Jetblue Airways

"miss our connecting flight"

Not Verified | We were supposed to fly from Hartford, CT to San Jose, Costa Rica through Fort Lauderdale (FLL). Our flight from Hartford to FLL was delayed due to both mechanical and weather issues by over three hours which as a result would make us miss our connecting flight from FLL to Costa Rica. JetBlue had to move us to a flight to the following day making us miss a whole day of our vacation. Apparently JetBlue has no agreements with any other airlines when it comes to accommodating their customers to try to find other available flight options. According to JetBlue rules, passengers are entitled to $250 credit when their flights are delayed for more than 6 hours when unrelated to weather. Our flight was delayed by 24 hours due to both mechanical and weather conditions, however, JetBlue refused to compensate because they are blaming the weather only, even though I have an official JetBlue email stating both mechanical and weather being the cause of the delay. After a big fight on the phone (without any apology but rather being told that we were not even charged extra!), finally got $75 per person credit to be used within a year. JetBlue also does not reimburse its customers for hotel stays due to delayed flights.
RouteHartford to San Jose via Fort Lauderdale

"horrendous customer service"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrendous customer service in Orlando and JetBlue shame on you for allowing your paying customers to sit in the airport for 8hours due to delay after delay, and for what you all said was due to the air planes being used to many time. Why would you book if you cannot manage that many flights!
RouteOrlando to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2019

"we made our connecting flight by a miracle"

Not Verified | Our flight to JFK was delayed by about a half hour. We had a short connection in JFK with a different airline, so we were concerned that we would not make our connection. We talked to the staff on the flight about our situation and they made a special announcement as we were landing, asking everyone that if they did not have to rush to make a connecting flight to please remain seated until those who did (our family) exited the plane. It was super nice of them! Because of them asking that, we made our connecting flight by a miracle! I was very happy with the service of Jetblue!
RouteSalt Lake City to New York

"They did nothing"

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta with Jetblue Airways. My granddaughter traveled and I was charged $100 each way for her to be escorted. They did nothing except put her in her seat. The family took her to the plane and stayed until it took off. The family picked her up at the door of the plane when it arrived. When I complained, they said the flight attendant was watching her. Give me a break.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"so much better than American"

Trip Verified | Boston to Rochester. In the past, my parents and I have tried traveling from Boston to Rochester on American Airlines, and in most cases, American Airlines failed actually to get us to Rochester. This time, I encouraged my parents to book us tickets on JetBlue instead now that they are offering this route. What a difference! Our experience for this route on JetBlue was so much better than American. Our plane departed Boston and arrived in Rochester on time. We were offered the full spectrum of available snacks and drinks. The personal IFE monitors were functional. The flight attendants were great, too. All around, it was an excellent experience!
AircraftE190
RouteBoston to Rochester

"Awfully bad experience"

Not Verified | Ft Lauderdale to San Francisco. Awfully bad experience. I travelled from FLL to SFO with my family. 1. Jet Blue prices grow much faster than other companies when you add just the basic option, in my case, it was +50%, that puts this company to the same category with American Airlines, United, etc. 2. For this price you have service, that is worse than the appropriate low-cost one. In FLL the terminal where Jet Blue operates is far away from the rental cars parking, comparing to United, that operates in the same terminal. And even if Jet Blue tails and admits it, you can't get anything - no business lounge, no paid hotels, absolutely nothing. 3. I came to the terminal and printed the boarding passes one hour prior to the takeoff. But the infrastructure in the airport, that works for Jet Blue, is so awfully bad that I missed the flight. The system doesn't print tags for luggage and nobody assists passengers. Finally, after a few attempts, we came to the service desk to print them, it was 50 minutes prior to takeoff. Then we spent over 20 minutes printing the tags, it's easy to see the timestamps on the tags. Finally, they didn't give us all our tags, one was missing! People were extremely slow then there was a glitch in the software, then the printer didn't work. Finally 25 minutes prior to takeoff we came to the security check, where we supposed to have a separate line. We didn't get it even after we told that we're missing the flight. The gate was closed strictly on time and we had to go to the Jet Blue service desk. 4. People at the desk saw right from the beginning all our statuses in the system and agreed that the was no our fault in this situation. They were not able to offer anything earlier than in 24 hours, but helped to identify all our luggage tags numbers and initiated the refund (appreciate it, however, I haven't got it so far). Everything else became our problem. 5. We tried to discuss the situation with the manager on site, but this step was absolutely useless. We were waiting for him for 40 minutes, a family of five people including a five-year-old child, that already supposed to be sleeping on the plane. He told us that he's sorry about what happened but didn't offer anything to compensate our losses (time and money for the tickets that we had to buy in the last minute and hotel). He didn't say anything regarding the enormous timeslots for the typical operations, that we saw. His point was that even if passengers paid for some services to get faster to the gate, one hour is not enough and we had to come earlier. But passengers should be notified about these critical issues in advance and have clear recommendations. And it doesn't mean that airlines are free from any obligations to support passengers on site. Nobody notified me that I had to plan 30-35 for each operation. I would never go for it. Overall conclusion: No way. Doesn't make sense to pay for the service if you can't get it. We had many examples of good and bad services, but this one is the worst experience that we had. All companies have problems but this time were had no support at all. In case of any troubles with Jet Blue you have reasons and explanation, but no help. They can tell you who's fault it is but they can't provide you anything after that happened. Special attitude exists only in their slogans. The worst example of low-cost with the prices of genuine airlines.
RouteFt Lauderdale to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2019

"canceled with no explanation"

Not Verified | Syracuse to Orlando. We have flown with JetBlue airways for years and usually have received adequate service. This year we received an email just 6 1/2 hours before our departure from Syracuse, NY informing us that the flight (#655) had been canceled with no explanation as to why? After further inquiry, we were told 2 things: bad weather did not allow the aircraft to be sent north from Orlando the day previous to the scheduled departure date; and JetBlue did not have a pilot available to fly the aircraft north from Orlando. Imagine that?? Honestly, I think they just made up any old excuse. Regardless, I received an email 20 minutes later (approximately 6 hrs. before scheduled departure time) stating that they rescheduled our flight for 2 days later. Now there's a genius answer to their problem. Our family spent over $10,000 for a 2 week vacation to Florida only to have an airline cut the vacation short by 2 days because of their total screw up. Wow! Needless to say, we were not able to find any flights for 5 passengers and had to drive from Syracuse, NY to Orlando, FL. No big deal... it's only an 18 hour drive! Bottom line: I'm not sure who within JetBlue made this decision, but this experience for him/her is disgraceful in my opinion. The airline probably has just lost the trust of hundreds of potential customers because of your ingenious decision.
RouteSyracuse to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2019

"amazing and very courteous staff"

Not Verified | Boston to Raleigh. We had a mechanical difficulty with the plane we were on, causing us to deplane. I thought it would take forever to schedule another flight, but Jetblue had us on another plane within an hour. It was amazing and very courteous staff that turned a possible flight nightmare to a very well planned departure for the circumstances.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteBoston to Raleigh
Date FlownJune 2019

"used to be a good airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Charlotte. I've been a loyal jetblue customer for over a decade and they 'were' always my go-to airline. This changed on this flight from JFK to Charlotte that was delayed 6 hours. Now, we all know delays are possible and when they are based on weather or things not in an airlines control, you learn to deal with it. However, our actual plane was right there at JFK but it first had to take a plane load of people to Nantucket which apparently had a ground stop. The delay for that route went from 30 minutes, to an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 5 hours. You see, instead of just cancelling the Nantucket flight and taking the us to Charlotte, we had to wait for that other flight on the plane we needed. Now considering this is their main hub, there has to be an extra plane and pilots (I'm told by someone in the industry that is typical). But let's put that aside, weather was good at JFK and weather was good in Charlotte, the issue is with an unrelated route which we now had to wait 6 hours. When you take the 6 hour wait, arriving at the airport an hour early and the 2 hour flight I essentially could have driven to Charlotte faster. Now consider their useless Jetblue 'Bill of Rights', since the ground stop was in Nantucket I was exempt from any money. So basically Jetblue will never give you money back, they will blame anything and anyone for their awful service. I contacted customer service who are useless, asked for a supervisor who after an hour gave up. I finally just emailed a list of execs at Jetblue and did get a useless response that did not address their issues. Jetblue used to be a good airline, if you have options, you may want to think about the fact your flight could be delayed by some other plane which in the case of my return flight was on the other side of the country.
RouteNew York to Charlotte

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Holguin. Worst experience and worst customer service. At the counter, the representative that was taking care of me was very rude, unprofessional, she hidden her name tag. Didn’t want to process my family tickets together even though I was paying with same credit card. She even sent me back to the line and started helping another customer. Staff was very rude, even the supervisor. No solution. Worst airline to travel. Never traveling with Jetblue.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Holguin