Jetblue Airways

"disappointing customer service"

Not Verified | Salt Lake City to Raleigh-Durham via New York. I flew on standby on my most recent trip with Jetblue. I've flown standby many times and I am used to not always getting on the first time I go to the airport but this time was ridiculous. I attempted to leave on a Tuesday evening and at the very last second before the flight was closing its doors, I was told it was my lucky day and I got one of the last seats on the plane because someone didn't show up. I was printed a new ticket with my name and seat assignment, checked my carry on (since they ran out of overhead bin space), found my seat and buckled up. I sat there patiently waiting for take off when a stewardess/flight attendant came and told me the other person showed up and needed their seat back! They escorted me off the plane, gave me my bag back, and sent me on my way. They should not have been able to take me off the plane and give my seat away once they established the previous customer did not get the seat anymore and printed a new ticket with my name and that seat assignment. After three days of waiting on standby and being rolled over, I finally got a seat on a plane to JFK where I was supposed to connect to RDU and finally get home. When I arrived to JFK I found out the attendants that were rolling over my flight the previous days did not roll over my connecting flight each time like they should have (or at least they should have notified me I needed to talk to the proper people to get them rolled over) so I had to run all over the airport looking for someone who could help me get on the next flight out. Every person I dealt with that worked for Jetblue was rude to me, cut me off mid-sentence thinking they knew what i was asking before I could finish, or acted like I was at fault for not doing what I was supposed to (even though I was never notified of an issue and if I ever asked questions i was immediately cut off or rushed away so I didn't have to be dealt with). Jetblue treats their customers like second class citizens, even when they pay the full priced more expensive tickets like I have on previous occasions. On top of all this, I've also had luggage damaged when flying with them that they refused to take responsibility for. They have nice planes but the disappointing customer service and problems they have caused me when trying to travel have definitely turned me off of ever flying with them again!
RouteSalt Lake City to Raleigh-Durham via New York
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not be riding this airline again"

Trip Verified | Santiago de los Caballeros to New York. I haven't left the country in 8 years so I was happy that everything has been upgraded. Plane was clean. Arrived early but alot of my stuff was taken after baggage claim. I had a lock on it and it is gone. So I will not be riding with this airline again.
RouteSantiago de los Caballeros to New York
Date FlownOctober 2018

"by far the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Nassau to New York JFK. This is by far the worst experience I had with jet blue. Also like to fly with them but on the way back to the Bahamas there was engine failure. The flight was canceled. On top of that they wanted us to fly out the next morning to FL then catch a flight from FL back to JFK. I booked a non stop ticket and we wanted to get home. So we had to fly to FL and then go back to JFK the same day. Did not get in til 12:30 and got home at 2 AM. Called them up to see what they can do for us and they ended up giving us 175 per person credit. That will expire in 365 days and we have to fly with them again. This really did put a bad taste in my mouth after flying with them for so long. I don’t think I would ever fly with them again. They can take the 175 credit and eat it. All the hours I spent at the airport and had to do a layover to get home and I get 175 back. Total joke! I guess JetBlue does not care about customer service. I hope my story would help other people out before the book JetBlue.
RouteNassau to New York JFK
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Will never fly them again"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Westchester. This was the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. First, our flight was delayed again and again and again, a total of 6 hours until they finally cancelled our flight at midnight. For hours they knew that there wasn't going to be a crew to fly us back as the crew timed out do to weather in NY and the jetblue employees chose to lie to everyone for hours pretending like we would be flying out that night. When our plane finally arrived at 11pm they told us it would be a quick turnaround and they would get us on board knowing fully well there was no crew. Instead of letting everyone know what was going on so that people could make alternate travel plans or even go home to get sleep to get on another flight in the morning they decided to just lie. And as the crew was getting off the plane the flight attendant has a smirk on her face and the pilot answers a passenger telling her they knew they had timed out. We lost our rental car and non refundable tickets we had to events in NY. Fast forward to the next morning with the next flight they put us on after getting 4 hours of sleep, we're told our plane has arrived but the captain hasn't given the all clear to board. After delaying it 3 times the captain says they hit a bird on the descent into Tampa and need everything inspected. We received an email at 6am and 7am saying our flight was delayed. So please tell me how at 6 in the morning they knew there would be a delay when the plane that 'hit a bird' just landed at 8:30 and needed to be checked then? Long story short we never made our flight and left the airport after waiting a total of 10 hours there and a loss of over $1000. And what do we get from jetblue? A $100 voucher. hey do not care about their customers at all, period. Will never fly them again.
RouteTampa to Westchester

"Kudos to Jetblue!"

Trip Verified | Kudos to Jetblue! We flew roundtrip Boston to Jacksonville to vacation on the Gulf of Mexico, and were there for Hurricane Michael (Cat 5). Due to the destruction of the area, we decided to pack our bags and return home early, so I called Jetblue to reschedule our flight home and talked with a nice staff member. Because of the hurricane, Jetblue didn't charge change fees or the fare increase, they just swapped our tickets to a different day for no charge. Wow, thank you Jetblue! I normally try to fly Jetblue in the US because they have more legroom, and otherwise seem better than all the other US carriers. Also, on the rare occasion that I have to call to change a reservation I haven't waited long and get friendly people to handle it. So now I have another reason to like this airline.
RouteJacksonville to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Never using JetBlue again"

Not Verified | Salt Lake City to Boston return. First flight got delayed by 4 and a half hours and the flight back got delayed by 3 hours. Not because of weather, just because it's JetBlue. Never using JetBlue again.
RouteSalt Lake City to Boston
Date FlownOctober 2018

"nobody received an apology"

Trip Verified | Santo Domingo to Fort-Lauderdale. My last experience with this airline was disastrous. I was supposed to fly at 3:45 am and the airline did not stop delaying the flight until it was almost 7 o'clock in the morning when we finally flew, not caring about anything at all, and without giving a real information of what was happening. I personally chose that time to fly because I should be at my job early, and end up losing more than half of the day. And if that were not enough, when we were waiting for flight Nobody was concerned about accommodating their customers in the way that was possible, we spent more than 3 hours without eating, going cold and unable to sleep. But the worst of all is that nobody received an apology for that unforgettable night. I am going to make sure that everyone who travels constantly knows about this event so that they do not go through the same thing that I unfortunately had to go through.
RouteSanto Domingo to Fort-Lauderdale
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the staff were very rude"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Havana. I try to not use this airline when possible due to the rude staff, but this flight was the worst. I was in the bathroom when the attendants decided to serve drinks and they would not let me pass to my seat. I had to stand in the back of the plane the entire time they were serving; approx 30 min. I will never fly Jetblue again nor will ever recommend them. And on top of it the staff were very rude.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Havana
Date FlownJune 2018

"satisfied with his customer service"

Trip Verified | Although our flight from Charleston to Boston was delayed (this meaning we could potentially miss our connecting flight from BOS to Munich) Steven at Charleston airport JetBlue check in desk was extremely helpful and did everything he could for us to make our connection. We are very satisfied with his customer service.
RouteCharleston to Boston

"an excellent flight"

Not Verified | Boston to Aruba, direct flight. The flight both ways was fantastic! The cabin staff were amazing, understanding, friendly and always helpful, especially when I requested water. The seats were comfy, and the plane was new and clean. It was a very comfortable flight, both ways, plenty of room, the seats were very comfortable and the seated TVs worked most of the time. All in all, it was an excellent flight. JetBlue never disappoints and I recommend them to everyone.
RouteBoston to Aruba