Jetblue Airways

"nothing but rip-off."

Not Verified | I did not get a chance to fly JetBlue. Below is why. I had gotten a credit due to COVID traveling restrictions. It was expiring on 10/20/2022. So, I called customer service for an extension. I was told no more extensions are given but I can book to hold the value of the money and keep changing it and extending or give it a relative. I did just that. Booked 2 tickets to London from JFK for 6/2023. By January, we decided we wanted to go to Caribbeans for family vacay. I call them to make changes. I was flat out denied or I will be charged fee. Their misleading website indicated I can cancel my flight to get travel credit. So, I did. THAT, completely messed me up and my credit had expired, somehow. ~$2000 gone to JetBlue without any service. Nothing but rip-off. Very disappointed.
RouteNew York to London
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"mortified how horrible customer service is"

Not Verified | I am mortified how horrible customer service is. I had to change my flight to an earlier flight and was not told the difference would be forfeited until after I made this purchase. I lost $600 because of their lack of communication.
RouteNew York to Orange County
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Do not trust what they say at the desks"

Trip Verified | They overbooked the flight and looked for a volunteer to take a later flight with a $700 incentive. I accepted and took the later flight out but had to also change airport. Arrived home 5 hours later than was supposed to arrive with the original flight. Was to receive the incentive in travel credit. Never received it. Contacted customer service three times and was told there was nothing they could do. Was even offered a consolation offer of $50 dollars! Do not trust what they say at the desks.
RouteNew York to Charleston

"Shame on you JetBlue"

Trip Verified | JetBlue cancelled our connecting flight from JFK to Tampa and we missed our vacation. They said they could not get us to Florida or even back home for 5days. I was stranded as a single mom with two children in New York City with no where to go for 5 days. Their were no hotels because it was the week of New Years Eve and their were no rental cars that would allow a one way rental home to Missouri. I had saved for this vacation to Florida with my kids for two years. It was ruined but that I could deal with but the lack of accommodation to reimburse me with extra flying points is ridiculous. That is the very least they could do for putting me in a very dangerous situation with my children for five days with no vouchers for hotel or food. It was a terrifying experience. Shame on you JetBlue for not making it right and taking accountability.
RouteKansas City to Tampa via New York JFK
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Customer service is pleasantly abysmal"

Not Verified | JetBlue Customer Service personnel fabricate information that is not honored when attempting to use travel credits in 2023. Example- flight booked 9/21, cancelled 1/22 with original expiration date of 9/1/22. Called customer service 6/1/22, 8/1/22 and was told not to worry,the Sept expiration date extended to mid-Jan, 2023, call the Intra Dept use tckt. no. when calling. Extensive notes kept of call discussions. Attempting to book a new ticket in escalation to supervisor Valerie of Salt Lake City indicated- she's sorry you were told incorrect information, credits expired on the original date of 9/1/22. No accommodation whatsoever, out $194. Lesson Learned- all Jet Blue communication must be on email or in writing as their discussions are not honored. Customer service is pleasantly abysmal, with a rating of below zero. Confidence in the airline zero. Trust in the business below zero.
RouteDallas to Newark
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"do not fly JetBlue"

Trip Verified | Check in was not smooth, the website kept glitching while i was processing my check in on 12/26/22, also i purchased 4checked bags. On our way to the airport i looked at our tickets and the seats i had purchased for our family of 4 the night before were no longer listed on the ticket. The website was having “server issues” per the customer service operator i spoke with on 12/27/2022 in the morning hours. The agent over the phone advised me she couldn't help over the phone that we would need to speak with an agent at the check in counter. On arrival to the airport we went to the counter and were told to first print our tickets and bag tags at the kiosk and then they could assist. When we checked in at the kiosk it said only 1 bag was processed and that i had to purchase the additional 3. So i did. Finally tickets and bag tags printed. When we arrived at the JetBlue counter i spoke with the agent who was very helpful, she advised me that 7 bags were paid for, she mentioned they had been experiencing issues with the kiosk. We only had 4 bags, we only checked in 4 bags. She said she noted our account and to call JetBlue to get our $135 refunded since we did not have 7bags. We waited an additional hour to figure out the seats, she tried several methods to fix our seats since we were traveling with two little kids (4&5). After several phone calls she was told for us to go ahead and go through TSA that by the time we arrived in Boston for our connection our seats would be taken care of. While she was trying her best to help us, another agent came around and said to her “you’ll be here all day if you keep trying to help them”. To this she answered “sometimes we have to do the right thing”. I give her so much credit for actually trying her best to do her job the right way. They assured us we would be taken care of by the time we arrived in Boston with a final destination to Denver. We continued to our gate and boarded our first flight. On our arrival to Boston for our connecting flight not only dis we still not have seats but they had us and our son on a standby list and my daughter was the only one with a seat! My husband stood at the counter and talked to the agent endlessly until we finally got seats with our children. I would like to note our flights had been booked for 6 months, there was absolutely no reason we were being placed on a standby list. On our return home my husband contacted JetBlue to request a refund for the additional 3 bags we were wrongly charged for. We were advised the charge was non-refundable. Basically they are saying they took our money for 3 bags we didn't check in. If i can give any advise to anyone booking a flight, please save yourself the hassle and do not fly JetBlue.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Denver via Boston

"If you can, go on JetBlue2

Not Verified | One of the best flights I've been on! On our first flight from SFO to FLL the flight was delayed about an hour because it was coming from New York. The gate agent was super friendly and was helping people with a smile. She gave us extra reward miles for the inconvenience. On the plane, there was a self-serve bar with snacks and drinks, and you could take as many as you wanted. On our second flight, the flight attendant was very friendly and even went out of her way to give my son JetBlue wings. The wifi was free and very fast. The legroom was amazing and there were TVs on every seat. If you can, go on JetBlue.
AircraftA321 / A320
RouteSan Francisco to Aruba via Fort Lauderdale

"Utterly disappointed"

Trip Verified | Utterly disappointed. Second time flight is delayed. 3 hour delay and 1 hour taxiing.. Unfortunately called customer service and they were extremely rude and would not give any credit on account, stating the delay was 2 hrs 56 minutes, even though we have proof it was a 3 hr delay. Looks like they like to alter their numbers. We are paying customers and deserve respect. Please retrain your staff and do better as a company. We love JetBlue but the last few times we noticed staff is careless both in the customer service department and the inflight crew.
RouteBoston to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"never fly with Jetblue again"

Not Verified | The customer service reps don’t even look at you or make eye contact when you talk to them. The worst encounter I have ever had. Would never fly with Jetblue again. Charged extra for everything and still no guarantee.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"worst flight experience I’ve ever had"

Trip Verified | The worst flight experience I’ve ever had. The cancelled my partner’s flight on the way to New Orleans and couldn’t book him for another 3 days; they wouldn’t even direct him to another airline! Then they cancelled our flight back to New York, so we scheduled for the next day. They then delayed it another hour and a half. Ok, whatever. At the last minute they moved the flight up another 30 minutes, causing us to rush to the gates! Once we got there, they said they weren’t boarding yet! What a waste of time and money, this experience has made me never want to take another flight.
RouteNew Orleans to New York