Jetblue Airways

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | My wife and I were flying from EWR to MCO for a 1 week vacation which was booked 3 months in advance. The night of the flight the aircraft experiences some sort of maintenance issue and needs to be checked out. We sit around for hours and eventually are pulled off of the plane due to it not being able to be resolved. My issue is that due to this, we are out a night at our hotel that was already paid for and now we have to pay extra transportation costs to get to and from the hotel due to showing up at 3-4 AM when the car rental agency is closed. Jetblue staff told us to reach out to customer service, who then told us there's nothing that can be done and we just have to deal with it. I was a long time customer with Jetblue but after this experience will never fly with them again. Stay away unless you want to get to your destination late and pay double doing so, all while
RouteNewark to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Very poor customer service"

Trip Verified |  Dreadful experience. Will never use again. Very poor customer service and extremely rude staff. Website very difficult to fathom. Uncomfortable in every way possible.
RouteFort Lauderdale to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"hides behind their customer bill of rights"

Trip Verified | Jetblue hides behind their customer bill of rights, but its more like a lack of rights for their customers. My flight was delayed 3 hours and 40 minutes and they pretty much said, oh well all you can get is a $50 credit - as if I want to fly with them again. When I finally got on the plane it was filthy. I wiped off the seat with a Clorox wipe and could not get the gunk off.
RouteBoston to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"apologize and dismiss my complaint"

Not Verified | My flight for Jamaica was supposed to be at 8:45am it was already delayed and I spent 24 hours at the airport. I missed my flight to Boston with this connecting flight. I got home a 1:45am the next day. Had to call out of work because of the terrible service. I was at the airport from Friday 5am to Saturday 1:45 next day. JetBlue just apologize and dismiss my complaint because I do not matter.
RouteNew York to Boston

"nothing but problems"

Not Verified | My husband and I were scheduled to fly out on the 18th to the 23rd of September. We were previously going on the 9th but due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to delay our trip. But I digress, the 18th was the hurricane and JetBlue pushed us back to the 20th but not extending our stay for 2 days. They shortened my trip. I waited for over 2hrs daily to speak or chat with someone to make sure that everything was a go for the additional 2 days that we lost, but it wasn’t. I called the hotel to make sure that they had power and we were all set. I finally get to my destination and the hotel tells me that they thought I was a no-show and I did not have a reservation. I flew for 4hrs and this is what I hear. I had to call JetBlue while I was there so they can speak to someone to let them know that I did have a reservation. Because the hotel couldn’t reserve the reservation from a 3rd party on the same day, I had to pay for the 1st night. JetBlue is supposed to refund the money. They tell me it will be in a credit. Who says that I will be using them again? I was very lucky that there was a room available that fit what I wanted. I was supposed to have the continental breakfast because that’s what I chose for my initial trip but that didn’t happen. So, I had to pay more money just to eat breakfast which was $76.00 per day after the “$150.00” VIP perk was used up. I paid for the extra legroom but then both ways, the internet did not work, and we couldn’t watch the DIRECT TV on board. What is the point of having it if you can’t use it. This trip should have been for leisure but going and coming was nothing but problems. I know weather is not their fault but since there were so many issues going and coming there should be some sort of incentive. I am angry and frustrated because I was almost in a strange place away from home with no place to stay because JetBlue did not do their due diligence.
RouteNew York to San Juan
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"customer service was horrific"

Trip Verified | I spend a very large amount of money on very overpriced plane tickets. I paid extra on top of that in order for them to be fully refundable. I received an email confirming this from JetBlue stating that my ticket is fully refundable and will be refunded in the original form of payment if cancelled. I am less then 2 weeks away from my travel date and the island I am traveling to has been hit with a hurricane and is being evacuated so I am no longer able to go. I cancelled my flight and received a refund through travel points rather then to my bank account so I called customer service to fix this. After waiting 65 minutes to get in contact with someone on the phone he was of no help. Told me I was incorrect and by the end of the telephone call he specifically told me that I was "wasting his time" but he "will continue to repeat himself to me for as long as I want" and that he could do that all day. The customer service was horrific and I have never had to end a service phone call on terms like that. It was extremely disrespectful. On top of that the amount of false advertisement on the JetBlue website referring to refunds is unbelievable. It is apparently just an easy way to get extra money out of you with no intention to follow through with what those additional fees are actually for.
RouteOrlando to San Juan
Date FlownNovember 2021

"rude, disrespectful, unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Gate Attendant was very rude, disrespectful, unprofessional, miserable person I’ve ever met in my life. He left us standing for 30 minutes right in front of him and never said good morning I will be with you in a moment. When I did speak to him finally after standing for 30 minutes he kept cutting me off, rolling his eyes and apparently hated that he woke up this morning. When we ask for a supervisor or manager to help us he wouldn’t even call them. This was my first time on JetBlue and last.
RouteBoston to Charlotte,
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"they showed absolutely no regard for the people who were left stranded"

Not Verified | We flew JetBlue for the first part of our journey to India. We were supposed to fly from Raleigh Durham to Boston and connect at Boston to Qatar Airways which would take us to India. Our RDU-BOS flight was scheduled to depart at 5:30pm and land at 7:30pm giving us three hours to make our international connection in Boston. The flight was delayed from 5:30 to 6:30, and then repeatedly until the flight only took off at 8:30. During this time, absolutely no explanation was given for their delay. There were 22 total passengers in this flight looking to make the same connection. When we landed in Boston at 10pm, JetBlue said there were 15 minutes in which we could make our connection (scheduled to take off at 10:15) and asked that these 22 people be allowed off the plane first, however, we then sat on the tarmac for one full hour, with no gate available. At 11:30 when we got a gate (note that by this time, we had watched the plane we were supposed to be on taxi by our JetBlue window and take off - they had tried waiting for 30 minutes), there was no jet bridge available to allow everyone to deplane. JetBlue was not only deeply incompetent in this situation, they showed absolutely no regard for the people who were left stranded in Boston at midnight. There were families with children and elderly people traveling alone. No JetBlue employee was available to help people get a hotel room overnight or find out where their checked luggage might be. When we tried to reach customer service, for chat, the delay to speak to someone was 1 hour and 20 minutes and thirty minutes by phone. We are never flying JetBlue again.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"They refuse to provide assistance"

Trip Verified | I am writing this review on behave a friend of mine who is still waiting at JFK due to the flight cancelation. I have been traveling all around the world with many different International and Domestic airlines. I make it very simple. Constant cancellation. Their representatives at airports, especially JFK are extremely rude, and unprofessional. They refuse to provide assistance to the passengers who are stuck at airports due to cancelations. I would rather walk to my destination than use this airline to fly there. There is no negative stars but if there was, I would have surely given them -10. Don't fly with this airline.
RouteNew York JFK to Minneapolis
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"hospitality among the best"

Trip Verified | I want to thank the crew of flight 1818 for their kindness and care. I was on my way home from laying my mother to rest. I was frustrated with the agent who checked me in, and then had to go through double security and sit in a sectioned of area until boarding. Upon ending the plane one of the attendant remembered me from my trip down some days earlier. Seeing my frustration he asked what was wrong. I explained. After that the entire crew took care of my family and I. I rank their hospitality among the best I have ever encountered while flying. Natalie, Eddy Shondel and Lenny. You guys deserve awards for the tremendous care and compassion you showed. Knowing that we were hurting from our loss of our loved one. You went above and beyond the call of duty. This can never be repaid. I just want to extend the warmest thank you to you all from the bottom of my heart.
RoutePort of Spain to New York