficult to reach customer services, very long wait on refund (19 weeks). I haven't given them the lowest score, because at the end of the day I did receive a full refund without needing to argue. Long wait, difficulties reaching customer services and their inability to provide concrete information on how the process will commence and thorough disappointment at how they treat longstanding customers with disinterest, were my reasons for withholding more stars.
RouteVienna to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Inflight crew was outstanding"

Trip Verified | Flight was on time and arrived 20 min. ahead of schedule. Although airport services in HEL are still quite limited (no lounge, very few shops and restaurants open), check-in and boarding were smooth and hassle-free. Inflight crew was outstanding. Very personal service and unlike other carriers, LH offers the full range of inflight service. Very tasty hot meal and full selection of drinks. Cabin was spotlessly clean and space in C-Class was sufficient. In addition to that everyone is handed-out disinfection wipes upon boarding. Clear announcements from the flight deck regarding routing and de-boarding procedures. Upon arrival de-boarding was very well organized and the luggage came within minutes. Kudos to the insight crew, which did a brilliant job!
RouteHelsinki to Munich
Date FlownAugust 2020

"waiting still for a refund"

Not Verified | Our flight was scheduled for May 28th, but canceled due to the corona virus a couple of day before. Since than we try to get our money back but waiting still for a refund. Lufthansa don't answer emails and you cant get them on the phone because of the high volume of customer contacting them they say. It is now more than 8 weeks and we are still waiting for the refund for more than $5k.
RouteDenver to Hamburg
Date FlownMay 2020

"Online refund is not available"

(Moldova)

Trip Verified | Due to the coronavirus Lufthansa cancelled the round trip flights, which is understandable, but did not refund a total of 235.65 EUROS and made it impossible to do it. Online refund is not available on their website, because I didn't pay extra to cancel it by myself and get the refund, thus redirecting me to the number listed for each country you are in, the number of the country I live in (Moldova) is inexistent, tried dialing it in many ways, whenever I was writing an email to them explaining the issue with the number, they just told me to dial it again because they don't do refunds via emails, and they didn't even respond to my last two emails.
RouteHamburg to Chisinau via Frankfurt
Date FlownApril 2020

"Onboard very limited service"

Trip Verified | Most lounges closed or very limited service. No masks or hand disinfection before flight or at boarding. Only disinfection tissue in the airplane, which ever guest takes from the same bowl. So best way to get really in touch which every guest on board. Onboard very limited service, only a bottle of water on 70 mins flight. My seat in CRJ9 very uncomfortable, small and tight.
AircraftCRJ9
RouteMünich to Bremen
Date FlownJuly 2020

"had not understood the forms"

Trip Verified | After paying for selected seats I saw the seat numbers had changed, one from row 6 was now row 23. Only after numerous attempts did I get through to Lufthansa only to be cut off in the middle of my call. I tried to call 4 or 5 more times to simply be cut off before anyone answered the call. I then tried using the Miles and More member number, I got through after just a few minutes and was helped by a courteous friendly assistant who, after 5 minutes, re-allocated the original seats. At no time did Lufthansa inform me of this change or of the fact they had seated two people on the same booking some 15 rows apart. I wrote an email to Lufthansa on 29.06 asking for an explanation on 23.07 received an automated replay that did not address my question. The seat numbers continued to change in the days leading up to the flight at least the changes were in the same area. 48 hours before the flight the screen showed that the seats "could not be pre-booked on this leg of the journey¨ but could be selected at time of check-in? In line with an apparent Lufhansa "Covid19 code of conduct" during this whole seat reservation farce the seat next to a booked seat was shown as "non-bookable" .. an intelligent and logical move, a positive Lufthansa initiative. However on boarding the plane (after ground staff informing us the pre-booked boarding assistance was ready! I had no requested this and after a brief discussion the whole thing was dismissed with indifference and lack to interest on their part. Upon boarding to my surprise people I saw that in fact passengers were sitting in the "non-bookable seats" .. no Covid19 distancing as implied by Lufthansa. In addition to being incompetent during the booking and boarding process they were also lying about their "responsible seating policy", Additionally boarding was more chaotic than normal, people queuing in the aisles, moving from the back to the front of the plane: evidence of the Lufthansa “dynamic seating process”. During the flight the FAs handed out 3 documents in a disorganized and giggly fashion, requesting us to complete them. The request was in unclear/garbled English and German. When unable to fill out 1 form (as none of the options applied to me) I asked the FA how to proceed: she replied “I don’t know, I´m just a FA, just fill in something!” One form was handed back to the FA, the other 2 had to be handed to the French authorities at passport control/security at Lyon arrivals. There were no officials at Lyon arrivals, no passport or security controls. One document was only valid for nationals from non-EU countries (plus UK, Norway.) The FA clearly had not understood the forms she was handing out. On the return flight I received a “Boarding Gate change” on my phone, the new gate being quoted as G26. As I was unable to find any “G” gates I asked a security guard where the G area was (no ground staff were at the original boarding area). We were then called to board (at the original gate) only to be kept standing for 15 min while the confused and theatrical ground staff gave us unclear and contradictory information. We we bused to the plane (overfull bus). I saw 2 “low-cost" airlines using airbridges.
AircraftCRJ900 / A319
RouteMunich to Lyon
Date FlownJuly 2020

"trip was cancelled the day before"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | The trip was cancelled the day before departure without any notice going out to us. I checked my spam filter, but nothing. Luckily we discovered this when trying to check in online, and an error message appeared. When calling the lady at customer services she did not at all see this as a problem, but just told us that next flight was in five days. She also offered us a refund. When pushing her about cancellation routines (eg sending out an email) she avoided the subject. If we had not noticed this ourselves, we would have gone all the way to the airport early in the morning with two small children to discover that the vacation was cancelled on our own.
RouteStockholm to Catania via Munich