Jetblue Airways

"frustrating and worst experience"

Not Verified | I had an international flight from Boston to Hyderabad via New York connecting through Jetblue. My flight from Boston was delayed, it was to take off at 8 but it took off at 9:45 and my flight from New York to Hyderabad was via Emirates which was departing at 11 and because jetblue delayed my 2017 flight my Emirates flight was missed. As I was in Boston airport and I got to know there was a delay I went to a jetblue crew member and asked, they were like its okay flight will leave at 9 and then as soon as you get down you can run towards your international flight. But I reached New York at 10:50 and I missed my flight. When I went to jetblue they were so irresponsible, after lot of talk they rescheduled my flight for after 24 hours, my whole day got wasted and they didn't even help me find my baggage I had to roam between terminal 4 and 5 for my bags, and the hotel they gave me i had to checkout at 2PM though my flight was at 11PM and i had to wait at the airport for the remaining time. The next day when I am at the airport checking in for Etihad they told I don't have a reservation I had to go all the way to terminal 5 from terminal 4 to reconfirm with jetblue, and jetblue casually told they didn't confirm my reservation (Can you believe it after 24 hours of delay and 6 hours of wait at airport I get to know jetblue didn't even confirm my rebooking). I had to wait there for 25 minutes to get my ticket confirmed and then I went back to terminal 4 and boarded. My hassle wasn't finished yet ... after going to Hyderabad during my vacation I get to know that my return ticket through Emirates was cancelled because Jet Blue did not inform them about my rebooking. I had to explain Emirates people what my situation was and then after all the talking they rebooked my flight but I have to wait 48 hours still to get a confirmation on my ticket. A frustrating and worst experience!
RouteBoston to New York
Date FlownNovember 2019

"stranded in Boston at 2am"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly back from Boston to Clevaland on December 2nd at 9:25pm. The flight kept getting delayed until 3:25am of the 3rd and after that it got cancelled. It was because of weather so not the airline´s fault. They made us wait on a line for hours and once you got to the front all they said was they couldn´t do anything and we should call 1-800-jetblue. After waiting for another hour on hold, the costumer service rep was rude and didn´t help. She kept telling me to talk to the airport as if I hadn´t done that already. Long story short, I got stranded in Boston at 2am where I have no family or friends I could stay with so no sleeping tonight. They didn´t even try accomodating me anywhere and the worst part is the next flight they assigned to me was until the 4th. Again, they are not paying or even bothering to help me find accomodation for 2 nights they´re delaying the flight home.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBoston to Cleveland
Date FlownDecember 2019

"should be deeply ashamed"

Trip Verified | Albuquerque to New York. JetBlue should be deeply ashamed, they held my flight hostage through the night. 3 hours on the runway from midnight to 2am and then another 3 hours waiting at the gate until 5am before they acknowledged the flight was “delayed” until the following afternoon, and that we should seek hotels. Though the promised vouchers none of their local staff at 5am were trained in these systems and so they encouraged the whole line of 100+ folks to go to hotels on their own, and promised that JetBlue would provide the necessary reimbursements. The delayed flight isn’t leaving till 7:45pm, just 4 hours shy of a full 24-hour delay, and this airline is refusing to book us on another airline that would get us in earlier than 2am in the morning. JetBlue is offering no compensation for this hassle at this time. They are threatening us that if we book with another airline on our own that they won’t reimburse us for the hotel or the flight. What’s most awful about this situation is that I am traveling with my frail and unwell mother-in-law, who needs wheelchair assistance, and this situation is incredibly taxing on her physical and mental health. Beware of this terrible treatment before booking with JetBlue!
RouteAlbuquerque to New York
Date FlownDecember 2019

"came back on that flight so upset"

(Bahamas)

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. I had a 7am flight and missed it because I reached the airport at 6am. I understand the policy that they have in place, it’s no issue but anyway I was sent to customer service. The lady who helped me was so rude I honestly never experienced anything like that before with JetBlue. Seems like she was upset she had to rebook my ticket asking me why did I get the basic premium and she’s not sure that she can rebook me. I was standing rite there when she ask her supervisor if she can rebook me because it looked like she had given up and he ask her if I was there within the hour, she said yes, so he said to her it’s policy to rebook a passenger if they reached within the hour. I smiled feeling happy so she then look and me angry talking behind her voice saying your lucky and next time wouldn’t be so lucky and I must try do better like she’s talking to children. I understand people have bad days but she should stay home if she doesn’t feel the customer service. I came back on that flight so upset.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Nassau

"Delta here I come"

Not Verified | Westchester County to Fort Myers. What happened to Jetblue? As a flyer of JB for many years, I’ve always found them to be a reliable, on time airline. The last 4 or 5 flights that I’ve booked for myself or others have been delayed. I’m not talking 20 minutes here folks. I’m talking anywhere from 1 to 12 hours in the case of my 70 year old aunt. It happened again yesterday! Delayed 5 hours! I’m so disappointed! I’m taking a break. Delta here I come.
RouteWestchester County to Fort Myers
Date FlownNovember 2019

"beyond disappointed in Jetblue"

Trip Verified | Rochester to New York JFK. It’s been a week and I am still so beyond disappointed in Jetblue. When my first flight was unexplainably delayed 2 hours, I asked the man at the desk what my options were if I miss my second flight and he dismissively told me I’d be fine. Shocker, my flight arrived after the door to my second flight closed. My plane was still at the gate and the gate had not detached yet, but they would not let myself and 3 other women in my situation on the plane. I missed the 6 hour ride with my boyfriend for our anniversary trip. I asked the Jetblue desk what my options were and they had some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced, not sympathetic at all. They could not get me on a flight until the next day, which would have cost me a night at a hotel and one day less of vacation, so I bought a flight on another airline. I payed twice as much for flights as I intended to for this trip and I am in disbelief at JetBlue’s inconsideration.
RouteRochester to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2019

"delayed with no explanation"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Newark. I arrived at Fort Lauderdale airport to find that my flight was delayed with no explanation. On the positive side, Jetblue set up a small cart at the gate to provide chips and water to guests, and this was a nice touch. Check-in was a bit stressful with quite some confusion on the bag drop part.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"personal IFE across its fleet"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Ft Lauderdale. Jetblue is the airline that offers personal IFE across its fleet ... until now, and I praise that. I find their in-flight service pleasant, though without meal service. Baggage claim at FLL was a bit chaotic. The baggage claim monitor showed correct carousel number with incorrect flight information, and the carousel itself did not display the flight number for us to confirm.
RouteNew York JFK to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"fantastic experience!"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to New York. JetBlue provided an amazing experience to and from Las Vegas. Both trips were a pleasure- our flights were on time, the crews were super friendly and helpful, the plane itself was clean, our seats were comfortable and the pilots did an amazing job- smooth rides with take offs and landing and our checked bags were at the ready! We haven’t flown JetBlue in a very long time but this will now be our go-to airline. Bottom line- fantastic experience!
RouteLas Vegas to New York
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the worst experience in my life"

Not Verified | Boston to Cancun. This is the worst experience in my life, Jetblue Airways never again. We boarded the plane at 10.00am for a 10.32 departure, it is 12pm and are we still waiting to leave. It's hot and tiring all for a computer cargo glitch, they've updated our departure 4 times. You are the worst.
RouteBoston to Cancun