Jetblue Airways

"booking with JetBlue like buying a lottery ticket"

Not Verified | JetBlue's customer service is embarrassingly terrible. My 5:30pm departure flight had to be cancelled due to a snowstorm and rebooked in January 2022. The problem: JetBlue's automated system immediately rebooked my departure to 1:30pm and informed me about my new flight at 1:44pm. In other words, I was informed about my new departure time 14 minutes after the flight departed (Never mind the fact I wasn't anywhere close to the airport because my flight was at 5:30pm). I ended up booking a train back to avoid dealing with JetBlue's disorganization (to add insult to injury: weather events are common problems for airlines so I'd imagine JetBlue would have figured out how to deal with this issue by now). After this mess I had to call JetBlue three or four times to get ahold of a representative. After waiting on the phone for a total of five hours (not an exaggeration) I was finally given a travel credit that must be used within a year (my request to get my money back was transferred to a supervisor who never picked up--surprise). I'm sure this solution works for JetBlue because it will get to pocket my money when I fail to use it in a year (or inevitably forget to extend the credit before the end of the year). Overall, consider booking with JetBlue like buying a lottery ticket: you might get lucky and get where you're going or JetBlue might get lucky and get to pocket your hard-earned vacation money. It's a fair bet, right?
RouteWashington to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I now rank the airline in the Spirit category"

Not Verified | Attempted to fly with Jetblue over the Christmas break 2021. Jetblue then "rebooked" me on two separate occasions delaying my departure by nearly 48 hours. This caused me to lose my non-refundable hotel reservations because I would have arrived the day of check-out. Jetblue refunded the flight but refuses to refund the lost hotel cost. They stated because I was not on the flight, this cannot be reimbursed. So you delay me 48 hours, cause me to miss a reservation, but I could have traveled to Boston booked a second night and you would have reimbursed the first night lost? Seems like a nice loophole to get out of reimbursement for damages. I've flown Jetblue a number of times previously but the airline has significantly declined recently with their long call wait times, poor quality of online help chat, and poor service performance, I now rank the airline in the Spirit category for reliability and service.
RouteCharlotte to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Essentially I was robbed of $460 USD"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight for March and got an email today saying that "We have made some changes to our schedule that will result in you missing your connecting flight". Instead of a 2.5 hour layover it got cut to a 50 minute layover. Since the first flight was not changed by over 2 hours, I was not eligible for a full refund to my original payment method. Instead, I got a refund in the form of Travel Bank credits, which I can only use with JetBlue and expire after a year. I am not planning any travel for a long while, so there is a good chance that I will not be able to use the credits before they expire, and I don't appreciate being forced to use JetBlue. Essentially I was robbed of $460 USD.
RouteNashville to port of Spain via Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"aggression from a flight attendant"

Trip Verified | Never had so much aggression from a flight attendant. She ruined my experience and made me remember why I stopped flying JetBlue last time. Treated me completely different than the people seated next to me.
RouteOrlando to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"With all the issues I wouldn't recommend flying Jetblue"

Trip Verified | I bought my nephew a ticket from Atlanta to Boston after purchasing and receiving a confirmation # some few days later I received an alert that his flight has been changed to an earlier flight but still non-stop for same day only am instead on pm flight. Okay not too big of a deal so I accepted the new changes. The day of said flight was more issues, after boarding the plane had issues so everyone was asked to de-board the plane, flight was delayed and within a few hours I received 4 different alerts as to new itinerary. Long story short my nephew was stranded at the Airport from 8am until almost 5pm in ATL before being put on a flight to JFK with his flight leaving around 10ish, not to mention his bags were put on separate flights meaning he had to still wait at the airport once he arrived for his bags to arrive later. Didn't get back to campus until after 2 am due campus being an hour away. With all the issues I wouldn't recommend flying Jetblue.
RouteAtlanta to Boston
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"a classic case of bait and switch"

Trip Verified | Booked a Jetblue flight but was put on American Airlines when we arrived at the airport. Said they have a "partnership" now. It's kind of like being told you're going to your favorite ice cream place and being told that you're actually going to a frozen yogurt stand with the rodent problem. This is a classic case of bait and switch.
RouteNew York to Kansas City

"thrown off the plane"

Trip Verified | After completing multiple security checks, we board the plane. I am taken aside for "random" screening where I am essentially strip searched. I am told by the strip searcher that this has nothing to with Jamaica security and ordered by the airline. After the delay I come aboard the plane and tell the flight attendant that your airline has some nerve. Harassing a trusted traveler (or frankly anyone) with a strip search. I was quite angry and was told to sit down and shut up (not literally) or I will be removed from the plane. I sit down very angry talking with the wife. The attendant then goes to get her supervisor who I to throw me off the plane and remove my bag. The pilot was very approving as well. I was thrown off the plane and told to take a flight many hours later (somehow I would not be a terrible threat to another crew from the same airline on the same day, go figure!) though my wife was welcome to go and the bag will be sent with her as she needed it as well. Of course that did not happen. The bag was kept at the airport and slow rolled to me so I would have trouble rebooking on a non garbage airline. I was handed an orange "bad boy warning" after I was kicked off the plane and humiliated twice in the span of 20 minutes publicly by this excuse of an airline. Of course the warning requirement is by definition supposed to be given before one is kicked off a flight. They make the announcement "if you don't listen to us we will not (take your money to) let you fly with us. The gate agents were not much better. But then again they also get paid at the end of the week regardless so. Fly anyone else but this airline if you are lucky enough to live in a non monopolistic region
RouteMontego Bay to New York JFK

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I did not realize that they were three different tiers for JetBlue. This within itself is ridiculous that you have to pay extra to carry on a bag. Unfortunately I made a mistake and checked my bag however I needed to use my suitcase as a cane walking through the airport because I have chronic back pain. I already paid $35 which is a ridiculous amount for a checked carry-on luggage bag. Staff at the desk Jose West Palm Beach was rude and unwilling to work with me. Your company has the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. They could’ve just switched my ticket which would’ve taken them all in five minutes and allowed me to carry on my back and I could use it through the airport as a cane but instead they forced me to check my bag. Terrible customer service will never fly JetBlue again
RouteWest Palm Beach to Westchester
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Jet Blue's customer service is horrible"

Not Verified | Delta and United are both on board to extend the travel credits under this unique time in our lives when this Pandemic is hot and cold. However, I have pleaded with Jet Blue to extend another year and they will not under any circumstance. How does Travel + Leisure rate Jet Blue as the number one airline? Are they blind? Jet Blue's customer service is horrible. I have a printed chat from December when I first was pleading with them to please extend. His grammar, spelling, attitude was shockingly bad as I remained the persistent professional senior citizen. Nobody wants my $500 plus credit to fly and I cannot fly due to health reasons. They even eliminated my destination as a place they fly to. Jet Blue is out for profits and not budging an inch on helping it's customers. When a company does this, and word gets out, their business slows down and that is my hope. Good executive management would realize that these times are very unusual and changing past steadfast rules might need to be done in order to survive.
RouteOrlando to Newburgh
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"never fly JetBlue again if I can avoid it"

Trip Verified | Horrible experience. I booked and confirmed my flight and got a boarding pass through the JetBlue app. When I got to the gate and scanned the boarding pass, I found out they had canceled my ticket (in the few minutes since I had checked in on their app). I asked what I could do and offered to even pay right then to be able to board the flight and they said there was nothing they could do and offered to get me to Miami (which is 2+ hours from my destination) a few hours later. What a joke. Will never fly JetBlue again if I can avoid it. Astonishing.
RouteNewark to West Palm Beach