Jetblue Airways

"Not sure if I will fly on this airline again"

Not Verified | I decided to fly with one stop because my sister will join me at FLL. Unfortunately, this flight was delayed for maintenance and the airline offered to go to NY JFK airport to take the midnight flight instead of coming back the next day. They offered me transportation but I had to argue to get a food voucher of $16.00 (I thought I would get more). They sent me to JFK more than 6 hours difference to my new flight. I could not sit, check my luggage or eat at the airport until I was able to drop my luggage, I was tired, hungry and my phone was dying, nobody provided me with special services since I have a back condition. I had to beg to take my luggage around 5.30 pm and the employee who helped me was king enough to change the seat to 1F, thinking I am flying on first class, not at all, they eliminate the first class service, they have converted into a charter plane. Plane left on time and I was able to rest after more than 24 hours without sleeping or eating. The odyssey did not end, on my return after 6 days, the flight back to FLL was ok but returning to EWR was the worst experience I ever had, the first plane was damaged, they claimed it was the GPS and the antenna and they tried to fixed it while all of us were sitting inside the plane, after an hour the captain mentioned that it will be not possible to fix the problem and they will provide us with a new plane, we supposed to leave at 9.30 am and it was 11.15 already and we learned we had to switch planes, I was ok with that because I would not agree to take off on a damaged plane, they brought the new plane and around 12.30 pm the plane take off with a bad a/c, all I felt after that was fear because the plane was giving other issues that I could not understand, I believe that this company JetBlue is having so many maintenance issues that is putting at risk all public who travels using this airline. I would not travel again unless I use non stop. Not sure if I will fly on this airline again.
RouteNewark to Guayaquil
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"mint experience was really outstanding"

Trip Verified | The mint experience on JetBlue was really outstanding. The A321 had was awesome cabin lighting, our seat screens were pinned against the wall in the front and we got free unlimited wifi throughout the flight. Hazel, one of the FA’s, was very professional and made sure I had a full filling experience inflight and that I got the vegetarian option I needed for the meal service. The food was really good and my meal consisted of a Salad, pasta, ice cream with jelly on outside, and a tomato soup. Took a look at the amenities that were provided in a kit, such as tooth brush & paste, socks, and eye mask. I converted my seat into a lie flat bed and slept for 2 hours of the flight.
AircraftAirbus A321
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteNew York JFK to Seattle
Date FlownJune 2021

"JetBlue has terrible service now"

Not Verified | JetBlue has terrible service now. I will never fly them again. This is the second time in less than a month. My flight has been delayed four more hours, with no explanation but no crew. If that’s the case then cancel flights instead of having people waiting four hours. It wasn’t just my flight, every JetBlue flight was delayed. Just so Jetblue knows you have lost 3 customers and don’t expect your voucher from Jetblue, still never received the one from last month.
RouteNewark to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"wait times are ridiculous"

Not Verified | I purchased a flight on JetBlue's website on June 30th. I applied to receive a credit card through JetBlue. Their wait times are ridiculous I have spent about 2 hours and 40 minutes waiting for a supervisor. While looking at my statements just because I bought a flight for JetBlue they have charged me $18.25 for every ticket I purchase, they charge seats, and when I went to the counter they denied me ever purchasing the seat. The price they charged me was $53.15 for a seat I never sat in. When I called the bank, the bank informed me that I need to call JetBlue directly. When speaking to the representative she says that there is nothing in record of my purchases and sent me over to my bank. I have spent 15 days calling my bank and they redirect me to JetBlue while JetBlue redirects me to my bank. The representative repeatedly told me that she has no information and that she cannot help me. I asked her to redirect me to a supervisor and the supervisor never answered the phone. I waited an hour and 22 minutes longer to just get a supervisor.
RoutePuerto Plata to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2021

"they did nothing to accommodate us"

Trip Verified | They are horrible! We missed our connecting flight due to their error and being an hour delayed. It was a birthday trip and they did nothing to accommodate us to fix their error. They don’t care! They also have done this both the times I have flown with them.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Charleston

"Horrible experience!"

Not Verified | Horrible experience! I was going to travel with my 6 year old daughter in August and coming back home in September. I purchased the tickets in mid May, I paid for my bags and the Even More Space seats over the phone. A week before traveling I received a notification that I was going to loose my seat if I don’t pay for it. I immediately call the airline and they said not to pay attention to that automatic message because everything was paid off. I call back the following day because I was concerned and just wanted to make sure everything was in order. The day that we were returning back home, we were at the Jetblue counter, the Jetblue employee told me I didn’t have a seat (remember I purchased the Even More Space seat for me and my 6 year old in May). I explained everything to her and showed her the confirmation that I got in the email. She had the audacity to tell me she can’t help me and that she can give me a seat in the back row while my daughter is sitting in the 5th row. I end up calling Customer service and waited 2 hours for someone to help me, because the lady at the counter keep saying “I can’t help you”.
RouteSantiago De Los Caballeros to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"we cannot check in online"

Not Verified | Frustrated that we cannot check in online. It kicks us both out of the process about 1/2 way through and says “Oops! We cannot process your request”. This happens both in a browser on the website and in the app. Very frustrating. That means we have to get to the airport lots sooner and stand in line to check in (we tried on our flight out and could not check in at the kiosk either). Took us about an hour at the airport, standing in line, to check in for our flights. Very poor procedures and “traffic flow” for something that should be simple. Flight took off on time and was fine, even arrived early but none of the entertainment options were working (no TV no audio). So I didn’t give 1 star (gave it 4 because it was a good flight). The preflight chaos colored our entire trip. It was a 5 hour flight with no entertainment for those who are used to inflight options so no longer bring their own.
RouteBoston to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2021

"wait 1.75 hours for luggage"

Trip Verified | Scheduled to fly out of SD, CA Sep. 1st @ 9:30. Canceled flight at last minute because they didn’t have enough oxygen on plane and had to try and get a couple of canisters from LAX? Flight canceled. Waited hours for staff to scramble around for other flights from anywhere to original destination. Got to hotel at 4a.m.. Cab never came. Next best flight was 9/2 at 11:30 p.m. from Ontario, 3 hour cab ride to get there; however, had to check out of hotel by 1p.m. No car, nothing to do. Took cab at 1p.m., got to airport by 3p.m. (no traffic). Flight delayed 1.5 hours! Get to Kennedy timely only to wait 1.75 hours for luggage. No explanation as to why and nobody to ask. An absolute joke. No radio from the baggage claim to the luggage workers. Zero leadership skills, zero communication skills. The $100 credit didn’t cover additional expenditures, tip for the cab driver for a $400 fare, food, missed medication, inconvenience, etc., being completely exhausted. Such poor, poor management!
RouteSan Diego/Ontario to JFK

"Terrible crisis planning"

Trip Verified | Our departure was supposed to be at 1.05pm. The crew “Got stuck” in Boston due to the storm that happened a day before, “Terrible crisis planning”. We waited 2 hrs until the crew came. I kept going back and forth asking the rudest agent ever about the time. The last time I spoke to her was at 2.30, asked her what time we should line up? She said you have another 30-35 mins! We received an email saying the departure at 3.15. When we went to the gate at 2.45 (even before we received the email) we found the gate is closed and the worst agent ever started to curse and yell at us! When I gave her the attitude back, she threatened me that she won’t let me in if I kept the attitude (as she has the ultimate power). Attached is a picture of the email that was sent at 2.55 after they closed the gate! I won’t let this go until whoever gave us the bad experience gets held accountable. And definitely a full refund of the 5 tickets!
RouteNewark to Tampa
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Do yourself a favor, stay away if you can"

Trip Verified | Very bad service and experience. First you leave my wife's bag in the states where she didn't even have a clean change of clothes. Then we go to place a claim and no one is here to help. Spent an extra hour and a half once we reached Jamaica. Took time away from our honeymoon. Jetblue has fell off tremendously and I will not recommend or fly this airline again. Both flights delayed for no apparent reason skies are clear. Do yourself a favor, stay away if you can. Also checking in with them they let other people cut you that were late and have you standing online longer than you should. Very slow and bad service. Flight attendants rude and act like they don’t want to serve you.
RouteNewark to Jamaica